30 Aulike St.
Kailua, HI 96734Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bacibistro.com/
- Phone: 8082627555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM.
Dinner: Daily: 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Reza Azeri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Baci Bistro
Kailua"s popular Baci Bistro serves "European cuisine with an Italian flair". While chef Reza creates mouthwatering dishes, his partner, Bill, greets diners at the door while the whole staff contributes to the friendly, family flavor of the restaurant. Baci Bistro is rather intimate, with an old-world atmosphere reminiscent of Rome and Florence. Guest have the option of dining inside with its atrium setting, on the covered lanai, or at the food bar where they can sit and watch Chef Reza work his culinary magic.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Baci Bistro - Best Restaurants in Kailua ›
Baci Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)great for outdoor dining (29)special occasion (28)romantic (24)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (9)good for groups (7)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Delicious Butternut Squash RavioliTinaDined on 7/17/2013For my second visit ever I enjoyed the butternut ravioli (ravioli/pasta special) and a taste of 2 salad specials for the day. Fresh tasty local greens, tomatoes, and cheeses! The opa serving was super generous; but a tad bit dry or overcooked. Will revisit again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baci BistroDougVIPDined on 7/6/2013We had a party of 6 seated outside. We were comfortable and could speak to everyone at the table. The food was very good and very fresh. The staff are friendly and there is ample parking behind the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BaciDougVIPDined on 5/31/2013One of the best Italian restaurants on Oahu. All the local fish dishes are made with fish right off the boat. The roasted pork shop is thick and flaverful. I consider it the best pork chop I have has anywhere. The pasta dishes make me feel as though I am back in Itally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Winward Gem!SteakLoverDined on 5/11/2013Great everything--menu, service, prices. You know it's great when you have a hard time getting out of the front door with so many people waiting to get in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good burrata salad but entreesRaynaVIPDined on 5/4/2013good burrata salad but entrees were a disappointment, nothing special
- Food and Service were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2013Food and Service were excellent. The restaurant is very small and fills up fast. Reservations definitely needed on a Sat night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional as always! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Exceptional as always! We love this place...dine there at least once a month. As we recently returned from a week in Rome and London, we have a current reference to validate the Euro authenticity! Buon Gusto!Special Features:
- Clearly the structure of reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013Clearly the structure of reservation planning at Baci is broke. We had 730pm reservations and at 730 there were at least 7-8 parties that also had similar reservations and no tables available. We were not seated until 55 minutes later at 825pm. Further, there was no acknowledgement that they were 55 minutes late in seating us. Simply acknowledging such or offering a glass of wine while we wait an hour for our table would have been the appropriate thing to do. This is not a new restaurant and should be better managed than this. Staff overall were nice and attentive once we were seated. Food is consistently good over the years.
- New staff needs training...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/19/2013Normally, I love my dining experiences a Baci Bistro. However, this particular trip I was sorely disappointed by the service. We had a new server who took every opportunity to remind us she was A) young and B) new. The first two mentions of her newness, I sympathized with her, to the point where my dining companion commented on my patience and understanding. Unfortunately, by the 15th time she mentioned her being new and apologizing for the umpteenth delay and necessitating a repeat of my requests, my patience and undertanding dissipated. I understand there is a learning curve when adding to your staff; however, I feel that there should be a minimum standard of service expectations so as not to take away from the customers' experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding food. ServiceJAGManDined on 4/19/2013Outstanding food. Service is a little slow but if you are not in a hurry you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- My husband and I have beenRissaDined on 4/17/2013My husband and I have been eating at Baci's for years, well before we had kids. The food is wonderful and the staff is great. My kids also love it and they are 7 & 8. They also have great specials. If you walk in, the wait may be long, definitely better to make reservations ahead of time. I have eaten Italian food all over the island and this restaurant is the only one that I keep going back to.Special Features:
- We were fortunate to haveTinaDined on 4/10/2013We were fortunate to have Lanai seating. Will have to try again. Nice dinner specials and good flavor, but tepid in temperature upon reaching our table. Service was average and waiter seemed "in the weeds." My client enjoyed the veal special.Special Features:
- Always reliable, a gem. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/7/2013Always reliable, a gem. The Groupon of two appetizers, two wines, and two pastas was a great, great deal!Special Features:
- The appetizers were very good.dolfolVIPDined on 3/31/2013The appetizers were very good. The pastas were not that good and everything is quite expensive for what i consider a neighborhood restaurant. I think $9 for an average wine too high.
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2013A friend had a Groupon and it seemed like a good opportunity to try this place I had heard good things about. The food was excellent, our waiter very personable, and the atmosphere was quaint. The only issue I had was the time it took for each of our courses to arrive. Knowing it can be slow, in the future I won't go super hungry and I'll make sure I have plenty of time.Special Features:
- Good for romanceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Made reservations for 2 for valentine's day for 8:45 and we were seated by 9:10. The service was great, but you could tell the staff was tired and a bit stressed from the busy day of romance diners. The location was very nice on the lanai in front with romantic lighting and although a bit crowded, still romantic and a quiet noise level for good conversation. Our drinks came right away before the server even came by. We order the calamari steak which came grilled for a different taste and was served with their house marinara sauce. For dinner we ordered the lobster ravioli and I was not disappointed with light cream sauce and the overfilled ravioli. My husband was pleased with his pasta served with veal, chicken, and sausage.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013Great neighborhood restaurant with personable staff and excellent dining. Crowded at times but worth any wait.Special Features:
- Love the food! Was s bitWaikikiEaterDined on 2/14/2013Love the food! Was s bit slow due to adding some tables to accommodate more people due to it being Valentine's day! Still a great place with the best creme brulee!!Special Features:
- Food was good, but one dishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013Food was good, but one dish was delivered luke warm. Service was not acceptable. Waitstaff very knowledgeable about specials.Special Features:
- I think they overbooked.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2013I think they overbooked. We had to wait over 30 minutes to be seated and then was not given a menu for over 10 minutes. They were overwhelmed. The food, once we got it, was as usual, wonderful.
- Especially love the tomatoOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/13/2013Especially love the tomato and gorgonzola salad and the marscapone cheesecake!Special Features:
- Always reliably delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2013Always reliably delicious. We took a houseguest who had never been to Baci Bistro. She loved it!Special Features:
- Food was a let down. Had thehigirlVIPDined on 2/5/2013Food was a let down. Had the special - osso bucco. My mistake not asking price, wow expensive even for veal and meat albeit tender was in a watery sauce with risotto that was flakey like uncle bens. Disappointing. Friend had another special - fish, was pretty basic and portions seemed small. But the chocolate decadence cake was to die for!
- I've eaten here several times,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2013I've eaten here several times, and have always been impressed with the food--both regular menu items and the specials. The service is consistently excellent, and the cheesecake is absolutely delicious! It's a great place to bring family and friends or a nice, romantic dinner out!Special Features:
- We love the food, that's whyPatriots2013VIPDined on 1/25/2013We love the food, that's why we keep coming back, thank you Chef!. The fresh tomatoes and burrata cheese are AMAZING! Service from Pat was attentive and personable. Baci restaurant is our favorite on the island!Special Features:
- We had an amazing meal here.nbellVIPDined on 1/11/2013We had an amazing meal here. Lots of good variations of the usual Italian fare. Staff was very friendly and informed. Wine list was good. Food was excellentSpecial Features:
- We love Baci BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/4/2013We love Baci Bistro and have for years and keep coming back...without a doubt our family favorite for Italian dining. We've never had a bad meal there, the service is superb, their food is excellent and they have a great wine list (or take your own great bottle and pay a reasonable corkage fee). Hopefully you'll be as pleased as we have been for the past 10+ years with this classic neighborhood Italian eatery.Special Features:
- Outstanding as always! Fantasticjwland99Dined on 12/29/2012Outstanding as always! Fantastic service and authentic, well prepared delicious meal.Special Features:
- Another great experienceKevinDined on 12/29/2012We always enjoy dining at Baci Bistro. It's tucked away in a corner of Kailua, but is larger than it seems from the outside. The service was, for the most part, outstanding. Towards the end of the dinner it seemed to be a bit longer between visits. This normally isn't a big deal; however, we were waiting to order dessert and get the check. Service is rarely an issue at Baci, so I'm going to chalk it up to a busy night. The food was delicious as usual. Steak, fish, and everything else arrived prepared as ordered. The grilled vegetables were a little over-cooked for my taste, but still very tasty.Special Features:
- We had the fresh daily catchLovesExploring60Dined on 12/25/2012We had the fresh daily catch specials, one was a grilled ahi with wasabi cream sauce, the other opah in a citrus sauce. Choice of pasta or ratatouille - I loved the ratatouille. Everything very fresh. Generous pour on the wines with dinner. Finished off with a chocolate decadence flourless cake - yum. Attentive, gracious service even on a busy Christmas evening. We sat at the streetside tables under the stars. Will go back next time we are in Kailua.Special Features:
- The food was great slthoughalikalaiDined on 12/25/2012The food was great slthough the portions could be a bit larger.Special Features:
- Have typically been slow toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/14/2012Have typically been slow to be seated but this time it took 35 minutes (we had reservations). It was obvious that they first forgot about us and then second kept giving away the table that they said they were setting up for us to another party. Finally ordered an hour later. Carpaccio arrived frozen but was replaced. Caesar salad very tasty. Pasta dishes were good but we were already in a very bad mood. No apologies from management. Although food is good, but not exceptional to be worth the drive there just to be ignored. I don't think they cared if they lost a customer anyways.Special Features:
- Seafood Ravioli, black truffleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2012Seafood Ravioli, black truffle gnocchi and mirretti beer mmmmmmmmmSpecial Features:
- Excellent service, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Excellent service, great food and a nice patio to sit outside and enjoy the warm Hawaiian evening.Special Features:
- It's been a long time sinceWhitsiepooDined on 12/8/2012It's been a long time since I ate here, but I'm glad to reaquaint myself with this excellent Italian restaurant. My vitello alla baci was truly excellent, the wine was very good and the service was outstanding. I also really loved the profiterolles (something you don't see on menus all the time) and the limoncello. A very lovely evening.Special Features:
- Went there for birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2012Went there for birthday dinner and was given dessert for free! Definitely will go back to Baci!Special Features:
- We celebrated our weddingHappyDined on 11/30/2012We celebrated our wedding "feast" there. We so enjoyed this special place and will always remember it.Special Features:
- Phenomenal food, incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/27/2012Phenomenal food, incredible service, at a reasonable price!
- Cozy and ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012We frequently dine here. The food is always consistent and we always feel welcome. It is a little quieter outside, but we like the ambiance inside, cozy.Special Features:
- The vibe was classic. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012The vibe was classic. The gnocchi was absolutely amazing. Service was courteous and respectful. The only thing that I didn't like was that they tried to seat us right by the front door. They should get rid of that table all together. Overall great time, my wife and I will definitely be going back on a regular basis!!!Special Features: