The Greene House - Kierland Commons
15024 N. Scottsdale Road, Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Greene House - Kierland Commons
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foxrc.com/
- Phone: 4808899494x
- Hours of Operation:
Full Menu All Day
Sunday: 11am - 9pm
Monday – Thursday: 11am - 9:30pm
Friday – Saturday: 11am - 10:30pm
Sundays Half Price Bottles of Wine — All Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Raymond Suto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Greene House - Kierland Commons
Inspired by the great farms, markets and ranches of California, the menu at The Greene House will change seasonally and will feature simple, clean and uncomplicated dishes. Ingredients will be sourced locally whenever possible and freshness is of the utmost importance. A well chosen wine list features wines from boutique wineries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Greene House - Kierland Commons - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
The Greene House - Kierland Commons reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (49)great for lunch (47)neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (39)special occasion (22)great for brunch (15)good for groups (15)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (10)romantic (8)late-night find (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Fabulous meal, great valueMshbnyehudVIPDined on 5/21/2014Thoroughly enjoyed dining al fresco on a comfortable Scottsdale evening. Homemade pasta with shrimp was delicious. Wine selections are atypical, and fairly priced. Overall value is quite high. Service was attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- Good, not great..JLovesFoodDined on 5/17/2014Everything about this restaurant is just okay, if not underwhelming. I'd definitely go back, but I wouldn't crave it.
- Best foodluvtolunchDined on 5/13/2014My friend and I was having a late Birthday lunch celebration and we couldn't of chosen a better place. The service fun and professional, the food is thee best.Special Features:
- Mother's Day dinnerCarolynDined on 5/11/2014The Greene house was the perfect spot for me & my family to celebrate Mother's Day. We had never eaten there before & all three of us had fantastic food! Our server was Rachel she was very good! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it, but pricey for lunchDavidB1Dined on 5/11/2014We tried The Greene House for Mother's Day, and my wife and I both LOVED it. We dined on the patio, and even though it was windy they did a good job of minimizing the effects using clear plastic shades. The food was terrific (we both had the trout). It would be nice to have been able to order from a lunch menu though. For dinner, I think it is reasonably priced but for lunch it is quite expensive since you are ordering off of the dinner menu. One complaint though, is that we both had a glass of wine, and we found out later that on Sunday they offer 1/2 price bottles of wine...it would have been nice if our server had mentioned this to us. But I highly recommend it, especially for evening dining.Special Features:
- GemmyfaveDined on 5/10/2014The Greene House serves delicious food in a pleasant atmosphere with excellent service. They will accept half orders or allow two people to split an entrée, which is what most seniors would want to do since portions are large. Great for lunch or dinner!Special Features:
- LoveOkayDined on 5/3/2014Greene House is my go to place for Lunch on a Saturday or Sunday Afternoon, casual dinner with friends, or just a quick bite to eat! Love that they have more casual salad and sandwich options on their menu for lunch and some bigger entree options for dinner. A relaxed scene that can get "scottsdale" sometimes, still a great little gem in kierland!Special Features:
- Gem's lost its lusterVixnDined on 5/3/2014How disappointing to meet our friend for lunch this past weekend, only to have our experience tarnished due to poor service. Our server acted as though she was doing us a big favor to take our order. My husband and his friends had a great server several weeks before at this same location and enjoyed themselves. The food was tasty.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2014As always, GREAT food and good service, but this time the noise level was a bit disconcerting, especially as this was a romantic dinner with a friend. But it will not dissuade me from returning! Love this place!Special Features:
- Sunday dinnerSundayeateryDined on 4/27/2014Food and service were all absolutely wonderful. Fun ending to our weekend of company. Highly recommend to everyone. We enjoy the fresh appeal of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchluv2dineVIPDined on 4/27/2014We enjoyed the food and wine. Service was excellent. Beautiful way to spend a Sunday, especially with 50% off bottles of wine.Special Features:
- Too loudLetseat73Dined on 4/26/2014Reserved a booth and was given a table or the option of waiting 30 mins. This place was so loud my date and I could hardly have a conversation. Local craft beer was not cold and unfortunately not on draft (served in a can). Pork loin was mediocre and barely warm when served and kitchen was out of the horseradish potatoes that are featured with this dish. Fresh pasta and shrimp was good, chocolate desert was great and our server did a great job. Overall clean, nice establishment but too expensive and I really was not that impressed, probably won't be back.
- Exceptional Dining ExperienceNewlyretired2014Dined on 4/20/2014this is a gem of a restaurant! So happy we decided to have lunch there last week. Because of the great service and food, we opt to have Easter dinner there with my family. Easter dinner did not disappoint. From the time we were greeted, we knew we were in for a treat...we felt welcomed and enjoyed exceptional service, food & wine...the 50 percent off all wines all day on Sunday was an added bonus. I highly recommend The Green House - Kierland Commons for anytime casual dining to a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service!BarbDined on 4/20/2014Friendly servers, wonderful food, and half off bottles of wine on Sunday! What more could anyone want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice time on the patiodevinedinerDined on 4/20/2014It was not the best place for Easter brunch as it was not really a focus for them. But, they had availability, the patio was nice (and shaded) and wine was 1/2 price bottles. The staff was friendly and the food was fine, although neither extremely memorable. It is an easy choice for a casual Sunday if you need somewhere in North Scottsdale.Special Features:
- Food was excellent and portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/14/2014Food was excellent and portions were reasonable. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met up with some friends,LUHWNYDined on 4/14/2014Met up with some friends, caught up on travel and great spots in AZ to visit. Dinner was fine. We did not know you had to ask for bread some how that need to be conveyed to your guests. We wondered and ask at the end of the meal we would have preferred it in the beginning while we were all having drinks and conversation. LU-HSpecial Features:
- Just right!TomandEdDined on 4/13/2014For vegan-vegetarian-pescatarians the Green House was perfect for a later evening dinner. Kitchen and server was helpful adjusting to leave dairy out of the meal. Thank!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightTeresadDined on 4/12/2014Loved the restaurant, the food, the service and most of all that they take reservations!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBuddy13Dined on 4/9/2014We go to this restaurant for many special occasions because we are are always treated so well. WSe have never had a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/4/2014We were visiting from out of town, and wanted to take this restaurant home with us! Everything we ordered was delicious, with unusual combinations that worked (particularly the kale salad). Waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service, overcooked everythingsuzzDined on 3/29/2014Second time we have been here because we wanted to give it another chance. The pasta dish is wonderful except for the overcooked chicken, but out of a total of 6 entrees, it was the only one that was enjoyed. Mostly everything is overcooked even when asked not to be in our second visit. The waiter was a really nice guy, he just couldn't get anything correct and was not attentive, he even forgot to give us back our credit card & bill while running around for everybody else. (you still here? oh, sorry) Really wanted to like this place, just not interested in a third visit. Oh, BTW, open table really is great, we were able to get the time we wanted through it, when calling the restaurant they could only give a time an hour later.Special Features:
- Bad ExperienceTravelingmanVIPDined on 3/29/2014This use to be one of favorite Restaurants. Dependable and great food. therefore I can not fathom what happened The server was arrogant, misrepresented the menu items. As an an example, my Wife ordered the trout based on the server's raving about the presentation, describing a fish that crisp and wonderful. In reality the fish was mushy and limp, hardly fresh and crispy. Our friends ordered the fried calamari, it was fried , and probably refried, the end result was inedible. My wife want ice for her drink, it took not one but three requests ,and finally the ice arrived. This was not" Sam Fox's" finest culinary moment...
- LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2014Only drawback was that it was too loud to carry on a conversation. They could use some sound absorbing decore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!!!!SuuzgVIPDined on 3/23/2014We loved it here so much that we are going again on our last night of vacation!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible waitressDisappointingVIPDined on 3/22/2014I had been before and brought 2 others to enjoy a certain app. Absolutely the worst service!! Waitress could care less. Forgot to bring out appetizer and never responded to any requests for extra dressing or drinks. Food came and so cancelled the app. Food was good but can not recommend because of the rudeness of waitress.
- Friday night dinnerLizDDined on 3/21/2014I would give this place a B. thankfully we had reservations or there would have been quite a wait. The server was excellent and very quick. The wine was good, the food was pretty good but a little over priced ($24 for 3 scallops). The desserts were delicious!! A bit on the loud side. I would probably recommend this place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's All Good!Foodie12Dined on 3/21/2014I get treated well, get the same server - Eldon - who is perfect and does his job with authentic spirit. The hostess is warm and friendly every time. The menu is varied enough without being overwhelming. I love the alfresco feel of the restaurant, even when dining indoors. I would not change a thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceNewVectorDined on 3/21/2014Great menu, service and location for a wonderful dining experience. We have eaten at The Greene House several times and enjoy taking "out of towners" to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip this if conversation mattersDisappointedDined on 3/12/2014After several wonderful,early evening patio experiences, we looked forward to treating our friends with a 7pm reservation in the main room on a high season Thursday night. BIG MISTAKE. Too loud to talk , let alone think. Delightful waitress had her hands full. Menu selection minimal if you wanted a light and healthy meal ( ironic, eh?) Ambience of a high school cafeteria.Special Features:
- My friends enchiladas wereArizonaDined on 3/10/2014My friends enchiladas were great However, my wedge salad , ordered with grilled chicken and no blue cheese, first arrived with blue cheese and the chicken was very pink, not cooked properly. They redid, chicken now cooked but had an extremely strong smoked flavor which was never mentioned. When you offer grilled chicken, I don't expect smoked chicken with a finishing grill. I ate part of my friends enchiladas. My salad was awful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- noise is noiseillaDined on 3/9/2014As we were dining with another couple we could not take advantage of the patio for dining. The male counterpart does not like to eat outdoors. Big mistake. We got there after they did and were seated at a table directly in front of the open kitchen. The kitchen staff, with all their banging of pans or whatever it was could not have been any noisier. We do not consider this noise level to be rated "energetic". In fact, that is the biggest misnomer ever given. It was loud and grated on the nerves. Yes, we are all over 50, and for once, it would be nice to dine in a restaurant that wasn't "energetic".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!BarbDined on 3/9/2014Three people = three different menu items ordered = three outstanding reviews! Top the great food with great service, and it all adds up to a great restaurant experience. We're looking forward to our next visit, and the next time we'll take advantage of their offer of 1/2 off bottle of wine on Sundays. Although, their iced green tea was pretty remarkable!Special Features:
- Baked Brie appetizer was good WifePeterDined on 3/8/2014Baked Brie appetizer was good Wife ordered fish taco's that were bland, very disappointing. I ordered the chicken enchilada, good flavor but very little chicken, also very disappointing. Pricey meal for so-so mains.Special Features:
- Scottsdale favoritecityplaceVIPDined on 3/1/2014Lovely atmosphere and delicious food. Love the rainbow trout. Ate here twice on vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableKirkwoodtigerDined on 2/27/2014Always enjoy the food and service at Greene House. We make an annual trek to Westin Kierland and always make sure that this restaurant is on the rotation. All four of us enjoyed the meal and great raves on the pork tenderloinSpecial Features:
- Rocky TableGMRWDined on 2/27/2014Nothing worse than a rocky table you are siiting relatively low at. Otherwise goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!IlovefoodDined on 2/24/2014In town for a few days for customer meetings and dinners. The kale salad and scallops were faves, fresh and tasty! Great service and drinks also. I loved the cucumber Martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceHillsieDined on 2/23/2014Waited over an hour for our food. Just a terrible experienceSpecial Features:
- A little crampedOutoftownerDined on 2/22/2014Food and service very nice but experience marred by cramped parking spaces and then the table for two left little room for dinner. But still nice overall. The parking lot needs bigger spaces though. If I was a local I wouldn't be subjecting my car to the door dings that are inevitable for all who attend. Also puts you in bad mood before you even make it in the door of wherever you are going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.