Katie Mullen's Irish Restaurant & Pub
1550 Court Place
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Katie Mullen's Irish Restaurant & Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.katiemullens.com/
- Phone: 3035730336
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Tristan Schmidt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Irish/American cuisine.
- Entertainment: Live music patio (Friday Happy Hour). Friday and Saturday night 9.30pm to close
- Special Events: We can cater for all parties! No party is too small. Our indoor capacity is 566. We have various semi-private areas. No reservation fee, no booking charges, no deposit required. Contact: Caroline Collins to discuss - Telephone: 303.573.0336
A word from Katie Mullen's Irish Restaurant & Pub
Katie Mullen's is a uniquely Irish Bar and Restaurant encompassing four bars and four themed experiences spanning over 11,500 sq feet. Katie Mullen's brings an inventive yet traditional mix of Irish and American cuisine and prides itself on quality food, drink and customer service. With seating for over 550 people and showcasing the largest patio on 16th Street Mall, Katie Mullen's Irish Restaurant and Bar provides the ideal setting for all occasions from business lunches to family celebrations to large corporate events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Katie Mullen's Irish Restaurant & Pub - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Katie Mullen's Irish Restaurant & Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (5)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- What's going on?YumsterDined on 11/27/2013Made a rez, arrived on time... No one came to seat us... We sat down... No one brought us menus... Waited a few minutes... No one asked if we wanted drinks... So we left. Not a lot going on, but for a fairly early Wednesday night, kind of weird.
- Excellent Irish!saurontallousDined on 10/4/2013The best Irish restaurant in Denver. My wife and I both LOVE this place and try to make a point to come back as often as possible. The first time we went I made an online reservation and in the Special Request section I asked them to leave a special love note from me to my wife and they did just that. Made my wife's night!!Special Features:
- Wonderful!SuftkoDined on 9/9/2013The entire evening was great! Great food, great beer and the environment was awesome! Definitely will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Irish pubOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2013Really enjoyed their patio until it started to rain. We were there on a Sunday night so it was quiet. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. The food was good but very slow coming considering they were not that busy. We will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for many occasionsKerryDined on 8/31/2013While it was just my husband and I for dinner, Katie Mullen's would be great for a large group gathering (they have a large seating area in the back for that sort of thing), business lunches, ladies' night, boys' night, and everything in-between. While I wouldn't say this restaurant isn't kid-friendly, it's not really oriented toward children either. The food is fantastic, you can find traditional Irish fare as well as American options. The lamb in the Irish Stew melts in your mouth and the Dry Rub Pork Chops are an unexpected, tasty gem. I had the Shepherd's Pie on a previous visit, and it is the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for group get togetherDannyDined on 8/22/2013On short notice we asked to reserve a table for a dozen coworkers to celebrate an individual's career milestone - retirement. We new that there was a potential for additional coworkers to attend and the wait staff was very accomodating. Everyone's meal order arrived promptly and we were able to have a lively celebration with excellent food.Special Features:
- Food was great! Service wasHavnFunInDenDined on 6/28/2013Food was great! Service was fantastic. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great atmosphere.ARC719Dined on 6/17/2013Great food and great atmosphere. It wasn't very busy so getting a table was easy. We happend to get there in time for happy hour. Had a great menu and good food. It was a beautiful Denver evening to enjoy an outdoor table with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet with friendsFredDined on 6/3/2013Whenever I have friends come 'into town,' I always take them to Katie's. The food is great, the service is wonderful and the atmosphere is just right. I've never had a bad experience at Katie's.Special Features:
- name of serverhamhock70Dined on 5/24/2013Had a great time. Only succession I have is the staff could tell us their name(s). Its not a big deal, but I fine it nice to know the name of the person who is serving me. Plus, it can lead to bigger tips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!!!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2013I have been to this restaurant many times and I have never been disappointed. The service, food, and atmosphere combine to make this a fun place to dine. There was live music on Saturday night, with a very good band. I recommend this restaurant to friends and strangers without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and drinks but didn'tShmeckDined on 5/18/2013Good food and drinks but didn't put our food order in for about 35 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lunch ever!GVVSDined on 5/14/2013This was a business lunch with 4 of my co-workers. We all ordered something different and all agreed the food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good Service..butJanWDined on 5/12/2013Enjoyed the food. We sat at a table on the patio. It was nice Except for theSmokers. Apparently, since this place is considered a Pub patrons are allowed to smoke outside at the managers discretion. I won't be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good irish servicediysteveDined on 5/4/2013Booked online 45 minutes before when we wanted eat, greeted with my given name when entering, welcomed, food delivered fast and to a high standard. Great Irish bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce Irish Pub...SherrywDined on 5/4/2013Loved the amosphere. We had lunch. I think it would be fun at night, as they had several stages for entertaiment. It would be good for a group, too. Ordered the fish-n-chips, they were good.Special Features:
- Be sure to try their bread pudding!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/19/2013We were in Denver for a conference and walked over from our hotel the last night to this gem. What a great find! Next time in Denver, this will be our FIRST stop, not our last!!Special Features:
- Downright Wonderful!!! Food,staffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013Downright Wonderful!!! Food,staff will be a regular and recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- Very busy day. (St. Patty's)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Very busy day. (St. Patty's) but our server kept up. Samantha, I believe. She was very nice and friendly. Our table was a bit crowded because of the activities, and we should have ordered food after the band came through, but we liked the experience. I want to come back at a not so busy time and see Samantha again!!!Special Features:
- Thi a good restaurant to peoplebarbaraleekatDined on 3/6/2013Thi a good restaurant to people watch. The staff was friendly and the food was good.Special Features:
- Was a bit noisy. There wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/2/2013Was a bit noisy. There was a wedding going on in the next room, so I imagine its not always like that. The food was excellent. Service was good. I think we got the new guy. We had a difficult time deciding what to drink because of the extensive beer and whiskey list.Special Features:
- I took my friend here forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013I took my friend here for lunch cause she is from "over the pond" and remembered that you had mushy peas and I thought that would be a special treat for her. Well you no longer carry them but we got over it quickly and enjoyed the fish and chips and it was very good, the price was right and the service was quick enough that we were not late in returning to the office.Special Features:
- Satisfied, with minor disappoints..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013We went for the 5280 Restaurant Week. We consider ourselves somewhat "foodies". Not food experts by any means, but its a matter of "we know what we like". The waitress was extremely nice, but we did get our main entree a little too quickly after our appetizers and had to try and fit everything on pretty small high table. The food was decent, but not awesome by any means. We had to double-check the actual restaurant menu to see if we were getting a "deal" or not and if the food was actually worth the money. I expected my martini to be a little fancier looking, but it just came in a regular martini glass. Maybe I was expecting too much on that, but I guess I like my drinks to look a little fancy. Overall, a nice place. May or may not be back.Special Features:
- Had a small dinner prior toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013Had a small dinner prior to a show. Food was very good served timley. The wait staff appeared to be streched, was not attentive, when it came time to freshen drinks had to get his attention, likewise for the check.Special Features:
- I had the NY Strip this timeTazzVIPDined on 2/20/2013I had the NY Strip this time and different server. Sarah is great and very friendly as well. Steak was cooked perfectly and the sides were delicious. Once again David and his team came through very well.Special Features:
- This occasion was an oppositeTazzVIPDined on 2/15/2013This occasion was an opposite of my last one except for the service. Once again, Natalia was outstanding! I had the Lamb Kabobs - flavorful & cooked perfect, Fr Onion soup - excellent, & Shrimp Scampi app was real good as well (needs more garlic). Now I can say this place is a favorite. Thanks David (mgr) for the company and genuine concern for your business; it showed!Special Features:
- Will Try AgainmsfunnybonesVIPDined on 2/13/2013First time to Katie Mullen's. It was good, but I'd like to try it again. We have 2 pretty good Irish pubs closer to where we live, so in order to be drawn back to Katie's, it would either be on occasion to be downtown, or it would have to be better than the two I live near. So, I'd like to try it again. The food was good. The service - good. I don't have anything in particular to say about it, though. We'll try it again sometime for sure.Special Features:
- Have been to Katie MullensBreeVIPDined on 2/12/2013Have been to Katie Mullens many times and this time, as always, was a great treat! The food was wonderful, the service was great, and the staff was very friendly.Special Features:
- Fun Irish PubOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/9/2013A fun Irish pub right off 16th St. Mall. They have lots of pub food and tons of beers on tap. Good Happy Hour.Special Features:
- It's a very nice restaurant,TinaDined on 1/22/2013It's a very nice restaurant, very big. The food is good, there were 7 in our party and everyone was pleased with their food. Service was okay, I think our server was new, so a little slow, but he was trying and very polite.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere. Friendly.orlandoVIPDined on 1/16/2013Great atmosphere. Friendly. My NY srrip was very goodSpecial Features:
- Food was good; our waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2013Food was good; our waitress was attentive and respectful; an overall good experience for a business lunch.Special Features:
- This authentic irish pub isGwenVIPDined on 1/6/2013This authentic irish pub is located on the lowest level of the Sheraton hotel in downtown Denver. Great food and even greater ambiance! Will definitely return in the near future!(beware of the desserts as they are huge and delicious!)Special Features:
- NYEEMBODined on 12/31/2012We showed up on New Year's Eve w/ 5 ppl instead of the 4 ppl noted in our reservation. The place was packed and I just knew we'd have a long wait despite the reservation! They sat us at a spacious booth immediately!!! Service (Deanna? Diane?) was excellent. We ordered 2 apps and 4 entrees. Food ranged from so so to excellent. The place was LOUD. We couldn't really converse at our table by it WAS NYE. We will return!Special Features:
- We were there for New Year'sJennyDined on 12/31/2012We were there for New Year's Eve dinner, so it was really busy. The food was great, our kids were treated very well, and it was a fun place to be on New Year's!Special Features:
- Good, but a little sparsePattypDined on 12/31/2012While the food was good, half the members of our group of six left hungry. For the price, I would hope for a little more food.
- We went to Katie Mullen'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012We went to Katie Mullen's on New Years Eve and the food was delicious. Best bangers & champ in town. Our 3 yr old daughter had a great time too. They had a live band that night and the environment was lively & fun.Special Features:
- Every bite was delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2012Every bite was delicious! We sampled several appetizers and our party of six shared bites of all of our entrees. Wonderful service! Very nice place. We can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Following a Sunday matineeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/2/2012Following a Sunday matinee at the DCP we had dinner at Katie Mullen's. It was quiet and relaxed and our group enjoyed it immensely.The food was good and the service outstanding.Special Features:
- We had a reservation for 12OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/1/2012We had a reservation for 12 at 8.30pm. Our drink order was not taken until about 9pm and food order at about 9.30pm...than a took a whole other chunk of time to receive the food. Our server was friendly but seemingly overwhelmed with the crowd at the restaurant. I understand that downtown was busy due to the parade but feel that it is no excuse for such slow service.