92 Summer St.
Arlington, MA 02474Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scutra.com/
- Phone: 7813161816
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, European, Belgian
- Executive Chef: Didier Baugniet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are a full service catering co. We will service up to 200 guests. Call our restaurant for further details or to set up a time. We personalize menus to everyone’s personal needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant can accommodate up to 60 guest or the restaurant can be divided into 2 sections both accommodating 35 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cesidia Baugniet 7813161816
A word from Scutra
Welcome to Scutra. We are a small family run Restaurant. Our food is an influence of Belgium-Italian with an American Bistro Feel. We'd like everyone to feel like they are at home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Scutra reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (22)romantic (16)notable wine list (11)good for groups (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Amazing food, formal yet friendlyJulieDined on 10/18/2013We went to celebrate both a friend's and my birthday. We were looking for something special and elegant. We were not disappointed. The wait staff was courteous, attentive and very friendly. The food was outrageously good. Some of the combinations were new and creative yet worked well together. My favorites were the appetizer "calamari fries" with a red bell pepper dipping sauce, and my dessert, an eggnog cheesecake with caramel sauce. Very nice cocktails too. A very picky eater might not find something to their liking here, as there are no simple steak and potato standbys, but for those with adventurous palettes, this restaurant is a true find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScutraAileenDined on 10/17/2013Very friendly and knowledgable staff. A lot of unique dinner choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Impressed!JVanODined on 10/14/2013We were three: a colleague, my wife and me. Very nice menu selections making it hard to choose both apps and entrees. North African Veal Meatloaf was outstanding. My colleague is a seafood lover from the South Shore. He highly recommends the Pad Thai Style Coconut Clams and the Paella. Location is very easy to get to if you are north of Boston inside 128. Great for a nice dinner right after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well balancedRavelDined on 10/12/2013Dining at Scutra's was most pleasant. For example, there were notable beer choices, good service, no feeling of being rushed and delectable food. The music was not to my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels are Not to be MissedfoodieDined on 10/8/2013We went for the all you can eat mussels with fries & salad and it was fabulous!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful!MarkDined on 10/4/2013his place was a wonderful surprise to my fiance and I! The prices were EXTREMELY reasonable for food that was not only delicious but also clever and original. We had crab wrapped in eggplant, limincello squid, PORK OSSO BUCO, and VEAL MEATLOAF. Each meal was plated beautifully and had numerous layers of taste that blended perfectly. I can easily say that the food here was better then a restaurant at the Elephant Walk level and almost as good as a place like Rendezvous. As an added bonus it is GREAT for people with a gluten allergy! Many options and all marked on the menu.Special Features:
- Fodder for FoodiesGingerDined on 10/4/2013This neighborhood gem has the service and food that would make a foodie return for repeat performances. Food is well-prepared and presented. Dishes have depth of flavor, although a sauce here and there may be a little heavy-handed. Prices are reasonable and wait staff attentive but not intrusive. Reservations are probably a good idea, especially if more than 2 people. For the desserts, be sure to ask if they are made on the premises. One dessert seemed to have been the frozen variety and thawed for presentation. But overall, very high marks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem in arlingtonWineluvrDined on 9/28/2013Although the restaurant has been around for 11 years, it's tucked away behind the hustle and bustle of mass avenue. It is not to be missed. The food was exceptional and the quality for price was surprising! The service was as good as any fine dining. We will be back and recommend it to all, perhaps one of top 5 restaurants in Arlington!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scutra never disappoints!MartysmomVIPDined on 9/28/2013One of our favorite restaurants! Fresh ingredients, imaginatively prepared. I could make a meal of the fresh bread and garlicky olive oil! Yummy! Paella was wonderful as was the roasted corn salad. Chicken drumstick wrapped in bacon rested on fresh cheese was to die for. Just sorry I couldn't order everything I wanted to try. Lovely service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak & lobster tailscheersDined on 9/21/2013The food was excellent. Our server, Rebecca,. was very pleasant & efficient. Once inside Scutra you forget that you are in a strip mall in Arlington. The food is as good as a fine Boston restaurant but aless pricey.Special Features:
- It is a hidden gem!Love2EatDined on 9/19/2013Scutra is one of my favorite restaurant! I have been going there for many years and I always have great experience there. The food is amazing there and the price is very reasonable. Their service is very good and the staff is very friendly! I have recommended it to many friends and they are all regulars now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in Arlingtonmhw929Dined on 9/14/2013If you are looking for a place with amazing food but don't want to go into Boston, this is your place. All the food was delicious, waitstaff was friendly and helpful, and the prices are not out of sight. Highly recommend giving this place a try!Special Features:
- Ho HumDeniDined on 9/13/2013We had been to Scutra a few times before, but not in the recent past. We knew something had changed when we saw the menu, as the prices were all lower. The food was good, but the portions were very small. I'm not a big eater at all, and I was still hungry when we got done. My husband is a big eater and had to have a snack when we got home. We each had the Caprese salad as an appetizer. My husband had the seafood paella and I had the red snapper special as our entrees. We won't be going back anytime soon. We'd rather pay more and come home feeling satisfied, rather than still being hungry.
- Poor serviceperilsVIPDined on 9/12/2013While the food was good the service was very bad. The waiter had a definite attitude and could have cared less about serving us in a professional way. This is the first time I have had a bad waiter at Scutra.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new menuHate2cookVIPDined on 9/11/2013New menu is terrific! Loving the pork chops and short rib spring roll!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteSandyDined on 9/10/2013We are fortunate in Arlington to have so many good restaurants but Scutra is by far our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/7/2013Hidden gem in Arlington. Food is always innovative and the service impeccable. We reminded ourselves that we need to eat here more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go to Scutra all the timeHate2cookVIPDined on 9/5/2013We go to Scutra all the time and we were pleasantly surprised to see a new menu and the prices were lowered to reflect the restaurant's anniversary and to thank the patrons. The new menu was great. We loved the short rib springs rolls - perfect blend of hot and sweet. The heirloon tomato salad was delicious as well but the pork chop was just outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinneranniv49Dined on 9/4/2013We celebrated our 49th anniversary, had a great dinner. The food was very good and had a nice variety from which to choose. We had a very good server. Enjoyed our evening out. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal, as always.AnnePygeDined on 9/4/2013We're never disappointed when dining at Scutra -- we consider ourselves fortunate to have such a wonderful restaurant within minutes of our home!! Give it a try -- you won't be sorry! This week, their $16 all meals special is a great introduction. We'll be back. AnneSpecial Features:
- Yumm!KAKeDined on 8/28/2013I have been going to Scutra for nearly 10 years now & I'm happy to say I'm still impressed! I took my Japanese friends in for the special menu "lobster'fest" and they loved it , too! We had lobster ravioli, tempura & paella. Each dish was divine, as was the recommended wine pairing. I will be back again & again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belgian-Italian influenceEJDCMDVIPDined on 8/23/2013Very nice neighborhood restaurant with pleasant atmosphere, professional staff and a varied menu. A selection of p Chicken Saltimbuca, with Marsala wine sauce was excellent. There was a serving of crispy, peasant bread. A lobster rosotto was more of a seafood stew with mussels, clams, chicken, and a little sausage. The tomato sauce overwhelmed the rice, but it was tasty. We had an excellent bottle of Red Rock Merlot for a reasonable price. A warm potato and corn and potato salad was selected as a appetizer and had a very good vinegar based dressing along with house made gravlax which was delicious, but essentially has no corn. Our waiter, Louis, was very knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Care with foodLTPEDined on 8/10/2013Our party required special attention to the ingredients used in our meals, and the Scutra staff supported our need gladly, including visits from the chef/owner to coordinate selections and prep. Nicely done! And the resulting good was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We didn't get bread for theBeccaDined on 8/9/2013We didn't get bread for the first half hour. Both our app and entrees were sent to different wrong tables so we waited an hour for our food. The servers were grumpy and treated us like it was our fault they kept messing up. At least offer a free dessert or something! This was our anniversary and our first solo outing since having a baby. Such a disappointment. The food was tasty but way too late.
- Do not pass this upKikiDined on 8/9/2013Lovely restaurant; food is superlative; staff is exactly what you would want to have. Once you try it, it will become your standard choice for the best of the best-- a delightful experience.Special Features:
- Love dinner at ScutraAnnieADined on 8/7/2013I have been 5 times this year with co-workers and old friends. The menu is terrific but wish they'd bring back the calamari strips that look like French fries. The specials are always excellent and the presentation I beautiful. Both the food and drink menues are creative, and bottles of decent wine are very reasonably priced. They have small plate sizes of most entrees and appetizers for people with smaller appetites or for those who want to share a number of things. Loved the short rib arancini. Scutra is also a place where you can sit and talk with old friends. The staff is terrific and we've never felt rushed. The chairs, made of recycled car seat belts are very comfortable. Parking can be a bit of a challenge when they're busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as usual. The menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2013Fantastic as usual. The menu stays fresh and always surprising. Five summer lobster specials, all reasonably priced, gave us all a different delicious treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome DinnerHate2cookVIPDined on 7/23/2013The food is usually very good but this meal was absolutely outstanding. If you get a chance to have swordfish or the artichoke blossom appetizer, seize the opportunity. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeGatunaDined on 7/20/2013Since we arrive we have a wonderful attention. Perfect martinis and the food was very good. I have the best risotto in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mixed bagLaurieVIPDined on 7/19/2013Scutari is usually quite good. This night they were off their game. The service was exceedingly slow as they seemed understaffed. It took almost 15 minutes to get a drink and bread for the table. Had a very nice stuffed blossom appetizer with risotto. The short rib entree was delicious but the shrimp with rosemary was not good. The shrimp were dried out and overlooked and the taste of ginger was overpowering. The staff was very nice but they seemed like they were short a waiter it two. We will try again and hope this was an aberration.
- Neighborhood Tast of the ContinentdsswithnVIPDined on 7/18/2013The menu is very good and all the dishes we have ordered here have been perfectly cooked. Most dishes come in small and regular portions. The menu has continental dishes - many with interesting twist, e.g., braised short rib arancini. The restaurant is small and reservations are advised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/13/2013We had reservations for 6 people on a Saturday evening at 7:30PM. We were seated right away and our server quickly sought out our drink order, knowing it was a warm evening. Our server carefully explained the specials, and gave us plenty of time to decide on our selections. In fact, throughout the meal we were treated well, and at no time were we rushed. All our meals were very good, and the women in the group were pleased with the smaller plate options (and at a lower cost). All in all, a great experience. BTW - the eggnog cheesecake is a must eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continually poor servicelilacDined on 6/29/2013I've been to this restaurant 4 times in the last few years. The food is interesting and flavorful. However, the service is consistently terrible and I know I will not return again. I've given them too many opportunities to do better and they have not.
- The staff made us feel rightBradyKnowsDined on 6/28/2013The staff made us feel right at home. Food quality was excellent. Small and regular portion sizes fit our needs. A very positive experience worth recommending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerSpacedaveDined on 6/25/2013We went to Scutra the first time to celebrate a wedding anniversary, was looking for something out of the ordinary. Reservations were in place when we got there, were seated immediately. Waiter was helpful with the menu and all courses, salad, entree and dessert, were outstanding. Wines were reasonable. We had just two problems. The noise level in the dining area near the bar was quite high, mostly from a very loud group, making conversation a bit difficult. I recommend dinner in the main dining area for lower noise level. The second problem was that the waiter had not heard me well (see noise above) and put our dessert order in as a single shared one instead of one each. 2nd one came with a longer delay than expected.Special Features:
- We love Scutra! Always wonderful...MartysmomVIPDined on 6/22/2013We always enjoy our meals at Scutra and go back time and again. Intimate, but not crowded. Friendly and relaxed, Scutra's food is terrific. Imaginative dishes, many available as small plates for tastings, create a great meal from start to finish. Their use of fresh ingredients are always creatively prepared. Mango/jasmine pana cotta was light yet flavorful. Smokey bacon enhanced a roasted corn and potato salad. Mediterranean chicken stew had a deeply flavored yet light sauce over couscous enhanced with apricots. If you've never been, run, don't walk, to Scutra!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here is great typicallyHate2cookVIPDined on 6/18/2013The food here is great typically as is the service. Never had a bad meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2013We discovered this neighborhood gem recently. The food was great! The mochaccino was awesome. All the the elements of fine dining were there. Perhaps the only thing that we didn't like was the plate. It's not practical to eat in this plate! That's why we minus 1 star. Other than that, we're definitely going back and recommending it to others.Special Features:
- The score is tied 1 to 1CJmeDined on 6/12/2013I have been there twice. The first time it may have been the best dining experience of my life. The second time was no where near expectations. Impeccable service could not overcome main courses that fell short of their descriptions. I am not sure I would go back for the rubber game.Special Features:
- Looking forward to going back!AnnePygeDined on 6/8/2013As always, a great dining experience, especially the dishes from the sea. We love the fact that one can get smaller plates of most of the entrees. Located less than 1 mile from our house, we think of Scutra as a neighborhood gem.Special Features: