Park Avenue Tavern
99 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Park Avenue Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parkavenuetavernnyc.com/
- Phone: 2128674484x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday : 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shane Le Blanc
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Saturday and Sunday Brunch features $2 mimosas & half priced bottles of wine & champagne. 11:30am-3:00pm.
Thanksgiving Dinner - Thursday, November 27th 2014 starting at 11:30 am. 3-Course traditional thanksgiving menu for $45 per adult and $20 per child. Also serving our regular menu. Taking reservations now!
A word from Park Avenue Tavern
Park Avenue Tavern features Chef Shane Le Blanc serving traditional American cuisine with a contemporary twist. Our menu and decor is designed to provide our guests with an experience that is reminiscent of New York City's past, paired with modern day amenities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Park Avenue Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (27)great for lunch (26)hot spot (19)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (13)late-night find (6)fit for foodies (6)great for brunch (4)special occasion (3)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/9/2013We're staying at the Kimpton 70 Park Avenue across the street and they've shut down they're restaurant, much to our dismay! We found the Park Avenue Tavern though and it's great! The people are super friendly and food is very good :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2013It's a little pricey, being on Park Avenue We went for Sunday brunch ad it was eeverything one would imagine brunch on Park Avenue to be. Mimosas and bellinis, sausage and white bean casserole with a sunnyside egg on top, but fluffy pancakes for the traditionalists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat NitePacoDined on 6/8/2013Good food excellent service. Nice atmosphere. Varied menu, fresh ingredients, nice cocktail menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grand Central CrowdedHungryVIPDined on 6/6/2013The place was packed with people having a good time. My friend and I had a good dinner here. Service was excellent. Was louder than I usually care for, but it was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in neighborhoodSaraVIPDined on 5/31/2013One of my favorite hunts in midtown; great food, service for food is generally good even when the bar is PACKED. Unfortunately, the night we were there the AC wasn't working well so it was pretty muggy in there.Special Features:
- don't order tomaoto soup ifPantsVIPDined on 5/18/2013you don't like goat cheese. the taste was too overwhelming. grilled cheese was good, but not the best. a fun place, though. I'd go again, just order differently.Special Features:
- Second time aroundSushiLoverVIPDined on 5/16/2013The food is always great and the service was wonderful. It was way too noisy for a dinner with my boss though on a Thursday night. When I had gone for lunch a few weeks before it was much quieter. Just be aware of timing. Great for friends though.
- a great dinnermikegDined on 5/11/2013We found this place on yelp while in town for vacation. Everything was fantastic from the ambiance to the food. We had the mussels, the roasted bone marrow and chicken pastilla. I cannot recommend this place enough!Special Features:
- Not just a neighborhood spotOlinecVIPDined on 5/2/2013Park Avenue Tavern is a great spot for those in the neighborhood or staying at the nearby Hyatt but food is worth traveling for. The lentil and pasta soup of the day was delicious but wished it had been hotter. Southwest chicken sandwich was a daily special. Very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place to get a casualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013Very nice place to get a casual brunch or lunch while in the Grand Central area. The food was very nicely presented and cooked to our choice.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood place,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/16/2013Great neighborhood place, good food, always crowded.Special Features:
- Good food Good atmosphere WellOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2013Good food Good atmosphere Well designed Pleasant service Reccommennded!Special Features:
- One of my favorite placesSaraVIPDined on 4/12/2013One of my favorite places in mid-town; good food, good atmosphere, reasonable prices.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2013One of my favorite restaurants in New York City. It looks cosmopolitan, the food is excellent, the service impeccable. But there is also a feeling that you have arrived home. And only steps away from Grand Central. Do not miss the tables with taps downstairs, which may need to be reserved in advance. So much fun!Special Features:
- BEST TAVERN ON THE TOWNMiltonpaulDined on 4/8/2013Park Avenue Tavern sits squarely between a great pub and an excellent restaurant! Warm, inviting, informal pub atmosphere, creative menu, delicious food and superb, caring and attentive service. Good choice for a reasonably-priced meal, or a quick, yummy lamb burger. If bar scene is too "energetic", there's a quieter and more private section at the back, also great for a group.Special Features:
- Being rushed out!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013Was seated quickly due to reservation. Ordered 2 salads one for myself and the other for my friend. LITERALLY within 30 seconds of us ordering our food was at the table. My friend and I were talking and we were made to feel very rushed, so they could turn the "table over". We kept being asked if we were done with our food and the bus boy hovering over us to clear our plates. I was VERY disappointed and would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Great food, drinks & service..LovedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013Great food, drinks & service..Loved it.... Will go back frequently..Great hosts and hostesses. Was not rushed. had party of 6 from out of town and they loved it as well...Special Features:
- Not a great place for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2013Not a great place for a business dinner due to the "vibrant bar scene". Should request table downstairs.Special Features:
- Good food and service. butBryantYuVIPDined on 3/27/2013Good food and service. but SOOO noisy. do not come here if you want to have a conversation over dinner.
- My daughter and I went forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013My daughter and I went for a late dinner, and really enjoyed the Greek salad and the mac and cheese, a perfect combination which we shared. There was a bachelorette party going on so the noise level may have been more than usual, but it was a Friday night. I went again for dinner a couple of nights later by myself because it was close to my hotel, and again was very pleased with the food and the service.Special Features:
- Very good food but priceyMrLuxembourgVIPDined on 3/7/2013Very good reuben sandwich, but not NYC deli portion and at $15 with chips it was pricey. Nice ambiance and good attentive service.
- Great place for lunch in midtownkellyVIPDined on 2/27/2013Best burgers in town! Hostess was very friendly and helpful. Great find in Midtown and conveniently located next to GCT. Quiet at lunch during the weekday when we visited.Special Features:
- Mediocre but great locationSpillD3P2Dined on 2/20/2013Had a reservation but got seated a bit later at a two-top for 4 people which was not ideal but the hostess did offer a booth to us about 10 minutes after we sat down. The food was good - nothing special - and I found it odd that I wasn't asked if I wanted another beer when I finished my first one mid-meal. Overall, there's not a lot of great places this close to Grand Central so I'd k go back just for that and for its large vibrant bar scene.Special Features:
- We only had salads for lunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2013We only had salads for lunch, but they were fresh and tasty. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Good place.Special Features:
- We went for lunch. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2013We went for lunch. The service was excellent - they really know how to manage efficient lunch service without making you feel rushed. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- very convenient - great placedavectDined on 2/7/2013very convenient - great place for a casual business lunchSpecial Features:
- Very busy bar crowd on ThursOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/31/2013Very busy bar crowd on Thurs nights! Lots of activity and energy.Special Features:
- I went for brunch and theJlc425VIPDined on 1/27/2013I went for brunch and the menu was what you would expect for brunch items. I had the macaroni and cheese, which was phenomenal. The bits of bacon and tomatoes made the dish. I would love to come back for dinner and would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Cozy Place on Park Ave for SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013Great service. Food was good. Some items costly! Small plate Risotto for $ 19!Special Features:
- Exactly the type of casualnotanyjoeDined on 1/25/2013Exactly the type of casual informal but above average quality I was looking for to bring a client out to lunch.Special Features:
- Very happy hourvenusnycVIPDined on 1/24/2013The jam of happy-hour revelers came as a surprise in this rather dull neighborhood, and never abated throughout the night we dined there. For a place apparently more focused on drinks than eats, the spinach salad with chicken and beet salad with salmon were surprisingly delicious. Various plates at nearby tables were nicely presented and looked quite tempting. Though the waitress offered inaccurate information about wine, and the busmen attempted several times to remove plates mid-bite, the Tavern is still a spot worth a visit.Special Features:
- Delish New England Clam ChowderSnoozyQzeeDined on 1/20/2013Delish New England Clam Chowder and the pretzel rolls were a nice alternative to other blah bread that often can be served. The menu offered several fun surpises. Will certainly go back.Special Features:
- We had an early dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/6/2013We had an early dinner and it was terrific. The crabcake sandwich was moist and flavorful, served with potato chips. The folks who ordered the burger definitely enjoyed it and the French fries were hot, fresh, salty and delicious. We had a good pint of Goose Rocks. The sports fans in the group enjoyed watching the game on the tv over the bar. Service was fantastic. A special shout out to our excellent server, Katy from Rockaway. We will definitely come back here again.Special Features:
- great happy hour bar scene,OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/1/2013great happy hour bar scene, there's a downstairs bar where you can get trashy drunk, but otherwise, it's a wholesome dining scene upstairs, and a great brunch menuSpecial Features:
- Really good service, noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Really good service, noise level not bad at all considering this is a social bar scene as well as a restaurant. We were in a booth--four of us--and the feeling was one of "our own private place." Food, I must say, was excellent and professionally served throughout. Our first time there for dinner, but we'll go again.
- Wow, what serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Our server was without a doubt the best, I mean the best, server I have had at any restaurant in any city. She knew the menu, sensed our needs and offered very good solutions to make our meal exceptional. Bonus, the food was really tasty too. I would go back again.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/20/2012Waited 35 minutes after our reservation, and the manager was incredibly rude. Food was fine, but not worth the poor hospitality.Special Features:
- Great table in the back. DespitemontclairfoodieVIPDined on 12/20/2012Great table in the back. Despite the fact that it was a very busy time of year right before the holidays, they never rushed us to free up the table.Special Features:
- It was a rainy Sunday so theOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/16/2012It was a rainy Sunday so the two block walk from Grand Central Station wasn't bad. My friend and I have a yearly holiday luncheon in the city and this was our first time here. We Were seated immediately. Our waitress was attentive, friendly and overall a pleasure. We had the scrambled eggs and the ham, cheese and egg from the brunch menu and both were delicious. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- The hummus and Macaroni andOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/15/2012The hummus and Macaroni and cheese are phenomenal!Special Features: