B Star Bar
127 Clement St
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
B Star Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bstarbar.com/
- Phone: 4159339900
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday -Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 AM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burmese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Joycelyn Lee
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have provided food for parties of 15-100 guests. Please contact Mike at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from B Star Bar
Our Menu was created with the goal of making delicious, healthy, simple, and wholesome Asian-inspired foods. Our dishes are inspired by flavors of Thailand, China, Burma, India, Japan, and of course our home here in California. We hope that you enjoy and thank you for coming.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
B Star Bar - Best Restaurants in Richmond District ›
B Star Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (21)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (11)good for groups (7)hot spot (5)special occasion (5)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2013We had dinner here without knowing much about it. Everything was fantastic-- food, service... Will go backspin and highly recommend it to anyone who like Burmese/Thai Asian fusion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B Star- B surprisedSkydine40Dined on 12/21/2013Overall, a really great experience. Food was excellent and the staff really attentive. I really enjoyed the relaxing environment. A neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing menu itemsKalaDined on 12/16/2013Every item both appetizers and entrees were delicious. Service was stellar. Food arrived quickly and was great. Meat eaters and vegetarians left fully satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As I say every time, I goAddieVIPDined on 12/13/2013As I say every time, I go here all the time. And it's consistently good, great staff, always accommodating.Special Features:
- One of my favorite spots.AddieVIPDined on 12/1/2013One of my favorite spots. I go here all the time, so that should (and does) say something.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceNancyDined on 11/30/2013Food was inventive and delicious; wait staff were attentive and friendly. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Brunch SpotSatisfiedDined on 11/29/2013BStar remains our favorite brunch spot. Nowhere else offers such a selection of Asian, Western, and fusion menu items at affordable prices. Service also seems to have caught up with that of sister restaurant Burma Superstar. Wait staff were prompt, attentive, and accommodating to our table of 6, including one active toddler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a regular, so I'm prejudiced.AddieVIPDined on 11/24/2013I'm a regular, so I'm prejudiced. EVERYTHING about B-Star is great. I miss a few of the old faces, but like the new ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2013Some friends took us on our trip to San Fran. The food was good and service was also good. We went on a Sunday and there was a nice farmers market going on. This will probably make parking difficult.Special Features:
- won't go again.HiceDined on 11/2/2013I had a 845pm reservation. Was there at 840pm. They told me my reservation is at 715om. They gave my table to other customer!! Made us wait!! And overall service is not too good! Don't know why maybe because we are Asian, the server was smile to most of the customer but us. Before I left i asked some other ppl who works there, found out the lady served our table was the owner... totally dislike!!
- One of my regular restaurantscyssfVIPDined on 11/2/2013There are a few restaurants that I go to regularly and BStar is one of them. I never understood why people waited for hours at Burma Star when this sister restaurant takes reservations and is easier to get in to. I brought a friend who had never eaten here before and she loved the roasted butternut squash soup, pumpkin pork stew, pratha, and above all the Brussels sprouts! I really love this restaurant.Special Features:
- As always (I go here all theAddieVIPDined on 10/27/2013As always (I go here all the time), it's wonderful. What more can I say!Special Features:
- Tasty!YummerzDined on 10/23/2013Get the garlic chicken noodles and Pork and White beans over Jasmine rice. Super good and not over sauced food. Right balance of natural seasoning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alternative to Burma Super StarZhenyaDined on 10/17/2013Good alternative to Burma Super Star. Less wait, accept reservations, a little cozier.Special Features:
- Friendly Dining Spotnr3249Dined on 10/6/2013I went to B Star Bar alone, trying out new restaurants and finding how single diners are treated. When I entered, I had a reservation, yet was asked if I minded sitting at the bar. I responded that it made no difference and it was fine. However, since I made a reservation, i expected to be seated at a table and dine leisurely. It seemed as if being solo, I was kind of rushed into being seated at the bar. The food was very tasty, especially the brussel sprouts. The entree was good, pumpkin pork stew, but not outstanding. Being a Burmese influenced cuisine, I expected a bit more exotic and it was just good comfort food. Overall a good experience, but not outstanding. Will probably return, but not solo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have eaten here many timesjohnDined on 9/18/2013I have eaten here many times and it is always a superb dining experience.Special Features:
- Sunday dinner with friendsMissvicVIPDined on 9/15/2013Just looking for a relaxed dinner with another couple. B Star is consistently good, with a variety of unique food choices, attentive service, and you don't feel like you are being rushed.Special Features:
- Consistently good, Every timeMegsDined on 9/13/2013This is definitely a favorite SF restaurant. With a smaller menu then their sister restaurant, Burma Superstar, B Star is a perfect option for those wanting the same flavors as Burma Superstar with the ability to reserve a table. The flavors are interesting and everything I've had here has been outstanding. Definitely a must-go restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's one of my favorites,AddieVIPDined on 9/8/2013It's one of my favorites, so I'm prejudiced. Love this place -- food, service, ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday brunchMissvicVIPDined on 9/7/2013Never know what new thing you will find on the menu, Whether you want pancakes or French toast, or want something different -seared tuna on ginger rice with a fried egg (yummy), there is something to for our tast buds to explore.Special Features:
- I had to ask for our drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/17/2013I had to ask for our drinks after the apps showed up. Our entrees showed up before we were done with the apps and the waitress just stood there and waited for us to move the 2 app platters and our dishes, drinks, etc. We had to pile everything up for her to clear. (I do that at home, which is precisely why I opted to go out, ) We were brought a bill w/out explanation while we were still eating. It belonged to the table next to ours since they had just finished eating AND since it also had their credit card on the clipboard. We were there for a 6pm reservation on Saturday. The place was busy but not more than normal. The food was great and I'd like to come back, but I was a bit disappointed about the service level.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for the adventurousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2013The atmosphere is unpretentious (which we liked) and the menu offered many tempting choices. The servers made us feel at home. We were both VERY pleased with what we ordered for lunch. My "Po' Boy" sandwich was a banh mi gone to heaven! Although we live across the Bay and are not in the Clement neighborhood very often, we will definitely go back and explore other possibilities, perhaps with friends so that we can share our dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!SatisfiedDined on 8/10/2013First ate at B*Star for brunch on Mother's Day and have been back three times since. What a find! The menu offers the best of Burma Superstar with fusion brunch options, all reasonably priced. Best of all, you can make a reservation and not have to wait for a table! Service is friendly and attentive, though at peak times they seem a bit under-staffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always (cuz I go here allAddieVIPDined on 7/28/2013As always (cuz I go here all the time), I love this place; everything about it (food, service..., even the ambience, which can get "energetic." Just shows what a great place this is). Definitely a repeat!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great meal!susiekVIPDined on 7/24/2013I've only been here a couple of times, but it's consistently great food and friendly service. We tried the grilled calamari to start and it was a surprise hit - spicy, flavorful and really well done. We also had the platha dipper (always great!), the lamb curry, and the biryani. Everything tasted great.Special Features:
- It's a destination for usOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2013We live more than an hour outside SF, but made the trek in response to a request from our daughter who is leaving the state for college. The *one* thing she wanted to do before moving away was a last visit to B Star! The food is always interesting, of top quality and the service is terrific. This has consistently been the case for each of our 4 or 5 experiences there.Special Features:
- B Sprouts Rock!MixalusaVIPDined on 7/18/2013I love the food here...especially the B-Sprouts! I can go in and just eat these, but there are so many good things on the menu. I will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I come here all the time.AddieVIPDined on 7/13/2013I come here all the time. That says something!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- I love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2013B Star Bar is a favorite of mine. I love everything about it: the food, the drinks, the service, the ambience. I love that it is somehow less popular than its (in every way) inferior sister restaurant down the street. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu, but the tea leaf salad is truly amazing, and a must order.Special Features:
- nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2013Have dined here many times and the food is consistently good as is the service. Less crowded than their sister restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, inventive andFooodieVIPDined on 7/6/2013Great food, inventive and delicious. We've been multiple times and does not disappoint.Special Features:
- B Star Has an off nightKatyDined on 7/3/2013We have been to B Star many times and have always loved it. But our last evening there was a disappointment. We had an 8pm reservation and weren't taken to a table until 8:20. Which would have been fine if we hadnt been treated like we were annoying them for being there. They never told us we would have to wait when we checked in so after 20 minutes of watching others get seated we inquired about our status. They never apologized and had a bit of an attitude when they took us to our table facing the wall, that was clearly for 2 people, not 3, but we squeezed in. Then they were out of their famous lotus chips that we had been talking about for the past 20 minutes. The service was ok after that and the food was as good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is excellent andmarkVIPDined on 6/26/2013The food is excellent and more diverse than Burma Superstar. And they have BStar's more famous/popular dishese such as rainbow salad. Place was crowded so service was a little slower than normal. The only issue we had at dinner was that they seem not to turn on the AC and the ventilation is not good. So the place was sweltering even though it was about 65 degrees outside !!!
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/16/2013B Star Bar is my new favorite restaurant. First time, I had dinner for a friend's birthday. She had her 1 year old son and we had a fabulous dinner there. Second time, I had breakfast and the food was amazing. Planning to keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the avocado shake andOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/7/2013We had the avocado shake and a few things from the happy hour which I believe lasts from 4-7p during the week. We had the pork tacos and platha dipper which were great. The duck lettuce cups were way too spicy. Another good meal although the lettuce cups were spicy and not enjoyable.Special Features:
- I'm a regular. Love this place,AddieVIPDined on 6/2/2013I'm a regular. Love this place, everything about it: food, service, vibe. Even though "energetic," it doesn't bother me -- because I love the people here. Great group! Thanks for being there!Special Features:
- I'm a regular here, so I'mAddieVIPDined on 5/4/2013I'm a regular here, so I'm kind of prejudiced. I love it and the management, wait staff, etc. Great place, even if the noise level is "very energetic."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think this is better thanmarkVIPDined on 4/28/2013I think this is better than their sister restaurant, Burma Superstar. BStar has some of the favorites of Burma, such as Rainbow Salad. But BStar has wider menu selection with a mix of Pan-Asian dishes.Special Features:
- Nice suggestions from thekathyVIPDined on 4/11/2013Nice suggestions from the wait staff. Friendly and accomodating.Special Features:
- Always great at B StarOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/5/2013B Star Bar has always been a pleasure. I ask the waiters for suggestions and my only disappointment has been the dipping bread. I found it not very tasty and kind of gummy. Otherwise, everything I've ever had has been superb.Special Features: