424 South Bethlehem Pike
Fort Washington, PA 19034Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantinafeliz.com/
- Phone: 2156461320x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 8:30pm
*Please note, we will be close Thanksgiving Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Timothy Spinner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Cantina Feliz has an array of spaces to host events for parties of any size from small business dinners to bridal showers to weddings and bar mitzvahs.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Sirhal 2156461320x
A word from Cantina Feliz
Cantina Feliz blends a vibrant setting with a passion for hospitality to create an exceptional modern Mexican dining experience. We take a contemporary approach to the way we do Mexican food. Fresh, High-quality ingredients are the foundation to our transformation of amazing produce, fish, and meat to the food we bring to your table. At Cantina Feliz, we pledge to serve you only the best.Continued
Please visit the other Feliz Restaurants, Taqueria Feliz in Manayunk and La Calaca Feliz in the Art Museum neighborhood of Philadelphia.
Please visit the other Feliz Restaurants, Taqueria Feliz in Manayunk and La Calaca Feliz in the Art Museum neighborhood of Philadelphia.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Cantina Feliz - Best Restaurants in Flourtown/Fort Washington ›
Cantina Feliz reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (79)fit for foodies (73)good for groups (71)special occasion (37)hot spot (36)vibrant bar scene (36)great for lunch (32)kid-friendly (30)romantic (14)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Suburban foodie haven!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2011We think this place is absolutely outstanding! Food, service, everything is just to die for. Recommend the black bass and NY strip steak as favorites - and just about anything on the appetizer menu. All so freakin good!Special Features:
- Distrito IIOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2011Distrito of the suburbs! With a much more appropriate atmosphere to compliment the refined flavors of Mexican cuisine. A very knowledgeable server gave us the time and attention we required to make the best menu choices for our palettes. Though Cantina Feliz is located in Fort Washington, expect to pay Downtown prices, but for a night out, it's worth the denaro and saving on the drive into town.Special Features:
- If you go for the drinks alone,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2011If you go for the drinks alone, you wont be dissapointed! Everything is FRESH FRESH FRESH!!! Blood orange margherita was on special and it was amazing. The food was, again, super fresh and well thought out! We left there full and pleasently satisfied! SO happy that a great new restaurant has opened around here! My husband and I are self proclaimed "foodies" and can be a little critical, but i honestly have nothing bad to say, all positives!Special Features:
- Amazing! I highlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2011Awesome food, great environment, and attentive service. The menus, although on the alley side, had a good variety of unique and interesting dishes. We liked everything we had there. The desserts were great too!Special Features:
- I am very excited to haveNitiVIPDined on 2/14/2011I am very excited to have a downtown quality restaurant in the suburbs! Cantina Feliz food is similar to Distrito in Philadelphia. Dinner can be noisy, but lunch is quieter. The lunch deal at $12.95 for 2 courses and soda is awesome. Fresh ingredients, good presentation, attentive staff and good vegetarian options. Decor is vibrant and I love the seating by the windows with the sun streaming in. I wish Tim & Brian lots of luck.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2011First time my wife and I ate at Cantinza Feliz. The food was very good and our waitress was excellent. We had a very enjoyable Valentine's Day dinner.Special Features:
- Way too noisy. No chips &denwaVIPDined on 2/12/2011Way too noisy. No chips & salsa offered. Eclectic Mexican & small portions. Not worth the money if you truly want Mexican.
- Thank goodness. A Center CitytwelVIPDined on 2/12/2011Thank goodness. A Center City quality restaurant in the burbs, that does not charge higher than Center City prices. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great decorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/12/2011Excellent food, great decor and our waitress Adria was spectacularSpecial Features:
- First visit for us and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/10/2011First visit for us and our friends on a Thursday night. Service was very attentive; everything on the menu was explained very well - a few things on the menu were new to us. Food was excellent, and there was a nice selection of wines, including some Spanish gems. All at very reasonable prices. Great first experience.Special Features:
- Delicious! So glad to havephillyfoodiesVIPDined on 2/9/2011Delicious! So glad to have a surburban restaurant that rivals downtown in food quality. Innovative. Great Service.Special Features:
- I'll give it another shotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2011My friend and I went here after going to Zumba, and I didn't feel out of place in my yoga pants. I noticed some diners were very dressed up and others were casual. The service was great. I ordered a margarita which was good and the chicken enchiladas. The enchiladas were ok. The way they were prepared almost reminded me of Italian food. The sauce was very tomato-y. My friend ordered the al carbon beef tacos which she said were good but she would've preferred more fixings to build with, as they only came with tortillas, beef, cilantro, salsa, and refried beans. I would go back as I liked the atmosphere, but I would try something else on the menu.Special Features:
- Friendly and accommodatingSMOscVIPDined on 2/9/2011Friendly and accommodating wait staff and management. Great food and drinks. Food almost came out TOO hot from the kitchen, but that's preferable to cold! Nice ambiance. Definitely recommended for a local dining experience.Special Features:
- We've anxiously awaited theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/7/2011We've anxiously awaited the opening of this restaurant, but it was beyond our expectations. The owners did a super job with the remodel. The sconces, paint colors, and the murals all work together to help create the perfect ambience. The food was absolutely stellar! The staff was quite welcoming. Our server, Nina, was down to earth, friendly, and very knowledgeable about the menu. The bus boy cleared the table promptly and refilled water glasses regularly. The timing between our courses was perfect. We can't wait to return. This place is a gem!Special Features:
- Horrible experience!! WentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/5/2011Horrible experience!! Went here on a recommendation from my wife who dined here when it first opened. Guess it was beginners luck for her. We went back last weekend and were disappointed across the board.. - mediocre food, - a margarita that was undrinkable and had to be sent back (you'd think they could at least get this right). The margarita we ordered was actually more expensive than the entree. Never again!!! - horrible service - we tried to order a bottle of water and had to ask 5 times before we finally had it brought to us. Our waiter disappeared and spend little to no time following up with us. - The noise level in this place is unacceptable. Waiting for this place to go under and something new to replace it.
- Would have loved the eveningvolunteerDined on 2/4/2011Would have loved the evening more had we been able to withstand the noise. Apparantly this ia another place for young people. I suppose they do not need conversation. We enjoyed the food and service. We will probably not go back to this restaurant unless I'm not speaking to my husband.
- the food is very good, soOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/3/2011the food is very good, so happy that I don't have to go into town to get a great carnitas!Special Features:
- Very disappointed. We orderOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/31/2011Very disappointed. We order a wedge salad to share for $8 and they served us 1/4 of a wedge. Ordered steak taco platter and it didn't come with rice and beans for $17. The food was very salty.
- A great new addition to theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/31/2011A great new addition to the Ambler area restaurant scene.Special Features:
- Cantina Feliz looks like a winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/29/2011Only open three weeks, Cantina Feliz appears to have already made it, as the place was packed for dinner at 10:00 pm on Saturday night. The atmosphere is warm, with a healthy adult crowd that clearly enjoys the tastes from well groomed wine and beer lists and a delicious menu. Our server was just terrific -- he was attentive, informed, and personable. The food was fresh and delicious. We ordered an artichoke huarache appetizer that had just the right mix of poblanos and truffles to flavor it. My wife had the baja fish tacos as her entree, while I stayed vegetarian with the mushroom tacos. Both were flavorful and yummy, and were complimented by the perfectly prepared rice and beans. Overall, great taste and a great first experience.Special Features:
- Loved the food at Catina Feliz!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/29/2011Loved the food at Catina Feliz! The best and most diverse Mexican I have found in the area. We ordered several items from the appetizer, side dish and entree sections of the menu and they were all terrific. The servers were attentive and knowlegable. Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- Menu was too limited for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/29/2011Menu was too limited for our tastes. Noise was so loud that we were tired just trying to listen to each other...impossible to have a conversation!Special Features:
- Food was excelleent and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2011Food was excelleent and the service was outstanding! Would definitely go back. Must try the magaritas
- Cantina Feliz has only beenfortwashingtonfoodDined on 1/29/2011Cantina Feliz has only been open for a couple of weeks, but the owners and staff greeted us at the door and promptly led us to our table. Food was excellent and prices appropriate to the area. Portion size was good. Although we like to 'get our monies worth' we were not bringing home leftovers this time, as we have found from some other Mexican restaurants. We certainly did not leave hungry, either. We will most certainly be back in the near future.Special Features:
- The service was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2011The service was wonderful. We had very attentive servers and extra staff. The atmosphere was very nice. It created a happy vibrant scene. The food was OK, with somethings being very good and others just ordinary. The salsa was exceptional while the guacamole was nothing special. I had the fish tacos which were a little boring, not bad, but just not worth ordering again. My husband and another friend had the strip steak which was good and our other friend had the mushroom taco that she said was ok. The dessert was delicious. It was the apple guava crisp with cinnamon ice cream. All in all I would go back to try some other things, just not in a hurry to do so. The menu is not large enough to give me reason to return quickly, but worth a try.
- Disappointing Trip to Cantina FelizOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/28/2011My husband and I were very excited to try Cantina Feliz after hearing all the buzz about the restaurant. The noise level in the restaurant is quite high and at times it was difficult to hear our server. Our server came to our table the moment we sat down and wanted our order. We felt a bit rushed and asked her to return in few minutes. The menu selection was quite disappointing. It is very limited so I excepted some specials but there were none. I ordered the baja fish tacos with a side of corn and my husband got the chicken fajitas. Both items had little to no flavor and were not what we would expect from a Jose Garces protege. We also ordered fresh fruit margaritas and could not taste a bit of pineapple in them.
- Although our food was good,ChristineVIPDined on 1/28/2011Although our food was good, the presentation was poor and the noise level made it hard to have any kind of conversation. Fun addition to the neighborhood, but I am hoping they will work out the noise level.Special Features:
- Excellent service - friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2011Excellent service - friendly and professional. I was impressed by our waiter's knowledge of the menu offerings. Decor is modern without trying to be trendy. Felt comfortable - warm and welcoming. Food definitely upscale and was presented well. I'm hoping for more vegetarian options.
- Just "OK"OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/23/2011The food was ok. The portions were small for the price. The menu was limited. I think they have the right idea but some things could be "tweaked" to make a top-notch restaurant.
- We had a really nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/23/2011We had a really nice dinner and were pleasantly surprised that service was excellent so soon after opening. Big hits were the crab fundido, short ribs (already looking forward to come back to have it again!), and plantains. Artichoke flatbread was a bit bland. The crab enchilada didn't quite work for us with the squash sauce. Margaritas were also very good. Looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:
- What a find outside of theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/22/2011What a find outside of the city. Everything was outstanding but the ceviche verde was simply out of this world...one of the best things I've eaten anywhere in a long time. It's a bit of a hike outside of the city but the train from Center City was a breeze and the restaurant is right across from the Ft. Washington station. The 30 minute trip was so worth it. Will definitely be going back the next time in Philly! You must go!!Special Features:
- Good food and good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/22/2011Good food and good service. Noisy. A coat hanging room is needed. Too little wine poured by the glass for the amount charged. Other prices seemed reasonable. Probably difficult to heat the entry portico, but it's cold waiting there.Special Features:
- I really liked the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/22/2011I really liked the restaurant except the table we were sitting at had NO lighting and it was nearly impossible to see the menu. Also, we were sitting in a wind tunnel and every time the door opened it was freezing. We had to keep our coats on.Special Features:
- I found the food to be fairOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/21/2011I found the food to be fair and serving size to be a little on the small side. The lighting was so dim, it was difficult to read the menu. Also, the restaurant was so noisy that my friends and I had to shout to each other across the table. On the up side, we were seated immediately and the service was outstanding. Although I wouldn't recommend Cantina Feliz for dinner, I think it would be a good place for drinks and appetizers.Special Features:
- We had an excellent meal andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2011We had an excellent meal and our server was a true gem. We had the fish tacos, beef tacos and child's chicken and cheese quesadilla. Our meals were presented beautifully and were delicious. We will recommend this restaurant to all our friends.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD IN THE HOODOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/19/2011Food was very good & service was fantastic. Great to have this restaurant in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- We were there on a prettyLes58VIPDined on 1/18/2011We were there on a pretty slow night. The restaurant had been open for just about a week and it was a cold, winter night. Service was a little too fast since they weren't that busy. Food was good and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Best Birthday Dinner EVER!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2011WOW! I took my wife to Cantina Feliz for her birthday dinner... BEST EVER! Ambiance, knowledgeable wait staff & the food was fabulous! I'd have licked my plate but I did such a good job with my knife & fork there was NOTHING left for my tongue!Special Features:
- Welcome to the neighborhood,OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/17/2011Welcome to the neighborhood, Cantina Feliz. We had a great dinner. Enjoyed the tortilla soup, chop salad, Caldo de Res(the short rib stew), grilled asparagus, Baja Fish (grouper)tacos and of the course tres leches cake. The flavor profiles were perfect, just enough seasoning and kick. The ingredients were fresh and flavorful and perfectly prepared. Each bite made us smile as we knew we would add your new restaurant into our regular rotation. This is a place where you can go to dine not just eat. Reasonably priced, mexican dishes modernized and attentive service. Cannot wait to try everything on the menu. Next time, I have to try the shrimp ceviche and black bass! Thanks for choosing to come to the burbs.Special Features:
- Tim and Brian have a hit onOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/16/2011Tim and Brian have a hit on their hands. The Garces vets have met and exceeded expectations with their new restaurant in Fort Washington. Party of 4 had crab fundito, artichoke huraches, house made chips, salsa and guacamole, fish tacos, mushroom tacos, carnitas tacos and the mole poblano. Everything was spectacular. I think my fave were the mushroom tacos with their truffle oil. Cannot wait to go back. Oh, did I mention the margaritas were amazing?Special Features: