Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
1000 Universal Studios Plaza
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.universalorlando.com/
- Phone: 4072244012
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Wachowiak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: VIP room which holds up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Daniel Gallagher 4072244533
- Cross Street: Universal Islands of Adventure
- Public Transit: A large number of local hotels offer free shuttle service to and from Universal Orlando. Please check with where you are staying for further information.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: The enclosed parking garage utilizes moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators, on-site wheelchair rental, and an on-site kennel. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket. Daily parking fees per vehicle: Regular Parking $15.00 ($3.00 between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.*) Preferred Parking $20.00 RV/Bus Parking $20.00 Valet $15.00 (under 2hrs) Valet $25.00 (over 2hrs) Valet Red Carpet $35.00
A word from Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
Mythos is more than just a restaurant it is a Myth and a legend drawn from greek mythology and the constellations."Grotto of the Gods" Mythos is an ancient observatory where they chart the heavens with the constellations. Try our ACF 2010 gold medal winning Bistro Filet and our daily creative signature dishes such as the risotto and pasta of the day. Voted #1 Theme Park Restaurant 6 years in a row.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure reviews from OpenTable diners
416 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (223)scenic view (204)kid-friendly (194)fit for foodies (121)good for groups (105)special occasion (101)romantic (64)hot spot (45)great for outdoor dining (33)great for brunch (32)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- ZebyDined on 8/4/2014Every thing was very good, but food portion could have been more generous...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot I was in a theme park!Fab5FamDined on 8/4/2014The banner outside proclaims that Mythos is the #1 Theme Park restaurant, and for good reason. I completely forgot I was surrounded by rides and attractions, and it is obvious that the staff works hard to keep it that way. The atmosphere was very calm and relaxing, far from the hustle and bustle of the outside park. The food choices were a wonderful departure from the usual hot dogs, burgers, and chicken (although these items were still available on the kids menu.) The service was outstanding and everyone enjoyed their meals. When we return to Universal in the future, Mythos will be on our must-do list for sure!
- FantasticGnarlyboyDined on 8/4/2014The food their was fantastic and the chef catered to my disease and it was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Eat HereFoodiesOnVactionDined on 8/3/2014Food was delicious! Best food in the park hands down! Everyone in the family loved the food and there was not a drop left on any plate. Service was great. The decor was incredible and the prices were worth it. After a hot day of walking or standing in lines this is a place you have to have dinner at.Special Features:
- wonderful!luv2binfloridaDined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent! Great pricing, especially for inside the park eating! It is definitely on our list of places to eat when we come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The real deal!Ryanmia23Dined on 8/2/2014I could not have been more skeptical or more surprised and delighted. Never in my life have I eaten like that inside of any theme park! And the tomato soup is worth the park admission.... No seriously. You guys rocked it!Special Features:
- MythosLindaLouDined on 8/2/2014My favorite restaurant at Universal Orlando! My son and I love all the GF choices and the food is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moremedicalGFDined on 8/2/2014We were only going to be at Universal for one day and needed a place to eat that could accomodate a gluten free diet due to celiac disease. I ordered the Pad Thai gluten free. I have had Pad Thai made gluten free at other restaurants. The Mythos version had way to much peanut taste, like they melted down peanut butter and poured it over the top. The food quality didn't live up to the hype based on the reviews. The other issue I had was the waiter who would lean over our table to refill glasses or remove empty dishes while holding a basket of non gluten free bread. He would lean over my gluten free plate with the bread. Not a smart idea!! I finally got to the point of picking up my plate whenever he refilled my daughters drink.Special Features:
- Food and service have slippedyogafoodieDined on 8/1/2014I have eaten here a few times over the years of visiting the parks. The decor could use refreshing (torn curtains, chipped tiles). Food choices have become less Mediterranean and more park-average. Service is friendly and efficient, but our waiter was so sweat soaked he could have used a shower. Still, it's a great place to take a break from the heat and crowds, and enjoy a decent meal.Special Features:
- cool retreat from crowdjuneie7871Dined on 7/31/2014The food was excellent and staff was great. It was a relaxing retreat from the craziness of the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Our family has visited Universal /Islands of Adventure several times but never eaten at Mythos-until this visit-Everthing was Delicious !!! The Tomato soup was the best we have ever eaten anywhere and the delicate cracker crust on the flatbread appetizer was wonderful!Special Features:
- Hostess was quite rude.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014My children and I were freezing inside the restaurant. We noticed there was additional seating outside. We couldn't find our waiter so my husband went to the front desk to let her know how cold we were and if we could move to one of the tables outside. She told him there wasn't enough wait staff for outside seating then proceeded to tell him if we were too cold to take our food to go in boxes and eat outside. This was incredibly rude. The manager came to our table and asked us about the incident. The manager was accommodating and comped us our appetizers. She also helped get to go boxes but the restaurant didn't offer any plastic ware. All in all, the food was good but we won't be returning to this establishment due to service.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014My family and I absolutely LOVED this place, they had something for everyone and it's a gorgeous place! It's a must do for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurantChrisMDined on 7/28/2014Great food! Beautiful atmosphere! Can't believe this was in an amusement park. We used open table to book our reservation before heading down. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServicezellerificDined on 7/27/2014My boyfriend and I came here on our last night at Universal and it was fantastic. We had made a reservation and were even seated earlier when we requested it (about 20 min early). Our server was friendly and periodically came back to check if we needed anything. It wasn't too noisy either, and was a nice break from the rest of the park. The food was also excellent, especially if you have mostly been dining on pizza and salads the rest of your trip.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant @ Universal StudiosBservaryDined on 7/27/2014This is hands down the best sit down restaurant at Universal Studios Orlando. I also can't think of a restaurant at a Walt Disney World theme park that is better than this. The prices are reasonable, and the food is excellent! We make it a habit to go there almost every time we visit Islands of Adventure.Special Features:
- Great food!christyDined on 7/26/2014We have eaten at Mythos many times. The food is always great and service is usually very good...this time was the exception :(. Nonetheless, we do enjoy the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice if a little underwhelmingJerseygreig76Dined on 7/25/2014Having been to Universal several times we had never eaten at Mythos and having had the title of best theme park restaurant over several years we though we'd give it a go. It was a simple menu with what I would describe as nice food. Don't get me wrong, it was nice but maybe I was expecting something with a bit more of a wow factor that goes along with that kind of title. Service was a little slow and the place wasn't that busy, probably won't pay another visit for a while, friendly door staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real food-Reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014We had an excellent meal at Mythos! It was nice to have a real meal while at a theme park that was reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Wasn't as wonderful as I was expecting. Food was good but service was non-existent. Our server barely knew English. He wasn't even going to take a drink order from us until I said something. Same thing with dessert. Glad we tried it but no need to try it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't get the hypeKGraeDined on 7/23/2014The service and the scenery was great but food wasn't what I was expecting. This place had such great reviews I thought food would be great. The food wasn't bad but it wasn't great. It was just okay.
- When it's too hot to eat outside...HermioneGrangerDined on 7/23/2014Great place to cool off in the park. Food was great - prices were no more than $2 more than counter service meals. Potion of the Gods was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Food & Value!zebsteramaDined on 7/23/2014I have done all of the Disney World restaurants. This is as good as their best one's for sit down theme park food - far, far better, in the majority of cases. Value for quality of food at Mythos cannot be surpassed. Atmosphere for a theme park ------ awesome! I very highly recommend this place, you will NOT be disappointed!!! Our family went twice on our trip. Would have been happy to go every day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mythos reviewokserviceDined on 7/21/2014I was looking forward to this but was disappointed. But it is a theme park restaurant. All comfort food. My wife and I did not like the meatloaf that we share. My kids only ate half of their burgers they say it was not good. Only thing I like is the sushi appetizer we all like it. Next time I won't expect a lot in a theme park restaurant. I reserve this knowing it had a great review. The other good thing is we are inside because it is raining outside. Our waiter is good but waiting for our food long. He said they are busy but there is a several empty table.Special Features:
- Great Food at a Great ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2014Very nice break from the hustle of the park. Very pleasant air conditioned environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014For restaurant climbing to be the top in a theme park very disappointed kept eating 20 mins for our table during that time water dispenser in reception was empty not refilled on what was a very hot day,tables too close, waiter took food order without asking for drinks requirements, waiter who brought food to table practically slammed our plates down, shame nice decor and views of our favourite park
- Better than expected!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The food and price was better than expected! We made reservations based on the environment from pictures we saw online, but were impressed with the menu, the service, and overall quality! We would surely go back!Special Features:
- KatbirdpicksDined on 7/20/2014Great place to sit down, eat and cool off while at Universal Studios.Special Features:
- Nice but overratedDjoudjouDined on 7/20/2014The food was good but not special. The decoration is beautiful but it is so noisy that it makes it not so magic. I don't understand that this place was voted best theme park restaurant in the world...Special Features:
- BPHDiner49erDined on 7/19/2014Great place for a theme park restaurant. Food was good not greatSpecial Features:
- Wonderful lunch experienceSkiigyrlDined on 7/19/2014Top notch resort restaurant! We made a reservation on opentable and sat within 5 minutes on a busy day. Food and ambience was worth slight premium!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch Experience1HappyVacationerDined on 7/19/2014Good for lunch or dinner but service is slow and non-attentive.Special Features:
- Great findJenniferDined on 7/19/2014We had been to Universal serveral times and I had seen Mythos but since we didn't have a reservation did not want to wait. On this trip, I made a 11:30 reservation. Boy was I glad I did because by the time we were to be seated it was getting packed. My family was seated about 5 minutes after we showed up. My family split the Mediterranean bread along with the complimentary bread given to us (loved the Universal logo on the butter). I had the Baby Spinach salad with salmon and was amazed at how good it was. Our waiter had said that it was his favorite too. My husband had the mixed green salad and was pleased. My daughter's hamburger was excellent and her friend loved her meatloaf. We have decided to add this restaurant to our "list"Special Features:
- A Stand Out at Islands of AdventureOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014In a sea of endless fast food inside Universals Islands of Adventure, Mythos was a welcomed break. While not 5-star dining, this is again much better than your typical amusement park fare and a slight cut above your neighborhood chain restaurant. The flatbread appetizer was a particular surprise and a stand out. We made reservations but seating was plentiful on the day we were there even in the middle of dinner hour on a weekend. Seating is available both indoors and out, with great views of the park from outside. Particularly appreciated the available ice water in the lobby while waiting for our table (much needed after a long hot day in the park). An easy, short 10-12 minute walk over fromUniversal Studios if you spent the day thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Grotto RespitesunshinyDined on 7/17/2014Mythos provided a cool grotto respite from the heat and stress at Universal. Food was great, wigh a perfect view of the park, service upscale. The price for a gourmet burger was less than we paid for crummy counter service ones the day before. The same for soda and iced tea, but with unlimited refills. Did I mention the basket of bread with Universal themed butter? How about free fruit infused ice water in the lobby? And oh yeah, the entire restaurant has a delicious spicy rose scent gently wafting. So yes, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expected!Chippy3Dined on 7/17/2014A Greek has never stepped foot on the place. It was dirty and the menu very limited. Don't be under mistaken impression food will be Greek.
- ExcellentHogsmeadeDined on 7/17/2014Myhos was a great place to eat, the menu was updated from the online menu but the waiter allowed selections to be made. Be sure to make reservations or there will be a lengthy wait. This and finnegan's are my two favorite table service restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Banana Gooey!!!!TillmanatorDined on 7/17/2014We make sure to eat at Mythos every time we come to Orlando for the theme parks. It's always great! The banana gooey cake is a MUST ORDER for dessert. It's awesome! But order a kid's peanut butter ice cream with it. There's only one small glob of ice cream on the cake, and it's just not enough for the whole cake. The kids peanut butter ice cream bowl will have three extra globs. So if you're sharing the dessert with someone, you can each have two globs of ice cream.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014We had read some good reviews for this restaurant but we're sorely disappointed. Table settings were missing, drink orders not correctly filled (not our server's fault as it was the manager who took our drink order). Our appetizers were out late, then when we finally received our entrées, the meatloaf looked as if it had been pulled out of a can and microwaved, and my spinach salad with warm bacon vinaigrette dressing was cold to the point that my dressing was thicker than intended and extremely greasy. Our server was amazing and apologetic. We tipped her appropriately but wish we hadn't wasted the time and money at this spot. Our food at the Simpsons food court was exponentially better and we left that spot full and happy.
- Great Park RestaurantfirsttimerDined on 7/15/2014We ate here for our special dining experience of the trip because my husband said it was the best rated restaurant in a theme park anywhere. It was a beautifully decorated and themed restaurant and the food was amazing. He had a burger and I had a Cesar salad with beef. While I understand the menu is themed as well I thought they could have had a few more options for picky eaters like myself. Our waiter was more laid back and very casual which we personally did not enjoy as it came off like he didn't care. Overall though a place I would recommend to eat once, but not somewhere I would return for a second time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.