4865 Cordell Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grapeseedbistro.com/
- Phone: 3019869592
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Heineman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Grapeseed is sure to become your favorite destination for all of your special events. Whether you are planning an intimate dinner in our Wine Room, a group of up to 34 in our Private Dining Room or reserving the entire restaurant for your special event Grapeseed has a room to fit your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Forest 8772504730
- Special Events: Please join our mailing list on our website for up incoming events and specials!
- Cross Street: between Norfolk and Woodmont
- Public Transit: Grapeseed is located 1/2 mile from the Bethesda Metro stop on the Red Line.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Grapeseed is conveniently located near 3 public parking garages, there is ample street parking, and we offer valet parking for $7.
A word from Grapeseed
Grapeseed American Bistro is a casual bistro that matches great food and wine together. With anywhere from 80 to 100 wines by the glass and approximately 325 bottle listed, we cater to the novice wine lover and to the experienced. We start with a bottle of wine and pick out the characteristics and nuances of the wine and then award winning Chef Jeffrey Heineman creates a menu item to highlight the flavors of the wine. So come in and relax, have a taste or a glass of wine and try something on our ever-changing menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Grapeseed - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
Grapeseed reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (22)neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (16)romantic (12)good for groups (10)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (3)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- The food was good, but forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2008The food was good, but for the price, should have been much, much better. The menu was a bit limited and not especially original. We will neither be returning nor recommending this restaurant. The decor was the most dull I've ever seen in a semi-upscale restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent attention and supportOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2008Excellent attention and support from Ernie the maitre'd. when the table he'd promised didn't materialize (until 30 minutes later), he sat us at the bar and gave us a complimentary champagne, for which I tipped him $10 as we left.Special Features:
- For a winebar, the list leftGoodEatsDined on 1/25/2008For a winebar, the list left something to be desired. Some of the tables (like ours) were in the "bowels" of the restaurant and it was easy to be overlooked. Mediocre at best. No return trip in my future.
- The food is fantastic, theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/21/2007The food is fantastic, the wine list and recommended pairings are a great way to try new wines with your meal. This is a great special occasion place, would recommend over the other notable Bethesda restaurant, Persimmon any day.Special Features:
- Great Food and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2007This is one of my favorite restaurants in Bethesda. They always have wonderful food and a new take on something more traditional. Their wine parings are "spot-on" as well. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great place to eat. HaveKacemDined on 4/13/2007Great place to eat. Have been there dozens of times....Special Features:
- Some of the worst serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/18/2007Some of the worst service I have ever seen in a restaurant. The food was good, but the overall dining experience left a lot to be desired. I would never consider returning.
- Grapeseed is our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/19/2006Grapeseed is our favorite "special night out" spot. We are still talking about the amazing Valentine's Day prix fix meal we had (as a double-date) in 2001.Special Features:
- My favorite gem in Bethesda.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/1/2005My favorite gem in Bethesda. If you like food and wine.. this is your place!Special Features: