Old Blinking Light
9344 Dorchester St
Highlands Ranch, CO 80129Neighborhood:
Highlands Ranch / Lone Tree
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Old Blinking Light
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.taosrestaurantgroup.com/old_blinking_light/_about.html
- Phone: 3033469797
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Hansen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call and talk to our event manager!
- Private Party Facilities: The Old Blinking Light’s "Kiva Room" offers a warm, intimate atmosphere for family gatherings, corporate events, social receptions & business luncheons. This truly unique space accommodates up to 36 people seated and up to 45 for a cocktail style reception. With private access to an outdoor patio of Colorado's beautiful front range, the Old Blinking Light is the ultimate private dining experience in Highlands Ranch. We offer our full dinner menu for parties up to 25, and special limited menus to your specifications. The Kiva Room's large screen TV is laptop compatible and is perfect for Powerpoint presentations and slideshows. There are also chalk boards and cork boards available for your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Earl Gonzales 3033469797
- Cross Street: Highlands Ranch Parkway
- Public Transit: RTD bus route has multiple transits that will get you 200 yards from the restaurant. The stop will be the town center in Highlands Ranch.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Open parking available throughout the town center with a multi level public garage directly behind the restaurant.
A word from Old Blinking Light
Whether you are looking for a relaxing lunch, family-friendly dinner or night out to enjoy excellent margaritas, the Old Blinking Light welcomes you! Named one of America’s 10 Best New Chefs by Food & Wine Magazine, Chef Joseph Wrede joins forces with owners Michael Yaccino and Nat Troy to introduce a fresh new taste to the Highlands Ranch community. Influenced by a Taos, NM background, the superb menu offers a wide range of fresh flavors and tastes. American food with a Southwest soul!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Old Blinking Light - Best Restaurants in Highlands Ranch / Lone Tree ›
Old Blinking Light reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (52)neighborhood gem (48)good for groups (37)fit for foodies (33)special occasion (23)great for lunch (22)kid-friendly (21)hot spot (15)romantic (14)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (6)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Mixed EmotionsblittletonDined on 11/25/2013I ordered the mac and cheese with bacon - big disappointment - the cheese was bland, melted and gooey, not baked, and the mac was cheap, small noodles. Maybe kids would like it, but it wasn't on the kid's menu, it was the first dish listed on the entree portion of the main menu. I have no idea why they are so proud of this dish - I thought it was awful! My friend liked his mussels, and there looked to be all sorts of good food going to other tables, so I felt I ordered the wrong thing. I have mixed emotions about this place. My friend wants to give it another chance - I'm not so sure.Special Features:
- consistently good foodWinterdaughterVIPDined on 11/14/2013The shrimp appetizer is always a good start and my husband had a New York strip. I had a delicious trout with sweet potato fries. This time we had a banana type desert but it was a little disappointing. I love Blue Moon on draft too.Special Features:
- Birthday surprise partyHankDined on 11/13/201343YO Daughter visiting Colorado was treated to a surprise birthday treat for dinner with 9 people Food was delicious, service exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service and tasty foodAkeahDined on 11/12/2013Old Blinking Light's great service complimented a few stand out menu items. We really enjoyed the Sweet & Spicy Shrimp, the sauce was great. The pork loin and salmon were both good and very filling. I didn't love the Mahi Mahi Ceviche, but the Mudpie for dessert more than made up for it, yum! Good food without having to fight you way downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local stapleAmberLDined on 11/9/2013When we don't want to drive too far for a more downtown feel, we go to OBL. Solid food and service every time, although the service could be improved to take things to the next level. Still, I would recommend this place!!Special Features:
- Girls night out!JgaleDined on 11/9/2013Brought 5 ladies here and was able to take part in their happy hour and delicious dinner menu. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix Fixe Never DisappointsTheakstonDined on 11/9/2013This was our second dining experience eating off the prix fixe menu. The shrimp and ceviche were great and the salmon and lamb yummy.Special Features:
- Lovely experience..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013No wait with reservations. Great food. Friendly and efficient servers. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good, sometimes greatPoppyDined on 11/8/2013When OBL is on, they serve the best New Mexico food within miles. Tonight they were not quite on. Don't get me wrong, the food is still good. Tonight though, the sides/sauces weren't as temperature hot as the entree. The beef in the rolled enchiladas was certainly delicious, but probably should have simmered longer to make it more tender. Service was very good too.Special Features:
- Once I sat down, you'd haveTazzVIPDined on 11/4/2013Once I sat down, you'd have thought I was invisible! The server took way to long to come over to greet me. I was looking at getting a glass of wine but once she left the menus & glass of water, she was long gone. I finally got her attention and ordered what I thought was my entire nights choices. I started with a bowl of mussels that were unbelievable! I even drank the broth down to the last drop. I got her attention again to get more tea and she asked about dinner(?). So I ordered again. I got the baja tacos - OK but not my fav & won't do again. I was going to have a dessert but was too full so she boxed one up to go. Not the way to go even w/ a coupon. She just needs a little prodding to know that one guy is just as important as 2,4, or ?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant has reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/2/2013The restaurant has really good food and lots of gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Old Blinking Lightenjoyeating100Dined on 11/2/2013Be sure to make reservations on the weekends, even if you go early, because this place is popular; service was great; Mexican food and margaritas were excellent. It's a little loud, but that's okay. Great vibe.Special Features:
- Great food ok serviceWWp3VIPDined on 11/1/2013The food and ambiance were both top notch. Our server was courteous and fairly friendly but just did her job. She did. Or appear to be over-loaded yet was not attentive. We had to wait a long time for both desert and the check. She made. No comment about either. She seemed to be going through the motions with very little enthusiasmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Great Service! BUT...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2013This was the first time we've experienced this restaurant. The atmosphere was very inviting. The food and service was excellent! BUT... The area of the restaurant that we were seated was very cold! It was uncomfortable most if the time. We didn't ask to be moved because the restaurant was very busy and didn't want to have to wait for a table to be available since we made a reservation. I would suggest to request not to be seated in the back room near the side exit. Otherwise this is a great restaurant...we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highlands ranch gemGrandavegirlVIPDined on 10/28/2013If I lived in the area I would frequent this place. Love the decor. The fire elements are great on a cool day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIceJohn22VIPDined on 10/19/2013I made the reservation under may name: Feedback from my wife: My wife and one of her longtime friend girl friends had a very nice dinner. They were seated promptly for their 7:30 reservation. (suggest that guests make reservations). They were not rushed during dinner and had ample time to catch-up on girl talk. *Why doesn't the Open Table give points for this local gem?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BusyKhabeggerVIPDined on 10/11/2013Food, service, ambiance was very good. The restaurant is getting so busy we had to wait 20 minutes after our 7:30 reservation. But the staff was very attentive and did their best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeds ExpectationsBillyO71Dined on 10/9/2013My wife & I had a wonderful time & recommend for dinner. Sat outside near the fire pit, food was great, & the service outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEVER AGAIN!!DeansterVIPDined on 10/4/2013The food was terrible. Had the filet - it was tough and the size of a sea scallop. They were more worried about getting their table back then good service. $93 Dollar meal??? Never again!!
- Fire-pit ambianceFixersDined on 10/3/2013The King Ranch Enchilada was excellent. Ate outdoors on the first cold evening and the fire-pit warmed us and created a welcoming atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter was great and theChrisVIPDined on 9/28/2013Our waiter was great and the food was fantastic but we waited almost 30 minutes with a reservation. Something had obviously occurred earlier in the evening because there was another couple there that had the same issue. A reservation had been made and almost 30 minutes had gone by before being seated. I understand running behind but that was quite a long delay. Outside of that start to the meal, the food was very good. We had the fried avocado and truffle fries as starters and the stacked enchiladas and pork as entrees. The chocolate drizzle dessert with the fruit and chocolate was a fabulous way to end the meal. Curbed the sweet tooth cravings but was not heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!MichelleVIPDined on 9/26/2013Our meals were wonderfully prepared and seasoned. Very creative. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen always good, service is okC2computerVIPDined on 9/14/2013We have frequented this restaurant many times, it is always good food, varied menu and tasty. Service always seems like they are overloaded with tables so it is not their strong point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaffJohn22VIPDined on 9/13/2013The staff is what will keep us coming back. Very friendly, menu knowledgable and very curtiuos. Our waiter MAX was so "Professional" that my wife and I personally complimented him. I made it a point to thank him in the presence of other customer. Yes, the Blinking Light was a nice place and the food was very good. But the true face of any restaurant is its staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gathering place for friendsKHighlandsRanchDined on 9/13/2013This is good restaurant for family gathering, date night or special occasion. The atmosphere of this place is energetic. The service is fast. But, it is definitely not a good place for kids due to the surrounding of dining area is pretty noisy during the dining hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our family of five (kids 12,KIMBADined on 9/13/2013Our family of five (kids 12, 8 and 2) went to eat for the first time at Old Blinking Light. The kids food was so-so but I had the fish tacos and they were fantastic. My oldest son had the fish and chips which was very good too and my husband had the mexican pizza, also good. We all shared the mac-n-cheese - delicious, highly recommend. It's family friendly. We would definitely go back and try again.Special Features:
- Romantic-great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2013Also has a outdoor fire pit where you can sit and sip on a glass of wine :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can't hear you!CharlieDined on 9/7/2013Food and service great, but the noise level is awfully high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but a little priceyDinner42Dined on 9/6/2013Best burger I've had at this type of restaurant. Regular menu prices are a bit high but great happy hour prices and selections. Good atmosphere and kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OBL never disappointsmsfunnybonesVIPDined on 8/23/2013As always, OBL was delicious. We had the stacked enchiladas, fried avocado, truffle fries, lemon chicken, and the lamb sirloin. All were delicious and enjoyed. We all tasted each other's, so we got a sample of everything we ordered. Our server was spot on fantastic in every way. I wish I remembered his name. Anyway, OBL is a reliable choice to eat either lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!TheakstonDined on 8/21/2013Celebrated my birthday at the Old Blinking Light - a wonderful evening on all accounts. Outside table, nice weather, excellent and caring service, amazing food, strong presentation - we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Good OneluvfoodDined on 8/16/2013This was our first time to this restaurant and we were so disappointed. We ordered chips and salsa and guacamole and the chips were stale and hard as a rock, the guacamole had no flavor what so ever. We ordered kids meals and the hamburgers were so bad, that my 7 and 12 year olds would not eat it. They love hamburgers. The adult dinners were okay. Just not a good experience. Then we order dessert and I requested White Chocolate Bundt Cake and she brings out blueberry. At that point, I did not say anything anymore.
- We always enjoy our dinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2013We always enjoy our dinners here. Great crowd, love the patio! Service was slower than usual but they were really busy.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/20/2013Once again, OBL did not disappoint! The food was outstanding and the service was friendly but not obtrusive. I would highly recommend OBL!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rather AverageVVWDAWVIPDined on 7/13/2013We were seated in a small back room which was quieter than the rest of the restaurant which was nice. However, the room lacked any ambience or atmosphere. We started off with Diablo Eggs which sounded interesting but actually weren't very different from basic deviled eggs. The Baja Style Fish Tacos were good and filling, but there wasn't anything exceptional about them. The "King Ranch Casserole" Green Chili & Cheese Enchiladas With Chicken were rather disappointing. They were somewhat of a pile of mush, and the Chicken was served on the side, NOT IN the enchiladas, which was really disappointing. Although I know this restaurant gets a lot of good reviews, we won't be back since there are so many better places to eat.
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Friendly!DavinaDined on 6/29/2013We loved this the Old Blinking Light! We specifically picked it because of food allergies, but found that it had something for everyone. The service was fabulous and food was wonderful. The ambiance was perfect and we look forward to coming again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceBigMikeDined on 6/26/2013Met here with collegues from out of town for a pre-meeting dinner, and were surprisingly pleased with fantastic service (thanks Danielle!) and wonderful food. The bar drinks are outstanding, too. Sitting outside under the covered sidewalk lets you take in the Denver summer air and still not swelter. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is great at the OldDaveDined on 6/10/2013The food is great at the Old Blinkiing Light. The service is a bit slow and a little "laid back". However, it's quite popular with the locals, and it's difficult to get a table on weekends.Special Features:
- Great dinner all-aroundRoverDined on 6/3/2013Everything was wonderful on a recent Monday dinner visit for our party of 4. Although this restaurant can be quite bustling, the lighter crowd on this night made it even more enjoyable. The food quality and presentation was top notch. Try the fried avocados for something unique and tasty. Our server was especially delightful and provided attentive and timely service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our entrees (the steak)OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/31/2013One of our entrees (the steak) was delicious and perfectly cooked. My burger was well done and totally dry, despite the waitress confirming I had requested medium rare. Although she was apologetic, there was no adjustment to the bill and no replacement burger forthcoming. The restaurant was too loud to enjoy dinner conversation. The servic was otherwise very good. We won't be going back, though.Special Features: