Hurricane Restaurant - Kennebunkport
29 Dock Square
Kennebunkport, ME 04046Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Hurricane Restaurant - Kennebunkport
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hurricanerestaurant.com/home.html
- Phone: 2079679111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 7 days a week -11:30 am - 3:30 pm
Dinner: 7 days a week - 5 pm to 10:30 pm
Bar Menu served - 11:30 am - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brooks MacDonald
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Hurricane Restaurant - Kennebunkport
Sitting over the Kennebunk River in the Kennebunkport neighborhood of Dock Square. Hurricane Restaurant offers the freshest local seafood,locally grown produce and the finest of prime meats available in the market daily. Our Chef and Pastry Chef write our menus each day based on what is the freshest and finest product. Our wine list offers over 130 plus selections by the bottle with almost 60 available by the glass and has won Wine Spectator awards for over 15 years in a row. Our service is casual with our priorities being complete guest satisfaction. Please join us soon to enjoy our wonderful food and beverages and well as our spectacular water views.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hurricane Restaurant - Kennebunkport reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (66)fit for foodies (40)special occasion (39)neighborhood gem (33)romantic (24)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (18)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (12)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- EXcellent Maine dining!foodie1VIPDined on 8/15/2013the lobster stew is a memorable meal all by itself!Special Features:
- Dinner at Hurricane RestKennebunkp.Ped42Dined on 8/12/2013Beautiful setting on the Kennebunk River in Kennebunkport. Excellent wine list and service. Most food preparation was excellent except vegetables. The green beans were barley blanched or literally raw. This spoiled what was otherwise a well prepare dish scallops and shrimp. Without this serious error food would be close to 5 stars.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant with Local FlavorDinnerOutDined on 8/9/2013We love the Hurricane restaurant. Excellent seafood, great bar and terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Food, Cold ServiceCos4Dined on 8/3/2013The food is always great. Limited menu, but always something for everyone. The service on this visit was lacking. This is the issue here, sometime you have great service other times it seems not. On this night it took two plus hours to have appetizer, two beverages and an entree. Waited on average fifteen minutes for drinks to arrive after they were ordered each time. Waitress never checked on us except to take orders. If you are willing to gamble on service, the food is well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun in KennebunkportOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2013First of all, our server was delightful. Everything was explained and handled with a smile. We were all laughing when she described the oysters, especially the chubby puppies, which were fresh and delicious. The lobster bisque was a meal in itself, rich and velvety. Some nice touches were the olive oil bottle on the table, the hot bread, the drinks served on crushed ice and the view. Overall it was a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy Hurricane.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2013We always enjoy Hurricane. The food is excellent and lithe service friendly and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SuperbLocalResidentVIPDined on 7/27/2013We are from town and thus able to enjoy Hurricane's on a regular basis. It is consistently excellent...wonderful food, the kitchen is accommodative to dietary needs, the staff is knowledgeable, attentive and courteous. In a word: GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding menu and wine listLenEatsDined on 7/26/2013The Hurricane offers an outstanding menu of interesting options, an impressive wine list and a beautiful view. My wife and I found this to be our best dining experience in Kennebunkport.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster chowder was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2013We had a really nice time at Hurricane. Great view, window table. Service was very good, food great. Lobster chowder awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/20/2013We were there for lunch on a summer Saturday. We had made reservations and were seated right away. Service was attentive. But as the restaurant filled there was a considerable wait between appetizers and entree. Clam appetizer was great as was the lobster chowder. Turkey BLT and crab and havarti sandwich were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok place since there is veryilikeoystersDined on 7/19/2013Ok place since there is very little else in the area...busy place that just turns tables in a touristy small town..most uneventful..and they need air conditioning on warm days as it was way too hot and muggy
- We had our anniversary hereDaveWDined on 7/18/2013We had our anniversary here and the staff stepped up to provide a nice table and good service. The food was very good.Special Features:
- DisappointedtimmytVIPDined on 7/14/2013Made a 6:30pm reservation and called restaurant to inform them I would 15 minutes late. Show up 15 minutes late and was told table was not ready but people were getting dessert. Waited 20 minutes and then got seated at worst table in restaurant as sun was piercing right in my face. Waited more than 30-45 minutes for main course after eating salad. Adding insult to injury, ended up waiting more than 15 minutes for espresso. Waitress was pleasant but couldn't overcome kitchen delays and never came by to let us know food would be on the way or apologize for delays. More than 2 hours start to finish. Seafood stew was delicious but 2 hours in a restaurant with no apologies or explanation is just not appreciated.
- Beautiful views and great food40ishrunnerDined on 7/13/2013We tried Hurricane on the recommendation of our innkeeper. We were not disappointed. The pan seared halibut was divine as was the tenderloin. The menu is extensive enough to please anyone's palate and the views make you feel as if you are outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceNapaDined on 7/13/2013This is our second visit as we are summer people only. Your wait staff made this a lovely experience for us and our guests. She was delightful and very efficient. We did wait for our food a little longer than expected, but it was well worth the wait. I would certainly recommend the restaurant and tell them that it was a very, very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A destination restaurantilikefoodVIPDined on 7/10/2013Every year we spend a few days in Kennebunkport. It has been our go to getaway for over 30 years. About 10 years ago we discovered the Hurricane Restaurant in Dock Square and have enjoyed many meals there ever since. The quality and preparation of food is unsurpassed. Service is impeccable.I started off with the fresh wedge salad of iceberg lettuce and sunburst tomatoes, which was a flavored with a creamy bleu cheese dressing and delicious smoked bacon. It was followed by a roasted statler chicken entree accompanied with an orzo-pecorino mac & cheese. The chicken was succulent, juicy and so flavorful and the mac & cheese was like a risotto. I should also mention that their fresh baked warm bread and olive oil could be a meal in it self.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerdelidonDined on 7/7/2013Had the Baked Stuffed Lobster, Was to die for, My Wife had the Statler Chicken was great also.Special Features:
- Dining at the Hurricane . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2013We used Open Table to book our Saturday nite reservation. Upon arriving we asked if we could dine in the Bar Area. after a short wait we were seated and proceeded to enjoy a great Filet & Lobster dinner! Service was good, the drinks were good, the food was great! If there was a negative it was that the Air Conditioners could not keep up with the heat wave outside and the temperature inside was a bit uncomfortable. The other thing is that when we moved into the Bar the restaurant "cancelled" our Open Table reservation so no credit would be given.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dined at HurricaneKBBfanDined on 7/6/2013We have dined at Hurricane several times. Always top notch. It is a small dining room so a little close when there's a crowd. A best bet in KBPT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerFoodieVIPDined on 7/4/2013We have eaten here a number of times over the last few years. The food and service are consistently top notch. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not greatFoodie2VIPDined on 7/4/2013The food here was ok but overpriced for what it was. There was nothing exceptional about the food or the wine list and yet the prices were high. Yes, it's K'port but still...go down the road to Goose Rocks and spend the money at Earth and then you'll find value for the money you pay. Or go to Pedros and have a great, fun mmeal for less. There just wasn't anything that set this place apart.
- Beautiful view & lobsterSOMBILIDined on 7/4/2013The restaurant has a beautiful view over the river and is perfectly located off the center of Kennebunkport. The service is outstanding and the lobster was fabulous; my wife had a lobster Cobb salad unlike any other, perfect combination of flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious--especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2013The food was delicious--especially the baked stuffed lobster. The entire staff was very friendly, and found us a table with a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotlovefoodVIPDined on 6/29/2013Good food. Charming location. Service was quite slow although, in fairness to our waitress, she had a big table to take care of as well.
- Always a pleasure to return to!EllenDined on 6/29/2013We make a point of reserving at the Hurricane every visit to Kennebunkport as we have never been disappointed.The Mediterranean Seafood Stew is a favourite and the view of the sun setting over the harbour is unbeatable. We will be back next trip as our experience was once again ideal.Special Features:
- Great Meal and outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2013We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and this restaurant was recommended to us. We were not disappointed! Everthing about the restaurant was wonderful, starting with the food. Our waitress was outstanding. The only problem was a group of very noisy people at the table next to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good my chicken wasbellaDined on 6/22/2013Food was good my chicken was a little dry but did have great flavor we had to wait for our drinks as the bar was very backed up I would recommend adding to staff service our server was very busy therefore service was slow had to find someone to refill our water glasses.Would not recommend coming here for a romantic special occasion!Special Features:
- very enjoyable experience.gordonDined on 6/11/2013very enjoyable experience. casual, relaxing atmosphere. good foof selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notch chef without the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2013Food is awesome! Service horrible. Could tell other servers attentive with nearby guests, but ours just wanted to go home. It was our first night of our honeymoon and the information had been relayed but was never acknowledged. Very Dissapointing.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2013What a great restaurant! The food and service was excellent. Unfortunately, our 2 family members couldn't join us and had to cancel at the last minute - Restaurant staff were very understanding and let us keep our window table - thoroughly enjoyed our meal; baked lobster was out of this world and the beef tenderloin melted in your mouth; this was our second visit and we can't wait to come again!Special Features:
- Upscale in a quaint townHowFeinVIPDined on 5/24/2013Great food great service, presented well, we'll worth. The prices for location, food, etc. will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently DeliciousLocalResidentVIPDined on 5/21/2013This was the last night foe the public suppers and the place was booming! Food, as usual, was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently SuperbLocalResidentVIPDined on 5/18/2013We have said it before and say it again...excellent food, well prepared, great service. We live in Kennebunk and have made this a regular spot for us. Try the chicken satay for a starter; the salads are great esp. the Caesar. I do not eat red meat so I enjoy the sea food dishes which are always excellent; my wife is a meat eater and swears that their burgers are THE best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location - great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013The restaurant is in Dock Square, with the dining room overlooking the Kennebunk River basin. Service was friendly and attentive without being overbearing. The special Mothers' Day menu was excellent and varied, and included a salmon dish with a grilled lobster tail, cioppino, and tempura fried spicy tuna rolls. Everything was prepared to perfection; a thoroughly enjoyable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are so lucky to have suchGailVIPDined on 4/27/2013We are so lucky to have such a great restaurant so close to home. A fantastic wine list, oysters and a great menu keeps us coming back.Special Features:
- Very good dinners but a bit rushedsteveaDined on 4/26/2013Overall the dinner that my wife and I had at Hurricane's was very good. For appetizers, my wife had a small house salad and I had an iceberg wedge. Both, while not outstanding, were very good. For our entrees, my wife had grilled shrimp over noodles topped with a delicious bulb of roasted garlic. I had a grilled seafood medley of grilled shrimp and swordfish. Both of our meals were very good. The only downside was that we felt a bit rushed by our waitress. Drinks, appetizers and entrees seemed to come in rapid succession. The adjacent table, which was being waited on by a different waitress brought the couple their main courses within only a few minutes after they got the chowder appetizers.Special Features:
- the service staff was notOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013the service staff was not on their mark....example, served me first, then my date , always thought you served the lady first. had to request more water, did not clear dishes from table before bringing the next course.Special Features:
- We had a terrific view ofOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/14/2013We had a terrific view of the water and sunset while enjoying a delicious meal that had beautiful presentation as well. Portions are very generous and the staff knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:
- First time I've been there.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/14/2013First time I've been there. The food was very good, our waitress was really attentive. We came for a birthday celebration and got just what we wanted. A special evening. I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful EasterSANDYDined on 3/31/2013We had a wonderful Easter Brunch there. I would return everyweek if we lived closer. Food was exquisite and service the best! Much better than Fore Street in PortlandSpecial Features: