4500-C Tassajara Road
Dublin, CA 94566Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cococabanadublin.com/
- Phone: 9255569055
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 4PM - 10PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Sadaf Shaghasi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer catering for weddings, parties, business meetings and any other events. We customize all menus with the guest to ensure full satisfaction.
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet Room for up to 60 people sit down is available.
- Private Party Contact: Sadaf 9258583007
- Special Events: Nice elegant banquet room for parties up to 60 people. Also, outdoor patio for parties up to 50. We customize menus to fit your budget.
A word from Coco Cabana
A unique dining experience inspired by the majestic flavors of all Latin American countries. Coco Cabana is the latest blend of modern Latin heat and flavor. Offering a relaxed and elegant dining experience, throughout the restaurant and lounge, with an extensive tapas and regular menu for everyone. Fresh fruit sangrias, mojitos, local wines and specialty cocktails will highlight the bold flavors of the cuisine. Come eat, drink & relax @ Coco Cabana.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Coco Cabana - Best Restaurants in Dublin ›
Coco Cabana reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (26)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (17)great for outdoor dining (15)great for lunch (15)hot spot (13)romantic (13)late-night find (12)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Party of FiveMimiDined on 4/4/2014We had a fabulous girls night! Good food, fantastic wine and lots of laughter!Special Features:
- Good solid restaurant. Very noisy.DKfor4Dined on 3/29/2014Great food. Great atmosphere. Don't sit in the side room - acoustics are horrible and it is way too noisy! We asked to move rooms - after some persistent requests, they accommodated....Thank You! I would have given solid four star across the board if noise was not an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cabana Hot SpotSelectiveDined on 3/15/2014I love the service, very prompt. varieties of food preparation.Tapas were the best.Tomato Curry soup, finger licking. Affordable wine. Perfect for groups.Special Features:
- We were there for three hours.Julia94551Dined on 3/15/2014We were there for three hours. Never felt rushed to leave the table and they even served us coffee after we had paid our bill. Server was really nice. Food was really good. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place i keep forgetting aboutLouDVIPDined on 3/15/2014This place is seriously about 1/4 mile from my home and everytime i find myslef eating there keep asking myslef why i dont go there often. Food is excellent. Tapas give you a great choice and selections. I made the mistaken of also ordering an entree, which although good, was too much food. Sangria is amazing. Decor is excellent. Service was amazing,.Special Features:
- Coco Cabana a very nice experienceLoraineJoshVIPDined on 3/15/2014Really enjoyed an afternoon lunch outside at Coco Cabana. The menu was so extensive that I couldn't make my mind up on what to order. I ended up with a salad with the grilled shrimp and my friend had a couple of good veggie dishes recommended by the waiter. One was the curry; absolutely delicious. Will definitely be back. Worth the drive from Oakland.Special Features:
- We were seated right away,Luv2eatVIPDined on 3/14/2014We were seated right away, waited for about 5 minutes before anyone came to the table to acknowledge us. We asked for water with lemon first. They brought water only, no lemon. We asked for lemon again, no lemon was brought. The waiter came 15 minutes after we were seated, we ordered and once again asked for lemon for our water. He said "ok" but never brought it. We finally waved down another waiter and asked for lemon (for the 4th time) and he brought it. We were at the restaurant for a total of 35 minutes before our lunch was served, ultra slow service. But the food was decent.
- Fine dining with night life actionenjoyinglifeagainDined on 2/28/2014Every last Friday at Coco Cabana's is filled with dancing/ DJ spinning music. It was quite a festive evening even though we just came to eat, but watching other people dance was quite another story. The food here is always great but if you want to get your dancing on, come to Coco's every last Friday of the month...You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay Dining in DublinDaddyODined on 2/19/2014Went to the restaurant with a group of friends. We initially were seated next to a very large and loud group of people using about half the restaurant. We asked to move almost immediately as we could not hear each other due to the group. We we reseated away from the group. Not sure why we we placed near the group to start with but kudos for quickly addressing the issue. Overall the food was good. I got a burger, others in the group got steak and chicken. Everyone appeared to enjoy their meal. The service was sporadic at best. Justin was our server. He took the orders and did not make a mistake, but four times we had to wave to him to get service. Overall this is an average restaurant with above average prices.Special Features:
- Yum!BethDined on 2/15/2014I really enjoyed all the tapas we tried. We only had tapas. The server was attentive, the hostess was accommodating. I didn't like the puff pastry or caramel flan chocolate cake desserts, otherwise I'd give 5 stars. Definitely looking forward to coming again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valintine dinnercriticalcriticDined on 2/14/2014To much money for the food and service would like to try it when it was not valentine night they were ready for the crowd out reservations were for 9:00 pm and we were promptly seated. The food almost came to fast we felt rushed a bit it was a five course meal they seamed to want to rush us although it was slowing down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedMaggieMaeDined on 2/4/2014We went to celebrate a friends birthday. We all ordered something different and were all very pleased!! The food server recommended the Garlic Cuban Chicken which was out of this world. The only negitive is that they need more lighting as the menues were very hard to read and the restaurant is very noisy so having a conversation is difficult! Next time I would request the back room where it seemed to have less noise.Special Features:
- Quirky but good foodLDSandfriendsDined on 1/31/2014Great place for a girls night out. Main dining room noise level is very high. Bar tender is very attentive. Lots of small plates that are fun and tasty. Stake was cooked to order. Waiter was cute and nice, but had some slips, Salad came with the entree, we had to remind him to bring our wine, he never brought one drink - brought something entirely different and didn't return with correct order, and then we had to waive him down to take our check. Friday night restaurant turns club at 10PM, however the music starts at 9PM, which raises the noise level more, and the patrons suddenly get younger. I think this contributed to our waiters distraction during the later portion of our meal. For the food, I'd say give it a try. Go early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, but not the lastLynnWDined on 1/26/2014This was our first time at Coca Cabana, but it won't be our last. We met friends here for drinks and appetizers at lunchtime. All four of us loved it. While we didn't think it was quite as good as Oasis Grill, we want to come back and try some other menu items. The bartender was great. Loved the Forbidden Coco cocktail. As beautiful to look at as it was to drink. The music was nice and fit the ambience. Not too loud, so we could hear each other talk, which we appreciated. We'd like to come back in the evening next time. Looks like a fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSolutionDined on 1/24/2014We love this place. It is a sort of Spanish/American fusion. They have Tapas, which are small plates, sort of like appetizers. Our favorites were the Barbacoa Tacos and the Crab Cakes. And we always have the Sangria which is very tasty. We had a reservation for 5:00pm on a Frday night, which was probably not necessary as there were many tables open at that time. But it filled up quick. By 6:00 pm, all the regular tables were filled. By 6:30 the large group table was also filled. They are used to having large groups and can accomodate lots of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent serviceParkinsVIPDined on 1/22/2014The food is different and very tasty, but it is the outstanding service that keeps me coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to this restaurantSandyVIPDined on 1/10/2014We have been to this restaurant 3 times and I'm looking forward to our next visit. My husband and I ordered Mai Tais. They were perfectly mixed. We did it big this time starting with several appetizers. We had coconut shrimp, crab cakes, and meatballs. They were cooked perfectly. My son had the Angus beef sliders and they were absolutely delicious. I had a curry tomato soup and I just can't get it out of my mind. We had six different entrees, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal. The evening ended with a generous portion of cheesecake. Love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2014Great experience! Good variety of food and they have a great happy hour menu. Good choice of drinks and the pan dulce dessert is amazing! Get it with the caramel sauce...outstanding!Special Features:
- Great little place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/3/2014Can't believe I've never been to this place before. Perfect location to do dinner right before a movie since the theater is literally five minutes away. Great cocktails and tasty Tapas, especially if you like spicy food. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing specialgoingunsDined on 12/30/2013We have been there before and the good has been very good. But for some reason the last couple of times the good has been just OK. It still looks very good but I wouldn't pay premium for ordinary food. They need to up their game againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerBillDined on 12/24/2013Enjoyed Christmas Eve dinner at Coco Cabana, every dish was well done, and the service was great.Special Features:
- Bad ExperienceMarieBDined on 12/24/2013I've been to this restaurant before and always enjoyed the food. Went there on Christmas Eve and that will be the last time I go there. Service was slow, waitress stressed and abrupt, bartender obnoxious. When we asked for bread the waitress said they charge $1.00 for bread. No other restaurant does this but we said OK. She brings 5 small slices of a baguette and butter on a small plate. They also charged for refills on my sons roy rojers. The waitresses response was that the bartender won't make the drink unless she puts it through like that. Waitress dropped a full set of silverware on our table when I asked for a knife. It's a shame because the food is good but it is not worth putting up with their self-serving policies.
- As always great small platesnonameVIPDined on 12/20/2013As always great small plates and desserts. Service started out fine but tapered off. We waited for over twenty minutes for our desserts with no explanation. Friday night before the holidays was a bad choice as the noise level increased along with the amount of alcohol consumed to the point where you could no longer communicate with the others at our table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coco Cabana ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013This restaurant is actually a restaurant, bar, and lounge spot. I was expecting a typical dinner restaurant. Upon entry, you see probably one of the biggest bar/lounge areas. Definitely HIGHLY recommend making advance reservations like we did. We were a party of 2 and make 9:30pm reservations but arrived around 7pm and though the place was filled, we were able to be seated within 10 minutes as we were told. There was a private party booked that evening and our waiter happened to also be helping out with the private party the same time he was waiting on our table. Our food came out extremely fast (almost as if you were at a Vietnamese restaurant) but when it came down to finishing our dinner, our waiter took a while bringing our check.Special Features:
- A rare find in DublinOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/10/2013This one of the best Tapas restaurants in the Bay Area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not such a good experience,notafoodyDined on 12/8/2013Food had very little flavor and temperaturewise almost cold. Felt like leftovers from yesterday. The soup and bread was good.
- ExcellentBeckyDined on 12/8/2013It was my first time in Coco cabana wit my friends. I had no choice but to pick a restaurant since my friends are coming from Vallejo,Alameda,Castro Valley and I want them to come to Pleasanton . I reserved on line which was so easy and I kept passing by this restaurant and wondered if it is any good one. I am glad I made the choice because my friends liked it.Never realized I lived close to an elegant and good food restaurant. Will come back soon with my relatives for special occasions..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/5/2013We tried 5 tapas and every one of them were delicious and flavorful. We'll be back for sure. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy the food here.JoieDined on 12/3/2013Always enjoy the food here. Great mojitos!!! Invited a couple to join us this time and they were very pleased and said they will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday DinnerBdayBoyDined on 11/17/2013Had my birthday dinner here after wine tasting all day in Livermore. My party showed up a LOT earlier than expected but they accommodated us anyway. The food was very good and the service was fast and awesome!Special Features:
- Great food but very noisyVCorDined on 11/13/2013I would recommend this place to couples or families with older kids. If you have children or prefer a quiet place where you can have a nice conversation, this is not the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itTmazDined on 11/8/2013Food and service were excellent. It was just a little too loud for a romantic dinner. But it won't stop me from coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisynoisyDined on 11/8/2013The place was very noisy. Couldn't hear my wife speak. The chicken tasted dry and recoiled. We had to ask for a different table after being seated by the bar. The place was nicely decorated. Also the rice and drinks were very good.Special Features:
- We went for the tapas. OrderOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2013We went for the tapas. Order the meatballs, wings, shrimp and tacos yumm! Avoid the empanadas, they have a weird dill spice that we all had to spit out. Sadly no kids menu. They tried to serve spaghetti and meatballs but put clam sauce on noodles by mistake. Server did remove that from our ticket though. Not sure if we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly creative and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/3/2013We've been there numerous times and the food never fails to please us. The prices are reasonable and the level of cuisine is outstanding. Try the lamb with creamy rice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reception Icy but Server HotradjourneyDined on 11/1/2013For such a beautiful restaurant that has obviously invested a lot in the dining experience, it was surprising that the Hostesses and Bartenders lacked warmth, personality or hospitality. Our server had all of those traits, he was attentive, friendly and excited about the menu and our dining experience. Hopefully, the management will train the inexperienced first impression staff with the skills they so desperately need so that our next visit will have some consistency. Also, the bartender was spilling as she mixed drinks and didn't clean up the serving carafe or glasses before presenting them to us. The drink didn't taste quite right either. However, the food was fabulous and unique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous tapas!ChristianeDined on 10/24/2013We were visiting a friend in the bay area and her husband recommended this restaurant for our Girls' Night Out. It was perfect! The food was wonderful, the buffalo wings were unique but extremely memorable - battered and fried, yet light, moist and flavorful! We were talking about it all the way home to L.A.! The hummus and pizza were also very good! I ordered a steak and shrimp entree in addition to the tapas and it was perfect, melt in your mouth goodness along with 3 giant prawns! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limited happy hourdisappointedVIPDined on 10/17/2013The Happy Hour seems quite popular but the food choices very limited. The dinner salads are very nicely done.
- Lemondrop Cheesecake deliciousHappyDined on 9/15/2013This was the first time dining at Coco Cabana. I was one of a group of six. As much as we all enjoyed the entrees, the desserts were a wonderful finish to a great meal! I plan on going back just for the Cheesecake. Our waiter while very nice, seemed to be learning the trade. I was a little nervous when he was walking behind one of the ladies of our group with a full, teetering tray of drinks. Although it was nice not to have the waiter in our face while our group was "catching up", it would have been appreciated not to feel like we had been forgotten. All in all, a very nice restaurant that we plan to go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2013It's our 3rd time there for dinner and we were extremely pleased with our dinner choices once again. Just love the lamb skewers with creamy rice, the tomato curry soup, plantains, Arroz con Mariscos, Primavera salad, and the Lava Cake. Everything was sooo tasty. Love the Happy Hour drinks too.