POP Champagne & Dessert Bar
33 E. Union St.
Pasadena, CA 91103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
POP Champagne & Dessert Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.popchampagnebar.com/
- Phone: 6267951295
- Hours of Operation:
Reservations Highly Recommended
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - Close, Tuesday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - Close, Thursday: 5:00pm - Close, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ray Vasquez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We have Live Music on Thursdays and Sundays starting at 7PM. Jazz or Acoustic guitar duos. Please RSVP
- Special Events: We frequently host bridal showers, bachelorette parties, birthdays, engagement parties, company parties, and everything in between. We have packages to meet any budget. Please fill out our event inquiry form online and we will get back to you asap. http://www.popchampagnebar.com/special-events/event-inquiry-form/
A word from POP Champagne & Dessert Bar
POP Champagne & Dessert Bar is a sexy place for first dates, social gatherings, after-work drinks, or any night out on the town. Indulge yourself with our extensive selection of Champagnes, sparkling wines, dessert wines, and artisanal beers, to be enjoyed with our seasonal dinner and dessert menus. With over fifty wines by the glass, ever-changing wine flights, and an impressive bottle selection, POP is the perfect place for novices and connoisseurs alike, to explore and play in the world of Champagne and desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
POP Champagne & Dessert Bar - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
POP Champagne & Dessert Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)romantic (39)neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (24)hot spot (16)notable wine list (15)late-night find (15)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Fun and trendyBondgal007Dined on 7/26/2013If your looking for a girls night out or maybe that special place to spend a romantic evening PoP Champane is the place. Delicious food with fun trendy and romantic settings. Service was spot on and everyone very pleasant. A place I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best late night dessert place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2013A group of 4 of us hit this place at around 11:30pm (with reservations). The service was outstanding and the desserts were decadent. We also really appreciated the wine/champagne paring with our desserts. The churros with cajeta are amazing.Special Features:
- Dine LA got us in the door.FeedmeDined on 7/17/2013Dine LA got us in the door. The food and bubbly will bring us back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineLAmcpelleDined on 7/17/2013Champagne and Wine Bar - how could you go wrong!?!? However, POP was even better than we anticipated. I had heard about POP from other friends. But, when they popped up on the DineLA Restaurant List - my friend and I knew we had to go. Definitely going back. Everything was amazing - food, drinks, staff. Nothing to complain about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2013Customer service was top notch and the food was delicious. No complaints here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dessert barCathyDined on 7/7/2013The best thing about Pop was their desserts, which is what they were known for. The dinner was overpriced and I've had better sliders and mac-n-cheese elsewhere. The salad was minimal and the water carafe didn't even have ice in it. The only reason I'd go back would be to try other desserts. Don't pour your money into the dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2013This rating is jaded by a poor waiter. The ambiance is very nice and our initial thought was, what a great neighborhood fine. The waiter was not clear on the details of the menu, he described the fruit as being "berries, strawberries, blueberries & raspberries" when in fact it was melon, watermelon, cantaloupe and 5 raspberries. I would have made a different side choice had I known this. One order was completely wrong resulting in an additional 20 minute wait for the correct meal (we were compensate for that meal). He was not very attentive during our time there resulting in long periods of no food or beverages. The bar/restaurant was out of the only Chardonnay on the menu, poor form for a Friday night.
- PretentiousnessOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2013The food and drinks are OK, but not worth to return. Service was not bad either. The place appears nice but it did not offer quality you would expect from that appearance. Over all experience was pretentious but nothing underneath, I do not why I felt that way....
- FantasticluvchpnDined on 6/19/2013I love everything about the place.. The people were friendly, the food was delicious, and the atmosphere was very comfortable and relaxed yet still had a classy feel. The hibiscus mimosa is definitely my favorite drink and every desert I've tried (and there have been many) has been outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls' Night OutLianaDined on 6/8/2013Great place for a girls' night out or birthday celebration. My girlfriends, in particular, liked the POP champagne.Special Features:
- Loud And LivelyLeslitaDined on 6/1/2013POP is a cute place with a great wait staff. However, the live music was too much for this small room. The guitarist and singer didn't need the huge speakers and using them made it nearly impossible to talk to the person next to you much less across the table. Too much of a good musical thing for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAdamDined on 5/31/2013The champagne was amazing and the desserts were fantastic! The churro's were perfect and so good, that we had to order a second set of them. This place was perfect and I will definitely be recommending this place to everyone I know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The New Hot Spot in Pasadenajcc399Dined on 5/29/2013For a fun experience with wonderful food and great champagne Come To Pop. You will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy dinnerbbfoodDined on 5/25/2013POP is a fun place to go for champagne drinks and yummy food. Had a fun night with friends here. I knew they had great desserts,but this was the first time we had dinner. Yummy! The jalapeño tuna tartare was so good, highly recommend. Two of us enjoyed the filet mignon with chimichurri sauce, delicious,, and the sides were so good too, heirloom tomato and avocado salad, fingerling potatoes, haricot verts. I couldn't stop eating, it was so delicious. Husband had the champagne chicken and he raved about it and the mashed potatoes. Again, his plate was clean. Souffle dessert and the churros a big hit at our table. The best was the personal service we received from Ryan. What a great server. He was knowledgeable, friendly, & funny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit not as great as the firstluvtofuDined on 5/24/2013Food was really good as the first but service wasn't this second time around. Unfortunately sitting at the bar with only bartender tending more to the locals our food sat to be delivered. Staff was friendly but surprised when booked open table, knew I was sitting at the bar, and instead of walking to the bar to tell me a table had opened up they called me instead. With the noise level I would not have heard my phone ring. Come to find out one of the hostesses ends up talking with one of the wait staff. No wonder our food took longer than usual. I would go back but don't go on a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden treasure, tucked away......Msw40Dined on 5/24/2013This was my sister's and I first experince wine tasting and me trusting the coupon I purchased through Internet. Beautiful, small, and perfectly lit!!! The waitress was knowledge in her craft!!! African American gal(acting teacher) never felt rushed enjoyed everything she suggested! I normally don't take time to review.... But Pop was Amazing!!! Thanks!! Ps young staff... Yet very mature!!!! So shocked!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming, eclectic place tuckedtravlinLAVIPDined on 5/23/2013Charming, eclectic place tucked away on Union. We have passed it 100's of times and had it not been for the Travelzoo deal we would have continued to pass it. Now we know what a wonderful little spot it is and will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/22/2013We had purchased two Travel Zoo vouchers (which were about to expire) and made reservations on Open Table. We walked in a little after our reservation time and were surprised to see that even at that late hour - 9pm- on a weeknight (Wednesday) it was full and busy! The selection of food was excellent, the drinks were awesome too. But the service was top notch. I can't recall the name of our waiter, but he was very attentive and courteous. Service was flawless! I can't recommend this spot enough, it's perfect for an anniversary or date or simply a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/21/2013After reading the reservation policy, I thought the wines and deserts would be of a class reflecting the hype. The wine flights were below the standards of any winery in Temecula, Napa or Central California Coast. I expected much higher quality wine and Champagne. We are no wine snobs but have tasted wines in France Italy and Spain and know what we like and this won't deserve a second try. It is a very cool atmosphere and is nice for the 20 something crowd, but is no excuse for passing off marginal tasting wines and Champagne just because most of the patrons are fairly new at the enjoyment of the wine and Champagne experience. Service staff was very friendly and welcoming, but coordinating of service was slow and inconsistent.
- Such a sweet little resto!PeaceLovePhotographyDined on 5/21/2013Happened upon this restaurant via Bloomspot and decided to give it a try. Took one of my girls here to celebrate her 21st-- we both love dessert and it was a great fit! Both of us are sweet tooths and were barely able to finish the Cookies and Cream and Irish Car Bomb desserts. Champagne options were fabulous as well, tres chic. I opted for the Hibiscus... Mmm. Will definitely return, hopefully with a hot date ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good..wish it were betterlabelmanceVIPDined on 5/19/2013VERY good setup, location, decor, etc. The menu, intentionally heavy on deserts, was fine. Something for everyone. Most of the food was very good. However, I had the steamed buns, with pork and/or veggies. The veggies were good, but the pork was unacceptable...very fatty. I little fat is ok..but if over 50% of the offering is fat, the cook needs corrective glasses. Also, I was expecting something like Chinese bao. These were more like mini- hamburger buns with two slices of bun with the goodies in-between, not the meat/veggies steamed inside and totally covered by the bun. They didn't use the word "bao" and I didn't ask, so I'll give them a little slack on that. Certainly worth another try.Special Features:
- YAYDyayDined on 5/18/2013I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXCELLENT FOOD, SERVICE, AND ENVIRONMENT! WE GO EVERY YEAR ON MY BIRTHDAY!Special Features:
- Every aspect of Pop is wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/15/2013Every aspect of Pop is wonderful. It's a beautiful spot, the music is perfect (not too loud - you can still have a conversation but you can zone out and listen to the music too). The food is amazing - be prepared to let your friends steal bites from your plate. The desserts are out of this world - get a few and share because you won't be able to make a decision anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Happy HourKatieDined on 5/15/2013We came for Happy Hour and were very pleased with the selection of appetizers on the HH menu. They were unique and very flavorful. The restaurant is high on aesthetic presentations. The two wait staff were very pleasant and knowledgeable. They were spread a little thin with just the two of them there. This was OK as we were there for a leisurely dinner. I would recommend this spot for a quiet tete-a-tete with delicious appetizers. They also offer a dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little pricey but the SearedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2013A little pricey but the Seared Salmon was delicious. The desserts were definitely off the charts. The staff was great!Special Features:
- Great dining experience, thecorryneDined on 5/11/2013Great dining experience, the crowd it draws are a little uppity...as was some of the servers....other than that the experience was a positive one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here is fantastic.slmtVIPDined on 5/8/2013The food here is fantastic. Happy hour has a great selection. The only caveat is that the food is a bit pricey.Special Features:
- A Great find in PasadenaTracieMcDined on 5/5/2013I really enjoyed POP Champagne Bar. A friend and I went there on a coupon from Travel Zoo. I had see it before online, so this was a great opportunity to try it out. The coupon included a flight of champagne or wine and a cheese tray. Our waiter Spencer was very helpful in choosing our wine and cheese. Told us the back ground of my champagne flight and my friend's reds. We ordered some additional small plates and were not disappointed. The only one negative was when we ordered a full glass of wine, we were not able to taste it beforehand. We went with the waiter's recommendation (really, the bartender I think) and were disappointed. I would definitely go back and also recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- way overpricedregularcustomerVIPDined on 5/3/2013We decided to try this place because others had mentioned it. The appetizers were good but the rest of the food was just ok. We also ordered two different sets of wine flights for tasting. One set was good, but the other barely had enough for a sip in the glass, and having ordered two, we were able to see the inconsistency with the portions. For the little amount of food we had, the tab was over $100 and definitely not worth it. We can get better bang for the buck somewhere else.
- Im torn....weezer7612VIPDined on 5/2/2013Great champagne selections...it was fun trying flights! Location's great for a downtown pasadena evening . decor was very cute. Food was just OK .....at best. My friend and i split 6 appetizers.....none were memorable. We tired the tapanade...too salty served with the wrong chips, burratta and mozzerella had too much pesto on it, asian sliders had lot of fat in them, deviled eggs were OK, popcorn chicken was great! Total bill was $188 for two...with two champagne flights and one individual glass of champagne..appetizers were at happy hour prices! Not a great Value ! Desert was fabulous! We tried both the apple crisp and the white chocolate soufflé. I would recommend this place only for chamagne and deserts...skip the food!Special Features:
- Spencer was a real GEM!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2013Spencer was a real GEM!!! The souffle was EXCELLENT and I'm in love with the South African Rose Sparkling Wine!Special Features:
- Bachelorette Heaven!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013I cannot rave about this place enough! My group came in for a bachelorette dinner , so it was a larger group of needy females, and everything came out perfectly. Our server was attentive without being overwhelming, and made the bachelorette, my sister, feel like a queen. Our glasses were never empty and the table always had a new course of food, both excellently timed. The decor is gorgeous and the ambiance is nothing less than ideal. If you're looking for a great start for a night out in Pasadena, I highly recommend POP champagne and dessert bar!Special Features:
- The service and the food wereHappyhikerDined on 4/20/2013The service and the food were both great. Pop is a perfect place for special occasions or just a night away from reality.Special Features:
- This restaurant/bar has itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013This restaurant/bar has it all -- fantastic food, a great selection of alcohol choices, top notch service, and great ambience. My sister and I ordered the deviled eggs, wild mushroom with goat cheese bruschetta, brie toast with chardonnay soaked raisins, and cookies and cream dessert. They were all spectacular, just perfect. We also ordered a mimosa, bellini made with real peach puree, almond joy, and sparking hibiscus. They were all delicious. All the food and drink in this restaurant feels like it is made by hand, with love, and great care. They were all divine. You simply must try this restaurant/bar. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Overrated experience and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/19/2013Been there a couple of times now and while I love the concept, it's just not what you expect to see for the hype and price. The desserts are interesting on paper, but the flavors end up coming out bland or washed out from a dominant flavor (e.g. chocolate overpowers everything which is fine if you are running a shop called Max Brenner's). The main issue here is that the service is so-so, the atmosphere is pretty loud, and the portions are small... but the PRICE is HIGH. I think you might find better results at Mi Piace, or (gasp) Cheesecake Factory.
- Reception staff very nonchalant.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013Reception staff very nonchalant. Waiter was great. Food was good. The number of menus one has to shuffle through to learn all the options was ridiculous.Special Features:
- I'll be backMaddogDined on 4/14/2013It's great to find a wine bar that specializes in sparkling wine. I prefer red wine, but my wife is not much of a drinker, but enjoys sparkling wine, so this was a place both of us could enjoy. I loved the deviled eggs and mushroom bruschetta. If the other desserts were as good as the scoop of ice cream with chocolate sauce I had, I'll have to come back for more. I also like the large happy hour menu, and the fact that it lasts until 7pm. My daughter turns 21 next August, so I'm planning on bringing her to Pop to celebrate.Special Features:
- Thks to our hostess & ourawesomeVIPDined on 4/14/2013Thks to our hostess & our waiter Spencer for a great experience. Will def. be a returning customer!!Special Features:
- Service was excellent, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2013Service was excellent, food was tasty and wine was delish.Special Features:
- Excellent. Happy hour onOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/7/2013Excellent. Happy hour on Sunday from 5-7 was perfect!Special Features: