Shiro of Japan - Carle Place
401 Old Country Rd.
Carle Place, NY 11514Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Shiro of Japan - Carle Place
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.shiroofjapan.com/
- Phone: 5169974770x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Hung Nguyen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For catering information go to ShiroOfJapan.com/Catering.
- Entertainment: Every table is treated to an amazing fire show!
A word from Shiro of Japan - Carle Place
Shiro of Japan of Carle Place and Glendale (The Shops at Atlas Park) New York, have the reputation for providing an exceptional and authentic Japanese dining experience at affordable prices for more than thirty years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Shiro of Japan - Carle Place - Best Restaurants in Carle Place ›
Shiro of Japan - Carle Place reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (38)kid-friendly (29)special occasion (27)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)romantic (7)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- We all noticed that the foodYum1Dined on 12/11/2013We all noticed that the food was not as good as it had been in the past.Special Features:
- A Great Old StandbyMartha333VIPDined on 11/19/2013Shiro is a great restaurant for celebrating an occasion, or just having a fun experience. Had not been in several years, it was nice to find not much has changed. Food and service are always very good, and of course the Chef is always entertaining.Special Features:
- Good TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2013It was a good experience! The good was great. The service was excellent. I will have to eat here again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food at Shiro of JapanMikeDined on 11/16/2013I have dined at Shiro of Japan many times over the years. The food is always good and is always prepared with a show. You can go there for normal dinner, anniversaries or special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!DaniDined on 11/3/2013We had a great time at Shiro! We went during resturant week and had a great time. Great food and service. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentYankees15Dined on 10/5/2013It is consistently good food. Noisy crowded but expectedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shino needs to improve a bitBordainDined on 8/31/2013The food was ok,nothing to brag about. The hibachi chef was not asian for one,and the performance was lack luster. The place is really beautiful,but the service and food need improvements.Special Features:
- Good food, good time!!Foody723Dined on 7/23/2013The food was great and so was the atmosphere, I would definitely come againSpecial Features:
- Great food!MariessaDined on 7/20/2013Great hibachi & cheaper then Benihana's! Love coming here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it use to be!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2013The last few time we've gone to Shiro's it's quality and service has declined! I think we're done! The Hibachi chefs aren't what they used to be. No skill and not very entertaining. We had 3 kids at our table. 6,7 & 13. They were unimpressed to say the least.Special Features:
- OutstandingMe333x3Dined on 7/9/2013Everything was outstanding. I have been coming to Shiro's for awhile now and no place compares! Food and drinks are great and the service is wonderful!! No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShirosOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2013Goin to Shiros for over 26 years , Food was good but the services was below its usall standards , staff was moving customers in and out like a fast food joint .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't have enjoyed it more.kateDined on 6/26/2013Couldn't have enjoyed it more. I have been a fan of this restaurant for years.Special Features:
- Good experience overallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2013The hibachi was good but nothing spectacular. The sushi was out of this world. The only downside was the price. A little too overpriced for the quality and quantity of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh, never going backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2013Mediocre food, no enthusiam from the cook, order was taken incorrectly twice.
- Birthday dinnerGenieDined on 6/2/2013My family and I went to this restaurant for my little sisters 9th birthday. We were in a group of 10 people and as usual we were running about 20 minutes late (our reservation was for 630) so I called them and told them I would be late which they quickly accommodated to. Anyway, when we finally got there we had to wait about 5 minutes to be seated and the hostess we had was so rude! We asked her questions and she gave us the biggest attitude and sometimes would ignore the question all together. Other than that the food here is excellent. We definitely are to our hearts content. I would come back but just beware of the cranky hostess! :pSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2013We always enjoy coming to Shiro. The food is delicious and we never leave disappointed or with empty stomachs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Varied menuTomFromLIDined on 5/5/2013Our party of fourthoroughly enjoyed our meals as well as the ambience! Two don't eat fish and one can't eat shrimp, yet all had great meals and are looking to come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of JapanCarynJDined on 4/28/2013Excellent atmosphere, Great Food, Greater Drinks. Love the Mai Tais ;-) I have been going there since I was a child. It hasn't changed much (30+ yrs later)except now I can enjoy a good drink. The servers are helpful and accomodating. The chefs always have a smile and some jokes. I would DEFINITELY recommend. Enjoy!!Special Features:
- It was a great place to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/28/2013It was a great place to celebrate my son's birthday. The food was great and the service was excellent!Special Features:
- We took my daughter here forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013We took my daughter here for her 10th Birthday and she loved it. The food was great and singing happy birthday to her at the end just made it that much perfect. Thanks for a great experience, we will be back again!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013You just can't go wrong when dining at Shiro's. I've been going to Shiro's for more than 25 years now and always have a great experience. The food comes close to noone else. The drinks are incredible and the service is always top notch.Special Features:
- Chase's DadNeilVIPDined on 3/17/2013Always a fun place to go for family dinner; nice show, good food and usually quickly seatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2013Restaurant was very good. Kept the children entertained and did not matter if they were loud. Would go backSpecial Features:
- Too many kids. Bad lighting.AbbyVIPDined on 1/20/2013Too many kids. Bad lighting. Very noisy, but not in a fun way. More noise from the smoke extractors than crows. Steak was inedible; gristly. But on complaint, was taken off the bill.Special Features:
- Happy Birthday to Me!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2013We went to Shiros for my birthday. The food was excellent as always and the chef went out of his way to entertain my two kids. As a castle club member I received a bottle of wine to take home and they also gave me some pastries as a birthday gift.Special Features:
- Brought my family their forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013Brought my family their for my son birthday. I made reservations so the wait wasn't too long. Kids had a great time!!Special Features:
- As usual...was perfect! FoodmarykDined on 1/11/2013As usual...was perfect! Food was delicious & the staff very accomodating. Has become one of our favorites!Special Features:
- Shiro of Japan has been myOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2012Shiro of Japan has been my favorite Hibachi restaurant for the past 15 years. I used to have every birthday dinner here. The food is of the highest quality, however that is what you are paying for. The place tends to be a bit pricey, but you are definitly receiving the quality back in return.
- After Thanksgiving just neededCraigVIPDined on 11/24/2012After Thanksgiving just needed something different. It's been a while since my last visit & the 5 of us had a great time. The rack of lamb hibachi proved a hit & the lobster was done just right as I asked the chef to go easy on the butter. The filet mignon was tender & tasty.Special Features:
- shiroNatashaDined on 11/8/2012chefs are great. table servers can be a little more friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded place, lots of noise,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Crowded place, lots of noise, high customer activity - people coming and going, food was quite good and of course entertaining, kobe filet mignon was sold out. service was unfortunately very poor, we always had the feeling that we should eat, drink and go, asap. communication was difficult because of poor english and the noise.Special Features:
- Good TeppanyakiStephanieBVIPDined on 10/12/2012Went for lunch with a group, which is fun for a teppanyaki restaurant. "Show" was typical and food was tasty. It was good, but nothing special.Special Features:
- Great Staff. Hibachi is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Great Staff. Hibachi is great and fun! Chefs are awesome!Special Features:
- Neil B.NeilVIPDined on 9/23/2012Our family's favorite Japanese Hibachi style restaurant in Nassau County!Special Features:
- When we arrived the host wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2012When we arrived the host was most friendly and accommodating. Our initial server, once we were seated, was too rushed, practically throwing the bowls of soup and salad at us. Our 'chef' was delightful and the food was outstanding. All in all it was an enjoyable and delicious experience. But, and this is not the fault of the restaurant, very, very loud, so much so we could barely speak with our companions.Special Features:
- Shiros is always a treat.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012Shiros is always a treat. Some visits better than others though, depending on the cook you get.Special Features:
- We each had the kobe filetSUEnRICHVIPDined on 9/13/2012We each had the kobe filet mignon. It was good but not quite as good as it used to be. Everything else was very good including the service.
- Yummy Chicken TeriyakiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2012Shiro's is my favorite restaurant by far. Chicken Teriyaki is amazing. You get so much food for the price. You get Onion soup, House Salad w/ Ginger Dressing, 3 Shrimp Appetizers, your meal (in this case Chicken Teriyaki) with grilled vegetables, and either bean sprouts or noodle (I recommend the noodles) and green tea (which they never seem to offer us) for $18.95.Special Features:
- The service was adequate,KennVIPDined on 8/26/2012The service was adequate, the whole point is to watch the cook prepare the food, our chef was not as entertaining or engaging as others I have seen.