Finnegan's at Universal Studios Florida
1000 Universal Studios Plaza
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Finnegan's at Universal Studios Florida
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.universalorlando.com/
- Phone: 4072243663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - half hour before park closes.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Howard Morris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every day. Request your favorite song and enjoy the fun pub music
- Cross Street: Universal Studios Florida
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The enclosed parking garage utilizes moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators, on-site wheelchair rental, and an on-site kennel. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket. Daily parking fees per vehicle: Regular Parking $15.00 ($3.00 between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.*) Preferred Parking $20.00 RV/Bus Parking $20.00 Valet $15.00 (under 2hrs) Valet $25.00 (over 2hrs) Valet Red Carpet $35.00
A word from Finnegan's at Universal Studios Florida
Finnegan"s Irish Pub and Restaurant located in Universal Studios, Orlando. Featuring authentic Irish and American cuisine and draught beers with full liquor bar. Live Entertainment every afternoon and Happy Hour offers daily(excluding special event dates) Serving lunch and dinner from 11am until a half hour before the park closes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Finnegan's at Universal Studios Florida - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Finnegan's at Universal Studios Florida reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (61)kid-friendly (52)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (17)vibrant bar scene (16)neighborhood gem (12)great for brunch (10)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)special occasion (6)scenic view (3)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great break from the parkBillDined on 6/8/2014We had a party of ten at dinnertime and got great food and great service. Finnegan's was a great break from the park!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest Place at UniversalCountryboyDined on 6/5/2014I know there are several places to eat at Universal, but every year we look forward to Finnigans. The service is great, food is to die for! and the people there are fantastic. One of the chef's named Miles came to our table and talked with us for about 10 minutes, wanted to know how we enjoyed our meal, Universal and the Orlando area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2014Making the reservation was easy and all worked well. The food was good, and very filling. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest Place at UniversalCountryboyDined on 6/4/2014When we visit Universal we always eat lunch at Finnegan's! Great place for lunch. The food, service, and people are great! Very friendly and the menu has a wide variety of options. If you have never tried Finnegan's I highly recommend that the next time you are at Universal you do. Trust me, we will!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/3/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience courtesy of our server, Dominic.Special Features:
- Not as we rememberedNibblerDined on 5/28/2014We visited this place last year when we were at Universal, had a better meal and total experience. This year, our server was certainly friendly enough, but was spread too thin to be very attentive. The food was okay, but the kitchen was very, very SLOW, even though it seemed fully staffed but the restaurant wasn't even half full. Salt and pepper shakers available by request only? That's odd.Special Features:
- AC restaurantSheareeVIPDined on 5/28/2014The food was okey. The service was fine. But not anything to really get excited over. The booth we sat in had food in the seat. We had to ask for someone to clean it up before we could be seated. It is an irish restaurant with air conditioning at Universal Studios. The selling point is that it was air conditioned inside dining. That's about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to get out of the heat!PAtouristDined on 5/25/2014Finnegan's has a friendly atmosphere. It felt great to get out of the Florida heat and sit in the air conditioning. Good food and a cold beer were also a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Everything!yummyfoodDined on 5/20/2014The waiter was nice, attentive, and helpful; the food was very very delicious, I ordered the potato and onion webb, and the salmon dinner; the live music was also very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Finnegans @UniversalJulie1963Dined on 5/20/2014Considering I booked this table a long time ago, the table I was given was awful. It was situated in a thoroughfare and the amount of people passing and nudging us was beyond a joke. The food was ok but not outstanding, it was better than the fast food outlets found in the park but then again you paid for the honour of table service.Special Features:
- The following 239 reviews are from the Finnegan's at Universal Studios Florida reviews archive.
- Fabulous!LivingDisneyDined on 5/16/2014Our waitress, Veronica, was AMAZING! The food was yummy and the entire experience...wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fast service even when busyhescaDined on 5/15/2014This was my favorite meal inside the park. Delicious Irish fare and a full bar! The Cornish Pastis were amazing. I had the shepherds pie and my husband had the bangers and mash. Both were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer selectionGreatthemeparkdinningDined on 5/13/2014The Scottish Eggs are a must try. Very good service. I had the draft beer sampler which was a great way to try the different beers. All of the food is really good.Special Features:
- sarahlu20Dined on 5/11/2014We had a reservation on Mother's Day 2014, we walked in and were seated immediately without a wait. Our server was very friendly and food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/8/2014Derek was our server. Great sense of humor. Very attentive. Made good recommendations. Would recommend the restaurant just because of him alone. Food was pretty good too and we are picky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic IrishHolidaywarriorDined on 5/6/2014Staff were very accommodating to assist with kids needs to see parade from window table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDrLakesDined on 5/3/2014Great food but not enough for kids over 7. Great ambience, good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for lunchFINEWINEDined on 4/25/2014Food was good and plentiful. Atomsphere Pleasant .Special Features:
- Lots of fun!!CarolVIPDined on 4/24/2014We were seated quickly even though they were busy. The waitress was wonderful. We tried a hard apple beer which was very good. We tried the Scotch eggs and that was good. The chicken pot pie was very good and so was the stew. The Pot of gold coffee was amazing!! This restaurant is worth a stop!! They had live music the whole time we were there. They were very good to families making sure all the kids were happy. We really had a good time and the staff was wonderful.Special Features:
- AbrilDined on 4/23/2014The food was very good. We got our drinks and appetizers right away. After that though we waited 40 minutes before we got our lunch served. Didn't seem to be the wait staff's fault but a slow kitchen. And it wasn't that crowded so it should not have taken that long. But if you need time out of the hot sun for lunch at the amusement park it's a good choice.Special Features:
- Luv the pubNJ1momDined on 4/21/2014Enjoyed black and blue salad, chicken pot pie, and fish n chips. Nice waitress from LISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodlimaDined on 4/18/2014DELICIOUS FOOD!!! VERY NICE PLACE TO EAT. RECOMMENDED!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising findWitsend555Dined on 4/18/2014We happened in trying to avoid thunderstorms and found a surprisingly good meal. Portions were big. The Guinness stew was quite good with lots of beef. My daughter enjoyed the fruit and sorbet plate. Service was fast and friendly. Only complaint was that the air conditioning was very cold...especially when everyone was wet. Would go back on our next trip.Special Features:
- Simple and effectivenivraksDined on 4/17/2014Picked this place randomly as somewhere to eat whilst at the Universal parks, and turned out to be a great find. Menu was varied and provided some traditional English/Irish options which the kids loved. Portions were a good size, vegetarian options were tasty and overall we had a great time. Would recommend this as something that steps away from the traditional American fare in many of the on-park restaurants. Good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When basic park food isn't enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2014Irish food and fun. Typical Irish entrees exceeds what you'd expect at a park. Good atmosphere to get away from the park hassle. Service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice break at universal studiosCassiebDined on 4/15/2014If you want to eat in the park this is a decent choice. The meal wasn't drag out long. The Irish soda bread and apple butter is fun. I don't drink so I can't comment on the beer selection but other patrons said they really enjoy it. The food is pub fare. So lots of fried food but there are some healthier dishes. Unfortunately the corned beef was not to my husband's liking. But the fish and chips were delicious, salmon tasty. Burger was basic restaurant burger so safe bet. The desserts were small little cups which was perfect for our kids. Mainly sitting in ac and resting the feet was the best and we didn't have to wait for our table thanks to the open table reservation. Service was good and swift.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Times The CharmSTKitOutToTheEndDined on 4/14/2014This is our 3rd visit to Finnegan's here at Universal Studios Orlando. Once again the service was excellent and the food enjoyable.Special Features:
- Irish Bar and RestaurantPamDBDined on 4/14/2014On a recent vacation to Universal's Studios we ate dinner at Finnegan's. On our visit we chose to sit in the bar dining area instead of the dining room so that we could listen to the one man band playing guitar and singing Irish songs. The bar area was lively but, we enjoyed it. The beer was cold and went very well with our food. We started with Scotch Eggs and Irish soda bread. I had the salmon over mashed potatoes. It was excellent! I would recommend eating at this restaurant or stopping in for a cold beer while visiting Universal Studios.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2014We had a very pleasant lunch...nice change of pace from theme park food. Server was very good. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expectedTurfSurfDined on 4/9/2014After reading reviews of how good the food and service were for a theme park, we made reservations which were not necessary as the place was fairly empty. Food was just okay. Not that hot, but warm. Had the Kilkenny Pot Pie which did not have the "flaky" crust as advertised. My friend had a salad which he said was good. Would probably not return. We do have annual passes and spend time in the parks. Dining in the park is considered a treat. Not here.Special Features:
- child with allergiesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2014Very food allergy friendly. The chef spoke to my child at length, and together, they decided what my son's dining options were. The chef sat at our table for five minutes speaking mainly to my food allergic child. It made my child feel great. It made him feel safe. thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food poor servicesimmsouthDined on 3/28/2014The food was good had the Rueben, the appetizer of fried onions and potato was to die for. Daughter had ham burger it was a little under cooked for her. The only two things I would complain about are the fries that came with the meal had better and the service was poor. After we got our meal she never checked back on us we need BBQ sauce and by the time she came to the table we where done eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good; service was horribleTelise97Dined on 3/25/2014Even though we made reservations, we didn't get serviced by anyone right away. The manager finally came after 10 mins and took our drink and food order. Still no sign of waitress. Bread was delivered and was good. We had to flag someone down for drink refills. When our dinner came, the food was really good. But again still no sign of waitress. Wasn't until the check was delivered that we finally saw her. Took our payment, but was about 5-7 minutes before we got our card back. Summary - horrible service, but good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food lacking music!tsueDined on 3/25/2014Loved the ease of making the reservation on my cell phone. Actually scheduled dinner for 5:15 pm which turned out to be perfect as the parade just ended and we were right outside the door after watching the parade. Looks authentic but very disappointed had zero Irish Music nor dancers as the Downtown Disney irish pub does. Food was great, ease of getting our table was great but just didn't feel authentic for us. They really need to focus on making this an irish pub by incorporating music and atmosphere. Other than those two things great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Time at IOARickDined on 3/24/2014This was our 3rd table service restaurant during our stay at Universal Orlando. It must of been a low day because the park was not crowded and we really didn't need our reservation. This was our first reservation for supper and apparently it was because Finnegan's stays open later than some other table service restaurants. There was hardly anyone in the place so our server was able to give us very personal service. There was live music, but the sound level was still fairly low. The prices were very reasonable for being in a theme park. The food was very good. I would definitely recommend Finnegan's.Special Features:
- Amazing for theme park food!ColtconnDined on 3/24/2014Before we sat at our table, we decided to head to the bar while our table was cleaned off. The bartender was extremely kind and made sure we were happy with our drinks! Once we sat at our table a we ordered and we helped by an excellent waitress. Be sure to try some of their specialty drinks that they have named after some of the attractions in the park! Great service and great food, what more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant and beerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2014Love the place, excellent food, good live music and the beer was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed!FunmomDined on 3/22/2014Great service! Delicious meal! Awesome earthquake (margarita)! Fun atmosphere!Special Features:
- Great timeCrienhardtDined on 3/22/2014Finnigan's has great food that is always consistent and a really good Irish pint of beer. The service was very friendly and efficient. Loved it.Special Features:
- DisappointedJamesLDined on 3/22/2014We were really looking forward to this place, but it was just another theme park restaurant. The only thing that didn't taste overly processed was the Harp. 4 different meals all tasted either bland or just downright bad (kids burger). Again disappointing given the amount you're paying here. The location and ambiance are great, but the food has a long way to go