Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale
7135 E. Camelback Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wildfishseafoodgrille.com/
- Phone: 4809944040x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 5:00-10:00, Bar/Lounge opens at 4:00
Friday and Saturday 5:00-11:00, Bar/Lounge opens at 4:00
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Michelle Wickramasuriya
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale
The only thing primitive about Wildfish Seafood Grille is the swimmingly fresh seafood -- mostly caught the day before and shipped next day on ice. Otherwise, this cosmopolitan bistro is as sophisticated as any fine eatery in New York or Vegas. Burnished wood, dim theatrical lighting, cozy tables, a stylish exhibition kitchen and central bar with several TVs available to catch the game embellish the interior. Veteran restaurateurs Guy Villavaso and Larry Foles (Z'Tejas, Eddie V's Edgewater Grille) have created a fierce seafood-steakhouse combination, which attracts food-loving couples, ladies on a luxurious night out and sexy singles at the bar. Because Wildfish is not as wallet-busting as similar concepts in the area, go ahead and start with a spicy lump crab cake surrounded in a buttery remoulade sauce. If you're in the mood for steak, pick a finely aged filet, rib eye or veal chop.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)fit for foodies (75)romantic (59)notable wine list (38)vibrant bar scene (28)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (20)great for outdoor dining (19)hot spot (14)late-night find (10)great for lunch (9)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014The service and food were amazing and we will back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was very good with one exceptionmrmagooDined on 6/28/2014I had the grouper and was disappointed in the way it was described on the menu from the way it was served. It was in a plate of liquid and the menu said crispy. I did not like the sauce as it had very little flavor. the fish was very well cooked and they they ruined it in the sauce. I also thought my partner's ahi was a little too rare with not enough sear. other wise it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Seafood & SteaksAZMikeDined on 6/26/2014Wildfish has well prepared fresh seafood including bluepoint oysters on the half shell which were exceptional. The service was incredibly friendly and efficient. I received a complimentary desert on my birthday as well. You can't go wrong!!Special Features:
- Freshest fish in the valleylike2dineDined on 6/21/2014Had several fantastic dishes featuring some of the freshest fish I can recall in the valley. I have just returned from the Mediterranean where I had sampled much seafood, and these dishes would stand up against everything I enjoyed there. With such high quality fish, I was a bit overwhelmed by the preparations which might have been less complex allowing the fish to be more present. On my next visit I plan to choose accordingly. The shrimp cocktail was served with amazing sauce and "atomic" horseradish, but the shrimp themselves seemed a little mealy but I would order again just to enjoy the sauce. Finally, my table was in an area subject to foot traffic and I wish the atmosphere could have been a bit calmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- semma31Dined on 6/21/2014food delish, ambience...very dark, server too ambitious. Too many people standing to greet you at door. I would indeed go back as food was very good and well presented. Lighting bad!Special Features:
- Great Timepet70Dined on 6/21/2014Do not know how to start but simply to say that was our first time there and everything was great except one little hick up. The food was one of the best my wife and I has had in a long time. The place looked great the way it was laid out. Beautiful lighting. The only hick up was that we ordered appetizers and then dinner and the dinner came out when I was only half way through my appetizer causing my dinner to sit on the table while I tried to finish my App. Which was so great I had to finish it, (Crab Cake) We had the Ahi Tuna and the Shrimp/crab meat dish. Both of them were also great, the tasting of both dishes where spot on for us. We will be back for sure, we will also recommend this place to all our friends.Special Features:
- Overall food was about 3.5 starsJohnQPublicDined on 6/19/2014MARKET FRESH FISH **** out of ***** Simply Broiled with Lemon, EV Olive Oil and Sea Salt PACIFIC AHI TUNA ** out of ***** Seared with Asian Pear, Mango, Avocado and Roasted Cashews* (Chef did not sear both sides of Ahi - If I would have had more time, I would have sent it back) CLASSIC CAESAR SALAD **** out of ***** Shaved Parmesan, Garlic Croutons and Tapenade Sautéed Spinach with Garlic and Parmesan ***** out of ***** (The Best dish) Twice Baked Potato with Bacon and Chives *** out of ***** Plate of bread offered to every table ***** out of ***** (Exceptional)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceTravelinMan26VIPDined on 6/18/2014Fish is fresh and plentiful. Excellent oysters. Very good service. Be prepared for a $100+ dinner.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceBewareDined on 6/17/2014Fantastic restaurant. From entering the door, service and food was great. Crab cakes and seared tuna over soba noodles were tasty. Main dishes were a nicely portioned. Sides a la cart. No room for dessert but all sounded great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top seafood choiceHappyfoodieDined on 6/14/2014Food was excellent! I had swordfish with crab topping, my companions had Salmon they raved about. The crunchy bread and salads were awesome. We were there Sat night and it was a bit noisy, but our server was great. Am definitely returning and will sit outside. 6/16/14Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveVIPDined on 6/14/2014This was our first time. It was an outstanding seafood dinner!Special Features:
- Casual dinner with friendsPhoenixDadDined on 6/13/2014Had a great time. Able to talk but also laugh and carry on. Wonderful location in downtown Scottsdale with night life abounding for after-dinner. Food was excellent, both seafood and steak, and wine was good too. Nice job with the service - not stodgy, but very professional.Special Features:
- Great find!brianDined on 6/12/2014I went here for the first time 2 weeks ago and went again this past week. Two of the best meals I have had in a long time. I had salmon one night and steak the next. Both were phenomenal.Special Features:
- Great experience!LindsDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I went to Wildfish for our anniversary, and it was a fabulous experience. Our waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable about the food they served. They also had a table waiting for us with a "Happy Anniversary" card on the table signed by the whole staff plus rose petals on the table for us. Our food was phenomenal and I can't wait to go back! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves seafood.Special Features:
- Excellent againDonnyBoyDined on 6/6/2014This was our second trip to Wildfish. It was excellent ! The food was fantastic, my wife and I both had specials. She had the Surf and Turf, I sampled her steak, it was tender and flavorful. I had the Sea Bass special, it was a large portion and tasted great. The side of broccoli was a great complement to our meal. Our server was very professional and attentive. We'd highly recommend this restaurant, and will go back !Special Features:
- WonderfulCMack629Dined on 5/31/2014We had a great experience at Wildfish. The service was top notch and the food was to die for. Recommend the lobster tacos for an appetizer and the swordfish steak for an entree. It is pricy, but so worth it for fresh, very well-prepared seafood in AZ. My only complaint was sitting outside gives you a very un-romantic view of Camelback Road, but that was our fault, as we asked to sit on the patio. The inside is beautiful, modern and classy. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild weak fish grillsellmorefoodDined on 5/30/2014Service was terrible. Food was average at best. Overall super disappointed with the entire experience.Special Features:
- HungryBobVIPDined on 5/30/2014Great place would definitely come here again. Kevin our waiter was very attentive .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; Pricey WineLookingforexcellenceDined on 5/28/2014Really nice fish dishes with excellent presentation. Wines somewhat $$$.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfish never disappointsCathygVIPDined on 5/25/2014we met friends and ordered the salmon and sole both were more than enough and crispy on the outside; tender, juicy and flaky on the inside. sides of asparagus, stuffed potato and spinach paired nicely with the main dish. 1/2 of my meal, side and desert was taken home. our waiter actually waited and was really patient realizing that we haven't seen our friends in a few months and really wanted to catch up. oh, i almost forgot to mention the crusty old fashioned bread! yum. thanks wildfish for a great night.Special Features:
- JTFoodieJTFoodieDined on 5/23/2014We visited Wildfish during Restaurant Week and were overwhelmed with the astounding service and the food, as always, was amazing! Definitely need to return soon - best food in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Here - Yay!AletheaVIPDined on 5/23/2014I really enjoyed my Blue Point Oysters, Asian BBQ Salmon Entrée, Brussel Sprouts w/Bacon, and Banana's Foster dessert. Entrée was prepared as ordered. I'm already planning my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My #1 in ScottsdaleTheHubVIPDined on 5/22/2014I have dinned at the Wild Fish many times over the past few years. I find my self always going back. The fresh oysters, Batterfried oysters and Lobster tacos appetizers are to die for. My favorite entrée is the Chilean Sea Bass (Steamed Hong Kong Style). My favorite side dish is the Brussels Sprouts, Bacon and Shallots. The staff is so friendly and accommodating at the same time, you feel so special. The manager, I think his name is Damon is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014My wife and I dined here through restaurant week and were amazed at the excellent cuisine and we will definitely be returning. Thank you for a great dining experience !!Special Features:
- DaveDined on 5/20/2014Went on the Arizona Restaurant Special to try to find good fish in the Phoenix area. Were surprised that only two items on the special menu were fish. The lemon sole was very good. Appetizers were both good, so was dessert. Service was very attentive and prompt.Special Features:
- The following 1311 reviews are from the Wildfish Seafood Grille - Scottsdale reviews archive.
- islandboyislandboyDined on 5/19/2014Swanky spot in Scottsdale. Each dish from salads to entree was cooked perfectly. Service very attentive. Had the Chilean Seabass which I would HIGHLY recommend. Wine list is unfortunately not adequate for choices or high quality to match the food. Don't plan on leaving for less than $300 for 2 at dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swordfish and SaladMargiDined on 5/18/2014The chef has even discovered a way to improve a classic seafood salad. The swordfish was perfect. A warm and friendly restaurant with superb food and a must for our next visit to Scottsdale.Special Features:
- Great food with a CatchtsmithvaVIPDined on 5/18/2014Followed advice from folks on Trip Adviser and booked a reservation while on a business trip to Scottsdale. The food definitely lived up to the billing, but the wait staff/kitchen timing was, in a word, abysmal. The wait staff tried to blame it on the kitchen -- "it's slammed," but it could just as well have been/more than likely was the wait staff failing to give the kitchen the order timely, as the restaurant on a Sunday night (late - ish) was only about half full. I'd give it another try (the food was that good), but I would definitely be more assertive from the get go about my expectations with the staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Birthday DinnerWineNDineDined on 5/17/2014We dined here for a friends birthday dinner. Our server Ramone was professional and efficient. He recommended multiple items off of the menu and wine list (several of which we ended up ordering) and they were delicious! At the end he brought out a lovely birthday dessert with a candle! From the waitstaff to the bussers our service was exceptional, we never waited for a thing. Would definitely dine here again for our next special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrianDined on 5/17/2014Wildfish is one of those restaurants that you can always count on for having excellent food and service. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUEL US INTO THE NIGHTsvelte21Dined on 5/17/2014SMART AND TRENDY, THE FOOD FITS INTO THE ATMOSPHERE WITH GUSTO. REFINED TASTES TOP OFF THIS WORLD OF GOURMET ENTREES AND THE EVENING ENDS ON A CHOCOLATE DISH OF PRIDE, WARM STREAMS OF SWEETNESS TO FUEL US INTO THE NIGHT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- normhDined on 5/17/2014Went there last night for the Phoenix Restaurant Week and an anniversary . The atmosphere, food and service were the best. All the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service done wellJustAnotherDinerDined on 5/16/2014We were pleased with our dinner here. The service was exceptional. They waiter paid a lot of attention to making sure all the dishes were timed properly. Our water glasses were always full. And our requests were responded to promptly. Our waiter could have tried a little less hard to be funny, though. The food was excellent. I had the crab cake, the lobster bisque, and the swordfish entree. Before the meal, bread was served warm with a nice herb butter. Unfortunately, I did not have room for dessert, but for my daughter's birthday they served us a complementary Bananas Foster, which they lit into flames at the table. The only negative on the atmosphere is that the outside patio looks out onto a wide, busy street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday / Anniversary DinnerJeffroDined on 5/14/2014We had a very good experience at the Wild Fish Grill. Rose petals on the table and a complimentary dessert for our special occasion. I would recommend to others looking for a nice seafood dinner with a loved oneSpecial Features:
- Nice place to visit but not oftenCaptHerpDined on 5/14/2014I took my date to Wildfish because my friend suggested going there -- she likes seafood, which is something I grew up with. Since I'm always looking for a new place to visit I made reservations. The staff was impeccable in manners and appearance, and the food was well-presented and prepared well. My one complaint is that (perhaps I'm out of touch) normally entrees come WITH something (vegetables, rice, potatoes) as part of the meal. This isn't the case here. Their options were just OK for sides. I decided to try the grilled Brussels sprouts for mine, and found them much too tough for my liking. I would pass if I went there again. Overall a nice time, a bit pricey, and not a regular place to go.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerSonny11Dined on 5/11/2014The service was on point when we first arrived. By the time our dinner was served, a group of 10 was seated next to us and our server seemed to forget we existed. For a moment, we had another server come by and take our dessert order, but then she disappeared as well. We were served cold coffee with our very average dessert. We could hardly get the attention of our server. I had given our server my credit card and he still brought us the bill forgetting he had my credit card. I've been there before and received better service, I wish I could say the same for this visit especially considering the holiday.Special Features:
- Excellent Service!KgottiDined on 5/11/2014We have celebrated Birthday and now Mother's Day there and our experience was great from start to finish. They really went over and above to make our dinner special. They accommodated our seating requests, had good recommendations, were attentive and professional, offered an amazing complimentary birthday desert, gave roses for the Moms on Mother's Day, and had a manager come by our table to ensure we had a good experience there! Love this place, will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time @ WildfishMikeDined on 5/10/2014We had an absolutely fine time at Wildfish, with the service, food and quality all being outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wildfish ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Wildfish was great for myself and my family. The food and the service was great and we had a great evening at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Delightful NightjujuDined on 5/10/2014My mother selected this restaurant after checking out other restaurants that mainly serve fish. Having dined in many high end restaurants in Manhattan I was delighted with her choice. Our server, Michelle, was extremely knowledgeable about your selections of wines and which wine would enhance my entree. Another plus for Wildfish Seafood Grille we didn't feel rushed and we all had an enjoyable evening. I will gladly recommend this restaurant to any of my friends who happen to be visiting Phoenix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.