2070 Chain Bridge Road
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.diyatysons.com/
- Phone: 7039707500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Indian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Diya Restaurant
Diya Tysons captures the same exuberance of a traditional South Asian celebration and offers connoisseurs a culinary mosaic of Indian flavors. The vibrant ambiance provides an authentic dining experience coupled with the warmth of Indian hospitality. With a comfortable seating capacity to accommodate 400 guests, Diya is a delightful venue for all who enjoy traditional and flavorful Indian fare outside of their kitchens.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Diya Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- The slow service needs toOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/11/2011The slow service needs to be addressed if Diya is going to be anything special. The food was tasty and well prepared.
- The atmosphere is quite andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2011The atmosphere is quite and it is not too bright...cozy and the owner would come around to greet the guests and make sure everything is OK. I loved the samosa....not greasy and so fresh. The bread is so fresh and yummy. The biryani is OK but the rice felt as if it was not cooked that much....it was a too spicy for me even when I ordered a mild spice. Overall I would come back to try different dishes.Special Features:
- We love Indian food and decidedHalleyBDined on 2/9/2011We love Indian food and decided to give this new restaurant a shot. Overall we were very pleased. Only a few little errors in service (clearly still training new staff) but very friendly and welcoming. Nice atmosphere that gives it a slightly more upscale feeling than many of its competitors in the area but still kid friendly. The complimentary papadum with three chutneys (loved the mango!) was a great way to start the meal. A great place that I expect to only get better as it settles in its routine.Special Features:
- Never again.friendlyDined on 2/2/2011We were very disappointed in the quality of food. Our lunchtime reservation was at 1:00 and by that time, the buffet was quite picked-over. My companion was distressed to see a dish that looked (and tasted -- she had to try it) just like a Chinese noodle dish. Our waiter couldn't have been nicer, however. But he DID wear latex (surgical) gloves, which was off-putting. There are far better places for an Indian Lunch.
- We went around 9:30 on a FridayohboyVIPDined on 1/29/2011We went around 9:30 on a Friday night. It was basically empty. Food was delicious - everything we ate from appetizers to entrees - would definitely do take out from there. Big party/banquet facility. Nice looking restaurant but it was dead on a Friday night (although we do realize it was late for the suburbs).
- Had lunch and the buffet wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/28/2011Had lunch and the buffet was diverse and tastey! I would go back.
- This place was an extremeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/23/2011This place was an extreme let down. The costs are extremely high, the food isn't that tasty, and the staff mischarge your credit card, as per their wish, if you choose to pay w/ one, regardless of what you approve. The only thing this place has going for it is the ambiance / contemporary deco.
- Standard Indian FareOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/22/2011The food was good. Not great, not bad. The vegetable somosas had a slight sweetness to them that complimented the flavor nicely. The two vegetarian items aloo gobi and dal makhni were standard fare. An addition of a really good spicy chole would have rounded the meal, but I did not see it on the menu. I've had better, more flavored vegetarian food at Saravana Palace in Fairfax. At the same time Rasika and Indique have raised the bar on the high-end of Indian food. I would hope the rest of the pack will follow.Special Features:
- Food slightly on the expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2011Food slightly on the expensive side; their brunch is 19.99 but friends raved about it. So give it a try if looking for good North-Indian food.Special Features:
- A work in progress toward successLuvtheOBXDined on 1/14/2011The food was really very good. The decor is plain, and not inviting. Although they could not find our reservation, we were seated within a reasonable period of time. Service was very attentive at the start and fell off as the evening progressed. We had ordered a second glass of wine, but by the time it arrived, we had finished our meals. I think they are still in the "getting the kinks out" phase. If they can bring the decor and service up to the quality of the food, this should be a restaurant with staying power.
- Food was mostly fair withOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/14/2011Food was mostly fair with some dishes too salty. The breads were awesome but the accompanying side dishes were not upto par for an Indian Restaurant. Condiments were non-existing.Special Features:
- It is a new restuarant. WeVKNAVIPDined on 1/11/2011It is a new restuarant. We went for the sunday bruch - the selection of the food was great. Even better was the amazing taste. The enviornment is great - it is blend of up-scale restuarant and has lounge style seating as well.Special Features:
- Excellent reataurant - everyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/19/2010Excellent reataurant - every effort is made to accommodate special requests. Great food and even greater service. We enjoyed the evening and would recommend the restaurant any time.Special Features:
- Buffet lunch on Sunday wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/19/2010Buffet lunch on Sunday was great but a bit pricey.Special Features:
- When we went, there was aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/11/2010When we went, there was a big surprise birthday party going on in the main dining space.. having a big party in the main dining area is a bad idea..too much of people movement, loud conversations etc..it destroys the ambience for other diners..food is very good..but place looks like an Indian mela! Coat closet makes one go thru another banquet hall..we had to pass by the partying people..uncomfortable..number system for coats is a good idea..we had to search thru about 50 coats to get to ours..Special Features:
- The seating is terrible. ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/24/2010The seating is terrible. There is a central area with the tables really close to each other so that strangers seem to be part of your dinner party. The booths are narrow and if there are 4 people each one ends up with on e of their legs on the table's legs. The noise level is very high. There are no beer glasses; beer is served in wine glasses.THe cutlery is old, bent out of shape.The food left a lot to be desired.The left overs were haphazardly packed and mixed up.Would not recommend.