Hurricane Restaurant - Kennebunkport
29 Dock Square
Kennebunkport, ME 04046Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hurricane Restaurant - Kennebunkport
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hurricanerestaurant.com/home.html
- Phone: 2079679111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 7 days a week -11:30 am - 3:30 pm
Dinner: 7 days a week - 5 pm to 10:30 pm
Bar Menu served - 11:30 am - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brooks MacDonald
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Hurricane Restaurant - Kennebunkport
Sitting over the Kennebunk River in the Kennebunkport neighborhood of Dock Square. Hurricane Restaurant offers the freshest local seafood,locally grown produce and the finest of prime meats available in the market daily. Our Chef and Pastry Chef write our menus each day based on what is the freshest and finest product. Our wine list offers over 130 plus selections by the bottle with almost 60 available by the glass and has won Wine Spectator awards for over 15 years in a row. Our service is casual with our priorities being complete guest satisfaction. Please join us soon to enjoy our wonderful food and beverages and well as our spectacular water views.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hurricane Restaurant - Kennebunkport reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (79)special occasion (48)fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (37)romantic (33)notable wine list (25)hot spot (22)great for lunch (22)vibrant bar scene (18)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Always a good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2013The service and the food are always outstanding. We have enjoyed all the meals when we have visited. Our grand-daughter who was visiting from California enjoyed the seafood. Oyster night is always a good night. They are offered in many variations.Special Features:
- So lucky to live in the areaGailVIPDined on 10/26/2013We love going to Hurricane's. They have delicious food, an outstanding wine list and the service is spectacular. Seafood, filet mignon, butternut squash ravioli, beautiful salads, and really great soups (not to mention the chocolate hurricane for dessert! All fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice findMichaelDined on 10/25/2013Nice spot in the center of Kennebunkport as it is in walking distance of the center of town. Good food at reasonable price levelsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place...ZimmyVIPDined on 10/24/2013I had the the $50 baked stuffed lobster. Everything was good. Nothing was particularly exceptional. I would recommend the restaurant as a place for respectable seafood prepared in traditional ways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as always.....TogaTasterVIPDined on 10/20/2013Dined at The Hurricane Sunday evening....what a great restaurant!! I chose the seafood stew, which was prepared with scallops, clams, mussels, shrimp and 1/2 a steamed lobster... So o incredibly delicious...the almond pesto always takes this dish over the top!!! My husband had the filet served with whipped potatoes and cartelized brussels sprouts...he's not a fan of those mini cabbages, but there wasn't a one left on his plate...!!! We both truly enjoyed every mouthful of our dinners and can't wait to return!!Special Features:
- great food and superb service.RalphDined on 10/19/2013great food and superb service. Best restaurant that we found in Kennebunkport!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- community suppersbrandyDined on 10/15/2013Beginning last year we have attended several of the community suppers. The 3 entrees they offer for special pricing are great ! Service is prompt and friendly! Our family buys gift certificates for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. so we can enjoy the community suppers through the off peak season. Love looking out over the river watching kayakers and sunset!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Hurricane'sGailVIPDined on 9/28/2013And don't get there enough. Professional staff, delicious food and beautiful scenery make this a fantastic spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will return year after year!LeeLeeDined on 9/7/2013The Hurricane Restaurant in the heart of downtown Kennebunkport, ME is a place you will revisit summer after summer. Visit just before sunset and wait for a window table. Enjoy the sunset over the marsh along with one of their signature martinis. I recommend the Safflower Martini made with Blue Bombay Sapphire Gin, St Germaine Liquor and a splash of white cranberry juice and a twist of lemon... Ahhh... "Summer in a glass". The lobster chowder is AMAZING and the Caesar Salad, with half a lobster, is a must have. Enjoy this restaurants romantic atmosphere with the one you love or bring along friends for a fabuous evening! This is the one of the top restaurants of the area!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huuricanes continues to beTonyPVIPDined on 9/7/2013Huuricanes continues to be a great dining experience. It is fine for small parties of not more than 4, otherwise it gets a bit crowded. We were dining early which enabled us to enjoy the Price Fox menu. A great 3 course meal for $30 / person. Started with a simple Cesar's salad, then Salmon entree, and then desert (4 scoops of flavored Ice Creams). The exterior walls face the Kennebunk River, giving a great outdoor view while you dine. The location is in the heart of the Dock Square area of Kennebunkport, so you can spend some time walking around the shops either before, or to walk off some of the dinner afterwards. The regular menu is great too, as we have dined here many times before.Special Features:
- Fantastic!MC1973Dined on 9/1/2013Great experience, all-around. Perfect waterside setting, quick and friendly service, great wine list, and the oysters, and dinners were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aurea MediocritasOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2013As a tourist in Kennebunkport, you can always get decent, comfort food. From brinks to appetizers and main courses it is average quality; do not expect inspiration or innovation. Service is haphazard; Despite the potential of being located on the water's edge, it is not exploited with a dungeons' feeling.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good...Bx2BostonVIPDined on 8/25/2013We have eaten many of time at Hurricane's in K'Port. It is the quintessential New England/Maine/Kennebunkport experience. Typical lobster and other seaford dishes one would come to expect in K'Port...as well as other meat, pasta and other offerings. While never disappointed and perfectly adequate, I also am never WOW'ed by the experience. The location is great, the wait staff is very informative and responsive...and the ambience is excellent...but the food is just 'good' to 'fair'. It is not the first place we think about eating when we are in the area...which is a lot...so, while it will not disappoint, I also think it does not inspire the real 'foodie'.Special Features:
- Best in KennebunkportOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2013Always an enjoyable dining experience...excellent food choices, great wait staff, overall...wonderful!Special Features:
- R&R HurricanearlingtongirlVIPDined on 8/22/2013Thouroughly enjoyed dinner with the family at Hurricane Restaurant. Something for everyone including one picky teenager. The lobster corn chowder was fantastic. My son had the chicken satay app which easily work as a dinner....presentation was beautiful! Hurricane style shrimp scampi always a treat and met expectations once again. Would not vacation in Kennebunkport without a visit or two to Hurricane's.rSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food and a great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2013The restaurant has a great location overlooking the river. The Mediterranean seafood stew was very flavorful and a generous portion. My husband had the beef tenderloin and it was cooked perfectly with a delicious smashed potato side. Sit by the windows if you can for a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great visit.MandCNDined on 8/16/2013We have dined at Hurricane many times and this experience was right in line with all of our previous visits. You can always expect between a 4 and 5 star experience. This time the food was excellent (as expected) but the desserts were off the hook. Just outstanding in every way. If you're in the Kennebunks and are looking for a place that's great for couples or small groups then this is the stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXcellent Maine dining!foodie1VIPDined on 8/15/2013the lobster stew is a memorable meal all by itself!Special Features:
- Dinner at Hurricane RestKennebunkp.Ped42Dined on 8/12/2013Beautiful setting on the Kennebunk River in Kennebunkport. Excellent wine list and service. Most food preparation was excellent except vegetables. The green beans were barley blanched or literally raw. This spoiled what was otherwise a well prepare dish scallops and shrimp. Without this serious error food would be close to 5 stars.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant with Local FlavorDinnerOutVIPDined on 8/9/2013We love the Hurricane restaurant. Excellent seafood, great bar and terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Food, Cold ServiceCos4Dined on 8/3/2013The food is always great. Limited menu, but always something for everyone. The service on this visit was lacking. This is the issue here, sometime you have great service other times it seems not. On this night it took two plus hours to have appetizer, two beverages and an entree. Waited on average fifteen minutes for drinks to arrive after they were ordered each time. Waitress never checked on us except to take orders. If you are willing to gamble on service, the food is well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun in KennebunkportOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2013First of all, our server was delightful. Everything was explained and handled with a smile. We were all laughing when she described the oysters, especially the chubby puppies, which were fresh and delicious. The lobster bisque was a meal in itself, rich and velvety. Some nice touches were the olive oil bottle on the table, the hot bread, the drinks served on crushed ice and the view. Overall it was a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy Hurricane.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2013We always enjoy Hurricane. The food is excellent and lithe service friendly and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SuperbLocalResidentVIPDined on 7/27/2013We are from town and thus able to enjoy Hurricane's on a regular basis. It is consistently excellent...wonderful food, the kitchen is accommodative to dietary needs, the staff is knowledgeable, attentive and courteous. In a word: GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding menu and wine listLenEatsDined on 7/26/2013The Hurricane offers an outstanding menu of interesting options, an impressive wine list and a beautiful view. My wife and I found this to be our best dining experience in Kennebunkport.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster chowder was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2013We had a really nice time at Hurricane. Great view, window table. Service was very good, food great. Lobster chowder awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/20/2013We were there for lunch on a summer Saturday. We had made reservations and were seated right away. Service was attentive. But as the restaurant filled there was a considerable wait between appetizers and entree. Clam appetizer was great as was the lobster chowder. Turkey BLT and crab and havarti sandwich were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok place since there is veryilikeoystersVIPDined on 7/19/2013Ok place since there is very little else in the area...busy place that just turns tables in a touristy small town..most uneventful..and they need air conditioning on warm days as it was way too hot and muggy
- We had our anniversary hereDaveWDined on 7/18/2013We had our anniversary here and the staff stepped up to provide a nice table and good service. The food was very good.Special Features:
- DisappointedtimmytVIPDined on 7/14/2013Made a 6:30pm reservation and called restaurant to inform them I would 15 minutes late. Show up 15 minutes late and was told table was not ready but people were getting dessert. Waited 20 minutes and then got seated at worst table in restaurant as sun was piercing right in my face. Waited more than 30-45 minutes for main course after eating salad. Adding insult to injury, ended up waiting more than 15 minutes for espresso. Waitress was pleasant but couldn't overcome kitchen delays and never came by to let us know food would be on the way or apologize for delays. More than 2 hours start to finish. Seafood stew was delicious but 2 hours in a restaurant with no apologies or explanation is just not appreciated.
- Beautiful views and great food40ishrunnerDined on 7/13/2013We tried Hurricane on the recommendation of our innkeeper. We were not disappointed. The pan seared halibut was divine as was the tenderloin. The menu is extensive enough to please anyone's palate and the views make you feel as if you are outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceNapaDined on 7/13/2013This is our second visit as we are summer people only. Your wait staff made this a lovely experience for us and our guests. She was delightful and very efficient. We did wait for our food a little longer than expected, but it was well worth the wait. I would certainly recommend the restaurant and tell them that it was a very, very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A destination restaurantilikefoodVIPDined on 7/10/2013Every year we spend a few days in Kennebunkport. It has been our go to getaway for over 30 years. About 10 years ago we discovered the Hurricane Restaurant in Dock Square and have enjoyed many meals there ever since. The quality and preparation of food is unsurpassed. Service is impeccable.I started off with the fresh wedge salad of iceberg lettuce and sunburst tomatoes, which was a flavored with a creamy bleu cheese dressing and delicious smoked bacon. It was followed by a roasted statler chicken entree accompanied with an orzo-pecorino mac & cheese. The chicken was succulent, juicy and so flavorful and the mac & cheese was like a risotto. I should also mention that their fresh baked warm bread and olive oil could be a meal in it self.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerdelidonDined on 7/7/2013Had the Baked Stuffed Lobster, Was to die for, My Wife had the Statler Chicken was great also.Special Features:
- Dining at the Hurricane . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2013We used Open Table to book our Saturday nite reservation. Upon arriving we asked if we could dine in the Bar Area. after a short wait we were seated and proceeded to enjoy a great Filet & Lobster dinner! Service was good, the drinks were good, the food was great! If there was a negative it was that the Air Conditioners could not keep up with the heat wave outside and the temperature inside was a bit uncomfortable. The other thing is that when we moved into the Bar the restaurant "cancelled" our Open Table reservation so no credit would be given.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dined at HurricaneKBBfanDined on 7/6/2013We have dined at Hurricane several times. Always top notch. It is a small dining room so a little close when there's a crowd. A best bet in KBPT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerFoodieVIPDined on 7/4/2013We have eaten here a number of times over the last few years. The food and service are consistently top notch. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not greatFoodie2VIPDined on 7/4/2013The food here was ok but overpriced for what it was. There was nothing exceptional about the food or the wine list and yet the prices were high. Yes, it's K'port but still...go down the road to Goose Rocks and spend the money at Earth and then you'll find value for the money you pay. Or go to Pedros and have a great, fun mmeal for less. There just wasn't anything that set this place apart.
- Beautiful view & lobsterSOMBILIDined on 7/4/2013The restaurant has a beautiful view over the river and is perfectly located off the center of Kennebunkport. The service is outstanding and the lobster was fabulous; my wife had a lobster Cobb salad unlike any other, perfect combination of flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious--especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2013The food was delicious--especially the baked stuffed lobster. The entire staff was very friendly, and found us a table with a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.