South City Kitchen Vinings
1675 Cumberland Parkway in One Ivy Walk
Smyrna, GA 30080Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
South City Kitchen Vinings
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fifthgroup.com/
- Phone: 7704350700x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday, 10am-3pm (brunch); 5-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chip Ulbrich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: South City Kitchen Vinings is owned by Fifth Group Restaurants which also owns Bold American Events. For more information on catering, please visit http://boldamerican.com.
A word from South City Kitchen Vinings
With elements of South City Kitchen Midtown and some features unique to this location, South City Kitchen Vinings brings a combination of energy and comfortable metropolitan sophistication to a new neighborhood. Traditional, fresh ingredients prepared in an open exhibition kitchen are used to create our version of contemporary Southern cuisine. The restaurant features an oversized bar with communal tables and cozy booths as well as a dining room lined with French doors that open to a spacious outdoor patio. This is the perfect spot for families and friends to enjoy dinner, Sunday brunch or a quick bite at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
South City Kitchen Vinings - Best Restaurants in Vinings ›
South City Kitchen Vinings reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (141)fit for foodies (112)special occasion (99)good for groups (97)great for brunch (55)romantic (54)notable wine list (41)hot spot (37)vibrant bar scene (34)great for outdoor dining (30)great for lunch (29)kid-friendly (22)late-night find (15)scenic view (5)Show More
- Birthday DinnerMimsAndDieselDined on 8/24/2014We had six for a Sunday night dinner. Three had the fried chicken, which was great. Two of us had the jambalaya, and enjoyed it thoroughly. The collard greens were great. The okra succotash we very good. The Mac & Cheese was also very good. Our waiter was very personable. We would come back anytime.Special Features:
- Reliable afar all these yearsMbsbVIPDined on 8/24/2014Went for Sunday brunch. Our server was late getting to our table, but when she did she apologized and was very quick from then on. The fact that she knew she was late impressed us, given the lack of awareness shown in a lot of less professional places in town, and it shows the general competence of this organization. Fried chicken was very good, though the breast, while not dry, could have been juicier (the leg was the best part), the waffles were a bit cool and should have come with better when they were warm, but the flavor was good. Fried green tomatoes were excellent and innovative, with a red pepper and basil coulis which worked. Crab hash was delicious.Special Features:
- Brunch!!ExcellenceDined on 8/24/2014I went Friday night and was so pleased with my visit that I came back Sunday morning for Brunch. No wait at all not even for water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and niceauditigerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Don't let "kitchen" in the name fool you-- it's upscale with very delicious food and very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Date NightsaturdayisdatenightDined on 8/23/2014This was a nice place for a date night. Service and environment were great. Food was pretty average though. We were told the chicken won some awards but found it kinda bland. A good southern chicken is usually marinated in buttermilk and seasoned. The breaded chicken skin was cooked and seasoned perfectly, but the meat liked flavor and was a little on the dry side. The macaroni and cheese was super over cooked and was bland. I LOVE pasta and did not eat it. The baby bliss potatoes were perfection and I finished them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!ExcellenceDined on 8/22/2014Even though this was not my first time, I never had the opportunity to write a review. I absolutely loved my visit from start to finish. Our wait was nonexistent, the service was extremely fast, the food was absolutely delicious and our waitress Lindsay was great! She had wonderful suggestions which we took advantage of. We tried the new item on the menu, LAMB!!! And it was wonderful. She was extremely nice and funny and we have requested to sit in her section on our next visits. She also gave us a rewards cards!! I love collecting rewards cards and punch cards. Thank you guys for a great date night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place, consitentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014I love South City Kitchen for dinners with groups or clients. Its consistently good.Special Features:
- Just OkjackiecDined on 8/21/2014This was not a bad visit to SCK but not my best. Fried chicken was a bit overcooked and crust too brown, lights flickered as it got to be night as usual, gouda appetizer had a sauce that was too sweet. The staff -servers, hostess & everyone was great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeGreatDined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed everything we ate. Servers were friendly, upbeat, knowledgeable. Food presentation was very good, will definitely go back.Special Features:
