424 South Bethlehem Pike
Fort Washington, PA 19034Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantinafeliz.com/
- Phone: 2156461320x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 8:30pm
*Please note, we will be close Thanksgiving Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Timothy Spinner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Cantina Feliz has an array of spaces to host events for parties of any size from small business dinners to bridal showers to weddings and bar mitzvahs.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Sirhal 2156461320x
A word from Cantina Feliz
Cantina Feliz blends a vibrant setting with a passion for hospitality to create an exceptional modern Mexican dining experience. We take a contemporary approach to the way we do Mexican food. Fresh, High-quality ingredients are the foundation to our transformation of amazing produce, fish, and meat to the food we bring to your table. At Cantina Feliz, we pledge to serve you only the best.Continued
Please visit the other Feliz Restaurants, Taqueria Feliz in Manayunk and La Calaca Feliz in the Art Museum neighborhood of Philadelphia.
Please visit the other Feliz Restaurants, Taqueria Feliz in Manayunk and La Calaca Feliz in the Art Museum neighborhood of Philadelphia.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Cantina Feliz - Best Restaurants in Flourtown/Fort Washington ›
Cantina Feliz reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (76)fit for foodies (71)good for groups (71)vibrant bar scene (37)hot spot (36)special occasion (35)great for lunch (30)kid-friendly (29)romantic (14)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Authentic and tastyLahollowDined on 3/21/2014Even after arriving late for our reservation, my party of 3 was seated after a minimal wait. The appetizers and meal were displayed beautifully and tasted just as good as they looked. We all left raving about out meals. I can't wait to go back. This place is definitely my new favorite spot for Mexican.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, differentKearnzDined on 3/15/2014Great ambiance, different drink menu, fantastic food. Every person at the table loved the appetizers, drinks and entree. Prices are slightly high, but worth every dollar for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014We love good Mexican food, but this was not it. Sauces were very heavy and overwhelmed the actual food beneath. None of the complexity of real Mexican sauces. This was much closer to the suburban mall Mexican examples we are all familiar with than what we expected.
- Prices are higher than expected.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014Prices are higher than expected. Red sangria was uninteresting and chips with guacamole and salsa have to be ordered as an app. Very loud in the restaurant and our table of six had trouble hearing each other. Have had better Mexican elsewhere.Special Features:
- Excellent experience all around.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/7/2014Excellent experience all around. Great food. Great drinks. Awesome serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeRodQDined on 2/23/2014This restaurant is a vibrant place in a quiet neighborhood. The food is fantastic, Well prepared, & quite flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious. TheMexicanguruDined on 2/15/2014The food was delicious. The service was prompt and courteous. I was a bit surprised and disappointed that at a Mexican restaurant the classic margarita was served in a water glass. I would have appreciated a margarita glass. I noticed that's how they served them.. Not just that possibly they were out of glasses. This would have improved my experience and possibly prompted me to order a second...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time and getting better!OutforthenightDined on 2/15/2014This was our third time to Cantina Feliz and the best! Our other two visits were very good, but this trip was excellent. We both went with the Valentine's Tasting Menu. The first course and dessert were pretty good, the second and third courses were amazing. Highly recommend and would recommend reservations for Saturday nights.Special Features:
- I have been here only twoFlanneryDined on 2/14/2014I have been here only two times now - both times on a busy weekend night - yet the service was exceptional! The food is awesome as well. I recommend this place to anyone I know in the area. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodpaulymkDined on 2/14/2014Not your typical Mexican restaurant. Great variety, great food, great everything.Special Features:
- Great all around!heyitsmeDined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend took me here for Valentine's Day. Everything was exceptional! The guacamole and tortilla soup was amazing! Great atmosphere and service. Will definitely be back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/12/2014This was the 4th time I have been to Cantina Feliz and each and every time has gotten better. Our waitress was outstanding and the food never seems to fail.Special Features:
- Best Mexican food outside of PhillytogoVIPDined on 2/9/2014This was by far the best Mexican food I've had outside of Philadelphia. We were pleasantly suprised. Can't wait for a return trip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second TimeMexicanfoodfansDined on 2/8/2014My husband and I went for dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. This was our second time to this location. It was very good and very fresh! We both really enjoyed our meals. The drinks were great too! Before we got our table, we were trying to get a drink from the bar. The bar was pretty crowded. Only 2 bartenders and they seemed to stay at one end of the bar. They definitely could have used 3 bartenders. Luckily, our table was ready and we got seated. We ordered our drinks from the waitress and she delivered them fast..... (no luck from us waiting at the bar). Our dinner was good and we enjoyed it! We'll be back!Special Features:
- JBJohnBartlettDined on 2/8/2014Good food, but our waiter was lacking in personality: wrote his order down, didn't acknowledge us, didn't tell us about any specials or recommendations. It's as if we were inconveniencing him.Special Features:
- New menuLuv2eatVIPDined on 2/7/2014Been here dozens of times and always enjoyed our meals, but with a new menu comes higher prices. food and service were great, the nachos and black bass were delicious, but $12 for watered down margaritas in Fort Washington is a little too much. Cost us $125 for one appetizer, 2 main courses and drinks for Mexican seems a little high. Not rushing back so fast.Special Features:
- Great FoodSandyDined on 1/30/2014Great Mexican food, very fresh. Unfortunately, we were seated in a narrow side room that had a table of six with very noisy children. They left and that table was filled with four young women who were, believe it or not, louder than the previous table. At times, you could not talk without shouting. Waiter was great, explained menu as it was our first visit. Would definitely return but would ask to sit in an area with all small tables.Special Features:
- A dining gem in the NW suburbsSteveDined on 1/25/2014We've been going to Cantina Feliz since they've opened and have dined here maybe 8 or 9 times since then. For the most part the service is very good, though can be a bit chaotic during prime weekend hours. Food is all excellent and prices are reasonable. Get a small group together and get the suckling pig! It's a feast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happening suburban sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2014Clearly the place to be in Ft. Washington for those who have someone watching the kids. Delicious, inventive Mexican food with knowledgable wait staff. Try the tasting menu- you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I joined ourCaitrVIPDined on 1/24/2014My husband and I joined our friends for dinner on Friday. We loved the sangria and margaritas! The guacamole was delish and so was my crab cake! My husband had the fish tacos and really enjoyed! The group shared the nachos and they were fantastic! We cannot wait to go back and try more dishes from the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very slow service but food was goodBeckyDined on 1/20/2014This was the first time at Cantina Feliz for our group. Reservations were made and we were seated right away when we arrived on a Monday evening. The major con (complaint) would be that the service was extremely SLOW! Took us almost an hour to get our food. The food itself was good but might not have been worth the wait being so long that half of the group took their food and dessert to go. Being our first time there I'm not sure if service is always slow or they were just having an off day but even another couple (of 2) around us sat for a long time before they got their food. Not sure if I would return? Like I said the food and drinks were good BUT the service was SLOW.Special Features:
- 1 st timebarryfahitaDined on 1/19/2014We thought we would try it for restaurant week. I had the 3 course dinner and my wife just had an entrée. We shared my appetizer-crab meat in cream cheese. Waitress recommended td and it was excellent. We will definilty go again. We eat out 5-6 nites a week so it could become a regular stopping place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deafening!JJPodVIPDined on 1/17/2014Food is great, but the noise level is deafening. Go on a weeknight or go to Calaca Feliz in Fairmount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When in Fort Washington, PA...JaneDined on 1/16/2014Try some great Mexican at Cantina Feliz, The cerviche is amazing.Special Features:
- Seniors' Winter LunchAnneaterDined on 1/15/2014With so much snow and cold recently in our area, it was great to go out on a pleasant winter's day. We were seated immediately beside a window that was touched by sunshine. Each of us chose a first and second course from the lunch menu. My husband picked shrimp ceviche (stuffed with shrimp) and the reliable chicken enchilada, while I chose the calabaza , a butternut squash soup that would have been enough for me as I am a light lunch eater. To keep my husband company I went with the crab fundido, which delicious though it was, had enough left to take home for dinner. We sat a few minutes after finishing eating to finish a sangria and Dos Equis without being hurried. Altogether a "happy" experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2014the chicken taco was delicious. the chicken was super moist and was presented sliced on the plate so you could actually eat it with a knife and fork if you didn't care to make it in the tacos. the refried beans were delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!SiouxVIPDined on 1/3/2014The best nachos ever! Yum! Cosy atmosphere and really great food. Only complaint: this is the only Mexican restaurant where I can't get any kind of margarita frozen - they only offer one flavor (mango) frozen from a slushy machine. I am puzzled as to why they can't use a blender... Even TGIFridays, Appleby's, etc. can make a frozen margarita in any flavor....Special Features:
- delicious dinnerfirstclass140Dined on 12/29/2013one in our party had the duck confit taco special, that was very good. two others had seafood enchilada, also delicious. No complaints at all with our meal.Special Features:
- Great food, fun atmosphereFoodieGirlDined on 12/28/2013Went to Cantina Feliz to celebrate my birthday. The food was better than I expected and the entire staff was very friendly. Originally from CA, I have avoided Mexican food in PA because it just can't compete. I stand corrected-Cantina Feliz is very good. We'll be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Tex Mex to enjoyLiteBiteDined on 12/27/2013Fun local neighborhood restaurant. It is extremely loud. A little too loud to be honest but I'd rather that than a really quiet restaurant. It feels like a fun place. The guacamole and chips are excellent!! Best in the area!! Like that the dishes are light but it would be nice to add or change some of the dishes. It's been the same fir a while if I'm mistaken. Overall a great local place to go. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food poor service.nnp103VIPDined on 12/26/2013This was my second time visiting this restaurant. The food was a good as I remembered. The service not so much.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good, but noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/26/2013Food was very good, but noise level was unpleasant!Special Features:
- Tasty FoodBlufurDined on 12/23/2013I met a friend there for lunch after reading some reviews and boy, was I not disappointed. Started the meal off with a spicy Margarita and it was just the right amount of heat. Had the Tortilla soup, which was excellent and then the Short Rib Enchiladas, which were rich and deep with flavor. Being too stuff, could not have dessert. The wait staff were very friendly and attentive. I look forward to going there again for dinner.Special Features:
- A favorite!lindampDined on 12/21/2013Love dining here. Easily accessible from the turnpike, we travel from lower Bucks County frequently because the food is so good. Everything from beginnings to dessert will have you swooning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my second time diningAdventurousDinerVIPDined on 12/11/2013This was my second time dining at Cantina Feliz, so it is obviously worth a return trip. All the food was perfectly prepared and I actually enjoyed my weeknight visit this time more because it was a little more quiet. I will say the menu is somewhat limited, so picky eaters should check it out ahead of time lest they be disappointed that what they want isn't served. I'm guessing the restaurant focuses on cooking fewer dishes really well rather than spreading themselves too thin. My only criticism is that the wine serving was very small for the price and the margarita seemed kind of watered down,
- Good, local spotBillyBobDined on 12/7/2013The margaritas were good, the food was very good, decoration was pretty cool. All around good spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodK2escottVIPDined on 12/7/2013This time came with teens, they ordered steak and chicken al carbon tacos which is too expensive for what it is…although the fish tacos al carbon really were delicious and i'd get again. they again willingly tried to make the best drink from lacalaca feliz (cumberland blues) but they were made totally differently…i appreciated the effort and both were still enjoyable. Although this is a suburban setting, i do wish they'd import more from LaCalaca Feliz as I think we can handle it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nuevo Mexican in the burbsadshanselDined on 12/7/2013Some traditional styles (tacos, enchiladas) mix with contemporary ingredients (short ribs) to create fantastic combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not dissappointedAnneDined on 12/6/2013Food was Perfection! The waiter excellent. It is noisy. Not disappointed We are definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, Unique FoodLeslieVIPDined on 11/30/2013This Mexican restaurant is absolutely amazing. The recipes are unique and delicious. Very good quality also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.