424 South Bethlehem Pike
Fort Washington, PA 19034Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantinafeliz.com/
- Phone: 2156461320x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 8:30pm
*Please note, we will be close Thanksgiving Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Timothy Spinner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Cantina Feliz has an array of spaces to host events for parties of any size from small business dinners to bridal showers to weddings and bar mitzvahs.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Sirhal 2156461320x
A word from Cantina Feliz
Cantina Feliz blends a vibrant setting with a passion for hospitality to create an exceptional modern Mexican dining experience. We take a contemporary approach to the way we do Mexican food. Fresh, High-quality ingredients are the foundation to our transformation of amazing produce, fish, and meat to the food we bring to your table. At Cantina Feliz, we pledge to serve you only the best.Continued
Please visit the other Feliz Restaurants, Taqueria Feliz in Manayunk and La Calaca Feliz in the Art Museum neighborhood of Philadelphia.
Please visit the other Feliz Restaurants, Taqueria Feliz in Manayunk and La Calaca Feliz in the Art Museum neighborhood of Philadelphia.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Cantina Feliz - Best Restaurants in Flourtown/Fort Washington ›
Cantina Feliz reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (76)good for groups (72)fit for foodies (71)vibrant bar scene (36)hot spot (35)special occasion (34)great for lunch (30)kid-friendly (29)romantic (14)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- The bestDonWDined on 6/12/2014Server was great! Very pleasant and enthusiastic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and Fresh - as usualLisa214Dined on 6/11/2014I have been to Cantina Feliz for lunch with colleagues several times and it is consistently great. The menu is well executed and the food is extremely fresh. Service is always very good. My only suggestion would be to add a couple more items to the lunch menu.Special Features:
- Worst Service everBelleNicoleVIPDined on 6/10/2014Arrived with our party for a corporate luncheon. Was seated immediately & greeted by a lovely & friendly hostess. Watched our server attend to other tables before he approached us for our drink order, 20 minutes AFTER being seated. 10 minutes later he brings us our drinks (again as he attended to other smaller tables and didn't go and get our drinks promptly) he finally brought us our drinks. And took our order but at this point, we had been seated for 40 minutes already. The lunch menu was very limited. From the time we were seated to the time we received our soup/salad option #1, it was 1 hour later. HORRIBLE SERVICE. Had to get our lunch to go because he took too long to serve us.
- Decent food.Luc2dinsVIPDined on 6/8/2014The food here is consistently good, I happens to have dessert this time( we usually don't order dessert), we had a chocolate cake, and the tres leches, both were mediocre. However, the queso fondito de hongos and nachos were solid. I have recommended cantina feliz to many people and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great MealrichojrVIPDined on 6/7/2014We've visited several times and have always enjoyed a great meal. I've eaten alone at the bar, and have hosted a table of 8. I particularly like the ceviche verde, and the chorizo fundido is a guilty pleasure. I've sampled almost everything on the menu, and they were all executed well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Awesome Meal!Fab1VIPDined on 6/7/2014Our recent dinner was absolutely phenomenal! From appetizers to soup, to entrees, the food was delicious! Our cousins from Toronto who were visiting could not stop raving. All in all, a wonderful dining experience! Service, as always, was very friendly and our food was brought promptly!Special Features:
- Delicious!!ExperteaterVIPDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I love this restaurant!! We always get at least one of the specials because they are always fantastic!! This weekend it was a scallop ceviche appetizer that was out of this world!! But it always thought to figure out what else to order because we enjoy sooo many things on the menu. This time we went with tuna ceviche taco appetizer and the grilled shrimp appetizer. They are two of our favorites!! Our kids love the chips and guacamole and then they usua make their own tacos with the grilled chicken. All the food is of the high test quality! No need to make the drive to philly because this place has it all!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/5/2014This is a great restaurant with fantastic food, great lunch specials, and fun decor.Special Features:
- Fabulous MexicanDuffyDuoDined on 6/3/2014After a mishap with a requested table, the rest of our experience was wonderful. Our server was knowledgable and very attentive. The food was absolutely fantastic. If you go try the blue cheese and fig guacamole. It is one of the best mexican appetizers we have ever had. The rest of the meal did not disappoint us. At the end of the meal, the server came up to us with the dessert menu and told us that dessert was on them for the little mishap at the beginning. We definitely would go again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- non traditional take on mexicanrayjr13VIPDined on 6/2/2014this is not traditional Mexican cuisine but the liberties taken result in tasty and unique creations. The classics aren't missing just remixed. It's a fun restaurant with pleasant staff. A place I might return to when in the area. And would suggest for someone looking for something different and possibly unexpected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperdelishDined on 5/30/2014First time at Cantina Feliz. Great appetizers - fantastic shrimp ceviche. We had the enchildadas - chicken, beef and seafood (1 of each) and they were delicious. The margaritas were really good also. Will definitely go back so we can try more dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/29/2014The food was delicious. I wish the servings were a little bigger, because I finished everything on my plate. Nothing was overly seasoned. Our chips and salsa were never brought out however the waitress removed it from our bill and gave it to us to go. The Santana Margarita was so good. Definitely would recommend and come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 717 reviews are from the Cantina Feliz reviews archive.
- Fun nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Was a good dining experience. Attentive waitstaff. Good food. Good drinks. Reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/23/2014Excellent meal. I am not generally a big fan of Mexican food but this was delicious. Fresh flavors, nice sized portions. We really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- So Glad My First Choice Was Closedjv123Dined on 5/22/2014Chose this resturant after realizing my first choice was closed. This was my first time here, and I am so happy that my evening turned out this way! The waitress was very friendly and the appetizers and drinks were served quickly. The guacamole was amazing, as was the Tortilla soup. I had the sea bass entree, which was also very good. The decor is very colorful and the place has a comfortable feel to it. I will definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So hard to pick just one...YummDined on 5/18/2014My husband never thought he'd like Mexican food, but he loves Cantin Felix. He wants to go every week! When we go we want to have all our favorites but learned a lesson, you can't it everything in one meal. So fabulously good, but we didn't need to eat again for two days. Love love loveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!vegKDined on 5/17/2014Food here is always fantastic - never disappoints. Margaritas are great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as usualschwinn140Dined on 5/11/2014Thanks again for the great service, food, and drinks. Keep it goingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayTamarellatDined on 5/10/2014My family brought me to Cantina Feliz for Mother's Day. Our food was delcious and the drinks were outstanding!Special Features:
- Good food, very loud restaurantJohnDined on 5/10/2014Had 1 regular guacamole and one with crab, both were very good. There were 6 of us we all enjoyed our entrees, I got the crab cake and it was a tad too spicy for me but good. The cauliflower side was delicious. It was so loud in there we could hardly talk to each other, I wouldn’t go back on a weekend night again unless we went earlier. The gratuity was added on and my husband didn’t notice, left a tip on top of that. The next day he was thinking it was really expensive for that meal and then realized. In the restaurants defense the menu did say that parties of 6 would have the gratuity added, anyway he called, they looked up the check and saw that we had left above and beyond the added gratuity. They sent us a gift card in the mail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cantina Feliz is GreatlocalfoodloverDined on 5/10/2014Cantina Feliz is a consistently great restaurant! Go there often on date night. Ceviche Verde & Carnitas to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cantina FelizmmcdjconDined on 5/10/2014Great traditional and progressive Mexican fare! Korean bbq tacos were something you don't see eveeyday and delicious to boot. My wife had steak tip enchiladas "the best she's ever had."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJohnDined on 5/8/2014The food at Cantina Feliz is outstanding. We were seated near a table with a loud and noisy crowd, and we were looking for a quiet dinner. We asked to be moved and the staff was very accomodating.Special Features:
- Great Cinco De Mayo CelebrationSocialGirl210Dined on 5/5/2014A group of friends met here for Cinco De Mayo. Food was great- Drinks were great and the atmosphere was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outLJA7Dined on 5/5/2014Good food, relaxing atmosphere. Pleasant, accommodating staff. Excellent Margaritas!Special Features:
- Delicious ceviche!KarenDined on 5/4/2014I tried their delicious ceviche! It was amazing! Because this was so good I ordered the baja fish tacos. I was disappointed that it was breaded. Not really into fried fish tacos. Everything else was outstanding! Would be great it they had low carb options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican steps it up a notchFoodie4everVIPDined on 4/26/2014Nice variety of Mexican dishes. We had the grilled shrimp for an appetizer and it was outstanding! It came atop a corn salsa/relish that I will certainly crave.Special Features:
- All Hail Cantina Felize!WildheartRileyDined on 4/26/2014Always such a fine meal, I have never had a bad meal here! Great Drinks, food.... lunch is the best deal ever!!Special Features:
- Great find for Mexican foodNickBDined on 4/25/2014This was our 2nd time at Cantina Feliz and it was just as great as the first. Margaritas are tops and so is the sangria. Lots of beer choices. To get started, the guacamole is the best -- a perfect mix of fresh avocado and cilantro. Nachos are equally good. Fish tacos and enchiladas were the main course. We expected the fish to be loose and flaky, but it was rolled up and lightly fried, appearing like a hot dog in the tortilla. However, the taste was really good. Great, young wait staff and it was especially nice to hear many genuine "thank yous" as we were leaving. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Wow! What great food!foodislifeDined on 4/25/2014In our 32 years of married life, my wife and I agree that we had one of the two or three best dinners we have ever had. The food was great, the service was outstanding and the presentation was commensurate with the high quality of the ingredients. The chef has a light and subtle touch which brings out the best in the ingredients. This would have been the only five star recommendation I have ever given out if only the noise level had been lower. We like quiet dining. If you prefer an "energetic" atmosphere, you will not be able to refrain from a five star rating!Special Features:
- Wasn't that impressed.DebK419Dined on 4/18/2014Went there to celebrate my mom's birthday & service was poor at best. The waiter seemed aloof & didn't really care. He only checked in on us 1 or 2x through the meal. When the soup was brought they didn't come with spoons so we had to wait for before we could eat. My dinner came about 5 minutes after everyone elses. The short rib enchiladas were good and my mom enjoyed her tacos. The evening started out on a bad note when we wouldn't seat us because everyone wasn't there yet but then a patron came in right after us and she was seated even though her whole party wasn't there yet. When we spoke to the manager she said it was one of their rules. When questioned further why it applied to us and not to the other party she had no response.
- Never a bad mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2014Had dinner on a Monday night. Food outstanding, service first rate. Staff is always in a good mood. A very nice dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!GinaDined on 4/13/2014Another great dinner at Cantina Feliz. We were there for a birthday, we love to have special occasions here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timejlnasDined on 4/12/2014Everything was Perfect in my book. Service was prompt, courteous, and very knowledgeable of menu items. Food was spectacular and the pricing was very reasonable. We had a great time and cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Mexican Done Right.SuburbanDinerDined on 4/11/2014A cool vibe and decor, friendly staff and terrific food put this Mexican in the top five in the suburbs.Special Features:
- Great Food - Service Just OKLarryDined on 4/5/2014First time dining here, Saturday night was crowded and loud. Enjoyed our food and drink selections, although appetizer for four was meager quantity. Our server was just OK in terms of having to wait once we were seated and "checking" from time to time. Even though we said that this was our first time dining there, didn't do a good job of explaining the menu choices - May have been too busy.Waited for check longer than expected after dessert. Overall, enjoyed the food and ambience - next time on a weekday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must have been an off nightOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/29/2014We frequent Cantina & usually have great service/food. However, we waited about 25 min for a 7:30 reservation. One thing I can not stand is waiting for a reservation. 25 min with no apology or thanks for being so understanding was unacceptable. We decided to sit at the bar & the bar tender gave us drink menus right away but then proceed to ignore until we totally flagged him down. Once seated for dinner, we ordered the same thing we always order which was their octopus dish. Usually amazing!! However, it was heavily pan seared & chewy & extremely salty. The color/texture of it looked completely different that what is usually served. It was not good. We asked the waiter if it had been changed & he said no. Also, our entrees were very salty.
- NEVER disappoints!!!! AMAZING!!EdNsamDined on 3/28/2014We are so happy to have discovered this restaurant! We are big foodies and they have it ALL here! The food is incredible, the plating is gorgeous, the ambiance is perfect, the service is phenomenal, and the owners are in the kitchen & on the floor. This has quickly risen the ranks and is on it's way to possibly becoming our favorite restaurant !! The issue we usually have with restaurants that we like is that they lack consistency at times. Not Cantina.This was our 5th time here and it is just as good as the 1st time. We love Bailey, but we have also had Tim, Maria, Chris ... They are all so knowledgable !! Last night we saw Maura & Chris kill it on the bar. Maybe we had 1 too many margaritas, but how can you not?! They are incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sunday mealJB11Dined on 3/23/2014Enjoyed a nice early Sunday meal this week. food was good basic neighborhood place type. Not worth a long trip but if you live in the area try it. Portion sizes are large w/ most people leaving w/ bags. We had a couple appetizers and two different entrees that were satisfying. The Guacomole had a bitter taste due to to bits of peel in the mix. Fish taco very average. Tortilla soup was hearty but I was expecting better seasoning. The Pork tacitos were the best dish but could still have benefited from more balanced seasoning. Nice reasonably priced wine and beer list. Compliments food well. Would have expected more for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- App Special not up to parFoodCritic007VIPDined on 3/21/2014Ordered the app special of the night, wild boar tamale. Presented nicely, but not very warm, seemed as if it had been sitting at room temp for a bit, not just out of the oven. I didn't really pick up on any wild boar flavor, the meaty inside of the tamale was quite dry and really needed the crema and mole sauce that was served with it to flavor it. Oddly, my favorite part of that dish were the mushroom slices on the plate. Entree was the seafood enchilada and I remembered why I stopped ordering it, its swimming in green chile sauce which just overpowers the seafood and enchilada. I'l like to see less sauce on this dish so I can really taste the food. Sauces should enhance and accompany, not overwhelm the dish.