South City Kitchen Vinings
1675 Cumberland Parkway in One Ivy Walk
Smyrna, GA 30080Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
South City Kitchen Vinings
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fifthgroup.com/
- Phone: 7704350700x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday, 10am-3pm (brunch); 5-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chip Ulbrich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: South City Kitchen Vinings is owned by Fifth Group Restaurants which also owns Bold American Events. For more information on catering, please visit http://boldamerican.com.
A word from South City Kitchen Vinings
With elements of South City Kitchen Midtown and some features unique to this location, South City Kitchen Vinings brings a combination of energy and comfortable metropolitan sophistication to a new neighborhood. Traditional, fresh ingredients prepared in an open exhibition kitchen are used to create our version of contemporary Southern cuisine. The restaurant features an oversized bar with communal tables and cozy booths as well as a dining room lined with French doors that open to a spacious outdoor patio. This is the perfect spot for families and friends to enjoy dinner, Sunday brunch or a quick bite at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
South City Kitchen Vinings - Best Restaurants in Vinings ›
South City Kitchen Vinings reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (129)fit for foodies (111)special occasion (100)good for groups (82)romantic (51)great for brunch (48)notable wine list (46)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (27)great for lunch (26)great for outdoor dining (25)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (11)scenic view (5)Show More
- Was so soDineladyDined on 8/10/2014I usually rave about this location. I wasn't really impressed this time around. The host was gracious and we were seated promptly (had a reservation). The food was good but lukewarm. I almost felt rushed and we were barely there a hour. I would go back but would definitely voice my displeasure.Special Features:
- Had Great VisitHappyCamperDined on 8/9/2014Went to dinner after show at Cobb Energy Centre. Had reservation no wait time. Waiter was excellent and the food was terrific too. Purchased bottle of wine that our waiter suggested for us. Food was delivered quickly. Bathroom was clean. Would highly recommend this restaurant to others. Love open kitchen look too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I decided to go here for our first date in years and it was all we thought it should be and more!!!Special Features:
- Night out30somethingFoodyDined on 8/9/2014This was our second visit to South City Kitchen. We went out for a birthday. We made a reservation online. The food was great, the atmosphere was a good balance of vinnings home and Mid town. I would recomend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible findJoyJoyDined on 8/9/2014I'm very happy my sister found this place on the Cobb Energy Center website as a suggested place to dine. The service, food and atmosphere was great. She ordered their fried chicken. I had the catfish. They were bothe excellent. We are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seasonal Menus are the BestATLfoodieDined on 8/8/2014South City Kitchen Vinings is one of our go-to restaurants because they never disappoint. Their seasonal menus ensure that we never get bored with the menu choices. Lately we migrate more to the bar to dine than sitting at a table. The bartenders are, especially Charlie, are very attentive, professional, and entertaining. Definitely a MUST try!!Special Features:
- No Muss No FussPanhandleDined on 8/8/2014We actually had a reservation next door at Muss & Turner's. When we showed up they were having serious issues with their AC which they offered no apology for nor would try to find us a cooler spot to sit as we were also close to the kitchen and an outside door they kept opening. They were non responsive. We jumped on the open Table ap left and made a reservation for 30 mins later next door at South City Kitchen. South City Kitchen was awesome and We'll be going back there a lot. Thanks to Muss & Turners for helping us find a great restaurant with attentive responsive personnel who serve increadable food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with supplierBusinessDiningPerfectionDined on 8/7/2014South City Kitchen was the PERFECT dining experience for our dinner meeting with our supplier. I requested a quiet table so we could discuss business and our table was perfect. The service is some of the best I've experienced! The waiter was there when we needed him and not when we didn't want to be disturbed....without having to ask! The food and beverage choices covered all the palates and diet preferences. We will use South City Kitchen for our next supplier meeting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Disappointing Surprises, Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/3/2014South City Kitchen- Vinings is consistently delicious! Love this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CeeKayDined on 8/3/2014Wonderful brunch experience! Our server was SUPERB!! Food cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Walked in...sat us down. Our service was fantastic and food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal despite wrong orderbrownangel918VIPDined on 8/2/2014This was our first time at the Vinings location having dined at SCK Midtown for years. The service was friendly and attentive and the ambiance was comfortable and appropriate for an early Saturday evening. The wine selection was great...I had a nice, crisp sauvignon blanc. However, our server got my entree wrong and since we had tickets to a nearby show that was starting soon, I didn't have time to have the kitchen correct the error. Don't get me wrong...the meal that was brought out (flat iron steak) was great. Just wish I was able to taste the redfish special that I originally ordered :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smyrna gemAugieDined on 8/2/2014Great individual and friendly service, great food as always. Catfish was especially tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!SaussyDined on 7/31/2014Always enjoy the food! Would definitely encourage others to dine here.Special Features:
- Delivered the goods !CharliedDined on 7/29/2014Enjoyable airy atmosphere. Excellent menu selections with a true southern flair. Be sure to check out the specials, usually quite good. Service was terrific and he servers were pleasant and knowledgeable, a rare thing these days. Thought a bit noisy but not a big deal. Like the idea of an open kitchen (nothing to hide). Ha e been to the downtown location and him the food maybe a slight notch above then here. Go Enjoy, fairly priced.Special Features:
- Great First DateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014I took my best friend and a couple others there for dinner and we had a grand time. Our waitress was wonderful, very knowledgeable and attentive. It wasn't too expensive and the ambiance was great.Special Features:
- Always GreatChrisDined on 7/26/2014Our "go to" place in the Atlanta area. Always good.Special Features:
- Good food, too loudWoodyDined on 7/25/2014Much, much too loud. Everyone in our party enjoyed the food, but I won't go back because I don't enjoy eating in a room full of people who are yelling at the top of their lungs.
- ExcellentPSUIthacaDined on 7/24/2014South City Kitchen is a great place for a good time. The chef does a wonderful job of cooking up some southern favorites with modern twists.Special Features:
- Great Svc - Food Hit & MissNolepalVIPDined on 7/23/2014Service was very good (Jimmie was our server). Friendly & helpful w/menu items. Jon (mgr) was accommodating & friendly as well. We were not thrilled w/the trout (not seasoned at all) & quail (not seasoned either & gamey tasting-have had better). My mom likes bland food and even she thought the trout and quail were flavorless. The succotash and the pineapple upside down cake were good. We will definitely try again it again to try some of the other dishes. We want to try some of the other restaurants in this mgmt. group we well. We were told that La Tavola was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic and DeliciousTanyacDined on 7/22/2014This was my first time going to the SCK in Vinings. The experience was on par to my previous experiences at the midtown location. The menu is slightly different but all the usual favs (fried chicken, ceasar salad, shrimp and grits, etc) are there. The food was fantastic, the atmosphere was fun but professional, our server was very attentive and the manager even came by to introduce himself and welcome us to the neighborhood. Overall, great experience. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- The food was just okay.diningcoworkersDined on 7/21/2014I dined at SCK on a Monday night, so we were seated immediately. The ambiance was nice, good for casual dining or maybe a date. The noise level was conducive for holding a conversation without yelling at your dining companions. The hostess was pleasant and our waiter was very nice and helpful with making food and drink selections. My only criticism of this restaurant would be the food. Our appetizers and entrées were nicely plated. The texture and temperature of the food was fine, but the flavor could have been pumped up a bit. The food was just okay. Would I return? Sure, but with lower expectations regarding the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite SpotRumis1Dined on 7/20/2014We absolutely love their Sunday Brunch! Soul Food with Flare!Special Features:
- South City Vinings is Very NiceslowDined on 7/19/2014Nice everything, reservations suggested and they won't seat you without a full party. The caesar dressing is great. I didn't get a chance to try a cocktail because I was the DD, but I would like to go back to try the lemonade/iced tea/alcohol concoction.Special Features:
- Food was great as alwaysjenwDined on 7/12/2014We love having SCK in Smyrna. Definitely the best place to go for good food, service, and ambience. My tile fish was delicious and the rainbow carrots with butter beans were amazing.Special Features:
- Best fried chicken ever!kattmayDined on 7/12/2014Our party of 7 had a lovely meal. The fried chicken was crispy outside and moist inside -- perfect! Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014The food was good but slow coming. Service was fair, but not sure if it was the waiter or a slow kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerwannabegourmetDined on 7/11/2014If you're looking for a consistently great meal, impeccable service, and just an all around great dining experience, South City is hard to beat. Have been for both just casual meals and most recently, an anniversary and the food is always just plain great Southern food, but prepared with the perfect gourmet touch to make it special.Special Features:
- Great group dinner hereMCollinsVIPDined on 7/10/2014Had a party of nine. We were put into a semi-private room without being asked. Had two small children with us who were more than satisfied with the children's menu. Staff was excellent. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/9/2014Fried Gouda Fritters appetiser placed on a honey plate were nice, the she crab soup needed some sherry and not as good as in Charleston. The Jambalaya was mild and not up to Louisiana standards. The fried chicken was okay split in half and in a heavy buttermilk crust, along side some under inspiring collards. The cornbread and biscuits served before the meal were very good.
- Just as good as we rememberedfoodisloveVIPDined on 7/5/2014We hadn't been to SCK for some time but it's just as good as we remembered! It's always a treat to come in for a meal as The Fifth Group catered our wedding and it provides some nostalgia. If it's your first time I highly recommend the Gouda fritters and Fried Green Tomatoes! The only thing lacking this time was the server made our group feel a bit rushed...a little too eager to clear the table after each course. We highly recommend enjoying an evening out at South City!Special Features:
- SublimeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014This was our first visit. We will definitely return. From the moment we were seated (we did have reservations) until we dragged our satiated bodies out the door-not a single beat was missed. Jason, our server, was polite and knowledgeable. He made great suggestions and explained the menu. We were 4 in our party. We shared the goat cheese fritters, the pimento cheese and the fried green tomatoes to start. The guys had jambalaya, my mother in law had the shrimp and grits and I had the catfish. We each marveled at our food. The beer and wine selections were ample. Alas, no room for dessert. Next time....Special Features:
- Great Food!DMoeDined on 7/3/2014The fried chicken was the best I ever tasted. I will definitely go back and try it for brunch. So many good choices of wine and desserts as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!PEteacherDined on 7/3/2014This was our first time at the South City Kitchen. We visited with some out of town friends. Food was very tasty...unusual seasoning combinations that worked together perfectly. Our server, Jimmy, was very warm and knowledgeable. He definitely knows the wine list. We never wanted for anything. His professionalism and passion showed. We plan to return again with other friends.Special Features:
- Great food!kwicDined on 6/29/2014Loved the fried chicken and the pork. Nice wine list. A lovely place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent servicechellandandyDined on 6/27/2014The food was delicious and the service was outstanding! Highly reccomend!Special Features:
- Just ok...AtlGuyDined on 6/24/2014We were very excited to try South City. Finally decided to go and enjoy an evening there. Started off well! Servers were great! Very attentive and knowledgable. Appetizers were ok but bland. Finally got main courses only to find them extremely bland as well. I ordered the jambalaya and she ordered their "famous" fried chicken. Drinks were great and selection of wine was excellent. Just don't plan to be wowed by the food.Special Features:
- Very Nice DinneratlantadinerVIPDined on 6/24/2014Dinner was very good. The only drawback was there was a table of screaming children next to us. Otherwise a very good dinner.
- Just okNikitaDined on 6/24/2014Not very happy with the food. Good wine though. Good service.Special Features:
- Disappointedsln4foodDined on 6/22/2014I expected a wonderful dining experience when I had brunch there last Sun. However, it wasn't. The food was only fair to good, the waiter annoyingly talked behind my shoulder (there was space not to), and the noise level was very loud. The person I was dining with thought the food was disappointing as well. My fried chicken was so dry I thought it was a left-over from the previous Sun. There was one outstanding taste experience though: the ice cream on the bread pudding was unbelievably good. Overall: mediocre.