- fair offeringmesameoneDined on 8/17/2014noted for the fry chicken, but after 2 visits, need something else to get excited around eating. jambalaya wasn't it
- Awesome!FoodieFanatic1Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and service. Southern style cuisine with a dose of class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Southern FoodKennyDined on 8/16/2014One of the menus in the area, always friendly service We really enjoyed the seasonal menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great priceRNB7Dined on 8/14/2014South City Kitchen is a gem of a restaurant. Great food and wonderful wines for the pairing. Whether you're going on a romantic date, business lunch or dinner with the family, it's all worth it!!! Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- I recommend the crab cakesSnoopDined on 8/14/2014Their crab cakes have a wonderful blend of flavors and plenty of crab. They rival Canoe's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmedVIPDined on 8/13/2014Fabulous service, food, and a great place to dine on date night or with friends,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level is problemZoeyDined on 8/13/2014Interesting, creative food and excellent service. Noise level is the only negative and should be addressed by owners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- homesick4atlDined on 8/13/2014Friendliest server......EVER! Moved away from the Atl a year ago. THIS is what I miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business meeting placeBusinessMeetingDined on 8/12/2014Great menu for a variety of tastes. It was the second time in two weeks we had a business meeting at South City Kitchen and was just as pleased as the first time. After both dinners I was complimented for my great taste in choosing the restaurant. The service and the food is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was so soDineladyDined on 8/10/2014I usually rave about this location. I wasn't really impressed this time around. The host was gracious and we were seated promptly (had a reservation). The food was good but lukewarm. I almost felt rushed and we were barely there a hour. I would go back but would definitely voice my displeasure.Special Features:
- Had Great VisitHappyCamperDined on 8/9/2014Went to dinner after show at Cobb Energy Centre. Had reservation no wait time. Waiter was excellent and the food was terrific too. Purchased bottle of wine that our waiter suggested for us. Food was delivered quickly. Bathroom was clean. Would highly recommend this restaurant to others. Love open kitchen look too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I decided to go here for our first date in years and it was all we thought it should be and more!!!Special Features:
- Night out30somethingFoodyDined on 8/9/2014This was our second visit to South City Kitchen. We went out for a birthday. We made a reservation online. The food was great, the atmosphere was a good balance of vinnings home and Mid town. I would recomend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible findJoyJoyDined on 8/9/2014I'm very happy my sister found this place on the Cobb Energy Center website as a suggested place to dine. The service, food and atmosphere was great. She ordered their fried chicken. I had the catfish. They were bothe excellent. We are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seasonal Menus are the BestATLfoodieDined on 8/8/2014South City Kitchen Vinings is one of our go-to restaurants because they never disappoint. Their seasonal menus ensure that we never get bored with the menu choices. Lately we migrate more to the bar to dine than sitting at a table. The bartenders are, especially Charlie, are very attentive, professional, and entertaining. Definitely a MUST try!!Special Features:
- No Muss No FussPanhandleDined on 8/8/2014We actually had a reservation next door at Muss & Turner's. When we showed up they were having serious issues with their AC which they offered no apology for nor would try to find us a cooler spot to sit as we were also close to the kitchen and an outside door they kept opening. They were non responsive. We jumped on the open Table ap left and made a reservation for 30 mins later next door at South City Kitchen. South City Kitchen was awesome and We'll be going back there a lot. Thanks to Muss & Turners for helping us find a great restaurant with attentive responsive personnel who serve increadable food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with supplierBusinessDiningPerfectionDined on 8/7/2014South City Kitchen was the PERFECT dining experience for our dinner meeting with our supplier. I requested a quiet table so we could discuss business and our table was perfect. The service is some of the best I've experienced! The waiter was there when we needed him and not when we didn't want to be disturbed....without having to ask! The food and beverage choices covered all the palates and diet preferences. We will use South City Kitchen for our next supplier meeting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Disappointing Surprises, Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/3/2014South City Kitchen- Vinings is consistently delicious! Love this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CeeKayDined on 8/3/2014Wonderful brunch experience! Our server was SUPERB!! Food cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Walked in...sat us down. Our service was fantastic and food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal despite wrong orderbrownangel918VIPDined on 8/2/2014This was our first time at the Vinings location having dined at SCK Midtown for years. The service was friendly and attentive and the ambiance was comfortable and appropriate for an early Saturday evening. The wine selection was great...I had a nice, crisp sauvignon blanc. However, our server got my entree wrong and since we had tickets to a nearby show that was starting soon, I didn't have time to have the kitchen correct the error. Don't get me wrong...the meal that was brought out (flat iron steak) was great. Just wish I was able to taste the redfish special that I originally ordered :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smyrna gemAugieDined on 8/2/2014Great individual and friendly service, great food as always. Catfish was especially tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!SaussyDined on 7/31/2014Always enjoy the food! Would definitely encourage others to dine here.Special Features:
- Delivered the goods !CharliedDined on 7/29/2014Enjoyable airy atmosphere. Excellent menu selections with a true southern flair. Be sure to check out the specials, usually quite good. Service was terrific and he servers were pleasant and knowledgeable, a rare thing these days. Thought a bit noisy but not a big deal. Like the idea of an open kitchen (nothing to hide). Ha e been to the downtown location and him the food maybe a slight notch above then here. Go Enjoy, fairly priced.Special Features:
- Great First DateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014I took my best friend and a couple others there for dinner and we had a grand time. Our waitress was wonderful, very knowledgeable and attentive. It wasn't too expensive and the ambiance was great.Special Features:
- Always GreatChrisDined on 7/26/2014Our "go to" place in the Atlanta area. Always good.Special Features:
- Good food, too loudWoodyDined on 7/25/2014Much, much too loud. Everyone in our party enjoyed the food, but I won't go back because I don't enjoy eating in a room full of people who are yelling at the top of their lungs.
- ExcellentPSUIthacaDined on 7/24/2014South City Kitchen is a great place for a good time. The chef does a wonderful job of cooking up some southern favorites with modern twists.Special Features:
- Great Svc - Food Hit & MissNolepalVIPDined on 7/23/2014Service was very good (Jimmie was our server). Friendly & helpful w/menu items. Jon (mgr) was accommodating & friendly as well. We were not thrilled w/the trout (not seasoned at all) & quail (not seasoned either & gamey tasting-have had better). My mom likes bland food and even she thought the trout and quail were flavorless. The succotash and the pineapple upside down cake were good. We will definitely try again it again to try some of the other dishes. We want to try some of the other restaurants in this mgmt. group we well. We were told that La Tavola was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic and DeliciousTanyacDined on 7/22/2014This was my first time going to the SCK in Vinings. The experience was on par to my previous experiences at the midtown location. The menu is slightly different but all the usual favs (fried chicken, ceasar salad, shrimp and grits, etc) are there. The food was fantastic, the atmosphere was fun but professional, our server was very attentive and the manager even came by to introduce himself and welcome us to the neighborhood. Overall, great experience. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- The food was just okay.diningcoworkersDined on 7/21/2014I dined at SCK on a Monday night, so we were seated immediately. The ambiance was nice, good for casual dining or maybe a date. The noise level was conducive for holding a conversation without yelling at your dining companions. The hostess was pleasant and our waiter was very nice and helpful with making food and drink selections. My only criticism of this restaurant would be the food. Our appetizers and entrées were nicely plated. The texture and temperature of the food was fine, but the flavor could have been pumped up a bit. The food was just okay. Would I return? Sure, but with lower expectations regarding the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.