111 Salem Street
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beneventosboston.com/
- Phone: 6175234111
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday:11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Benevento's
'The casual fare fits the cozy place, which is warmed by wood paneling, a marble bar, and a mocha tine ceiling.' - TVDinerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Benevento's reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)kid-friendly (22)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (18)great for lunch (13)hot spot (11)special occasion (11)late-night find (7)romantic (4)scenic view (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- cute but smallsocializeandeatDined on 6/5/2014You get nice and cozy with your neighbors in this great little restaurant. My only compliant is that we felt very rushed the whole night and the place wasn't jam-packed. We did though have a bus boy/waiter drop a glass that shattered all around us and a knife full of red sauce fall off plate next to us...so we had glass on one side and food all over everything on the other. Obviously not a typical night...and I think its to be expected in such small restaurants in the North End. The food and drinks are fantastic, I just wish they weren't trying to rush us out of there.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDebCDined on 5/31/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and we would definitely go back. The portions are very generous and the food is excellent. I split the fig salad and an order of bruschetta with my friend - both were very tasty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Recommended by a friend food was aewsome. No wait during the weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 315 reviews are from the Benevento's reviews archive.
- Delicious Vodka SauceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/22/2014Must get the vodka sauce! It's their most popular sauce. It's so good, however, I got the pasta with chicken which comes in small cutlets. This was disappointing, as the texture is different and doesn't really go with the pasta, but it tasted fine. Just wish the chicken was cut up in strips like you'd expect! It was like they ran out of sliced chicken breast used for the pastas and they used chicken tenders.Special Features:
- disappointingnorthenddiner15Dined on 5/20/2014On the positive side, the mussels were very fresh, the place has a very nice ambiance and it was not too noisy. On the negative side, my Caesar salad was underdressed, my friend's pesto dish tasted overwhelmingly of pine nuts and not at all of basil, the tomato sauce in my dish was too sweet, and both servings of linguini were overdone. On top of all that, the service was inattentive. I don't think I'll be going back.
- great food, fantastic waitress!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2014Pizza was AMAZING! we had a large group of 12 for my birthday and they accommodated us without a problem. Service was speedy! Restaurant was clean! I will definitely recommend!Special Features:
- KittyVIPDined on 5/17/2014The best pizza in all of Boston. The grilled fig salad is a must.Special Features:
- Old school italianyourtableisreadyDined on 5/17/2014The restaurant is much smaller than the pictures depicted. Had to push back our reservations a few minutes, but when we arrived they had us wait for another 20-30 minutes, while no one was in the restaurant. Once we were seated the service was very friendly, but a bit slow. We had a large group so that may have added to it. The food was very good. Old school italian. Red sauce very good!!! Would definitely like to try again with a smaller group.Special Features:
- good food, otherwise not specialeastcostdinerDined on 5/11/2014For the North End, this place was disappointing. The food was great, which was the main reason we chose the location. It was also nice to be able to make a reservation. However, the ambience was not great. It felt like a bar with some tables inside. The service was marginal. Even with a plate full of food, the servers kept trying to take the plates away. Also, we were surprised to learn that they did not have coffee or espresso! A big surprise for a mother's day brunch/lunch at an Italian eatery. Good food if you don't mind less than average ambience for the North End and don't expect anything special from the service. I personally won't go back here, but two folks in my party did have wonderful pasta, so I gave it 3 stars.
- Bachelorette DiningCarus0217Dined on 5/10/2014I had reserved a table for 10 for dinner for a bachelorette. The restaurant called earlier in the day to confirm my reservation and some other important information. Although our reservation was for 7 we were not seated until after 730. No big deal we sat at the bar and had some drinks, we were accidentally charged for an extra glass of wine, but the bartender was quick to remove it once we pointed it out. The food was delicious and the service was friendly and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the vodka sauce!CherrypieVIPDined on 5/7/2014Great little italian with a lot of gluten free options. Large portions and delicious sauces. They do a "pick and mix" menu so you pick your pasta type, your protein and your sauce.Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014We went to Benevento's to celebrate our daughter's graduation. The service and food were amazing. We were treated so kindly. It is a real authentic North End restaurant - the food was sooooooo good. We all can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- 2nd time aroundKellmVIPDined on 4/26/2014This is the second time I've been to Benevenyo's with a large party. The staff are always pleasant and accommodating. The food is excellent. We'll keep going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Nice and casual.ChrisVIPDined on 4/25/2014Great food. Feels like a great casual neighborhood Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2014This has been my third time to Benevento's and the outcome is always the same. The food is always very good and fresh and the service is very good. I look forward to coming to this restaurant when I am visiting Boston. My favorites are the pulled pork pizza and the chicken parmesan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLovenorthendDined on 4/20/2014My husband & I made reservations. I'm not sure if this always necessary since we were there the night before the Boston marathon. The chicken Marsala was outstanding, and the serving size was huge. My husband had a build your own pizza. I has intended to eat a bite of pizza, but I almost ate the whole piece. Hard to make a wrong choice here.Special Features:
- Fantastic food awful serviceFoodiemomDined on 4/20/2014We've come in for the marathon for the last four years as well as for vacations and discovered Beneventos on out first visit. The food is always excellent and the portions generous. We keep returning because of the food, but this visit will probably be our last. Pre-marathon Sunday is always very busy, but sitting at the table for 15 min prior to having a server take our drink orders is ridiculous. The last two years at least one meal has been forgotten or wrong. They don't apologize they just say whoops! With so many good food choices in the North End service needs to improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious diningSTLsueDined on 4/20/2014We picked Benevento's because it was a pre-marathon pasta place that offered a variety of dishes, good location, and reasonable prices. It was all that and more. The service was prompt and the fig salad was as delicious as it sounded on the online menu. Our party has some special homemade pastas with and without any cheeses. They were all yummy. The pumpkin ravioli was a favorite of all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riding on reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/19/2014We booked Benevento's because of the strong Yelp rating but I don't agree. First off, they do not honor their reservations. They seated us 35 minutes past the time of our reservations and we were lucky. Other diners waited as long as 1 hour and 15 minutes past their reservation time. The food was okay, nothing stood out. I would not return.Special Features:
- Good food, reservation system badAndyDined on 4/19/2014Had a reservation for 15 for 6:30. Some of us arrived around 5:45 to make sure things were OK, but they had no real plan for seating us. Was told around 6:30 it would be 15-20 minutes longer. We were not seated until after 7:30. When we were crowded in bar waiting for table we were asked to wait outside. Once seated, table service was fine and we enjoyed our meal. Many places might have offered to comp an appetizer or dessert, but nothing from Benevento's.
- great pizza and loads of funUltra50milerDined on 4/18/2014My second time here. Great atmosphere and very good food. Value for money is excellent. Would recommend highly.Special Features:
- Always greatJaneolVIPDined on 4/17/2014This is a neighborhood favorite of mine. I judge an Italian restaurant by the red sauce and theirs is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, lively, food so good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014We arrived 15 minutes before our reservation and were seated right away. The tables are very close together upstairs and we were surprised that they also had a downstairs where we were seated. There were 3 of us and we all had different meals and all were delicious. We go to the North End only once a year but I don't know if I would want to try a different place after this the meals were so good and well portioned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Benevento's, BostonJBishDined on 4/11/2014Benevento's was great. My wife and I were visiting the city and a good friend suggested we eat here; I'm glad she did because the food was outstanding. We both chose the build-your-own pasta bowl and everything was cooked perfectly. I would definitely suggest getting a reservation, as it seems like it's always busy.Special Features:
- Great food!!!acm46Dined on 4/11/2014The food was absolutely out if this world!! This was the second time I have eaten here both times I have loved the meals I got!! Their pizza reminded me of the pizza I used to order while I lived in Florence and I haven't had that good of homemade pasta in forever!! The service was really really slow, but the waitress was nice and we weren't in a hurry so it was okay. Overall really good experience and I will definitely be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good findRobertDined on 4/3/2014This was a good find in the north end. Nice and quaint, not too noisy. Using opentable to make the reservation was great as we were greeted at the door and a table was waiting for us and the staff was very attentive. Extra anchovies on the ceasar salad is a must and they delivered. Lobster ravioli was recommended and did not disappoint. Eggplant parm was good but a little bland for my taste. Overall a very enjoyable meal.
- BeneventoMainedinerDined on 3/28/2014Our waitress, Diane, was terrific. The fig salad and Vanessa's Pizza were delicious. However, we were very disappointed with the basement table the host tried to seat us at. After receiving an email confirmation, an email reminder, and telephone reminder we didn't expect to have such a poor table; nevermind that the host said they were setting a table in the main dining room for us. After I expressed my concern to the hostess, they did give us a table in th main dining room And we enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodCEdinerDined on 3/22/2014We arrived right on time for our reservation at Beneventos. The host had two seats that he showed us that were awful in the back of the place right next to the stairwell and next to a busing station. We asked if we were going to be forgotten at these seats and were told no we had the best waitress and she would take care of us. And he was right she was awesome. Diane was great. We ordered a couple of Peronis and the night began. We ordered two specials and split them. Beneventos chicken and Beneventos pizza. The pizza was really good but the chicken was really tasty. The smoked mozzerella and the sauce was great. Will definitely go back and would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBrettaDined on 3/22/2014Great food and very kind and down to earth waiting staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do you have 4 hours for dinner?MikeDined on 3/21/2014Terrible service will ruin halfway decent good .... unless you don't mind waiting 3 1/2 hours for an appetizer and dinner. You may even see your waitress more than once an hour or get your water glass filled more than twice in that time, but I wouldn't bet on it.
- Good spotAC317Dined on 3/15/2014A group of seven of us had a reservation here on for 7:30 on a Saturday night. Unfortunately we were not seated until after 8pm because the guests at the table before us were taking their dear old time. The hosts were friendly and kept updating us on the status of our table, but unfortunately the bar area is very tiny and some of our party had to wait outside until bar space opened up. The food did make up for the delay in seating. I had fresh pasta with broccoli rabe and shrimp in a white sauce and it was superb. Other's enjoyed their meals as well and the prices were very affordable. The waitress was pleasant although not as attentive as we would have liked because the restaurant was so busy. Over all a very nice meal. I would go back.Special Features:
- A new North End fave!PatrickRDined on 3/14/2014I had been once before to Benevento's a year ago. And based on that chose it as the venue for a family dinner to celebrate the 19th birthday of our twins. The Benevento's team came through in every way for us... delicious and generous portioned food, excellent service and most impressive to me... they held a table for a half-an-hour for us despite a massive and impatient crowd. We had been unavoidably stuck in traffic en route to the restaurant. HIGHLY recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to give it a good reviewVeritasVIPDined on 3/9/2014ONLY because I don't want others going and making it harder for us to get in. Great food, incredible staff and all done at a reasonable price. You will love it.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience for our partyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014Our party of 6 dined at Benevento's following a show in the Theater District. The food was amazing - it came out fast, made to order and piping hot. Our server was attentive and kept our glasses full and our table clear of clutter. A definite must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lobster ravioli was absolutelyMaigDined on 3/7/2014The lobster ravioli was absolutely delicious! The next time I'm in town I will definitely stop by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian FoodHappyGsDined on 3/4/2014This is where I would take my friends or coworkers. The service is the best and their food is what keeps me coming back - the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaStingfanDined on 3/3/2014We were looking for a North End Restaurant close to the TD Garden to eat before the concert. Reservations were easy to make and when we arrived our table was ready on time. the service was outstanding and the food servings large. The pizza was delicious as were the ravioli's with meat sauce and the chicken brocolli alfredo. It's a tight fit between tables but cozy atmosphere in the heart of the north end. It was a quick walk to the bakery on the way back to TD Garden.Special Features:
- A North End favorite!RBKLDined on 2/28/2014The pizza and pasta dishes are delicious. A true neighborhood gem, with friendly and efficient service. Highly recommend this place and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Um Um GoodHungreedyDined on 2/28/2014The best lobster ravioli that I ever tasted. The shrimp in the grand mariner sauce and eggplant rollatini were superb - both are a must order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time in North EndBoyitwaswindyDined on 2/20/2014I've always found the staff at Benevento's to be so much fun. Happy and really making you feel like a guest. Our lovely server (I think her name was Launna?) was awesome. Pizzas are great here, don't pass them up even to do as an appetizer with a group. The family had various pastas, all were good. Its nice that the menu is simple where you choose your pasta and choice of sauce. They have fancier dishes as well. Location is also good being away from Hanover and on Salem. Enjoy.Special Features: