9188 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ming-court.com/
- Phone: 4073519988
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Au Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Serving the Central Florida area with indoor and outdoor catering for special events, parties, receptions, weddings and other types of affairs and gatherings; casual to elegant.
A word from Ming Court
Ming Court has been serving the area’s finest Oriental cuisine for over 20 years. The extensive menu features authentic Dim Sum, fine Sushi, and a vast selection of innovative Wok & Char-Grill dishes, from the finest seafood and steaks, to the most popular Chinese dishes and even traditional family style cuisine. Ming Court is located within walking distance to the Orange County Convention Center and is surrounded by a beautiful Koi pond and gardens. The recipient of over twenty dining awards, the restaurant also has a variety of private dining rooms; from 20 to 400 guests for a banquet and 60 to 600 guests for a reception. Ming Court is mostly about really great food, or as the locals like to say, it’s the reason chopsticks were invented!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ming Court reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (33)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (25)kid-friendly (20)great for lunch (19)scenic view (17)neighborhood gem (12)great for brunch (12)romantic (12)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Highly recommendedJusfrusDined on 4/26/2014I have lived in Orlando for many years and yet never visited Ming Court. I think I was expecting some touristy Chinese restaurant so I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of food, the presentation, the surroundings and the attentive staff. All in all a very pleasant evening and I will. Ensure to return.Special Features:
- Great Ambience and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2014The decor at Ming Court is very nice, if not a bit over the top in some ways. The service was prompt and attentive. Ming Court offers authentic Chinese food, American-nese food, and sushi. My party opted for the surrounding Chinese food. We had an appetizer platter, soup, and five or six dishes to share. Everything was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FriendlyAngelaDined on 4/20/2014Very nice restaurant with a pond and large carp swimming around. Kids enjoyed the view and very close to hotels. Food was very good and we shared the dishes family style. Highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for Chinese food in Orlando.Special Features:
- Little piece of ChinaRelaxedkjDined on 4/20/2014Love the restaurant. Food is good, and I like to relax and forget I'm in the heart of Orlando. It has wall to wall windows that look out on to private patio with a koi pond, and they have live entertainment playing chinese instruments. Very relaxing!!Special Features:
- Authentic food and ambienceChitownFoodieDined on 4/19/2014The food and service were great. The decor was on point with Chinese culture. Live, cultural music was a huge plus as were the koi ponds. It's a bit strange seeing Japanese food on the menu, but it's understandable since they are located on I-drive, in a heavily touristy area.Special Features:
- Special OccassionAncoraImparo2Dined on 4/12/2014A family reunion in Orlando was highlighted by personal service with the chef catering to our group. The cuisine was authentic, the service exemplary, and the atmosphere traditional. I look forward to returning on my next conference at the Orlando Convention Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert lessTripletmomDined on 4/11/2014We reserved a table thru open table and got to the restaurant and had to wait. Then we waited awhile until a waiter decided to come over. We asked for tea ( which in all other Chinese restaurants is complimentary ). Not here. $1.50 a person and it wasn't even drinkable. One tea bag for a pot of tea. Terrible. Food was good but had to pay extra for fried rice. We finished dinner got our check and were never offered dessert. Everyone around us were presented with a beautiful dessert tray. Not us. To say the least...not impressed.Special Features:
- This was a wonderful restaurant,MaryannDined on 4/10/2014This was a wonderful restaurant, whose waitress even entertained my screaming toddler and calmed her down while providing excellent service to our group. The food was amazing. Even though the exterior was a bit thematic/kitschy, it was spacious and clean on the inside. The music provided that evening sounded ilke a recording but was--in fact--live. If I ever end up back in the Orlando area, I would definitely eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food with live Chinese music!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/10/2014Upon the suggestion of a friend from Boca Raton who enjoyed a tofu dish at Ming Court, we tried the restaurant for dinner while in Orlando for a conference. We were pleasantly surprised by the ehru & zheng musicians providing lovely ambiance along with the well-prepared Chinese food. The eggplant with garlic sauce and golden calamari appetizers and delicious scallop sizzling platter were a perfect light dinner for my husband and me. We did not have time to return another day for dim sum but would have if we could have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableCadiDined on 4/10/2014Searching for a good Asian resturant and we found this on your site. It was all that, from the Koi pond to the wonderful live authentic music. Service was excellent, wonderful food, great atmosphere and superb drinks. Plenty of help to make your experience an enjoyable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014We ordered Scallion Pancake, Peking Duck, Ma Pa Tofu and Salt/Spicy Shrimp/Scallop/Calamari Combination. The portions were small, food was not flavorful and pancakes were greasy. The ambience was nice and our server was very friendly.
- great Asian restaurantraider2raiderDined on 3/28/2014Entrance is fantastic - feed the koi- ambiance was terrific - waiters were excellent but not overbearing - they were very helpful in helping to select dishes - appetizers were relatively small and quite pricey - our table of four got one of the dishes for four which was excellent - we had the all chicken dish - desserts were delicious - overall would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurantAnnikaDined on 3/11/2014Went on a date with my husband, Ming Court is so pretty inside and out which was the main reason for wanting to try it. The servers were so helpful and courteous, that made the dining experience much better for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlwaysGreatLulu1954Dined on 3/8/2014Been going here for years.. always great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, however...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014Great atmosphere however quality of food and service does not match. Staff is very nice but not prompt with service. Food is ok but certainly not any better or even as good as most any fast food chinese business in a mall. Far to high cost for what you get. Go with low expectations and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Dim SumRaySugarLandDined on 3/1/2014We had a large party and the Dim Sum was great, especially the Baked Pork Buns and Baked Egg Custard, which were freshly made. The Sticky Rice in Lotus Leaf was pretty good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dim sum but slow serviceBeachgirlDined on 2/25/2014The food is awesome with lots to choose from. A definite if you like chinese food and/or want to explore new things. However, the service is pretty slow - I think there was only one waitress for the whole restaurant. Once we placed the order, the food did come out quickly, but getting drinks and ordering took some time. Went here for a business lunch which I am not sure I would recommend this place for. Again, everyone loved the food especially the basil garlic chicken served in a little heated wok pan, but it was embarassing about the slowness. All that said, I can tell you every time I am in orlando I try to go here if only for the shrimp stuffed eggplant and fried tofu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can hearRebelDined on 2/24/2014Highly recommend as a location close to the convention center where you can hear and have a conversation while enjoying an upscale Asian menu in a beautiful setting.Special Features:
- great local diningdtstratosDined on 2/24/2014This was a very nice restaurant for conducting a business lunch meeting. Service was very good and waiter paid close attention to our individual needs, as well as offered great insight into dishes we were unfamiliar with. Great selection of Chinese dishes, as well as amazing looking sushi/sashimi offerings. The only issue was that the Szechuan dish I ordered wasn't spicy at all, which was disappointing. Would highly recommend this local landmark, both for its ambiance and the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than mostAceBVIPDined on 2/19/2014Better than most of the International Drive Resturants. Close to Convention Center and can easily handle large groups. Good good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ResaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/19/2014Every time we go we are not disappointed. The service and atmosphere is great.Special Features:
- Ming Court - very good!cuddlylungDined on 2/15/2014Our waiter was very courteous and attentive. Food came out pretty quick and was delicious! It was really romantic even at 5 PM. If we're in Orlando again, we'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent timehughieDined on 2/14/2014Both the food and ambience were great. The server was excellent and very help full in making it a memorable night.. ThsSpecial Features:
- Our waiter was not attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Our waiter was not attentive. We had to ask several times for drinks. He came back after a break wreaking of cigarette smoke. The shrimp in my shrimp fried rice was tiny frozen shrimp you could buy at Walmart. Our waiter did not ask nor think to split the check, though there were clearly two couples sitting at the table. We have no intention of going back.
- Date at MingzoebfDined on 2/14/2014The place was quite, perfect for a conversation. The food we ordered was really good, except it was too much for two people. The waiter was good except for the fact that he didn't inform us about the Valentine's Day Special after we made our ordersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Valentine's TreatDavidDined on 2/14/2014We were seated by a huge window, overlooking the Koy pound. The service was excellent. The ambience, perfect. We had the Enchanted Dinner which included scallops (tender and made perfectly), Shrimp (scrumpciously coated and served in a sweet sauce), chunks of beef (marinated in a ginger soy sauce and a tad tough), steamed broccoli, and fried rice (with peas, bacon, and egg and quite tasteless) As this was Valentine's Day the restaurant served a heart-shaped cake, frosted and coated with shaved chocolate that was wonderful. The price was reasonable. Overall the experience was very good, though, coming from the Boston area, we're used to Chinese food that has a more flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Chinese RestaurrantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014Every time we go there, the service is always outstanding as well and the food selection and taste. They have a great varied menu, including sushi, sashimi as well as huge selection of chinese dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good for 25 years!JAD648Dined on 2/8/2014I've visited Ming Court multiple times since it first opened in 1989 and I'm happy to say that it's still consistently good. A very nice waiter named Brian took care of us and delivered the customary friendly and knowledgeable service we've come to expect at this restaurant. The roasted duck was crispy on the outside, tender inside and very tasty. We ordered jumbo prawns with honey and cashews for the first time and loved it (obviously, you must like sweet dishes to enjoy this one). Overall, another great meal at Ming Court.Special Features:
- Every time I am in OrlandoLeskraskeyDined on 2/5/2014Every time that I am in Orlando Ming Court is a must visit for me. The food is always great and the staff very good.Special Features:
- GREAT RESTAURANT GREAT FOODFINEDININGFANATICVIPDined on 2/1/2014One of the best Asian restaurants I have been to. There are small plates that you can share as well. The ambiance is nice. Very nice view by the way.Special Features:
- the price is little expensive,juramDined on 1/31/2014the price is little expensive, and theres no family packages menu. the serving is small. not highly recommended.
- ExcellentMikeDined on 1/9/2014The food, service and ambience for everyone in our group was excellent. When I return to the Orlando area, I would return to Ming Court.Special Features:
- foodPJF0Dined on 12/28/2013Good food, maybe a touch on the sweet side. Service was good and friendly. Would be good to see more fishes from Hunan and Szechuan province.Special Features:
- Great Chinese dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/27/2013The service is professional and dishes are interesting and dependable as outstanding. Also beautiful Chinese musicians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not true ChineseSoCalDudeVIPDined on 12/25/2013While many dishes were Chinese, many were a mix of Japanese, Vietnamese with a dash of American. I guess when you are in Orlando you play to a wide audience. Many of the dishes were tasteless and could have used a wok smoked stir. Maybe I'll be surprised next time.Special Features:
- Memorable ExperienceAvtarDined on 12/21/2013We have always dined at this restaurant during our stay- almost every year, in Orlando for the past 20 yrs or so--American College of Surgeons meetings, AAPI meetings or family vacation. Now we have a Condo, to spend our winter. Brought other friends, who also thanked us for introducing this restaurant. These friends have visited again by themselves. Seafood soup was very good--rather outstanding. Reception at the front desk was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A vast array of choicesdlb6494Dined on 12/21/2013Huge menu with many Dim-Sum choices, Chinese specials, and more. Very good food. Live Chinese music while we dined. Asian decor with koi fish pond outside.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/2013We had a wonderful time and we had 2 children at our table and the servers were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dim sum in Central FloridaMrsCVIPDined on 12/18/2013We often stop for lunch but my favorite time is sunset when they turn on the outside lights by the koi pond but you can still see the koi. My favorite tables are beside the windowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best AnywhereNaplesSueDined on 11/27/2013This is our favorite Chinese restaurant anywhere, and one of the reasons we visit Orlando so often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.