150 E. 50th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mintny.com/
- Phone: 2126448888
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:45 AM - 11:30 PM Saturday - Friday 11:45 AM - 12:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Gary Sikka
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Catering Available. Please Call for Call
- Private Party Facilities: Buy Out Available. For Details call Chef Gary
- Private Party Contact: Gary Sikka 9172084027
- Special Events: Private Events Available. Please Call
A word from MINT
The only Indian restaurant to be awarded by Time Out New York. The 110 seat restaurant is located within the newly renovated San Carlos Hotel with a street and lobby entrance. The exotic atmosphere whisks you to Southeast Asia as soon as you open the door and spot the stone waterfall cascading down the wall. Orange, red, and fuscia drum lights are snuggled together throughout the long dining room, and painted panels of mint, yellow, and green hang over striped banquettes. There is a semi-private room complete with audio video equipment that seats 12. Mint is a labor of love for Gary Sikka, and he is taking great pride in bringing an exemplary dining experience in an atmosphere that is both tranquil and exhilarating. The definition of mint is "an aromatic refreshing herb that serves as a central ingredient in accompaniment sauces in Indian cuisine." That can also be said of the new restaurant that is its namesake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
MINT reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (7)romantic (5)great for lunch (5)good for groups (4)special occasion (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Delicious Indian FareUniversitymomVIPDined on 1/16/2014Subtle layered flavors, wonderful buffet at lunch with variety. Solicitous waitstaff and reasonable prices. A wonderful meal!Special Features:
- Should bemidtownVIPDined on 1/8/2014More popular. Though service can be slow the food is surprisingly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back.JerseyKVIPDined on 1/1/2014This couldn't have been a better dining experience - and it was a warm oasis on a cold night. The food was wonderful. I had some courses I'd never had before, and they were so good that I don't know if I'd ever order anything else there.Special Features:
- Really good food, surly serviceLadiesWhoLunchDined on 12/4/2013My group of 5 professional women friends met at Mint for an annual holiday lunch. we had the buffet, which was excellent, and ordered a few a la carte items, with great difficulty and attitude. No one wanted to take our order. Some things arrived, some did not. In response to one of our requests, the waiter answered "Whatever." That was certainly a first for me. The food, once we coaxed it out of the staff or got it ourselves at the buffet, was truly delicious. Too bad about the staff. Caveat emptor.
- Good dinner..annaVIPDined on 11/9/2013This restaurant is as good as any other Indian ones in the area. Nothing exceptional. When we got there, it was almost empty, but he still refused to seat us until the entire party arrived. When i insisted and stated that I was ready to order, only then did he seat us at our table. The service was quick. The cocktails are not exceptional. The mojito was OK. The drink that my friend ordered was bad - something with berries. The Chilli fish was good. The Lamb saag and Daal Makhni was ordinary.Special Features:
- Excellent Indian FoodaberichDined on 11/4/2013Our favorite Indian restaurant in NYC. The food is excellent and the service is efficient and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServicePezFanVIPDined on 10/11/2013Great food with tons of veg options for a group with mixed tastes. Yum! to the paneer tikka masala and yellow lentil dishes. Service started off well (wine we wanted wan't available so they offered a substitute -- regularly $10 more -- for the same price). We weren't ready with an order the first time someone came to the table and it went downhill. Each visit to the table made things worse. When a place isn't crowded and it's early in the night, don't rush the guests to order and save the eye rolling for where they can't see it.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantFoodguruDined on 10/10/2013This is a wonderful neighborhood restaurant. Food is excellent and the ambiance is wonderful. Lovely for a neighborhood evening out.Special Features:
- Good food but way too expensive.DrNeuroVIPDined on 9/28/2013Good food but way too expensive. not worth the money. service was mediocre.Special Features:
- We had Chicken Samosas andPompeyNYCDined on 9/27/2013We had Chicken Samosas and Lamb Seekh Kebabs as starters, well presented. Mains were Chicken Jafrezi and Lamb Nilgiri. Excellent quality meat as always. Nice quiet ambience, pleasantly busy with no pressure to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itCamilleDined on 9/21/2013I absolutely had a wonderful time at Mint. The decor is modern and swanky, the food is delicious, and the staff is courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFoodieLoverDined on 9/20/2013Came here for business lunch. Had the lunch buffett..Food was good...not great..nothing exceptional to write home about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Indian FoodTQ5425Dined on 9/14/2013We took our friends and our kids, and everyone enjoyed the delicious menu. The kids loved the naan and lentil soup and we are savored the remarkable lamb and real goat curry dishes. Best Indian food that allows items for kids to enjoy as well. Definitely worth a try and phenomenal neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/1/2013We had a lovely dinner. Food was amazing and service great. We will return soon again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 8/15/2013My friend and I wanted to try Mint so we went during Restaurant Week. The food was ok but they didn't have the only dessert option we were interested in having, didn't offer a substitute and we still had to pay the full amount. It left us with a bad taste and we will not be returning.
- ExcellentDeliciousDined on 8/9/2013I booked with open table and I really was empress.I had a group date night with my co-workers and they were totally blown away,the ambiance,service and food was excellent.I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is open minded and want to try Indian Food,Mint is it.Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Disappointed .....AmyElizabeth9369Dined on 8/8/2013We were so excited to try this place during NYC restaurant week, but it was such a disappointment. We have both spent time in India and loved/love the cuisine so much that we are constantly trying to find a good Indian restaurant in New York City. Unfortunately, MINT was not it. ALthough the ambiance looks lovely in the photos online, it was horrible inside due to no AC in August and two huge loud parties. We could barely hear each other speak. The food was also lackluster - mild and boring. We spent 160.00 and there was not one positive element in our experience. We really missed the mark when we selected this place. We will not return.
- Great lunch buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2013Terrific lunch buffet, including Lasuni Gobi. Nan was super fresh. Will definitely try this again sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/25/2013We went there during their Happy Hour and had the best Apple Martini ever. The manager was kind enough to give us good recommendations (Lamb Nigi and Chicken Korma). My boyfriend is German and it was nice of the manager taking our order in German. Amazing and will return very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian in the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/25/2013I have eaten at Mint numerous times. They are hands-down the best Indian restaurant in the city and at par with the best New Delhi (where I grew up) has to offer. Also has the rare combination of good food with good ambiance and service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious. MaitreOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2013Food was delicious. Maitre D and wait staff were very nice.Special Features:
- excellent lunch buffetFoodieNYCVIPDined on 6/17/2013A quick indian lunch, buffet style. This is my go to place in midtown when I need to entertain a vegatarian colleage. Great variety and the price is right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2013I love Indian food, so was really looking forward to going to this restaurant. Food was very good, not blow your socks off, but still very good. Main criticism would be of the staff. As soon as we sat down, we were approached by no less than 3 servers trying to take a drink order. My dining companion is an alcoholic (sober for over 20 years) so drinking was not really going to happen at our table. The servers seemed put off that we were not ordering drinks and their attitude for the rest of the evening was a mixture of indifferent & surly. Only a few tables taken in the restaurant & a very large staff, yet our service was pretty inattentive and not friendly at all. For a restaurant at this price level, I expect a little more in the service!
- Just delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/3/2013Recommended by friends, the food and service did not disappoint. Rosemary naan was flavorful and certainly unexpected to see on the menu. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit boringmadmagDined on 5/2/2013I found nothing wrong with our visit, but it was a bit boring. The food could be more spicy and the service could be better organized.Special Features:
- high quality and subtle flavorsdehillerinVIPDined on 5/2/2013Each time we return, we are pleased to see that the kitchen has that wonderful touch: best ingredients, careful and subtle spicing. Consistently wonderful. The service is a bit diffident, and that's consistent too.Special Features:
- Very Average RestaurantMrGordonDined on 4/30/2013Along with the food being very ordinary ( nothing wrong but nothing special ) from the time you are greeted at the door until the bill is settled it feels like you are more of a bother than a customer. Nothing specific but certainly not a welcoming establishment. We were only drinking water which may have been off putting to the servers. The room is boring. The food is boring and the waiters don't seem to be enjoying there jobs.
- When we sat at our table,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013When we sat at our table, we didn't get waited on until ten minutes. It was so noisy in there. Customer service was ok.
- Great food, menu has appropriateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2013Great food, menu has appropriate descriptions for those unfamiliar with Indian food, pricey (though that's probably appropriate for the area).Special Features:
- My wife and I are fans ofOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/19/2013My wife and I are fans of ethnic cuisines. Mint still ranks as one of the best Indian spots in the city (the best Naan for sure). Less posh then some, but they do a good job; you could easily do a business dinner or date there. The Goan fish, Mint Chicken, and Chili Lamb are among my favorites. Will be back again.Special Features:
- Fresh MintGolem212VIPDined on 4/16/2013There are not a lot of modern and evolved Indian restaurants in Midtown. Most of them are pretty average, but Mint rises above the pack. Their cocktail list is original and interesting, menu choices are flavorful and varied, and service is polite and friendly. It's the kind of place that works for a business meeting, casual dining, or even a first date.Special Features:
- The restaurant was good. I'veLauraVIPDined on 4/13/2013The restaurant was good. I've usually dined at the long island location which I prefer. The portions were smaller in comparison but the prices are a bit higher. We were a party of 4 and didn't like that the restaurant added a tip to the bill.
- Cheap quality food. Wouldn'tLaylo12VIPDined on 4/4/2013Cheap quality food. Wouldn't go back again. That was my first introduction to Indian cuisine, not impressed
- Excellent food. I had theOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/29/2013Excellent food. I had the Mint Chicken and Chili Lamb. The Mint Chicken was a great starter, cooked perfectly with spices that weren't too over powering leaving the tastebuds ready for the Chili Lamb's full onslaught of spices. The waiter was a bit unattentive and pushy, though that might just be a midtown NY thing.Special Features:
- Mint had a nice menu and wonderfulAmandaVIPDined on 3/24/2013Mint had a nice menu and wonderful staff and the food was good also. My only problem with this restaurant is that for the quality and amount of the food, I don't believe it was worth the prices that they are asking. We have had comparable Indian cuisine that was not nearly as expensive.Special Features:
- Food was great...waiters cateredOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Food was great...waiters catered to all your needs and even charged my phone with there charger while I enjoyed my dinner. Chicken tikka masala is soooooo good....I usually go to the one in garden city but the city location is trendy n smaller but perfect!!!Special Features:
- Food amazing as usual. NewOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/21/2013Food amazing as usual. New head waiter very grumpy almost nasty. Don't let him annoy you. Buffet can't be beat!Special Features:
- Food was good. Nothing wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Food was good. Nothing was included, you paid for the rice, yogurt condiment, all as separate add on's. Quite expensive for Indian food.
- MINT has some of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/16/2013MINT has some of the best Indian food you will ever taste. ery nicely decorated and good service but GO FOR THE SUPERB FOOD!!!! e will definitely go back.Special Features:
- I have been going there forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2013I have been going there for years and the food is always great.Special Features: