Park Avenue Tavern
99 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Park Avenue Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parkavenuetavernnyc.com/
- Phone: 2128674484x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday : 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shane Le Blanc
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Saturday and Sunday Brunch features $2 mimosas & half priced bottles of wine & champagne. 11:30am-3:00pm.
Thanksgiving Dinner - Thursday, November 27th 2014 starting at 11:30 am. 3-Course traditional thanksgiving menu for $45 per adult and $20 per child. Also serving our regular menu. Taking reservations now!
A word from Park Avenue Tavern
Park Avenue Tavern features Chef Shane Le Blanc serving traditional American cuisine with a contemporary twist. Our menu and decor is designed to provide our guests with an experience that is reminiscent of New York City's past, paired with modern day amenities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Park Avenue Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (27)great for lunch (26)hot spot (19)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (13)late-night find (6)fit for foodies (6)great for brunch (4)special occasion (3)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great brunch place!DolceVSVIPDined on 2/22/2014Love the seasonal pancake fillings! All brunch items I've eaten have been very tasty. Notable ones are pastrami hash, crushed potatoes, bacon and obviously the pancakes! Love that this place isn't super packed for brunch either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Lively BarJamie2499VIPDined on 2/19/2014I am always surprised by how crowded this bar is during the week (even on a Monday or Tuesday) so I have been looking forward to going. The food was very good (I had the burger and a side of spinach and my friend had the steak). The prices for the food and wine were average for NYC. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very average andOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/31/2014Food was very average and the Tavern has virtually no heat , so the experience is overall very poor...lots of other excellent options in this area.
- Serving Up a Good BrunchAndyDined on 1/25/2014This after work hot spot with a great location has recently added brunch to their food offerings. I've only come here for drinks before but decided to try it out for brunch on a recommendation. The place wasn't busy at all so we got a great seat next to the window and I was very pleased with the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodNYCvisitorDined on 1/22/2014We made a reservation and I'm glad we did. Very busy spot with small tables. But the service was excellent and the food very good. And the prices were very reasonable for NYC. Extremely convenient to Grand Central and to the Grand Hyatt (where we stayed). Would go there again.
- We were looking for a placeSuzanneVIPDined on 1/10/2014We were looking for a place for a late night light dinner close to our hotel and this spot was great...the food and our waitress were great and would certainly return. The one slight drawback was that it was extremely loud so it made it very difficult to carry on any kind of a conversation.....as the night wore on and the crowd diminished ever so lightly it seemed to get a bit better.Special Features:
- Always reliably good food,SaraVIPDined on 1/3/2014Always reliably good food, very fresh ingredients. My only complaint is during weekday evenings it has a very busy bar crowd so dining conversation is very challenging.Special Features:
- Always good...a happy place to be!!MMMMKVIPDined on 12/20/2013Even at this time of year, with all the hustle and bustle, with a reservation, you are extended a warm greeting by the lovely hostesses and you're set to go!! Whether you want a perfect hamburger or their winter kale salad, the food is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good good and good atmosphereNYCUWSVIPDined on 12/16/2013The soups are delicious and a healthy portion. The mussels and fries are a treat and definitely worth the wait. Good restaurant and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday cheer at Park Avenue TavernLuLuBVIPDined on 12/16/2013Great job by the team at Patk Avenue Tavern! Such a great midtown location with great energy and vibes. Enjoy the holidays at this marvelous location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service, very goodNoVATravelerDined on 12/13/2013Very good service, very good food with a busy, crowded lively bar. Noise levels high with sound reflecting off of hard ceilings and windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent business lunch spot...Monty1206VIPDined on 12/5/2013Quick but consistent quality, great, friendly outgoing staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid lunch place1983GONYRDined on 12/3/2013Dined for first time. The service was excellent. Our food came out very quickly and it was tasty. A very efficient lunch place. Noise level wasn't too high which allowed for conversation. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and cozytaccfdDined on 11/28/2013This was a comfortable restaurant, pleasant employees that made it obvious they enjoyed there job. The food was excellent and plentiful, the self taps in the lower level was fun and enjoyable. The decor makes all customers feel at home. This is and will become a favorite when I make my visits to new York City in the future. Excellent ambience and noise level is acceptable.Special Features:
- Consistently Good & EnjoyableMiltonpaulDined on 11/25/2013I have been to Park Avenue Tavern many times for lunch. I have never had a complaint, and have always appreciated the service, ambience, menu and food quality. This is a well-run, special and especially nice place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/24/2013Great food. Relatively quiet with football in the background (which was fine for us on a Sunday evening). Service is very friendly and makes you feel like a regular guest. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Just "Fine"Jude8VIPDined on 11/6/2013Met a client there for lunch. It's close to the Grand Central area where he works and I'd read some reviews of the restaurant which all seemed to give Park Avenue Tavern a fairly positive review. The room is loud and the food was ok... nothing special or memorable. We had beet salad, bland tomato soup, a charcuterie plate, and arancini. This feels like an after work place where people meet for a loud bar scene experience. The food is an after thought. It's unfortunate because that's an area that could use a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Always AmazingAnnaVIPDined on 11/1/2013Love Park Avenue Tavern. The food and drinks are always great. They also deliver excellent service. It's a very popular place for happy hour so can be crowded and loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak sandwich was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/29/2013The steak sandwich was good, and my friedn hada very large caesar salad that was nice. Great spot for lunhc, would love to ty it at dinner too. A little pricey for whatit was, but the ambience and interior was very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But Oh That NoiseProfSVIPDined on 10/15/2013Good pub. Small but good menu. Bar scene "sounded" great. Suggest lunch or (very) late dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real disappointmentPLFoodieDined on 10/4/2013It was recommended by our hotel. Even though it wasn't busy at 2:45 pm, the server was indifferent at best. Long waits for everything--menu, drinks & food. My salad had beets, along with many other ingredients, but I didn't expect that 50% of it would be large chunks of beets. Marinated goat cheese had good creamy texture but little flavor. Crab cake nothing to write home about. Chicken entree quite good. Our main issues were with the service.
- Great place.JgiffyVIPDined on 10/1/2013This is an awesome place for drinks. If there for business dinner ask for corner table as it is noisy. The spinach artichoke dip is to for forSpecial Features:
- A great spot near Grand CentralSaraVIPDined on 9/13/2013One of my favorite places in the neighborhood; only criticism is the chef is heavy handed with salt. Not for the noise-sensitive during the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my very favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2013One of my very favorite restaurants. Great food and reasonable prices ! I have loved every meal I have had there !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Great Owners, Great !JamesVIPDined on 9/4/2013This place is always a winner with owners who are there and engaged. Food is always good and reasonable (it is on Park Ave). Have a reservation, it is aways full and the bar is always alive with locals and 30's somethings after work. Go, its a winnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little GemMichaelDined on 8/25/2013Nice neighborhood diamond in the rough. Stuffed chicken, mussels, Filet, Soft shelled crab all excellent! 50% off bottles of wine on Sundays makes it well worth the trip. Good energy!Special Features:
- The hostess was great....veryNYCVisitorDined on 8/20/2013The hostess was great....very welcoming upon arrival and reconfirmed the details of my reservation. The restaurant is pretty loud so it was challening to have a business conversation, but the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite spot in NYC!JessyVIPDined on 8/17/2013Stayed at 70 park right across the street... i wish i found this place sooner because the food is amazing! For brunch they have $5 custom cocktails and mocktails... delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found a new gemjeffDined on 8/14/2013Had business dinner here as it was convenient from my clients hotel. This is a great neighborhood tavern with a lively bar scene and great food. Had their mac n cheese (with pancetta and gruyere) and their chicken entrée (marinated in tequila). Both were excellent. Our server was very friendly and attentive and manager came by and made sure all was good. Drinks were well done. They are doing it right and would highly recommend the Park Avenue Tavern!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly pubJemmDined on 8/14/2013Very friendly and energetic pub at lunch time and most likely more energetic at night when more beer and wine is being poured. Great spot for lunch. They should do away with that dark corner in the back of the first floor and install more of those nice big booths.Special Features:
- great farm to table restaurant!JessyVIPDined on 8/11/2013Felt like everything was unique to this restaurant. Everything from the drinks to the food is their own delicious creation! Prosciutto hash and sundried tomato and goat cheese quiche were to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for after workshorerunnernycDined on 8/8/2013Great place for after work drinks & dinner with friends or co-workers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dinner and happyparkaveDined on 8/6/2013Great for dinner and happy hour. Food was delicious however the noise level was a bit too loud. I had trouble at times hearing my boyfriend across the table. The service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/3/2013Great food. Super friendly service, even got great advice from two waitresses on finding an apartment in NYC - we were helping our son move to NYC. Sat/Sunday brunch is not to be missed. Potatoes served with brunch are to die for - never had any like them. Fabulous cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Banker bar seenSMWCVIPDined on 7/31/2013Great bar -food was adequate bar style fare. Good for groupsSpecial Features:
- Good local spotAbelincoln1Dined on 7/18/2013This is a good local spot we eat at when in NYC. Close to grand central and the east side. Basic with special food menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO NOISYLizziedeeDined on 7/11/2013Whilst we enjoyed the food, we could barely hear ourselves talk, the noise level was so loud. Had we known this before we would not have booked this restaurant. We had already been in during the day for drinks, and thought it would be nice to return in the evening, however we were very disappointed with the atmosphere, just way too loud. The survey states "noise level - energetic" that's certainly putting a positive spin on a negative point in my opinion.
- Fun placeDodgersWillVIPDined on 7/10/2013Lots of energy here and a solid menu. Place is usually packed. Two levels of dining. Very friendly service. You will have fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY Vibrant.neeneeVIPDined on 6/12/2013Went here with friends because of proximity to Grand Central (they were returning to CT that evening). Lobster roll was fresh and delicious, spinach salad was excellent and super-sized. Don't remember what everyone had but all were pleased with selections.Staff was very attentive. Ed, the manager, came to say hello; our server, Elizabeth, was gracious and helpful. Only drawback(to us)was the noise. Bar is situated in a ring in the center of the room, creating a problem for diners who sit at tables surrounding it. It was impossible to hear each other above the racket of the bar crowd. They weren't out of line--just enjoying themselves. Ed assured us that it was a lot more quiet at brunch. Brunch menu looked great. We plan to give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner!BIBIDined on 6/9/2013We've been here twice and we found food very good, outstanding service, price in range. The ambience is really nice. Suggested!Special Features: