50 East Main Street
Westborough, MA 01581Neighborhood:
KoreanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sapporobbq.com/
- Phone: 5088981880
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:30pm, Friday and Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Korean, Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Sapporo Restaurant
Specializing in the authentic Korean cuisine, including Korean barbecue at your own table side grill. Sapporo also offers a wide range of Japanese dishes as well as the freshest and most creative sushi around.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sapporo Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Westborough ›
Sapporo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (13)special occasion (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)romantic (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Very good sushi. Took awhileMrTiggerGolfVIPDined on 3/9/2013Very good sushi. Took awhile to get the food, but the server told us this upfront, as the sushi bar was overloaded, so we got an appetizer to hold us over. Sushi quality was very good. Haven't tried the korean BBQ yet, but we've been there a few times now and the sushi and normal korean menu is very good.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)lunch101Dined on 3/1/2013Overall the dining experience was good. Service was superior and our reserved table was available when we arrived even though there were people waiting for a table. Waitress was punctual and friendly and accommodating to our requests. Food delivery was our only issues, our 4 meals arrived at separate times so that you had one person partially done with his meal by time his wife's meal was delivered 10 minutes later. I received my meal 5 minutes before my wife's meal arrived.Special Features:
- I came here for sushi on Valentine'OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I came here for sushi on Valentine's day with a friend. To be honest, the only sushi I had ever had before was all-you-can-eat, and was nervous about the prices and quality. But my nerves were for nothing - the prices are very reasonable, and the sushi itself was DELICIOUS. The service was great too - my friend and I had a great time, and are really excited to go back!
- Great menu with differentMax366VIPDined on 2/14/2013Great menu with different Asian cuisines. Excellent quality.Special Features:
- Best Korean restaurant in MA!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/26/2013Sapporo is by far the best Korean restaurant in the greater Boston, metro West area. Everything we've had has been delicious and their lunch buffet is well worth the trip in the middle of the day.Special Features:
- It was towards the end ofFIRSTBORNWONDERVIPDined on 1/23/2013It was towards the end of the night so the offering for side dishes was small but everything was delicious.Special Features:
- I've had both the sushi andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013I've had both the sushi and Korean from Sapporo and both dishes were well prepared. This is a really nice place for relatively inexpensive Japanese/Asian cuisine in the downtown westboro area.Special Features:
- Need to work on customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/31/2012We always love coming here, BUT i will NEVER come here again on busy nights. I went for New Years and my husband ordered his food and I ordered sushi. All my husbands food came and as he was eating I was sitting there waiting for my food. I started to eat his food i was so hungry. By the time the waiter came back over to the table I had to ask him for the Korean sides that came with the meal so I could have a bit more to eat (since they came with our order anyway, I would have liked to have them) and I asked about my sushi order which was still not made. By the time my husband finished his food and I had ate some of it i told them to cancel my dinner and we paid and left. I was very disappointed to not get my meal.Special Features:
- I love korean bbq but sapporoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012I love korean bbq but sapporo is only mediocre. The beef was bit salty and fairly thin, I was looking forward to the pork belly but that was a huge disappointment compared to the pork belly in NY flushing and LA's korea town. Sushi was good.
- YUMMY....MillersVIPDined on 12/24/2012FRESH AND CLEAN FOOD. THE SUSHI WAS CREATIVE AND UNIQUE, THE KOREAN SHORT RIBS WERE AWESOME AND THE SERVICE WASP PERFECT. THEY BRING YOU 6 MINI SIDE DISHES WITH THE ENTREES AND THE FLAVORS WERE VIBRANT. NO COMPLAINTS. WILL MOST DEFINITELY RETURN. A HIDDEN GEM IN A QUIET STRIP MALL... I REQUESTED A BOOTH AND UNFORTUNATELY THEY COULDN'T HONOR IT, BUT THEY HAD THE COMMON COURTESY TO CALL ME AND TELL ME THAT BEFORE I ARRIVED. GREAT GUEST SERVICE.
- We had a great family ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2012We had a great family Christmas get together. Food and service was very good as usual. Our whole family enjoys a meal with the friendly staff here.Special Features:
- We LOVE coming here! The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012We LOVE coming here! The food is excellent and service is always great! We had a large group and were accommodated with not much notice.Special Features:
- Wait staff were very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2012Wait staff were very friendly and helpful.Always there when you need them, but not hovering. Food was excellentSpecial Features:
- Great korean food. SushiDMeeksDined on 11/16/2012Great korean food. Sushi was surprisingly inventive and high quality. Didn't get the chance to try the barbeque food, which requires a seating at a special table that has the bbq built into the table, but that looks like a lot of fun. Staff was very engaged, especially with those at the bbq tables, and we never were lacking. We are definitely going back to try the bbq and sushi side, but the korean was high quality as well.Special Features:
- Sapporo was amazing. The onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2012Sapporo was amazing. The only reason service didn't get full stars was because when we showed up for our reservation of 5 they didn't have a table ready for us. They did however sit us at the sushi bar and give our party a free appetizer. We did end up waiting about 20 or so minutes for a table to become available.Special Features:
- Very energetic atmospheredcl23VIPDined on 10/19/2012Very energetic atmosphere for a family friendly restaurant on a rainy night in a relatively sleepy suburb. Our server was very friendly and helpful with questions about the menu. Overall, a great experience. My only two complaints: I wish they would include a vegetable with the kid's bulgogi meal (the other kid's meals come with a salad), and the squid in the seafood noodle soup was overcooked. The shrimp, scallops and mussels were just right, however.
- Sapporo's has long been theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012Sapporo's has long been the best Asian food in MetroWest.Special Features:
- The service was amazing. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012The service was amazing. The staff were all efficient and friendly. Our server was wonderful. When we placed our order, she made sure we understood what we asked for and how we could modify it to suit our tastes. Then, when dinner came, she showed is the proper way to combine the sides to really enjoy our food. The food was very good authentic Korean fare. Note, if you want to barbeque at your table you need to specify that in your reservation. I didn't so we were a bit dissapointed. The atmosphere isn't much to write home about but I would definately go back.Special Features:
- Our first time and did notOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2012Our first time and did not disappoint. Great food and drinks! Good sushi!Special Features:
- Great suburban findmetrowestfoodie1Dined on 8/25/2012We really enjoyed our first Korean BBQ and Sushi experience. It was great having them cook the meat on the small grill at our table. We were seated close to the bar however, and there was a pretty loud group in there obviously having a good time.Special Features:
- Service was terrible tonight.latenightVIPDined on 8/19/2012Service was terrible tonight. The server complained the whole time that she was going to have a 14 top coming. For a Sunday night she should have been happy to have a large party.
- The area's best sushi, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012The area's best sushi, delicious and beautifully prepared. Soups and other dishes are extremely tasty also.
- Great Sushi and Scorpion bowlsLesleyRNVIPDined on 8/8/2012Great Sushi and Scorpion bowls with friendly attentive servers!Special Features:
- Our dinner was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012Our dinner was excellent. We dined with a family from China and everyone enjoyed the food. We had a semi private table toward the back which was great for a party of 6.Special Features:
- From the outside this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/6/2012From the outside this restaurant is not very eye-catching. However, once you enter it is a very nicely decorated modern place with lots to offer and great food!Special Features:
- Reliable, local favorite,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/30/2012Reliable, local favorite, with mix of good bar, Sushi and Korean. Been enjoying it since it originally opened.
- Best sushi around. Fish isolivedelDined on 6/13/2012Best sushi around. Fish is fresh, and some very unique ones are present in the menu. I would advice Hama Crunch, Crispy Tuna and Crispy Philly CaliSpecial Features:
- My wife and I love going toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2012My wife and I love going to Sapporo for their Dolsot Bibim Bap and their sushi menu. They are always courteous and generous with the banchan, and the food is incredible.Special Features:
- This was my first experienceloveDined on 5/19/2012This was my first experience having some Korean food. Food was very good, waiter very knowledgeable to explain the different varieties. Definetly will be back and a great find.Special Features:
- great service and food. CozyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/7/2012great service and food. Cozy atmosphere. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Worst experience ever! HorribleFoodieDined on 3/11/2012Worst experience ever! Horrible food, horrible service. When we complained the management was rude and not customer friendly at all. We had only taken 1 bite, left full plates and they didn't even offer a discount, dessert or ANYTHING! We had to pay the full bill, then went across the street to a REAL Korean restaurant and had a fabulous meal! Looks can be deceiving!
- We went in the early afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2012We went in the early afternoon so there weren't many people there....our service was great and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- GRRREAT FOOD.... bad service...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012The food was excellent. But the service was awful. We went for valentines day dinner. My wife ask for a drink and me too. We got our glass of water fine. The apps came at the same time of dinner. And we were charge the drinks although thye never came. Maybe was bad luck for us, but it shouldn't happen to anyone.Special Features:
- Very nice ...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012We went there for our 2012 Valentine diner with our daughter. We had the BBQ table and enjoy the BBQ meals. My wife was disappointed at the number of choices for BBQ. The others restaurants have a dozen or so BBQ dishes, including various seafood dishes. Of course I am talking about BBQ dishes for self cooking at our table. They have a full sushi bar and full menu of kitchen prepared foods. My wife loved a couple of those many side dishes and ask for seconds. We certainly will come back again. Visited February 2012Special Features:
- Amazing experience as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2012Amazing experience as always. I'm a long time enjoyer of this great find. The staff is always courteous. The drinks are some of the best around. The food is top notch.Special Features:
- We love Sapporo!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 1/28/2012We love Sapporo. It's one of our absolute favorites for sushi. Their rolls are super fresh and very unique. We've always been so happy with their unique combinations. We LOVE it! The staff couldn't be friendlier! It's a fantastic spot for just about anything - night out with friends, lunch date, one-on-one date, etc. Definitely worth a visit!Special Features:
- Great place, nice menu, veryMarkJanet6Dined on 1/7/2012Great place, nice menu, very friendly service...5th time there....will be back. Our adult children love it tooSpecial Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011awesome! first time korean bbq go-er. Cant wait to go back againSpecial Features:
- Sapporo has great buffet thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011Sapporo has great buffet that offers both sushi and Korean BBQ.Special Features:
- our first time - we lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/10/2011our first time - we loved it and hope to be back soon!Special Features: