111 Salem Street
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beneventosboston.com/
- Phone: 6175234111
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday:11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Benevento's
'The casual fare fits the cozy place, which is warmed by wood paneling, a marble bar, and a mocha tine ceiling.' - TVDinerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Benevento's reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)kid-friendly (23)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (15)hot spot (11)special occasion (11)late-night find (6)romantic (4)scenic view (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Absolutely wonderful !! ThemaggieDined on 10/15/2011Absolutely wonderful !! The service & food beyond compare. Definitely would return.Special Features:
- Typical ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011Benevento's had good food and atmosphere, I was looking for a place for a date that was fun for a couple but not overly romantic. A loud family full of kids next to us killed the romantic part - so if you're looking for romance, go somewhere else! The food was typical Italian and very good.Special Features:
- Super fun restaurant in theWWFoodieVIPDined on 10/14/2011Super fun restaurant in the North End! Lively crowd and great food! Great for a fun date night or a group dinner!Special Features:
- This was my first visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2011This was my first visit and I was happy I tried it. Authentic home made dishes that I haven't had since my mother was alive and cooking for me!!Special Features:
- I had a wonderful time, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2011I had a wonderful time, the fusili was outstanding!!!!Special Features:
- the food was awesome. thetitusmomDined on 10/8/2011the food was awesome. the vodka sauce delicious!!!!!would definetly go back.
- Food was good but staff couldMatteb24Dined on 10/8/2011Food was good but staff could have been friendlier
- Great pizza! Great homemadeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/1/2011Great pizza! Great homemade noodles. Surprised to find the pumpkin ravioli were more sweet than savory.
- Very good value for the money.EggSS4VIPDined on 9/18/2011Very good value for the money. By no means the fanciest place in the North End but if you're looking for good Italian, excellent service, and don't want to break the bank, this place is a great choice. The pizza was thin crust and had wonderful flavors.
- Service was terrible. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2011Service was terrible. We were in the restaurant for an hour and 40 minutes with kids! She kept forgetting to get my husband's second drink and did end up taking it off the bill. We'll try another place next time
- My friend and I took our teenageOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2011My friend and I took our teenage daughters and their friends from out of town to Beneventos on a Friday night. It was a beautiful night, and the North End was hopping. I had called the restaurant ahead of time to let them know the girls wanted to sit at one table and the adults at another. They accommodated this and gave us the same waitress, which was helpful. The food was delicious. Everyone raved, including my picky vegetarian daughter. We were seated in the downstairs section, which isn't as pretty as the upstairs part of the restaurant, but it was perfect for a group. I highly recommend Beneventos. The food is fantastic, and it's a great place for groups.Special Features:
- Such a great place. ReallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2011Such a great place. Really reasonably priced, the wait staff and management are amazing. Such a great ambiance on the main level (which I prefer to downstairs). Every item I've eaten has been amazing. Definitely a great place for a date without it being "stuffy" and without breaking the bank.
- as visitors to the BostonCBluvs2eatDined on 8/12/2011as visitors to the Boston area, I knew nothing about this restaurant. It was delicious, cramped but fine, as most restaurants in the north end are small and quaint. It was perfect for kids, as some of the restaurants are much more intimate and trickier cuisine that kids won't enjoy. Loved our experience and our waitress, Ernestine!Special Features:
- The brick oven produced thebigjulieaVIPDined on 7/30/2011The brick oven produced the best pizza I've ever had. The crust had a wonderful light crunch without any grease. I can't wait to go back and try more pizzas from their menu. The only complaint is that some of the tables are too close together and it makes diners feel a little cramped.Special Features:
- Great for Large Parties!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2011I went to Benevento's on a Friday night with a group of 10 people (we made a reservation). We arrived about 20 minutes early and they already had our table ready for us. Our server was extremely friendly and helpful with suggesting items and add ons. Although our pizza was a little burnt, it was still delicious! We just joked we had the "extra crispy crust". Our server was very good on checking on how we were doing on drinks and joked around with us. I will definitely come back here again!Special Features:
- Wanted to try Benevento'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2011Wanted to try Benevento's for a while now and so glad I did.Special Features:
- Great staff, great food, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/25/2011Great staff, great food, especially the homemade pasta. Lots of fun.Special Features:
- Excellent food. We were aCoffeerocksDined on 6/19/2011Excellent food. We were a table of 9 and everyone loved their entree. We all were sampling each others food and saying we would like to come back and try more dishes. Table a little crowded but the food friendly service more than made up for it.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding as washopalongVIPDined on 6/19/2011Food was outstanding as was the service We had 7 people in out party so we sat in the back. This was the only slightly negative aspect as it was tight space for the servers to walk by our seats. We will be back there soon. The muscles marinara, and eggplant rotini and the fig salad were amazingSpecial Features:
- Food was decent but our partyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/18/2011Food was decent but our party for 6 was seated downstairs which felt like the bowels of the building and not very appetizing.Special Features:
- My son is vegetarian so IOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2011My son is vegetarian so I reviewed many menus looking for vegetarian selection and a little ambiance. The picture on their web site looked good. Sadly we were seated in the basement. The walls were bare, the floor tiled and there was an unpleasant odor. I ordered a Grilled fig salad. I didn't know you could grill figs and have them still be cold, like they just came from the 'frig. I was very disappointed.
- worst service everOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/21/2011Chose this restaurant b/c they could take a reservation for 12 on Sat night, not common in North End. The food was fine (nothing special) but the service was the worst I have ever had. (I am sure it had something to do with the already included 20% gratuity!). NEVER ONCE did the waitress come over to ask if we needed anything, and we often needed something because everything took FOREVER (just to get wineglasses, after the wine was brought, took 2 extra requests!) When we asked about our drink order, she snapped, "I TOLD the bartender!"...uh, yeah I would hope so, how about a little courtesy? Consistently rude. When we were leaving to put our coats on (after paying quite a sizeable bill), we were hurried away from the table for the next
- Perfect for teens and parentsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/15/2011Perfect for teens and parents in Boston. Delicious and fun.Special Features:
- After our table was givenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/6/2011After our table was given away we were put downstairs under a noisy vent. Since we had to sit at the bar, about three different waitstaff were attending to us at different times so our bill was all wrong by the end of it.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2011Beneventos is great. Our food is always fantastic and they always do thief best to accommodate our groupSpecial Features:
- It is a hole in the wall butOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/22/2011It is a hole in the wall but the food and atmosphere is great. It is a neighborhood feeling type restaurant right in the mix of the North End. They also cater to gluten allergies and have a wide range of pasta and pizza to cure the cravings. The wait staff is excellent and extremely friendly. Never bad service or a bad meal!!Special Features:
- Excellent all around!JT27Dined on 4/20/2011I was looking for a place in the North End to accommodate my niece's need for gluten-free. My brother and his family were visiting for the week and we wanted to be sure they got to enjoy the Italian food of the North End. Benevento's had gluten free pasta and pizza for her to choice from. She said her meal was delicious. We were a party of 9 and they set up our table in a space toward the back. It was perfect for having 5 kids with us. The waitress was amazing. She was attentive and allowed us to take our time with each course. When the kitchen accidentally put spinach on my husband's meal, she automatically took 20% off his dish and supplied the adults with complitentary Limoncello. I highly recommend this place for a family.Special Features:
- dinner here for pre-marathonOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/17/2011dinner here for pre-marathon meal. staff very nice and did their best to accommodate my big group. food was yummy and generous. overall very nice and would go again.Special Features:
- Since we live in the NorthOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/11/2011Since we live in the North End, we know the great spots for dinner. We heard good things about Benevento's, and thought we'd try it one evening. We found it disapointing. It does not have a full bar, and a limited menu. The salad I had was very nice, and my husband had the pizza. He thought it was one of the poorer pizzas in the area. We would not go back simply because the area has far superior dining places
- We arrived on time for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2011We arrived on time for our reservation, but had to wait 45 minutes before being seated. We were a large group (11), but had to stand for a long time at the crowded bar. That said, the manager was understanding and apologetic. He gave us two pizzas on the house, which seemed to make everyone happy. Food was good, not great, but the prices were good for our kind of group (mostly college students).
- Looked very small and wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/2/2011Looked very small and was loud due to a crowded bar and college BBall games on this Sat night. Great food and great service! I would go back again and again as long as I had a reservation - definitely reserve a table. Great food please go there - big portions!
- The fig salad was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2011The fig salad was delicious and the homemade pasta was incredible. We enjoyed the meal-the waitress was great-everyone very friendly. It is loud and fun-great for a group.Special Features:
- This place was great, we atePaulSDined on 3/10/2011This place was great, we ate here before going to a Bruins game. We had a good experience in a short time. Very good value and location. We walked to the stadium in less than 10 min. I had a pizza and my wife had pasta with a creamy pesto sauce. As good as the pizza was, I was jealous. When we go back I will try a pasta dish.Special Features:
- The food and service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/5/2011The food and service was great! Cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- The food was DELICIOUS andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2011The food was DELICIOUS and service was great. Try the mussels!Special Features:
- Great pizza! The kitchen wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/25/2011Great pizza! The kitchen was a little slow however our waitress was fabulous! I will definitely be back!!Special Features: