Twenty Milk Street
20 Milk Street
Portland, ME 04101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Twenty Milk Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theregency.com/
- Phone: 2072215916
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jim Fitzgerald
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: We have private dining rooms available on request.
- Private Party Contact: Carolyn Ferraro 2072295902
- Entertainment: Live piano music on Saturday nights with Craig Palmacci.
A word from Twenty Milk Street
Twenty Milk Street is a casual, yet elegant restaurant located at the Portland Regency Hotel at Spa. A hidden gem in the heart of the Old Port. The menu offers a wide variety of choices, steaks, seafood, vegetarian and much more, all at very reasonable prices. Sit by the fireplace, overlooking the courtyard and enjoy a well prepared meal with top notch, friendly, professional service. Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, 365 days a year. FREE valet parking to all our guests, no driving around looking for a parking spot, just pull up in front of the hotel and we'll take it from there. Join us for a memorable dining experience that will bring you back for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Twenty Milk Street reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (10)special occasion (9)fit for foodies (8)romantic (7)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Pretentiously overpriced ...HungryBoyDined on 8/10/2013Great shiraz Australian wine 5 *, very good salmon entree 4 *, very good mashed potatoes 4 *, good cole slaw 3 1/2 *, oversteamed dead broccoli side dish 1 *, bland and tasteless mushroom and gnocchi entree with no spice or imagination1 *, desserts okay 2 1/2 * except ice cream was 90% melted on warm plate ... coffee 4 * ... service 3 *, somewhat harried and hurried, truly interested and warmer personal touch lacking although pleasant enough ... sent the restaurant an email review, chef contacted me by return email (at least I got that) and was so sorry, but did not offer any inducement to return other than being sorry ... $155 total bill, $115 minus the wine, worth 1/2 that ... oodles of other places in Portland ME to go ...
- One of my favorite restaurants!reladyDined on 8/2/2013If for no other reason then the atmosphere is beyond quaint and simply charming, you must go to this restaurant. It's not an overwhelming menu but everything I've ever had here has been very, very good! I love this place for lunch or dinner in the summer days on their patio restaurant location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice ending to perfect summer daydebwDined on 7/30/2013location right center of downtown Old Port yet bushes provide privacy from street, great place for outside dinner on a beautiful summer eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor DiningGeegeDined on 7/24/2013Enjoyed eating out in the Garden Cafe. Tables were far enough apart you could not hear any conversations going on around you. It was quiet and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DisappointmentPortlandDinerDined on 7/16/2013I made a reservation at Twenty Milk Street to celebrate my 2nd Anniversary. Disappointment started when we arrived and realized that we would be eating in the Garden Cafe, sitting next to the sidewalk, listening to the seagulls and cars. The bartender was our waitress, and took my drink order quickly, which was delivered promptly. When we weren't ready to order, we asked for a few more minutes. It was a 10 minute wait for her to return. She was doing nothing but socializing with the patrons at the bar. We tried to get her attention, but she was never looking in our direction. If I didn't already have a drink, we would have left. The food was fine, but it was not the anniversary experience we were hoping for. We will not return.Special Features:
- The food was very good. TheGrazerVIPDined on 6/22/2013The food was very good. The service was relaxed but attentive. The most noise was from the piano player who unfortunately was right next to our table. We found the meal pricey. My husband and I both had the filet. It was all they said it would be. I cannot have dairy and they accommodated that nicely. We all had dessert and they were unique but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu choices, reasonablyMikeTDined on 6/8/2013Great Menu choices, reasonably priced and professionally served!! Ambience is great for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful until the very endsevel777Dined on 6/1/2013We had a lovely dinner experience - good food, great ambience, corner table in the garden...our server was attentive and knew what he was doing - seemed to be a seasoned server. Later on, I guess they were closing up (it was maybe 10pm?) and this younger server we hadn't seen before came up to us, clapped his hands, and said, "Ok, ladies, time to leave. We're closed!" It was so rude, especially after spending close to $200 on a meal. I think they need to work on their delivery. Left a sour taste in our mouths, after such delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!TksbarnettDined on 5/19/2013Wonderful Sunday brunch. Great food and our service was exceptional!! Many thanks to John our server!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and winemattDined on 5/17/2013Everything wss great oysters and lobster stew a must along with a visit downstairs for a great martini from a GREAT bartender. Just a great place to stay eat and drinkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Definitely Return...FLMEVIPDined on 5/11/2013We were a party of four who found dining at 20 Milk Street thoroughly enjoyable. My husband and I are foodies who have dined at many top-notch restaurants around the world, so we have much to compare it with. We even found it to be a far better experience than some of the award-winning, overly-praised other restaurants in Maine. The food was well-prepared and the service was excellent: our waiter was well-informed and efficient, as well as very pleasant and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for hotel foodme2flVIPDined on 5/9/2013Located in The Regency Hotel, we had heard good things about Twenty Milk Street...when we arrived we were told that the main dining room was closed because of a "situation" and were directed to the Amory Lounge downstairs. A little disappointing because the atmosphere just wasn't the same. That being said, the food was good...highlighted by a lobster stew that was chock full of lobster! Pork chops were tender and plentiful, salmon was tasy and done perfectly. Though our server was used to the bar fare, she was able to describe items on the main dining room's menu very easily, and couldn't have been any more pleasant. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to eat here again, tho there are so many other great places to explore in Portland...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ... Lovely experienceMaureenVIPDined on 5/3/2013We wanted to celebrate the completion of our daughter's first year of college with her. The restaurant received my OpenTable note about the special occasion and when we arrived, the table had a card waiting for our daughter congratulating her signed by the restaurant staff. This made her feel really special. Add to that the wonderful food, attentive staff, and quiet setting and I must say it was quite a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The filets mignon were wonderfulTheDeanDined on 4/25/2013The filets mignon were wonderful and perfectly prepared. Service was attentive, friendly and very courteous. It was very quiet on a Thursday evening. We had a terrific corner table for a lovely vacation getaway meal.Special Features:
- Maybe they we just having a bad dayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/14/2013Visited Twent Milk Street for brunch, food was very good. A few hiccups, cream curdled in the first cup of coffee. Then when my friend and I asked for our toast (that same with the meal) before the meal, he offered to bring us an order of toast. . . then charged us for it! Granted it was $2, but it was unnecessary. Also charged us for a side we ordered and never got. Another party found two hairs in their meal. Maybe htey were just having a bad day?Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013The food was great and the service was excellent. We were seated right by the fireplace so we had a great ambience. The dining room is small and intimate. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- We had a group of 12, wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2013We had a group of 12, were seated promptly and the service and food was very good.Special Features:
- Went to the Eater buffet.mwlsVIPDined on 3/31/2013Went to the Eater buffet. Was in a banquet room as opposed to the restaurant. Buffet was very good with a lot of choices. Service was very firendly. If in Portland again next year we would go back.
- We booked our reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013We booked our reservations for Easter Sunday and arrived early, very pleased to be waiting in the very comfortable Map Room. We were seated before our reservation time and from beginning to end the service was superb. The attendants at the waffle and carving stations were always smiling and very congenial, as was the hostess and our waiter. The lamb was delicious and tender and our party was happy to have a choice of brunch or dinner offerings. We highly recommend 22 Milk Street for special occasions.Special Features:
- Lovely experienceMaureenVIPDined on 3/15/2013We were pleasantly surprised at the elegance of the restaurant, and the terrific service and food. The venue feels like an old fashioned setting without feeling "tired". Lovely experience and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Far better than expected forrobertDined on 3/12/2013Far better than expected for a hotel restaurant. Comfortable almost intimate room with a fire and comfortable seating. Delicious martini and excellent dinner and deserts. I would go again!Special Features:
- Despite a bland atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Despite a bland atmosphere, the turret table we were seated at and the service we received was terrific! We were pleasantly surprised by the food- the cashew buttered sole and the goodnight kiss dessert were delectable and on par with the best of Portland's dining establishments.Special Features:
- First time visiting but veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2013First time visiting but very happy. Went during Maine Restruant Week and had a delicious meal.Special Features:
- Good service. Food was ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013Good service. Food was ok. Appetizer and dessert were good but my pasta main course was awful. Too expensive for what we got. Was disappointed.Special Features:
- We were early diners the nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2013We were early diners the night we went, which was nice. There was a nice gas fire going in a fireplace and the ambiance was nice. Only one or perhaps two couples came while we were eating.The food was good. We each had a different wine and both were good. A nice touch is that the parking was free.Special Features:
- Excellent attention to detailOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Excellent attention to detail with both food and service. Well worth a visit.Special Features:
- Romantic Night Out Must GoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2013Second Year in a row my girlfriend and I go here for Valentines...yet to be disappointed.Special Features:
- Quiet, great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013I hate to give 5 stars in every category since no one will believe me, but they are all well deserved. I was looking for a nice quiet place to enjoy a dinner with my young adult daughter, and this proved to be an excellent choice. Wasn't sure what to expect at a hotel-associated restaurant but this was really outstanding. On a cold, wet and raw evening, we were seated next to a fireplace which was exactly perfect. The waiter was helpful and friendly but not overbearing. The food was superb. Very few people which surprised us considering how good it was. Quiet, great for conversation, but probably not a good choice if you're looking for an energetic scene.Special Features:
- NYE to remember-2013LoveBlueStoveVIPDined on 12/31/2012The staff were incredibly accomodating, we had a reservation that was a little later than we wanted but it was NYE! Great food and service, we will return when the weather is warmer. Courtesy vehicle dropped 6 of us off for a show we needed to get to and offered to pick us up to bring us back to our vehicles. Overall great experience.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2012I love this restaurant, as well as the Armory downstairs...everything is always beautiful andthe service is always fantastic. And the FOOOOOOD is terrific. Example: We three diners, who NEVER order dessert, ordered one for each of us and devoured it. I've been here for brunch and dinner and would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- The ambiance was warm andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/30/2012The ambiance was warm and welcoming with a fireplace lit in the middle of the room. The server was very friendly and checked on us regularly. The manager also checked in with us which was a nice touch. The Bloody Mary's were decorative and very good. I had the blueberry pancakes which were tasty while my husband enjoyed his frittata. We would defintely return for brunch on our next visit to Portland.Special Features:
- Food was lackluster and onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Food was lackluster and on website claimed to be cutting edge takes on traditional cuisine. Felt like country club food with very little nuance. Not bad per se but boring really and very traditional. Ambience was nice and waiter was nice yet kept making mistakes like he was distracted.
- We had a wonderfully quietreladyDined on 12/1/2012We had a wonderfully quiet dinner seated by the fire. It was very romantic and absolutely perfect! Our waiter was attentive but not overbearing. Truly a great romantic dinner...we will be back!Special Features:
- There are many brunch optionsSH207Dined on 11/25/2012There are many brunch options in Portland, and this was our first visit to Twenty Milk Street. It was a nice location and the food was good. It is convenient to be able to make a reservation, as many other spots in Portland don't take reservations for brunch.Special Features:
- We had the $25 pre-fix dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/21/2012We had the $25 pre-fix dinner which was really great!The dining room is beautiful and very cozy :)Special Features:
- Old school room. Food goodBoston2VIPDined on 11/18/2012Old school room. Food good not great. Server polite, knowledgeable and classy. Seating process slower than it should be.
- great location, and a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012great location, and a great Boutique hotel...but a bit over priced for what was presented for dinner Friendly people... great bar downstairs...which I would recommend
- wonderful food and fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012wonderful food and fantastic service. it was a special occasion and everyone there made it feel really important to us!Special Features:
- We happened upon this as aSueBVIPDined on 10/27/2012We happened upon this as a last minute decision. Really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- This was our second time here.CorndogdadDined on 10/19/2012This was our second time here. The first time it was outstanding. This time it was not very good. The bread was good, but everthing else fell short. Their Harvest salad was terrible. I had the pork chops which were tastless. The stuffing that came with the pork was uneatable. The waiter who was training another waiter forgot our salad. The dessert I had was a chocolate brownie which they served with a sherbert. Would have been better with ice cream. Overall we were very disappointed.Special Features: