Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
1000 Universal Studios Plaza
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.universalorlando.com/
- Phone: 4072244012
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Wachowiak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: VIP room which holds up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Daniel Gallagher 4072244533
- Cross Street: Universal Islands of Adventure
- Public Transit: A large number of local hotels offer free shuttle service to and from Universal Orlando. Please check with where you are staying for further information.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: The enclosed parking garage utilizes moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators, on-site wheelchair rental, and an on-site kennel. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket. Daily parking fees per vehicle: Regular Parking $15.00 ($3.00 between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.*) Preferred Parking $20.00 RV/Bus Parking $20.00 Valet $15.00 (under 2hrs) Valet $25.00 (over 2hrs) Valet Red Carpet $35.00
A word from Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
Mythos is more than just a restaurant it is a Myth and a legend drawn from greek mythology and the constellations."Grotto of the Gods" Mythos is an ancient observatory where they chart the heavens with the constellations. Try our ACF 2010 gold medal winning Bistro Filet and our daily creative signature dishes such as the risotto and pasta of the day. Voted #1 Theme Park Restaurant 6 years in a row.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure reviews from OpenTable diners
418 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (221)scenic view (210)kid-friendly (180)fit for foodies (125)good for groups (111)special occasion (97)romantic (63)hot spot (43)great for outdoor dining (40)great for brunch (28)neighborhood gem (22)notable wine list (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Great Food and ServiceRSDunwoodyVIPDined on 10/8/2014We continue to be amazed at the quality of food here at Mythos. Being in a theme park you do not expect the level of food that the chef here and his team produce. The Tuscan Tomato Soup was a great start to the meal. The Asian Cashew Chicken Salad was really good as well as the Roast Beef Panini. We finished the meal with a great dessert. Nice diversion from the theme park to have a relaxing meal. Service was great. Our server Ty provided excellent service and kept us supplied with everything we needed. The manager JC and his team do a great job. Check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic third visitBellaDined on 10/7/2014This place consistently serves good food and has friendly helpful servers. There was even a gluts freed veggie option for one of our party (not just a omelette as usual) which is rare to find in Florida. Highly recommend a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgesDined on 10/5/2014We wanted to make a reservation in Universal Theme Park restaurant to take a break from going to rides and to rest. There are not many options, two I believe. Food is good and filling. Service was a bit slow. We really liked the decor, it was fun for our kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentpknyVIPDined on 10/4/2014We were excited to check out Mythos given how difficult it is to get a reservation. In addition, expectations were raised by the sign that said it was nominated the best theme park restaurant for 6 years in a row. To be honest, I would have rather gone to one of the other multitude of places or even the Harry Potter restaurants. Mythos' food was disappointing. Food was just okay and really greasy. Our waiter was a bit surly. I would pick a different place for lunch next time.
- Picturesque, not much more.wdullaDined on 10/3/2014The restaurant usually has quite a wait, for there is always a lot of people waiting in the lobby. But when we were seated there were very few tables with customers. Even with so few patrons the staff were slow. The food sounded amazing on the menu, but when we got our food it was very underwhelming. Some were very small portions and others were odd interpretations. All four of us agreed we would not go back. The food and ambiance was not worth the exorbitant prices.Special Features:
- something differentvacationerDined on 10/3/2014Food was adequate for the price. Fun atmosphere for our kids. Different cuisine from the regular burgers and chicken fingers you get from the theme parks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014Love the decor. The menu offered a wide variety of selections. Our waitress was fabulous!!Special Features:
- Mythos - Theme Park Choice?ForkbeardDined on 10/2/2014Mythos provides that rare opportunity to eat reasonably well within a theme park. The offerings were somewhat peculiar, possibly designed to confound rather than provide interesting dishes. The food was good, but not worthy of the price tag. Not that the prices were especially high, but I expect a little more for the price. A little more effort for instance in regards the temperature of the plates and the presentation. Theme park dining is a minefield, and Mythos does go some way to resolving that common problem. Just a little bit more effort and the place would be a real gem.
- A nice break within a theme parkDanielDined on 10/2/2014We enjoy having lunch here as the food is very good and the location is perfect within the theme park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014love this place! I go to mythos every time, wouldn't miss itSpecial Features:
- marajadeDined on 10/1/2014The food was good, but we wished that the restaurant decorations had been more elaborate. Seemed rather plain after all the work that was put into the design of the place. Expected more of the atmosphere, but very tasty food.Special Features:
- Girls go OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/30/2014Wonderful restaurant with great ambiance. Food good for a theme park.Special Features:
- Service left a bad taste...KYgal14Dined on 9/30/2014We had reservations at Mythos on Tuesday, September 30th at 1 pm. We were extremely excited because our friends and online reviews raved about the place. It was gorgeous to say the least. We didn't wait long for service but once our server saw that we were going to be having water and tea to drink she became very short and abrupt and was no longer trying to engage us. We ordered a cheeseburger and pizza but she sneered when we asked for the cheeseburger plain. Food arrived and waited for 10 minutes after before we saw her again. At that time we were about halfway down on our drinks. We never saw the server again until we flagged her down and asked for the bill. We never even got refills. It was not busy enough to justify such poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014Definitely worth a stop if you're spending the day at Islands of Adventure.Special Features:
- Great place for lunchParkscopeJoeDined on 9/29/2014Love mythos, went twice my past trip. The food is good and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The decor gives the impression of being in a Greek grotto. They offer a very nice menu and are capable of dealing with food sensitivities. We spent a very agreeable 90 minutes and left refreshed. Definitely on my list for our next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Magic is Really at MythosmktngmstrDined on 9/28/2014Harry Potter may grab all of the attention at Islands of Adventure, but it's really Mythos that is bringing the magic plate-by-plate. Great meal...great service...you can't ask for anything more. Put this on your Universal Studios' Must-Do Bucket List.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeCrm12fDined on 9/28/2014I make an effort to never miss this restaurant when I go to Islands. Great food and service at reasonable prices. Must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesomeTillmanatorDined on 9/28/2014I make it a point to visit Mythos whenever I visit Orlando for the weekend. It's a great "Sunday drive home" meal. Food comes quickly and is hot, tasty, and fresh. For dessert, you MUST try the banana gooey cake! Order a kid's peanut butter ice cream with it. The one little scoop of ice cream won't be enough. And if you're diabetic, don't worry! If you skip the bread and fries with your meal, this dessert won't send your sugars too high :-) especially since you'll walk a ton after you eat. My numbers are usually around 125 two hours after and I'm neither on meds nor insulin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in-park diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Good food with reasonable prices. Wonderful theming and ambiance.Special Features:
- Love this place. Awesome drink menupassholderStpeteDined on 9/27/2014Still amazing. Menu needs updating. Maybe I just go to much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014horrible burgers - frozen patties almost identical to McD but for $10 more.
- mongooseDined on 9/27/2014Beautiful inside and out! Love having lunch here, quiet and fantastic food! The service is great! Wish I had this place back home! Every year we come here for lunch, and every year it has been fantastic! Love the inside! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Good Food, Reasonable PricesMom25Dined on 9/27/2014Whenever we go to Universal Orlando, we always try to make a stop at Mythos. As dedicated Harry Potter fans, we enjoy the ambiance of the Three Broomsticks, but for great food at a reasonable price and a unique and serene theme park dining experience, Mythos can't be beat. Service is always superb and the meals taste great. Even my teens love the place.Special Features:
- Shame about the weatherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Food very nice but as the weather was very wet and had gone cold the restaurant air con made it freezingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!JonBCapeCoralFlDined on 9/26/2014Just terrific from start to end. Very pleasantly surprised by..well...everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodPghfoodDined on 9/25/2014The food was awesome as usual. Wait was 3 minutes with a reservation - not a problem. Service was slow. About ten minutes before drink order and there were not many in the restaurant since it was technically closed for the day. Table next to us got up and left abruptly - not sure if the even paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy i stopped walking past thisclericksonDined on 9/25/2014I've been to Universal Studios/IOA three times in the past and always just walked past Mythos, not wanting to waste any valuable time at a "theme park restaurant". I'm very happy that I finally made a reservation for lunch. The food was great, but aside from that, I cannot say enough about how amazing the inside of the restaurant looks. It is even more impressive than the outside rock and fountains. Even if its just for a light appetizer and drink or dessert, you should make a food stop at Mythos an absolute plan for your trip to Islands of AdventureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!RiannaDined on 9/25/2014I booked a reservation here after a Google search for where to eat while I was at Universal. I was impressed by all of the positive reviews that I found, and my experience there with my family did not disappoint! As a vegetarian I asked a question about the ingredients in one of the menu items, and my waitress (without even having to ask!) took the time to show me not only the vegetarian options, but also how non-vegetarian items could be modified to be meatless. All of our meals were delicious, and we all agreed that we were highly impressed by everything we ordered, as well as the decor and view. If I'm ever back at Universal, I would definitely go back here again!Special Features:
- Tasteless beef and sandwichRicardoDined on 9/24/2014Great place, great attendant. Small portions of food. Tasteless beef and sandwich.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSoupNaziDined on 9/23/2014Our dining experience at Mythos could not have been better. We we seated early and our food arrived in a blink of an eye. To top it off, the food was superb!Special Features:
- I didin´t enjoy itLiliDined on 9/21/2014I booked this lunch for me and my family. We are from Brasil, and they don´t speak english. There is no photos/images of the menu, just like the other restaurants have. I found very hard to translate to them all the options. All of them kept question me millions things, and its exausting to read the whole menu and then translate. Pictures would help. So we all give up and then went to have lunch in the THUNDER FALL TERRACE where we can SEE the options. They loved the food there.Special Features:
- Great FoodhungrycanucksDined on 9/20/2014We really enjoyed the food at Mytho's especially the flat bread appetizers. We had a vegetarian in our group and it was easy for her to change or omit items from the menu. This restaurant caters to teenagers, vegetarians, meat eaters and people who like good quality food that is presented well. The wait staff was very friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but FreezingscurriedDined on 9/20/2014Mythos looks fantastic and it is fun to eat here in the midst of Universal's theming. Our meals were very good, but the air conditioning was ridiculously cranked for a rainy, overcast day. We were so cold our party of three sat together on one side of a booth so as to not literally shiver, and we all left the table once just to step outside for a minute. Our waitress basically shrugged, "Yeah, it's cold." So, it was overall less enjoyable than it could have/should have been.Special Features:
- Still good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I have gone to Mythos about 4 times over the last couple of years and the food and setting still, in my opinion, make it the best venue at Islands of Adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool placeLucyDined on 9/17/2014My friend recommended this place and we decided to go for lunch while we were in Universal Islands of Adventure. We made reservations ahead of time because we were told it was popular. We were glad we did, because we were seated quickly. The restaurant itself resembled a cave, with sculptures built in. It was extremely unusual and interesting. The food was good and our waiter was prompt with his service. This is a must-see if you are going to the park.Special Features:
- In the middle of an amusement park.raffermVIPDined on 9/13/2014...it is ofte tough to find "real food." But Mythos fit the bill. The food has a decidedly Mediterranean feel. But the Mahi Mahi was delicious--sweet and flavorful. My Vegan daughter's pad Thai was just to her liking--a bit of a kick to it! The lemon vinaigrette on the mixed greens salad was sweet, but with the bitter greens made for a wonderful starter. The rest of the table ordered fish tacos and pad Thai with chicken and shrimp--both complimented the server. For meal of this proportion in an amusement park---the bill was reasonable and service pleasant. I recommend!Special Features:
- Great spot with air conditioning.RingtheBellsDined on 9/13/2014Cool decor and great escape from the Florida heat.Special Features:
- Nice for theme park lunchPureCynDined on 9/13/2014The theming of this restaurant is awesome. The food, while leagues better than the typical hamburgers and fries served elsewhere, was really just above average. I ordered the Mahi Mahi, which was good but the fish was slightly overcooked. My bf ordered the beef medallions medium and they came out well, well done. The server was very attentive during our time there and very apologetic when we showed her the well done medallions. She was able to provide us with a discount. They also offered a drink special, it was OJ mixed with Pinnacle whipped vodka for $6, unheard of in a theme park! It was also quite strong. Overall, I would return but would probably order a sandwich over the more expensive entrees.Special Features:
- Family VacationKatrynDined on 9/13/2014Mythos was a must for one of our highlights we wanted to do while we visited Universal during our family vacation. We love the architecture. But the food keeps us returning and introducing others to this experience. We have gluten and other food allergies and we found something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.