The Grill on the Alley - Dallas
13270 Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75240Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
The Grill on the Alley - Dallas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thegrill.com/
- Phone: 2144591601
- Hours of Operation:
Mon – Sat, 11am-10pm
Happy Hour and Special Appetizer menu in the bar. Hours daily from 4 - 7pm. $5 cheeseburgers, martinis and wine specials Thursday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Winans
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Board Room and our Grill Room are the perfect places for special events. Every celebration is custom-designed by us, with one of the country’s top culinary teams, with lunch starting at 20.00 per guest and dinner starting at 42.00 per guest, featuring three courses from our renowned menu.
- Private Party Contact: Sandra Stewart 8774512624
- Special Events: There are two private rooms available for private events: The Board Room accommodates up to 10 guests and The Grill Roomaccommodates up to 32 guests.
A word from The Grill on the Alley - Dallas
The Grill on the Alley, Dallas, opened in July 2006 in the Galleria Dallas. Our famous signature dishes of prime steaks and chops, fresh seafood, pasta and freshly prepared salads are complemented by an extensive wine list, featuring unique selections from California’s boutique wineries, as well as a high energy, full service bar introducing hand crafted classic cocktails.Modeled after the great big city grills of the 30s and 40s, The Grill on the Alley serves traditional American fare. Featuring Genuine Angus Steaks and Chops, Fresh Seafood, Classic Cobb and Caesar Salads, Meat Loaf with Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Pot Pie and not-to-be-missed Desserts, all served in a sophisticated yet casual atmosphere by servers that really care about the guest's experience. We also boast the best Martini and Happy Hour in town. Two adjoining Private Dining Rooms seating up to 40 guests each are the perfect place for business meetings or family celebrations. Dine-in and Take-out is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Grill on the Alley - Dallas - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
The Grill on the Alley - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)great for lunch (32)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (22)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (16)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- The GrillNicknameDined on 10/17/2013From start to finish The Grill on the Alley made use feel welcome. Food was excellent and the service was very good; will definitely return in future. We have been here multiple times and everything we have ordered has been prepared wonderfully and they have an extensive wine list that should please most diners. The restaurant's decor is very classic but chic. The staff is well trained and ready to make your dining experience one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latest LunchJackVIPDined on 10/16/2013Usually a great place to go....food - service & lacation is great for me but... Food arrived cold and seemed to have been sitting out for a while which was disapointing for both my client and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a business dinnerTheJagboysDined on 10/14/2013The food, service and ambiance were great and it was quiet on a Monday evening so it was easy to talk to everyone at our table.Special Features:
- Had high expectationsNorthDallasDinerVIPDined on 9/21/2013I had really high expectations for this restaurant. First the good points. The decor and ambience is very nice for a romatic meal. We were waiting long time to receive menus when someone who appeared to look like a manager came and apologized. He brought us menus and explained that our waiter was held up with a very large party. He said he could help us get our drinks. I thought that was very nice. When our waiter came, he was very nice. My husband ordered the ribeye and I ordered the fish (special off the menu). The waiter did a great job in selecting a wine to go with my fish. However, our meals were just okay. Nothing to rave about and not worth the price. We ordered the fruit cobbler and again were disappointed. We left half of it.Special Features:
- Dinner out w/friends-gluten freeVictoriaDined on 9/15/2013We loved the quiet, the excellent food and service, and the fact that a gluten free menu was offered as I have celiac disease. Plan to come often. Scallops to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new Fav PlaceglacyDined on 9/12/2013I love this restaurant! the waiter was awesome very attentive to our needs the chef was great everyone was wonderful I love coming to a place where the enviroment is welcoming where they appreciate you being there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2013Management is paranoid about liquor laws. My 29 year old daughter had to go out to get her purse from Valet parking with the restaurant manager following her to the car to look at her id. She felt like she was being treated like a criminal who had a fake drivers license. We expressed our displeasure and he told us a one of their stores in California had been caught not checking ids. They checked my wife's but not mine. When a restaurant forces one of their customers into an uncomfortable situation they usually offer a compensation for it (free desert, free drink apology) nothing from this restaurant. No class with management here.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2013We had a nice quiet relaxing dinner. The food was great and the staff was very friendly. Will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! Unexpected find. ThisiCfoodVIPDined on 8/31/2013Wow! Unexpected find. This was our first visit and we were pleasantly surprised by the food and service. The steaks are tender and tasty. We will be back with our dinner group.Special Features:
- Special ThanksTabascoCat14VIPDined on 8/30/2013I have to hand it to The Grill!!!!!! Showed up for lunch and forgot my credit card at home. I asked my wife to send me a picture of the card and The Grill was kind enough to process the bill by verifying my credit card with my license..............really saved me from looking bad in front of my client! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Home of a great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2013When you're heading to Texas, you have to plan on finding a good steak house and enjoying some of the prime beef this state is famous for. We found the Grill on the Alley via Open Table while driving down 635 and were rewarded with an experience that will certainly bring us back here again. The bone-in New York special was exactly the juicy, flavorful, perfectly cooked masterpiece I was looking for, and a memorable hightlight of the trip. Our thanks to Daniel Winans, Executive Chef & GM, for an experience worthy of keeping his business card in my "go here if you're there" recommendations Rolodex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food always good, servicemmmmDined on 8/24/2013Food always good, service was good just a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five stars are hard to come byMizJanieVIPDined on 8/23/2013This property has long been one of my favorites. It is a relatively hidden gem here in Dallas. For years I have gone in for their Happy Hour specials; not the drinks, the food. Their chicken pot pie is one of the most amazing dishes in town & I love the fresh fruit & produce in the bar recipes. In for restaurant week and had one of the best steaks I have had in a year. Interestingly, it was paired with what I believe was a whipped golden potato/sautéed spinach side dish. I've been disappointed by underwhelming side dishes during restaurant week at several of the metroplex's is most outstanding restaurants. That did not occur here. They got the details right, all the way down to the key lime pie. Ask for Aaron at night or JP during the day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a nice place; my wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2013It was a nice place; my wife and I enjoyed our dinner there to celebrate my birthday. It was a little pricey, but a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Food and ServiceRlpplanotxDined on 8/23/2013The food was cooked perfectly and brought out in a timely manner. The wait staff was very friendly and accommodating. The only complaint is the wine is too expensive. The bottle we had was more than 4 times retail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Salad with Tiny PortionsMartyDined on 8/21/2013Ordered the Seafood Salad for Lunch Wednesday, disappointed with the portion of Seafood (Crab). Mostly lettuce and tomato and lemons! I am a frequent lunch customer, but the size and food portions are much smaller than previously visits. Moreover, the plate itself seems to have shrunk! One more visit upcoming to overcome my disappointing experience. The service was slow. Wednesday not overly crowded. I am surprised because the same salad during many previous visits impressive and wonderful.Special Features:
- Great service, fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2013Everything about this restaurant is top notch. Service, quality of food. Really enjoyed being here for Restaurant Week. It was not a watered down or "skimpy, just for restaurant week menu". Their 4th course meal was the same great appetizer they have on their prime menu. The filet with the blue cheese crust was perfect. I never considered this one of Dallas' top notch steak houses, so I was very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was cooked as requesedSlemDined on 8/15/2013Food was cooked as requesed and delivered in a timely fashion. Wine list was extensive and expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Sunday BrunchMizJanieVIPDined on 8/11/2013This was the 2nd of my three visits so far this month to the Grill on the Alley. In for an early-afternoon, Sunday brunch. Started with a Mimosa in a beautiful, sunny booth by the north-facing windows. I had the eggs Benedict entrée with a side of avocado to pair with the garden fresh tomatoes. My guest had the turkey melt, which they said was delightful... Hum. The food here is all delightful, as is the service. Chef Winan runs a tight ship. This is a fine dining experience that is predictably, and consistently on the mark. The wait staff is intuitive, friendly when you engage them, and non-intrusive other-wise. A nice complement to the praise-worthy food and elegant atmosphere. They also have a delightful Sunday evening Prix Fixe menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive Business Lunch SpotMizJanieVIPDined on 8/6/2013I kicked August off by having lunch here with a business associate who had never been in before. A Charlie Palmer then I ordered the Shrimp Louie salad special, served al fresco. The giant shrimp were butterflied over a bed of crisp greens with all the accoutrements & a fresh thousand island dressing. Cold, refreshing and perfect in the Dallas heat. This property has a stunning bar with the 10-foot tall black & white photographs, the dark wood and black granite, it is my favorite interior in Dallas. In addition to business lunches, I love to come in mid-afternoon for coffee with business associates. It's quiet, you get fine service and it's a business conducive environment. Ask for JP, he's 1/2 Irish, 1/2 Italian, and all Southern charm.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend The Grillluv2dinedallasDined on 8/3/2013My daughter and I were visiting Dallas to shop and dine for the weekend. We really are happy that we had dinner at The Grill at the Dallas Galleria mall. The decor and service were outstanding. Food presentation and taste were memorable. We spent almost $200 so would consider it a special occassion place to have dinner. Would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2013This restaurant is our favorite and we always attend for special occasions. Everything is always great!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib.glaubDined on 7/28/2013We have always enjoyed the steak and seafood there. The prime rib dinner was especially wonderful. It is not on their daily menu and it was a Sunday special for July. I hope they continue. It was fork tender and delicious.Special Features:
- A great experiencePatrickDined on 7/26/2013We have been to the Grill several times and always have a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suitable for a business lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2013suitable for a business lunch. Menu was a bit all over the place. Solid service (though the check was brought without the waiter asking if we wanted dessert of coffee). Parking situation was not ideal. Hard to locate, as this was my first time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to spot for business lunchesBob88VIPDined on 7/23/2013This has become a go to for business lunches. The timing of the servers of when they do and don't come to the table is always perfect. The food is great and the place is nice without being stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's expensive , and everythingimonsecondVIPDined on 7/17/2013It's expensive , and everything is pretty much a la carte (in the $40++ per entre range). I had the Lamb which was cooked to perfection, my husband had the special - the steak with crab and bernaise sauce - also excellent. This place can get really noisy so I would aim for mid-week. Because the hotel is next door (the Westin Galleria), it's a good place for business lunches and dinners but be sure to ask for a table away from the bar or entrance or you won't be able to hear yourself talk. Think they could do better with the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS TOP NOTCHTexasgiantDined on 7/10/2013The Grill on the Alley is always top notch in service, food and atmosphere. The menu is varied and unique. The service is always attentive without being intrusive. I am always made to feel like a valued guest.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerBruzbro1Dined on 6/29/2013My husband took me here for our anniversary. The service was great! Very efficient. The food was very enjoyable. We both had the filet mignon, which I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy environment!BrettDined on 6/27/2013Very lovely place with awesome service. My glass was filled promptly and the food was coocked to meet my needs. It was delightful and very relaxing. Definitely will be returning!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the crab/shrimp louieOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2013I had the crab/shrimp louie salad and it was one the best I have ever had. Guys I was having lunch woth had fish tacos and said they were awesome. Great place for business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2013Looking for a great place to take a client or prospective client? This is it. The food is top notch, service is great without being over the top, and it's priced appropriately too. The management takes great care to match your seating and waitstaff to your needs. The Executive Chef met us at the door and seated us himself. Clients will be impressed.Special Features:
- service was slow, and forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/19/2013service was slow, and for the price the food was not worth it.
- This is a consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/16/2013This is a consistently good restaurant with service to match. Nice ambience for ths Galleria location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the best food and service.AdeanDined on 6/16/2013We had the best food and service. Best fish we've had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff and chefs at theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2013The staff and chefs at the Grill are incredible. Each one of them aims to please. I can tell that the quality at this restaurant starts at the top down. I enjoy every relaxing minute here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2013Staff was excellent and very helpful. It was a business lunch so we were able to talk and could hear each other. We each had salads and were very pleased and plenty to eat.......our waiter was great! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunch spotGregDined on 6/7/2013This is one of my favorite places for a private business lunch. The food is consistently very good and the servers know how to meet your needs without being invasive. They know when to appear and disappear. You and your colleagues can hear yourselves speak despite the activity of the surrounding tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business LunchDinerDined on 6/4/2013Menu has wide variety, great for business lunch. Everyone can find something they like on this menu.Special Features:
- Good food with great service!DebbieDined on 6/2/2013Convenient and quiet, nice place to chat while you dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.