Blue Spruce Inn
20 Main St.
Frisco, CO 80443Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Blue Spruce Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thebluespruce.com/
- Phone: 9706685900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Patrick Sullivan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: The back bar was built in Brunswick, New York circa 1860 and transported to Denver, and then by wagon to Black Hawk, Colorado, where it was once part of the Royal Flush Saloon. The bar was brought from Black Hawk in some thirty-odd pieces and reassembled here in the Blue Spruce Inn. We have live entertainment on weekend evenings.
A word from Blue Spruce Inn
The Blue Spruce Inn has been a Summit County dining tradition since the 1940’s and was voted Best Restaurant and Saloon in Summit County in 2010. We offer fine dining in a rustic log cabin atmosphere. Our menu encompasses the best steak, seafood and wild game as well as kobe burgers in the saloon. The entire staff of The Blue Spruce Inn welcomes you, and hopes your visit will be most enjoyable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Spruce Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (16)romantic (10)fit for foodies (8)scenic view (5)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We have been dining at The Blue Spruce Inn for over 30years! Have never had a bad meal & the service is always superb. when in the area we always enjoy going there.Special Features:
- Great food at a fair price!Mom2FourkidsDined on 12/30/2013My 11 year old son and I ate here last week. He had filet and I had a strip steak. BOTH meats were cooked perfectly. The desserts were great also. The only bad thing that happened was that the waiter asked us if we wanted a salad and we both said yes. But the waiter did NOT say that there was ANY charge for the salads - we probably would NOT have opted for one if we knew they were extra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday DininggaumenfreundeDined on 12/30/2013Finding a table for a large group between Christmas and New Year was a challenge. Unique, good food and not too loud were our main criteria - Blue Spruce Inn fit the bill on all counts! The saloon style bar was a great "Coloradoan" atmosphere for our out-of-state guests to enjoy a cocktail before dinner. Food was delicious! All the men raved about their steaks and the women were thankful the portions were "just right". Will definitely go back next time we have another large group visiting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013I always come away feeling really good about the experience including the interaction with the staffSpecial Features:
- My favorite Christmas giftww13Dined on 12/25/2013We were seated by the fireplace in this lovely log restaurant. I had the prime rib, which was perfectly cooked and my husband had filet mignon. Both were delicious, as were the side dishes. For dessert, we shared a double chocolate mousse, with white and dark chocolates. I am not a fan of white chocolate, but the combination worked well. I found it a little sweet, probably from the white chocolate, but it was light and airy and over all, a real treat! The wait staff was friendly, but clearly very busy, as it was the holiday. We were not kept waiting, but they were hustling a bit. The noise level was moderate, well within my tolerance. I hate noisy restaurants. Holiday decor made the evening perfect. We hope we can return again, soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Spruce Inn at Frisco, ColoradoCarylDined on 12/25/2013This is a wonderful little place to go on a winter evening. It is an authentic log cabin with a large fireplace and lacy white curtains. Very cozy! The food is good and the service is fine. We always make it on a ski trip to Breckenridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here for Christmas Dinner.BreckLocalDined on 12/25/2013Went here for Christmas Dinner. Exceedingly overpriced and poor food. Ate the one veggie option, which is a "polenta tower" doused in sauce that tasted like canned tomato soup. My partner ate a steak with gristle.This used to be a great restaurant. What happened?
- My wife and I were on a shortOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2013My wife and I were on a short visit from the UK and have dined here before. We choose it for our Thansgiving Dinner as it is fairly intimate, has good service and a traditional menu. In particular we really enjoyed our pre-dinner drink beside the open fire in the bar area. The happy hour is excellent value and not to be missed. The front (old) dining area is much nicer than the rear area, which is an open and slightly noisy room (hence the 4 stars). Also we thought our deserts were nothing to write home about (hence the 4 stars again), but this is only a very minor criticism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect Thanksgiving meal.lindsathVIPDined on 11/28/2013We had a wonderful evening! Food, other diners, and weight staff were all in holiday mode. The food was just like a home made meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend getaway in FrescoJulysizlVIPDined on 11/16/2013We were a party of 8. Restaurant called to verify tat we were coming. It was a blizzard onus it's but restaurant was war and inviting. Staff was very Friesland and our waiter was amazing! Knowledgeable about the menu and wine list, very accommodating and patient with our slightly drunken group! Food was wonderful. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMarilynWDined on 9/30/2013We thought about trying a new place but know the food and service is always great at the Blue Spruce and we weren't disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional valuekathyDined on 9/28/2013The surf and turf buffet was really good. I was surprised that the lobster tail was actually moist and tasty and not at all rubbery, didn't even need butter (though it was available). The peal and eat shrimp was very good and tasted very fresh. The only disappointment was the crab legs, as they were not exceptional; tasted as if was a bit of freezer burn.
- Great find anytime of yearRVretiredDined on 9/25/2013We found this place a number of years ago during a winter storm and had a very memorable night. Food, service and ambiance have been outstanding even during off season. During week of off season they have a limited menu but enough choices to satisfy all in our group. Cozy and delicious is how we describe it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always willing to work withKarenDined on 9/23/2013Always willing to work with you and make suggestions for food that appeals to you liking. Personable wait staff that has been there for years.Special Features:
- The food was very good andHawkDined on 9/15/2013The food was very good and the four of us had different dishes all were very pleased. The wine was very good also and was priced fair. We will continue to have dinner there and share it with other people..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried this restaurant again,BobRDined on 9/11/2013Tried this restaurant again, after several years. It will be years before we go back. Food was okay, but pricey. Our waiter was knowledgeable and personable, but he couldn't make up for a so-so restaurant. Wine list was short and, again, very pricey...some were three to four times what we are used to paying at retail stores.Special Features:
- Recommended by a friend...JanlakeDined on 9/4/2013This is a casual dining place with elegant dining food in a gorgeous mountain setting. Servers were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but in need of serious updatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2013Food was good, but not great. Or maybe it was better than good, but the overall atmosphere detracted. It has been over 12 years since I last visited Blue Spruce. Some serious attention to the place is seriously needed. I may go back, but its not on my list of must do's.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2013We wanted to eat here for lunch but they only were open for dinner. We left the area but came back specifically to eat here. We weren't disappointed, it wasworth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service - friendlyMaryDined on 8/13/2013Excellent service - friendly and attentive waiter. Facility - has an old musty smell - not too appealing. Food was okay - steak and fish was over-cooked - should not be. Overall experience was good.
- Great food. A little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2013Great food. A little pricey but expected in vacation area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous menu and food!italian1Dined on 7/22/2013My friend and I were there on a quiet night between summer events at Copper Mountain. The variety of food was amazing. I had Steak Diane and my friend had Elk, and we were both very pleased with our meals. There was a great dessert menu as well, and we were not disappointed! The ambiance was old world, traditional. We were in heaven!Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2013We had a very enjoyable dinner at Blue Spruce Inn. The food was fresh and prepared well. Worth going back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Town GemColoradojewelDined on 7/14/2013The Blue Spruce is one of my favorite restaurants in town. The food choices are fabulous and the wait staff are fun and friendly. I always take friends here when they come to visit. My dad does not live here but when he visits he insists on going every time. Don't forget to try the desserts, the mud pie is my favorite!Special Features:
- noise level was really high,jojoDined on 7/13/2013noise level was really high, not energetic, almost had to yell and table very tiny.. but overall service and food were very good, so most likely will come back but only special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful experienceSchneitmVIPDined on 7/11/2013Always a wonderful experience at Blue Spruce Inn. The have a plethora of meat & seafood dishes to choose from and despite the fact that there is only one vegetarian option, it is incredible & worth getting every time! Great atmosphere and the staff is always very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2013The atmosphere here is very laid back, shorts and t-shirt would be fine, but the food is 5 star!! We loved it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this restaurant!houstonvisitorDined on 7/5/2013We can understand why this restaurant has been open since 1947! walked by one night and smelled delicious steak, so made a reservation the following night (good thing, too because the place was busy!) Food was delicious! He had the filet, I had the red trout. Dessert was wonderful, as well. We will definitely be back when we visit next summer! A little on the pricey side, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint with great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2013This rustic old building has been converted to a warm, quaint place. My husband loved the lobster Oscar pasta dish which was a special for the day. My salmon was very tasty! Wine was a nice complement. The waiter was attentive and offered suggestions on request. Atmosphere is casual "mountain" with a warm cabin feel. Definitely will return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can always count on this one!KatmanchewDined on 7/5/2013You will always get great food and great service here.Special Features:
- great food eperiencecasualdinerDined on 7/4/2013Food was great. Beer on tap is from a local brewery and was very good. Trout was very good and steaks were some of the best we have ever had. Overall a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Small town gemNightoutDined on 7/4/2013Best dinner...steak cooked perfectly and special request sides were accommodated without upcharge for substitution. Great service..waiter really on top of everything. Would go back without a question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Quaint SettingFirstSisterDined on 7/4/2013Second time at the Spruce and the food was very good and the waiter attentive. First time had a filet that was wonderful and this time had the Fresh Grilled Trout. Loved it. Have a decent wine list as well. Variety of foods to appeal to everyone. Even a vegetarian polenta option. Had a wonderful little window table for two with fresh flowers. Waiter Andy was very attentive and quite a character. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Altitude, High CostKorwinDined on 7/2/2013White tablecloth dining located in a historic inn on main street. Service was excellent, food came out quickly and steak doneness was as requested. For the price, the steaks lacked the exceptional quality expected from a high priced steak house, but were better than average "Outback" or "Hoffbrau" chain. The menu posted on the website was not up to date with what was handed out. Like everything else near the ski resorts, prices are higher, perhaps here more so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here is always great.MarilynWDined on 4/27/2013The food here is always great. Love the cabin feel of the place.Special Features:
- It was absolutely wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013It was absolutely wonderful. I will surely be back. The food was melt in your mouth good. Great service. Warm atmosphere! Great place!Special Features:
- We arrived a little aheadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2013We arrived a little ahead of our booked time and had a very pleasant pre-dinner drink in the bar area by a open log-effect fire. This was particularly good value as it was "happy hour". The dinner in the quieter front room was very good (as usual) and the staff were most attentive after an initial wait due to a mis-understanding. We were offered a free course due to this long wait to be served, which was good service recovery. The menu is quite varied and the food tasty and hot. We shall go again when we are over from the UK again.Special Features:
- My family and I had an enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/13/2013My family and I had an enjoyable experience at the Blue Spruce Inn. We started with a shared appetizer of scallops which were perfectly prepared followed by steaks which were tender and an excellent value. The service was friendly and attentive. We will come back next time we are in the area
- Probably the best value ofBayAreaNativeVIPDined on 3/5/2013Probably the best value of the 5 different restaurants we ate in in the Frisco/Dillon area over a week. Cozy little place fitting the mountain mining town vibe of Frisco. Water and bread service were excellent and the waitstaff relaxed and engaging without hovering. Prime Rib was really outstanding. Wine list reasonable though maybe just a little overpriced. Noise would vary upon the crowd given the small size of the main dining room. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- The Blue Spruce Inn has beenTravelerReviewVIPDined on 2/23/2013The Blue Spruce Inn has been a favorite of mine for over 20 years. The food was good, the service a little out there and the restaurant itself hasn't changed in 20 years. An appropriate remodel would do the restaurant good. Also, missing from the menu were exotic, wild game, elk, buffalo, etc.Special Features: