POP Champagne & Dessert Bar
33 E. Union St.
Pasadena, CA 91103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
POP Champagne & Dessert Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.popchampagnebar.com/
- Phone: 6267951295
- Hours of Operation:
Reservations Highly Recommended
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - Close, Tuesday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - Close, Thursday: 5:00pm - Close, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ray Vasquez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We have Live Music on Thursdays and Sundays starting at 7PM. Jazz or Acoustic guitar duos. Please RSVP
- Special Events: We frequently host bridal showers, bachelorette parties, birthdays, engagement parties, company parties, and everything in between. We have packages to meet any budget. Please fill out our event inquiry form online and we will get back to you asap. http://www.popchampagnebar.com/special-events/event-inquiry-form/
A word from POP Champagne & Dessert Bar
POP Champagne & Dessert Bar is a sexy place for first dates, social gatherings, after-work drinks, or any night out on the town. Indulge yourself with our extensive selection of Champagnes, sparkling wines, dessert wines, and artisanal beers, to be enjoyed with our seasonal dinner and dessert menus. With over fifty wines by the glass, ever-changing wine flights, and an impressive bottle selection, POP is the perfect place for novices and connoisseurs alike, to explore and play in the world of Champagne and desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
POP Champagne & Dessert Bar - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
POP Champagne & Dessert Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (23)hot spot (15)late-night find (14)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great for a date!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014We went there for dinner on Saturday night and had the "Champagne chicken" and "seared scallops" + the wine and champagne flights. That was really really good! Both chicken and scallops were very well cooked and tender. The service and the atmosphere were great! We'll definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Dates, and Spending $OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/19/2014POP is a very romantic and scenic place to have a nice dinner date with a significant other. Large groups are a no no for this place due to its small size and small tables. The ambiance is that of fine dining, and the dimly lit lights help you feel in touch with your date. The food was amazing, and not too overwhelmingly overpriced. The cheese plate and tuna/avocado appetizer are must tries. Wine list is not too large, but as their name goes, they are a champagne and dessert bar, so give the bubbly a go.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2014I was not impressed with the food. I'm a foodie so I know good food. And on top of the fact that the food was lack-luster, my server charged my debit card twice.
- Surprising treat in PasadenaSandyDined on 2/16/2014We enjoyed the food, wine and dessert! Nice selection and very nice atmosphere. Definitely plan to come back againSpecial Features:
- nicenolababeDined on 2/15/2014Attentive service, great wine list. Scallops cooked to perfection. Shrimp in balsamic reduction. ..delicious. honestly, I was really saving myself for dessert. Surprisingly the desert wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be compared to the primary meal. I had the Irish Car Bomb which was just ok. My friend had the crepes and those were delicious. We got the bananas foster version.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a GNO and date nightMDELEONDined on 2/12/2014Good wine selection, nice ambiance, particularly for a GNO. Wished we made it in time for happy hour, since the prices does make me categorize it under "just for special occasions." If I were to return again, it definitely have to be during happy hour. It's also a great place for a romantic evening. There are intimate spots where you and your date can gaze into each other eyes, as if you were the only two people in the room. It was our first time there, and we had a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- not my first time here! IFoodieDined on 2/11/2014not my first time here! I love this place and everything about it! No complaintsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love POPMrsBCBDined on 2/8/2014I always have a great experience at POP, and this time was no exception; in fact, it was even better! Our party of four gals was seated at the coveted window table, with no prior request, and that was very nice. Our waiter, Robert, was engaging, charming, and attentive. He's a real asset to the restaurant. We ordered appetizers and all were very tasty, as was the delicious bubbly. Thanks, POP, I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very consistent. Awesome desserts.sokasalsaDined on 2/4/2014Very consistent. Awesome desserts. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLuv2grubVIPDined on 2/4/2014This is my second time here and the food is just terrific. Salmon with a mustard wine sauce was Cooked just perfect. We ordered 4 or 5 small Plates off the happy hour menu and it was all prepared so well. Nice booths with the champagne Bottles under glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always fun...nadjDined on 1/31/2014this place has a cute name, good food and drinks, and some yummy desserts. it's an excellent place to celebrate with friends, like i've done in the past!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ehLove2EatDined on 1/28/2014Food was just ok, nothing special. Will not be going back.Special Features:
- Good Food - Not Worth the $$$JennyDined on 1/24/2014We went to POP to celebrate a friends birthday. We chose the tasting menu, and selected a flight of champagne, but the price for the food & service is not worth it. Next time I go there it will just be for drinks & dessert - like the name suggests.Special Features:
- Bad service and not what ourKaseDined on 1/17/2014Bad service and not what our group expected. We all felt like we were bothering the staff being there and the restaurant was pretty much empty except for our party of 9. When I received a follow up call about my reservation I was told its a very busy night and we would need to purchase a package which I declined. Overall the entire experience was not good.
- POPluvchpnDined on 1/2/2014My time at Pop Champagne Bar was fantastic. Their drinks are AMAZING and reasonably priced, especially if you are there during happy hour. The salmon and the tomato bruschetta were very delicious. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to Dessert and champagne!Ndt0294Dined on 12/27/2013I like the decor, atmosphere and location. Beware the unique descriptions of the appetizers. Most we're disappointing. They usually are named something sounding familiar but have none of the appeal of the familiar dish. Example, the fondue is not fondue at all but some kind of pasty spread. The pork skins are not the crunchy goodness we know but pieces of barely cooked, fatty pork. Another thing, everything is served with extremely crispy, hard, dusty bread. They need to find other accompaniments to some of these appetizers. My suggestion, stick with what the restaurant name implies are its strengths. The crime brûlée is among the best you will taste and is one of my favorites. Same for the Seasonal pavlova.Special Features:
- Great timeFundineDined on 12/19/2013Went out for a roomate Christmas dinner. The ambiance was amazing and well as the service. They sat us in a little corner table next to the window. Perfect set up for our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for team thank you celebrationEAB1VIPDined on 12/12/2013Took my team here to celebrate hard work on a long project. The appetizers and deserts were good, and the happy hour cocktails fun. The prices on the full bottles of champagne were so-so (reasonable I guess by restaurant markup standards) but it was a shame they didn't have more champagnes available on a tasting basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited items on menu, needglngDined on 12/7/2013Limited items on menu, need more lighter and healthier options. Enjoyed the tuna tartar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinneroneofakindgalDined on 11/30/2013My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary at Pop. We decided to enjoy dessert along with some mimosas. We had made it just in time for a round of happy hour priced drinks. Our server was friendly and attentive. The ambiance was perfect for a romantic end to out night. The bacon maple crepe was to die for, something I'll dream about until we have it again. The only low point to the night is when our check arrived. The food and drinks are a bit overpriced for the proportion of food given. But you are paying for ambiance and unique food items of menu, as well as an extensive drink selection. We will be back for another special occasion dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for celebrating!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2013Had a great time celebrating my sisters' Birthday! She had a great time too! That was my second time and food was delicious had the champagne chicken yummy!! Would definitely recommend this restaurant. Atmosphere great, food great! THe waitress very friendly and helpful. Check it out!Special Features:
- Good for happy hour. MediocreGlobetrotterVIPDined on 11/12/2013Good for happy hour. Mediocre service. Liked it overall better in the past and had referred many people there. If paid with your credit card review it carefully as they overcharged me.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday Sis!Jones4twoDined on 11/10/2013Brought my sis to Pop for her birthday and she loved it! It was really nice to get away and have some sister time. My dessert was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went to hear the MichaelPattiDined on 11/3/2013I went to hear the Michael Ryan Trio play. Great music. Pop is fun and noisy so it was a little hard to hear the extraordinay band. But it was fun and I would go again with or without the band.Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2013We went as a party of six for the Sunday night entertainment. We arrived at 6, in time to order Happy Hour specials before music started at 7. Good food at reasonable prices. The entertainment , Michael Ryan and friends, was superb.Special Features:
- Unique restaurant in PasadenaSoCalTravelerVIPDined on 11/2/2013Champagne centric. Good menu with eclectic choices. Good mix of drinks and wine list. Excellent service. Convenient to Old Town Pasadena or after game at Rose Bowl. Pay parking across the street. Some metered parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been heree for thereluv2eatDined on 10/29/2013I've been heree for there dessert and knew what to expect from that category, but was pleasantly surprised at the quality of their food! It was delish!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish there was some musicLAFoodieDined on 10/25/2013Came here for after dinner dessert for a friends birthday. The hostess and waitress were both so friendly and attentive. The restaurant itself is very cute, we all just said we wish the lights were dimmed and some music was playing in the background. Other than that, the desserts were amazing! Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous place, small andPeterVIPDined on 10/15/2013Fabulous place, small and intimate with an elegant decor whthout pricing to match. The menu is small, but well balanced. The Tuna Tarter is served in a canning jar and though listed with jalepeno pepper, you would never know it. It is one of the best around and easily a dish for two. The sliders can be ordered protien style or with bread and are more than ample without the bread. This is one of the few places that not only has excellent French fries, but they are piping hot when served. The drink menu is unique and focused on bubbly wines, there are reasonably priced flights of champagnes as well as an array of cocktails, the Belini is excellent and the Belini Noir is a nice twist. The salads are huge. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a fantastic time. GreatKristenDined on 10/13/2013Had a fantastic time. Great food. Great service. Romantic and fun ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional entertainmentFafaloveswineDined on 10/6/2013On Sunday 10-6-13 , Large group had a great time! Good food, great service , and exceptional live entertainment. Hope to see them back real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden restaurantSoCalTravelerVIPDined on 9/29/2013Looks like a wine bar but actually has a great menu, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so dinner, good dessertsThaneDined on 9/28/2013Cute restaurant with nice drink menu and a great beer I can't find anywhere else. Desserts are very good (usually) but the food overall is very bland. On our latest visit we got fried chicken tenders which had zero flavor, a watery margherita pizza which tasted like bbq, another pizza with charred prosciutto and a tiny, unimpressive chicken entree. Good desserts, but skip dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place, great foodSoozieqzVIPDined on 9/12/2013I've been meaning to come here for ages & finally made it! I fell in love immediately, it's so gorgeous! The hostess was great, super friendly & I started with a Bellini while I waited for my friend to join me. We started out fine with one server but after what could have been an easily remedied situation turned into major drama with her having a horrendous attitude we switched servers and got a fantastic guy! The food was really tasty, we had an assortment of appetizers so it was a great way to sample lots of delicious things, the chicken bites were a stand out as were the shrimp. Other than the snarky girl it was a great night & the manager was very gracious when we discussed the situation with him so we will absolutely be back soon!
- some loose ends to a nice nightEdgarPDined on 9/6/2013The first course was very slow to arrive (30 min or so). Other tables, that came later, were served first. Most of our items were either fried or baked to serving temperature... so it wasn't that the restaurant was slammed. Likely the ticket was overlooked or not fired. Our server was quite good though. The by the glass selections were well thought out as well. Food was good, not great. The best thing were the fried bananas. No available bottled or sparkling water on a Fri at 8:30 was weird. They are letting money slip through their fingers. The list of grower champagnes was very nice, although not more than a Cabernet list at a fine dining establishment. Maybe I had an inflated expectation of what I would see at a champagne bar.Special Features:
- You gotta go!JJ1522Dined on 9/4/2013Great local gem - I'd tell my hipster friends to drive to Pasadena to check this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POP was PoppinVerdigoDined on 9/1/2013Took the wife for our 23rd Anniversary to their (POP's) Sunday Champagne brunch and it was excellent! If you're not a Champagne drinker you can choose to have all you can drink beer. Their selections were excellent and paired well with the brunch offerings. Everything was so fresh and tasty! Not at all crowded which was puzzling given the quality of food and ambiance of the room... Grab your best girl and or some special friends and be a hero by treating them to POP. You'll make it a habit for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!dtlaexplorerVIPDined on 8/15/2013Great atmosphere and food. Service was also top-notch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightLynnVIPDined on 8/4/2013I'd heard about their "Irish car bomb" dessert, which I wanted to try. Roasted corn soup and seared salmon were also delicious. A nearby diner heard me discussing what to drink with the waiter and suggested that since I wanted the Irish car bomb, I should drink the Black Velvet - which is Guinness mixed with sparkling wine, surprisingly smooth & palatable. The wait staff were all very helpful & attentive. There's a carafe of water on the table, so I didn't have to wait for refills. A couple of musicians were performing live in the background (actually the front window). I definitely recommend the place. It's a tiny storefront, but holds a lot more people comfortably than I would have imagined. The only drawback is street parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First dateWestUpDined on 8/3/2013I had my first date with a girl I recently met and we both had a great time. The staff was friendly and the food and drinks were amazing. I will definitely be going back to Pop very soon. My date and I still talking about this place. Very romantic ♥♥Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.