201 East Atlantic Ave
Delray Beach, FL 55924Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theofficedelray.com/
- Phone: 5612763600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Omar Montoya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Office
A place where whimsy and gastronomical delights go hand in hand, The Office is a modern American Gastropub... A place that is comfortable where the food is as important as the drink, not quite a bar and not quite a restaurant, The Office is offering a casual-meets-refined atmosphere that welcomes beer drinkers and wine snobs, non-fussy eaters and foodies alike. The Office is a charmed neighborhood watering hole...Continued
EXECUTIVE GENERAL MANAGER: DAVID PINELLA
EXECUTIVE GENERAL MANAGER: DAVID PINELLA
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Office - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
The Office reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (21)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (15)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (12)great for lunch (12)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (7)scenic view (5)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (4)great for brunch (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Great burgers, excellent serviceSmargo3Dined on 9/1/2014Took my grandson to lunch at this restaurant at the recommendation of a friend. Great food. Terrific burgers. The service staff was terrific and the whole experience was just wonderful. A highly recommended place to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014It was very good. One minor recommendation is to have the music volume slightly lowerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Drinks and AppetizersBocaFoodieDined on 8/22/2014The Office is an excellent find for Happy Hour - the cocktails are inventive and tasty, and they have appetizers that are out of this world! You can easily make a meal out of a combination of things like the Fancy Fried Green Tomatoes and Brussels Sprouts, or the Crispy Office Tacos and Warm Pretzel Bread. Whatever you choose will be delicious... The menu itself is good, but I personally think their list of appetizers and Happy Hour bar bites is better! However, the veggie burger is definitely worth trying...even for the meatiest of meat eaters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool placeAlexRosaVDined on 8/12/2014Nice place. Food is pretty good but a little pricey. The motorcycles riding by can get really loud. Wait staff is very attractive and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimLDined on 7/30/2014The food, atmosphere and waitstaff were amazing. They were very accommodating and placed us in a romantic spot.Special Features:
- Great drinksdelrayfanVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great place to grab a fun cocktail and enjoy the people watching. Service is good. Food is ok. Especially enjoy the outside bar seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hour cocktail was minus etohOfficeDined on 7/21/2014The food is good at the office but I would steer a away from half priced happy hour cocktails which are devoid of any alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2014Good food, however, need some more items that are less caloric! Service was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!AdamDined on 7/15/2014The food was terrific, like most everyone else says. It was on the expensive side, especially for having lots of bar-food-like offerings, but everything was very tasty. Solid service, nice atmosphere. Enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not on my menufoodeeDined on 7/5/2014Although the food was good as well as the service, I don't believe I would go back to the office. It was too noisy for me. I had no idea when I made the reservation that it was a sports type bar. Its definitely a lively place and I'm sure one could have fun there.Special Features:
- Great food and great locationfoodfriendlyDined on 7/5/2014We were there on a Saturday afternoon and it's nice that they have Happy Hour every day. Two of us shared a few appetizers and it was enough for dinner. The food and service were both very good. Great location!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationEatingdpandagVIPDined on 6/26/2014Location is very convenient, service was good, fun surroundingsBUT the food was way too salty. It all looked good but they poured the salt shaker in everything. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- The OfficeTontayVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food & wait staff were wonderful. The hostess was extremely rude. We arrived at 7:16 for a 7:00 reservation after calling ahead to say we were running late. We were told no problem. On arrival the hostess scolded us for the lateness & told us that as they only hold a reservation 15min. our table had been given away. The manager intervened and seated us outside & our sever Adam was great however the surly hostess created a very negative first impression. Customers should always be made to feel welcome in a place of business not chastised by staff. Unfortunately with so many other equally good restaurants literally surrounding The Office, her negative attitude would make me think twice before returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2014We had a great experience again, started from the door where we were greeted by the manager. We love the new summer specials, the drink menu is always one of our favorites. Our food was perfect, service attentive, overall an amazing experience.Special Features:
- Fun NightSydddDined on 6/15/2014The Office is a great little find in downtown Delray. My only complaint was that it's semi outdoors so kind of buggy. A couple of dishes weren't hot enough. However, our wait person was great and the food is otherwise decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itStiggVIPDined on 6/7/2014Overpriced and not worth it. Local and 2nd time eating here. Had a swordfish sandwich. It was overcooked and pretty awful. My wife had te burger. It was overcooked as well and not that great. Ordered a titos vodka and soda. 14 dollars for the smallest drink I ever had. At 14 dollars it's the most expensive I have had on Atlantic or even Ruth Chris the palm or any place for that drink and te smallest size. Service was non existent and my water was empty the entire time. My appetizer came out with dinner which was an oil laden sweet potato chips. The first time was fair the 2nd much worse. Menu is quite limited. I don't mind paying 19 for a burger but make it a little special.Special Features:
- After dinner @ office need a vacaED64Dined on 6/7/2014We were a party of 4 and were disappointed. I thought this would be a fun Saturday evening out. It was extremely loud. I enjoy a vibrant atmosphere but this was ridiculous. You can't her the person next to you. The food was average. Asked for a simple request of mashed white potatoes (which they offer) instead of the mashed sweet potatoes and it did not happen. Service was very slow. Not going back.Special Features:
- The following 320 reviews are from the The Office reviews archive.
- Casual and very goodSuzeDined on 5/24/2014We had an early dinner and did beat the crowd. The portions are large. I ordered BBQ chicken sliders appetizer as my main meal and took home more than half. The noise level is typical of Atlantic Ave. restaurants, but they did lower the music when we requested it. Our server was great too.Special Features:
- Fun place with great servicepattypilotDined on 5/23/2014We enjoyed sitting on covered patio along Atlantic Avenue. The people watching (almost like a fashion show) kept us entertained; plus the cars and motorcycles that drove by were unbelievable. We counted 8 Ferrari's & Lamborgini's! Our server was very attentive and took time to explain the menu & specials. Our food was tasty, from the Club Salad (on special that night) to the Skirt Steak and Prime Rib Sandwich - they definitely serve quality food with a nice presentation. Our only complaint was the cappucino's were not hot, but they quickly served us new ones. It was our first time there but we will definitely return to the fun, hip, well run restaurant & bar.Special Features:
- KatieDined on 5/16/2014Excellent food and service. Great place to people watch. We will definitely be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY high standard as per normalFoodieHeavenDined on 4/26/2014They always have a very high standard and the food is always great and so is the wine list.... If you have not been here you MUST put it on your list to make sure you visit this place ...Special Features:
- chasnanVIPDined on 4/25/2014Food was very good a little noisy was very good for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/24/2014Overpriced. Too noisy and extras too much money.good burgers.
- Service Expectation EXCEEDED!DelrayBeachDinerVIPDined on 4/22/2014As a local, heard about The Office for years - great burgers, mediocre service. Well - our server Jeremy was phenomenal (i hope that's his name Tuesday night 6PM shift, if wrong name, I apologize). He challenged bartenders, on my behalf, for a Jalapeno Margaritas - delivered and delicious! He suggested the fried green tomatoes and oh so right - although our suggestion of tuna tacos, tuna + taco not a good fit! Our server was attentive as he obtained more tables to serve - checking on our water, drinks, next round of food ... and Yes the CEO burger was served medium rare as requested, delicious. I'll be back ... silly rumors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014Service good, the scene was ok, food poor! will not go back!
- good timejossstrowVIPDined on 4/18/2014Family was visiting and we had a great time. Food was good and service excellent.Special Features:
- Great hot spot!martyVIPDined on 4/17/2014There were 3 of us and it was a bit difficult to carry on conversation. We are from NY and familiar with popular restaurants. Would have enjoyed it if music was just a bit lower. Next time we'll eat outside. The menu is nice and easy to read, with many good options for all types of appetites. Service was very good and the food was good, too. Definitely, a hot spot on Atlantic Avenue and worth the visit. Decor is nice, red chairs with animal prints and tables arranged where there's enough room in between. Like the idea of tilted mirrors on wall for diners there, to see behind you, and people watching. Bar was quite busy, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $20 for a hamburger!?!MidwestTransplantDined on 4/12/2014It's true, but oh so worth it! I was looking for a restaurant off Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach to host some friends from out of town. The dinner ended up being more than we wanted to spend, but the overall experience made it worth it! Us ladies selected special martinis ($15 per drink) and our men specialty beers. All were very happy with our drinks. We ordered the fried green tomato appetizer and the crab cake. Both of these were delightful. I had never had Fried Green Tomatoes, and I enjoyed them immensely! Everyone went with something different for our main course: Veggie burger, CEO burger, fresh catch of the day sandwich and another specialty burger - all were GREAT! Truffle fries, seared brussel sprouts and sweet potato chips-WOW!Special Features:
- Another memorable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014We took my mom to celebrate an early Easter lunch. Although my husband and I had been to The Office before , it was the first time for her. The food and drinks were excellent , everyone was happy with the meal. Service top notch. The manager was very accommodating with my mom special needs, we really appreciate the attention and time he out to make sure we are having a memorable experience. I highly recommend The Office for special occasions or just for a fun, relaxing lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordered a Burger, medium-NonameVIPDined on 4/11/2014Ordered a Burger, medium- got it rare. Sent it back for additional cooking time- still came back rare. The manager gave me half off on the Burger, which was nice, but didn't make up for the unsatisfactory meal. However, I think this experience may be an aberration as other visits to The Office have been very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spring break visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014We were in del ray and had not ventured into their restaurant scene ever. I found the office on line, read reviews and decided to give a try. It was great, overall quality of the food excellent and menu was really creative. All at our table were really happy with our choices. I like a lively scene and it was, but perhaps a bit to loud even for me. Only complaint was I specifically asked for no fries w. Mahi sandwich and they sent them anyway. Wine list was limited and the wines by the glass pricey, Ferrai Carano Pinot Grigio was $12 and a really small pour.Special Features:
- A Lot of HypeLubesVIPDined on 3/28/2014Nice decor and bar scene but food was below average. And based on the occupancy for a Saturday night I'm not the only person who feels that way.Special Features:
- Food was fine but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2014Food was fine but service was really poor. Had to flag our waitress down several times for drinks, water etc. Second time I've been there and both times service was poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2014I LOVE this place, everytime we have been there we had an amazing experiece. Tuna tacos, CEO Burger are still our favorite dishes, and the specialty cocktails are worth every penny. The service was very attentive, the manager made sure everything is to our like. We' ll definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY expensive for pub foodLovelyVIPDined on 3/26/2014A quesadilla (appetizer), onions rings (side order), burger and a side of mac & cheese, diet coke & iced tea.... $90 including tip, I ask you.....
- DisappointedKatyDined on 3/24/2014We took my son for his 18th birthday and we were really disappointed. The Office was his "go to" place for his birthday and date nights over the last few years. Unfortunately the menu selections are now very limited and the food just OK. Looks like they are becoming more of a bar than a restaurant. The service at the Office was never very good, but at least the food was, now that they have changed the menu we won't be going back.Special Features:
- Great ServiceNolesChickDined on 3/15/2014We had a great time. It was St. Patrick's Day weekend and total chaos, but you would never know it because the staff handled the crowds and noise with ease.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We took our 26-year old sonOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/14/2014We took our 26-year old son with us on this visit. He loved the atmosphere and the food. The food was uniformly good and the service was attentive on a very busy evening. The Office is always great if classic pub-style food is your goal. The Office has been quite consistent on all of our visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wide variety of beer selections....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014Wide variety of beer selections....food was good...sweet potato chips were terrificSpecial Features:
- Great service and great food!IntereatDined on 3/8/2014We were seated immediately on a Saturday night. Our server to care of us and made sure we had everything we wanted. Food was served fast. The brussels sprouts were great and so was the veggie sandwich. The beer selection is pretty good as well.Special Features: