O Steaks & Seafood South
11 South Main Street
Concord, NH 03301Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
O Steaks & Seafood South
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.magicfoodsrestaurantgroup.com/
- Phone: 6038567925
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Scott Ouellette Chef/Owner, Chef de Cusine Chris Roscoe
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offering full on and off premise catering. Please call 603-707-6929 or visit us on line at www.magicfoodsnh.com, email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Offering private rooms up to 100 guest
A word from O Steaks & Seafood South
Another "must dine" created by Chef Owner Scott Ouellette, O Steaks & Seafood South is located in Concord, NH. Offering only the freshest ingredients we work to bring you the classic steak house with something extra. Steak not your choice? Try the Lobster Mac & Cheese or one of our freshly prepared seafood dishes. Don't miss the Corn Pudding which is a must have or the Kobe Beef O pops. O Steaks and Seafood's wine list has been hand selected by Scott offering over twenty wines by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
O Steaks & Seafood South reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (16)romantic (13)neighborhood gem (12)great for outdoor dining (12)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (9)hot spot (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Yum!CasualSmartDinerDined on 10/5/2013For our Anniversary dinner we had the Sea Bass and Lamb entrees. Superb presentation and flavor. The sides were simple, yet perfectly highlighted the flavors and textures of the meats to which they were paired. We LOVED every bite! Service was prompt, knowledgeable, and friendly. One small critique: On the escargot hors d'oeuvre: the cheese, while delicious, in such a quantity, was a distraction from the delicious garlic and butter beneath. Also, wished that there had been music in the dining area. The tall ceiling and the din of the bar area made it feel ever so slightly vacuous in there, and music would have helped the intimacy. Overall a very good experience - Thank you! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere. AbsolutelyCMR11Dined on 10/1/2013Great atmosphere. Absolutely delicious menu! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak was O so good!NHFoodieDined on 9/20/2013NY Sirloin was cooked to perfection, tender and full of flavor. The sauce that comes with the calamari appetizer puts it a cut above the usual fare.Special Features:
- Very Good place.JM74Dined on 9/12/2013If you want to have dinner in Concord this place is excelent. Good wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- O'mg!!! Great food!!!slainteDined on 8/30/2013Kobe beef o pops and oysters rockefeller appetizers were outstanding; Our group had a Kobe steak, lobster mac, surf and turf mac, and a fillet, All excellent, meat cooked as requested, extensive wine list, we enjoyed a bottle of pinot noir, and some great martinis, seating was comfortable and spacious, dining room opposite large bar area yet you didn't hear bar noise. Waiter was friendly, helpful and attentive, no rushing or hovering. nice atmosphere great food and not a complaint in the group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreMemzieDined on 8/9/2013Had heard good things about this restaurant but the night I was there, it was extremely noisy. My friend and I had to raise our voices to hear each other across the table. The food was good but not great. My risotto was salty but my friend's was bland, a bit strange. Neither of us thought it was good enough to order again. The service was rushed with the entree showing up before the apps were cleared. The restaurant was not full so there was no reason for a hurried pace. Maybe we hit an off night.Special Features:
- Superb!paradise214Dined on 8/8/2013Our first time there. Purpose of going there was because after all my searching for Lobster Mac-n-cheese, this place had it. Very close to home, without having to go all the way out to coastal area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly enjoyed ourselves!trulyenjoyedDined on 8/2/2013We had been given a gift certificate and had family from out os state that came up to NH so we took them to your restaurant. We food the food to be top notch, and our waitress was outstanding. A bit pricey but the quality of food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All in all a good meal andleeleemmmDined on 6/28/2013All in all a good meal and truly outstanding service. They should remove sauces from their menu, however. There is nothing less appetizing than cold bernaise sauce. There are many restaurants that offer great steaks that don't do bernaise, but if you are offering it, it must be made to order or not at all. For a 40.00 steak, quality demands it. When I requested warmer sauce, I was told they couldn't do that as it was prepped in the morning and would break up if they reheated. Yuck!I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotalocalDined on 6/17/2013I have dined here several times. Always good service and food. Dining is equally nice at the bar, in the main restaurant, or outside if weather permits. I'm a big fan of comfort food and they have lots along those lines to choose from. O has become one of my favorite spots in town - for a nice dinner with my husband as well as a group lunch with co-workers.Special Features:
- So Accomodating!foodloverDined on 6/15/2013We went there with my entire family for my grandson's graduation and they were so nice! Service was awesome and were so attentive. My daughter's steak was a little overdone and they replaced it immediately no problem. Food was delicious and the prices were very reasonable. I would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2013Excellent place for a business lunch. Plenty of room for larger groups. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food.welikeitDined on 5/24/2013We again enjoyed a wonderful meal at O's. Service was not as attentive as times past, though; it was adequate, but nothing special. Other nit- when I ordered a Cosmo, I was asked if I wanted the "regular" or "premium", which was new. The "regular" was okay, but certainly not as tasty as other times I've ordered one. It was sweeter than it should have been. My suggestion is to ditch the difference on these and just serve a really good drink for one price. I understand the economics of drink sales, but why offer two levels when you are at such a nice place? This will make me think twice about ordering a Cosmo again from here. The food quality and preparation were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experience forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2013Always a good experience for lunch or dinner. Whenever we have a free evening, and want to head out in Concord, this is always our first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedMJSNHDined on 5/18/2013Decided to visit as they participating in NH restaurant week and high ratings. Very poor service from a waiter who never told us about the specials and had to ask about restaurant week special twice. Then when we got the special menu it was basically lunch items. The food was good however service was poor at best very loud as we were seated next to two large parties even though plenty of other tables open when we arrived and when we left. Will probably not come here again.
- lunch saturday may11patchesDined on 5/11/2013the food was very good no complaints. our waitress was not very accomadating though when we asked if we could switch different veggies with meals and did not seam very patient when asking questions about menu.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerBrendaleeDined on 5/6/2013The O came highly recommended to us so we traveled for over 1 hour for our anniversary dinner and we were so glad we did. We had the best meal we have had in a very long time. There is not another restaurant around us that has the menu choices and superb food we had at o. We will be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewFoodforThoughtDined on 4/30/2013We were seated quickly - good food and plenty ! Apps (calamari, onion strings, Bleu Cheese chips) were enjoyed by all... Our drink glasses (soda, iced tea) were empty for a bit, but eventually our server brought more... Good atmosphere... Thanks... :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the seafood risotto andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2013Had the seafood risotto and it was fantastic, it contained a fair amount of seafood and the risotto was perfectly prepared. My only comment is that the scallops in the dish should have been regular sea scallops and not the small bay scallops which have no taste. They also made a great Espresso Martini.Special Features:
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013First Open Table blocked times from 6 to 7:30 for reservations so we went at 5:45pm. No one was in the restaurant portion of the place. It never filled up so could have eaten at 6:30 Next it was so dark you couldn't see what you were eating which is probably the way they want it for the price it was disappointing to get prefrozen food instead of fresh! There was four of us and it was all bad. Traditional Escargots was bizare in garlic butter out of the shell and then covered with bread and butter, more like french onion soup?? Where did they study? Don't order the colby beef meatloaf - we own a beef farm and that stuff wouldn't attract a coyote. Just don't go.
- Food was excellent - largeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2013Food was excellent - large portions for leftovers! Very noisy. Would not want to be trying to have a dinner here on a weekend.Special Features:
- great meal at a great price.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2013great meal at a great price. Excellent wait staff, fab cocktails.Special Features:
- A Concord GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/3/2013Excellent food served on a consistent basis. Considering this is a high end dining spot, it's lunch menu is very reasonable. Costs no more than any lower quality lunch spot. Service is second to none. Jessica our server was both professional and personable. You will love this Concord gem.Special Features:
- No one at the door to great & seatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013I had to wait a long time at the front desk before anyone acknowledged me. The hostess was no where to be found for a 12:30 lunch reservation!!! Finally someone from the bar staff came over to seat me.
- From service to food it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2013From service to food it was a great dining experience. Catherine was wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:
- a local star loses its shineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2013Ohs was initially well received in Concord, as good restaurants there are hard to find. However, this meal was lackluster. The chicken with cashews and lettuce wrap was too large a portion and lacked flavor, other than salt. The short ribs were good, but the portion was again, too large. They need to upgrade their menu and improve their flavors.
- Great food, warm and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013Great food, warm and friendly ambiance, fabulous bar areaSpecial Features:
- I Love O's but...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013I have eaten at O's a number of times. Generally the food quality and service is top notch. This visit delivered a less than expected experience, granted it was on Valentines Day a busy evening. Server was not really attentive and provided no explanation of our pre fixe courses, and provided just a "drop and go" type of service. Our steaks were ordered medium rare. One was delivered medium to medium well, the other border lining well done (sorry, no excuse for an overcooked $50 steak). The server never returned during the main course to check on our entree's so we sat and ate them. I really like O's though and will forgive this off night to return and give them another try.Special Features:
- Food and atmosphere barelyGlobalDinerDined on 2/14/2013Food and atmosphere barely meet expectations for a restaurant in this price range. Cost management seemed to be a focus rather than providing a quality dining experience.Special Features:
- Great for Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013The lunch was a semi-annual vendor lunch with folks from out of town. I've personally dinned at O's several times in the past and always had great experiences there, both for lunch and dinner, so it was an easy choice for this. Even though I had a last minute change to our reservation, O's was very accommodating and ready for us when we arrived. The server was pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu and attentive but not over bearing. Everyone in our party was very happy with the menu selection and thoroughly enjoyed lunch. I had the fish and chips and it was delightful. The fish was not very heavily battered which was a nice change from many other restaurants and the home made tarter sauce was excellent. I will be returning soSpecial Features:
- Great Food, Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/15/2013Always great food and always great, attentive, friendly service. Martini's served up just the way you asked for. O's has become my favorite business lunch stop in Concord, NH.Special Features:
- Not worth it.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2013Very mediocre food. The salad was good but the entree was a mishmash of flavors, with nothing outstanding. Way too much money for so little foodie value.
- My wife and my first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/6/2013My wife and my first time there, but O's has come recommended to us by friends. It didn't disappoint! The food was excellent (I got the lamb...superb!) and the service was exactly as you'd expect. Great experience, definitely lived up to the hype.Special Features:
- We had a great meal beforeebm557Dined on 1/2/2013We had a great meal before going to a show at the Capital Center for the Arts. We went out on a limb and brought the whole family (4 kids ages 4-14) and we had a private booth that worked out perfectly. The waiter was accomodating to our kids without having a kids menu.Special Features:
- Nice menu with many selections.Lakeside99Dined on 12/23/2012Nice menu with many selections. Enjoyed the service and the ambiance.Special Features:
- Concord's Finest RestaurantJWeisbrodVIPDined on 12/4/2012If you are near Concord, NH it would be a shame to miss this wonderful restaurant. Sumptuous steaks, fresh and delicately prepared seafood are complemented by a variety of delectable side dishes. The service was absolutely first class and everyone from the hostess to the servers was friendly and helpful. You will not go away hungry or anything less than completely satisfied when you stop to eat here.Special Features:
- O is one of the few placesLeahVIPDined on 11/29/2012O is one of the few places to have an upscale experience in Concord. The food is very good, though the restaurant is quite noisy.Special Features:
- We love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2012We love this restaurant! Food and service are outstanding. Glad to have a great place to go to in Concord.Special Features:
- We were favorably impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2012We were favorably impressed with our first visit to O. The waitress was attentive and polite and knowledgeable about the menu. The menu had enough offerings. The service matched the pace we wanted and the food was well prepared, hot and tasty. We'll go back again.Special Features:
- Great ambiance. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2012Great ambiance. Excellent Service. Menu was diverse and well rounded. Prices for such a classy place were extremely reasonable. Really enjoyed the experience and will come back and recommend to my friends. Great experience.Special Features: