330 7th St
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepullmangws.com/
- Phone: 9702309234
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00 PM Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Mark Fischer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our entire menu is available for off-site catering as well as additional items. Please email us for more information.
A word from The Pullman
Defined as a laid back neighborhood dining spot as well as a culinary destination, the Pullman provides imaginative simple food and drink, caring hospitality, comfortable surroundings and exceptional value.Continued
Our cuisine is simple American, tuned to farm to table movement...innovative and inspired.
Our cuisine is simple American, tuned to farm to table movement...innovative and inspired.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Pullman - Best Restaurants in Glenwood Springs ›
The Pullman reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (81)neighborhood gem (50)hot spot (41)special occasion (35)great for outdoor dining (21)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (16)romantic (15)great for brunch (13)notable wine list (13)scenic view (10)late-night find (6)Show More
- Great service and yummy foodBirthdaygirlDined on 9/17/2014Our waiter and then later, our waitress were very attentive and had great suggestions. When we asked about bike rentals, they took time to explain trails and places we could rent bikes.Special Features:
- Pullman 9/16 BirthdayJibtDined on 9/16/2014The food rocks. Had several starters and entrees. Matched expectations as knew Pullman reputation. Service was initially quite slow and disjointed. It did improve as we got past ordering drinks. Wine offerings need a lot of work. They're clearly trying to hit a specific price range--that's great. We like the price range, just so many more wines that fit into that range. Offering two - three choices in popular varietals along with lesser-known others that always represent a good value would upgrade this area signficantly. Appropriate offering of craft beers. Desserts were good--nothing special. Spicy vodka cocktail was great, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elbowDined on 9/13/2014First and foremost, we found the staff to be very attentive and knowledgeable, easily and comfortably describing the specials and able answer any questions we had about the menu. The service was timely but not suffocating. And the food? I struggle to find adequate words. There a rare moments when one can say that they had just had an opportunity to experience food that had been perfectly prepared and presented. This was one of those moments. Beyond delicious. A most memorable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upbeat fun foodie findMrsTDined on 9/13/2014A quirky attitude, funky menu, and expert craftsmanship combine to make The Pullman an excellent dining option. Interesting twists on hot food trends are served up by knowledgeable, kind and upbeat staff. A fun slightly funky atmosphere brings energy to your dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceNewbieFoodieDined on 9/13/2014From the excellent service given by Curtis to the delicious cuisine at the restaurant. Great service and food, provided a great evening. Would recommend to any and all friends visiting Glenwood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Trip to the PullmanMaryWinDenverDined on 9/8/2014We stayed at the Denver Hotel last year on a women's getaway and dined at the Pullman and really liked it. When we decided to make a quick trip to Glenwood this year also, I immediately made reservations for us at the Pullman. It has wonderful food, a limited but good wine list, and a trendy urban vibe in the mountains. The service was outstanding. I highly recommend the Pullman. We will be back.Special Features:
- Incredible NighteatingslcDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary and we were not disappointed. The food, service and drinks were all fantastic. The server recommended dishes throughout the night and we left very full and content. Great meal! Thanks!Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014We were celebrating my 50th birthday. I was thrilled with the food and the fantastic service!! We will definitely go back when we are in Glenwood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in GlenwoodreganaDined on 9/5/2014This was the 3rd time eating at The Pullman. The food here is the best I have found in the area. And while I think the menu and quality was not up to the previous two visits, it is still a far sight better than the other dining options in town. We were stuck in traffic coming up from Denver and the staff at The Pullman were kind enough to hold our table for 6 the additional 90 minutes it took for us to arrive. Kudos to them! The noise level has been high each visit and pretty much prevented conversation among my group of soft spoken ladies.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2014This was our second time back to Glenwood Springs and we wanted to go back to the Pullman, where we were 17 months ago. It was just as good as we remembered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Loved This PlacejimofseattleVIPDined on 9/4/2014Before visiting Glenwood Springs for one night, I researched restaurants on Open Table and TripAdvisor and decided that The Pullman would be the place for us to have dinner. I was right. The staff is friendly and helpful, the atmosphere is upbeat, the food is delicious, and the cost is reasonable. I had beautifully grilled Colorado bass served over a tasty mixture of ingredients, and my companion had perfect mussels.Special Features:
- Best food in Glenwood Springs!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/4/2014So glad we tried this place. It is not fancy but what great food they serve!!! Very creative dishes at a very reasonable price. Highly recommend it to friends and relatives staying in Glenwood Springs or passing through on I-70.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent dining spotyouaskedmeDined on 9/2/2014We reviewed the dinner menu prior to making our reservation and were impressed by the thoughtful selection of creatively-prepared entrees. Our experience did not disappoint: the aged sirloin and pan-seared Colorado bass entrees were delicious. We enjoyed the restaurant's innovative sale of house wine by the milliliter in lab flasks (which you pour into your wineglass). We look forward to dining there on our next visit to Glenwood Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceFamilyof4Dined on 8/30/2014The Pullman was a pleasant restaurant. The ambiance was nice and the service was good and attentive. The food was good, but the amount was smaller than expected for the money. Adding bread to the service would have been a plus.Special Features:
- Consistently goodPullmanFan1Dined on 8/29/2014Great choice for Glenwood. Food always creative and tasty and a good value. Servers always excellent. Did bristle a bit at having made reservations about 2 months ago, yet got seated in the far corner next to the servers' station. Place is noisy, so if you want intimate, this is not for you. Burger was best have had since I can remember. Greens salad kind of salty--? Choc bread pudding, meh. Overall tho we always hit this place when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineoutDineoutDined on 8/28/2014TOOK MY WIFE AND KIDS FOR OUR 33 WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. THE HAMBURGER HAD NO FLAVOR AND THE FRENCH FRIES WERE COLD. VERY DISAPPOINTING
- Great food. Even better peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014It was amazing. The staff was polite and amazing and the food was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGKirkDined on 8/24/2014I had the braised lamb bolognase pasta that was so delicious. The sauce and the gnocchi and the lamb was a beautiful trio. The service was excellent. The manager came over several times and had great conversation with her. My girlfriend had salmon with smoked mashed potatoes that she said was spectacular. Next time in Glenwood we would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Could have been a nice dinnerheartCODined on 8/21/2014Although the food was creative and flavorful, trying to enjoy it with a table full of LOUD adults and poorly behaved preschoolers next to us made it impossible. We could hardly converse without raising our voices. I would strongly suggest getting a table outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Had a great dinner here on a busy Saturday night. Reservations worked our perfect -- and they were needed, very busy place. We sat at 2 tables in a corner area; staff was excellent helping us with a reservation for a party of 12. The menu is sophisticated and appealed to everyone -- carnivores, vegetarians, and kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprise find in GlenwoodskichumleyDined on 8/15/2014Chose to dine here based on some online reviews and we were glad we did! I did not expect to find a fine dining experience in this touristy mountain town that would compare to what one would find in Denver - what a pleasant surprise. While the service was adequate and the starters were just okay, the entrees and the cocktails were fabulous! Interesting take on an Old Fashioned - unlike any I've ever had. The pork belly and the duck meatball entrees were just out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rainy night in GlenwoodmariaDined on 8/13/2014I was greeted by a host who did not welcome me who said he did not have our reservation. He finally realized he had already seated my dining partner. His treatment was described by me to the server. I asked our server for a complimentary glass of wine for each of us. She was most helpful in making us feel welcome. Her service was wonderful and we had a great meal...full of interesting items. We would go back again.Special Features:
- We Loved It!AussieLadyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Interesting and yummy food that was a welcome change from the pub fare so common in Colorado tourist spots. The Spring H2O cocktail and the Black Forest Bread Pudding are on my "best ever" list. The arugula salad with pork belly and peaches was scrumptious. My one minor complaint was that the pace of service was a little faster than we would have liked, especially since the restaurant was not full.Special Features:
- What happened?eatoutalotVIPDined on 8/8/2014We used to love The Pullman and have visited often. This visit was so poor we may have to take it off our list. The service was awful. A solid hour between courses, and that was after the 45 minutes it took to get our starters!!! Half the food orders were wrong or ICE COLD when delivered and the quality of the food was way off. Drinks rarely refilled. Snotty waitress attitude...Hey when we ask nice for an iced tea or soda refill it should not take 20 minutes and then get some serious snarly looks to boot! Sorry we bothered you!!!! Ladies room had no toilet paper, we even mentioned it...not rectified even then. Is the staff not wiping either? We were so disappointed... seriously hope this was just an off day.
- NanoDined on 8/6/2014Salmon was wonderful. Not great seating for five or over. Lots of fun. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiscoveryPullmanFansDined on 8/3/2014As an out of tower just travelling through on vacation, we discovered The Pullman on Trip Advisor. What a find! The food was spectacular and the service was attentive without being intrusive. Our waiter, John, was able and willing to answer all our questions regarding the menu. We will definitely come back and will happily recommend The Pullman to friends and family.Special Features:
- PRETTY GOOD FOOD HEREdlk1947VIPDined on 8/2/2014WE WERE TOLD THAT THE PULLMAN WAS THE PLACE TO EAT IN GLENWOOD SPRINGS. THEY WERE RIGHT. THE CHICKEN WITH A MUSTARD FINISH WAS VERY GOOD AND AS STATED BY A PREVIOUS REVIEWER. MY WIFE OVERHEARD A WAITRESS PRAISE THE MUSSELS AND ORDERED THEM. THE BROTH AND FLAVOR WERE GOOD BUT SEVERAL MUSSELS WERE "MUSHY" AND HAD TO BE SPIT OUT. CAN NOT TELL WHETHER THEY WERE IN THE POT TOO LONG OR JUST OLD DECAYING MUSSELS. HARD TO TELL WITH MUSSELS AS THE SHELL REVEALS NOTHING. WE WOULD EAT THERE AGAIN-JUST NOT THE MUSSELS.Special Features:
- Off nightLocalVailDined on 7/31/2014We have gone here numerous times and always enjoyed it. The waitress was so off. Our friend asked for a beer on tap and she brought him wine. I ordered a salad. She brought my entree and offered to bring the salad then. When I said no, she commented that I would rather dessert! My mussels were good. None of the three other dinners liked their dinner or special soup course. Hope this is a one time off.Special Features:
- Lively Glenwood Springs venueBushmomVIPDined on 7/27/2014Try the brined roast chicken as well as the duck appetizers. So good ! Restaurant is a 5 bells place, high ceilings, open concept and too much concrete and steel. Cannot hear yourself talk.Sit outside if you can. Food was great. OK Wine list for moderately priced wines.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big food in a small townOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014The Pullman is a must for those who what trendy delicious food. Not good for small children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big City Restaurant in Small CityJayBDined on 7/26/2014Spent weekend in GWS from Denver. Had been recommended to try The Pullman by two separate friends. We were not disappointed. Undoubtably the best restaurant I've been to in GWS having eaten out at least 8 times on multiple occasions. Ate appetizer, small plates and large plate and all were wonderful. Great beers on tap. Wish we lived closer so we could more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have to ask to many questionsTime2FlyAwayVIPDined on 7/22/2014Unless you are a foodie this place has to explain their dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good.CM2014Dined on 7/18/2014Wendys fast food is better than this place. 👎👎👎
- Love this place!pat19cDined on 7/16/2014We have been to The Pullman now 3 times and have never been disappointed. Amazing food with a menu that changes frequently. The cocktails are fabulous, too! Very knowledgeable staff and a funky ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GingerbearDined on 7/16/2014Great food what a surprise find in Glenwood Springs. A little slice of hipster Brooklyn in the mountains.Special Features:
- The Class Act of Glenwood.marcoliusVIPDined on 7/6/2014By far the best place we ate at in Glenwood Springs. Creative menu, excellent execution.Special Features:
- Creative FoodLC02Dined on 7/5/2014Enjoyed a lovely lunch outdoors... very creative menu... food was delicious and beautifully presented.. friendly atmosphere too...Special Features:
- Everything but the serviceColoradofoodDined on 7/4/2014We had made a reservation for 2 people at 7:30 on the patio. We arrived at 7:20 and the hostess told us she had just seated the patio and it would be at least 45 minutes. Why would she have filled her patio knowing a reservation was coming in at 7:30? It makes no sense. Then she said we could be seated inside within 10 minutes so we agreed and went to the bar to get a drink. 30 minutes later we had a table. There really is just no excuse for treating customers this way when they have made a reservation with you. The rest of the service was very slow but the food and atmosphere were up to par. Unfortunately we do not live near the restaurant and will not have an opportunity to give it a second try for quite a while.Special Features:
- Glenwood findEdwinDined on 7/3/2014I found The Pullman from various online reviews and there were conflicting viewpoints. After dining there it is wonderful. First great variety in cocktails to enjoy before dinner and then there was some really great stuff on the menu. My favorites were the perogies and the succotash. In fact I could of had those two as a main dish and been really happy! We tried many items off the menu and I would have to say there wasn't a loser on it! Great place and will be back!Special Features:
- Fab dinner with friends!!!SunnyDined on 7/3/2014We all met friends from Apsen and Denver at the Pullman and had a great time! The food was amazing and the drinks were wonderful!! Our waiter John is fab!!! He has waited on us before:).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.