David Todd's City Tavern
150 South Street
Morristown, NJ 07960Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
David Todd's City Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.davidtoddscitytavern.com/
- Phone: 9739938066x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday, 11:30a - 2:00p
Saturday, 12:00p - 3:00p
Dinner: Monday-Thursday, 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
"Happy Hour" Monday-Friday 5:00p-7:00p
Special Drink Prices and $5.00 appetizers
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Prusin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have a private room for 12p to 25p We can design a specific menu for your needs. Call for availability.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining with its flowing curtain wall and large decorative mirrors is perfect for 12 to 25 guests. It's the perfect size for a business dinner meeting, training session or family get together. We have pre-fix menus available or we can design a menu just for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Todd Redmond 9739938066x
- Special Events:
A word from David Todd's City Tavern
David Todd's City Tavern is an upscale casual restaurant in a comfortable atmosphere in Morristown, New Jersey featuring contemporary American cuisine with an award winning wine list, (Wine Spectator - Award of Excellence 2012) as well as boutique beers and martinis!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
David Todd's City Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (35)vibrant bar scene (28)special occasion (26)notable wine list (15)hot spot (15)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (10)romantic (9)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nasty BartenderDinesWithFriendsDined on 12/20/2013This was my third visit to David Todd's. The dining room waitstaff was terrific and the food while pricey was generally good. The downfall of the restaurant is the nasty bartender who was there on every occasion I visited and doing his best to be surly and unhospitable. For that reason I won't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceLoveSushiDined on 12/19/2013The waitstaff was extremely attentive and knowledgable about the menu.Special Features:
- Good date night spotBrianDined on 12/7/2013My wife and I were looking for a place to eat when we decided on a last minute date night. The food, though a little on the pricey side. The tables are pretty close together like New York City. Overall, nice spot. Worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - ExpensiveHenrybillDined on 12/7/2013Food was very good - Service was great. But - some portions were skimpy for what you are paying, especially the Creme Brulee for dessert - crazy small but really good. Tomahawk Short Rib - good buy a little skimpy. Pork Mignon - Excellent - decent portion. Ambience in dining room was bland - some Christmas lights helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What, was I invisible?BaroloVIPDined on 12/4/2013First time at this restaurant, went alone on a business trip. Hostess sat me promptly but wasnt particularly friendly - I dont think she said one word. And went downhill from there. No server even looked at me - wasnt overly busy, staff seemed adequate. About 10 minutes, a couple got seated one table over and somehow they had drinks and were ordering while I was still trying to get someone to even acknowledge I was there. Finally just got up and left, had to walk right past the hostess station and she also didnt even notice. Went down the street to another place and was treated well, so I guess I didnt have the cloak of invisibility on after all. By the way I didnt have any food but opentable forced me to give a score.
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2013A perfect and memorable meal before attending a concert at MPAC a few blocks away .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good option before concertartbettyVIPDined on 11/22/2013Food was very good. Different choices which had interesting ingredients like Forbidden Black Rice. Appreciated restaurant takes reservations particularly before concerts at MAYO. Server was very attentive in a friendly and efficient way.Special Features:
- Only OKLocalsDined on 11/16/2013The hostess was clearly annoyed when we asked to sit at a table that was not in front of the front door, where there was a draft from the cold night air. The entire restaurant was open because it was early but she grimaced and pushed back until we insisted. The waiter was pleasant but slightly misrepresented the menu. When we asked to split an appetizer, he said that it was a good one to split but it was so small, it was not able to be split. The food and wine was seriously overpriced. The value for the price was not there. We would not go back.
- I had never been yo this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/12/2013I had never been yo this restaurant before do I took a chance and met friends there. The quality of the food was poor, very disappointed.
- Daid Todd'sGoldieDined on 11/9/2013Great experience, I enjoyed the mussels appetizer and the cod. Good wine list and selections, though $65 for a bottle of domestic pinot noir with a screw-off cap was a bit pricey. I hope to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first thought was thatbabssavDined on 11/7/2013My first thought was that the place was a little "stuffy" but as more and more people began to fill the restaurant those thoughts left my mind. The food was very good. I had the Tricolor beet salad to begin and my husband had the Caesar salad. For our mains I had the short ribs, which I never order out but felt compelled to here, I don't know why and they were amazing with the sweet mashed potatoes. He ordered the pork chop with brussels sprouts. Must have been equally amazing because there wasn't a morsel left on his plate! We had tickets to a show near by and we didn't know this but they offered us a discount on our bill. The service was excellent and we never felt rushed and we made the show with plenty of time to spare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience bistro stylealanDined on 11/4/2013elegant setting, yet informally comfortable - sat at long open bar area - great drink and food selections - great for conversations!Special Features:
- The place to be!Maggie55Dined on 11/2/2013We brought friends from out of town and we all thoroughly enjoyed our food. The menu is eclectic and unique. Great place for food and fun atmosphere,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Outstanding FoodDateNightFoodieVIPDined on 11/2/2013My wife & I have eaten here several times and have always enjoyed the food. One of us routinely orders the duck, which is fantastic. The chicken and the steaks are a can't miss as well. There are several fish offerings that are decent, but sometimes the sides that accompany them aren't my cup of tea. The dessert list is lacking, but there is an ice cream shop next door. Unfortunately, the service is hit or miss. We have had decent servers in the past, however on our most recent visit, our waiter was slow and unattentive. I think it is unusual to have a waiter not ask if we wanted a refill on drinks until our glasses were completely empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!!RandyVIPDined on 10/26/2013We went for my my wife's birthday. The service was outstanding. Our waiter was very attentive but didn't hover. The food came out in generally good time and was very good. The NY Strip was outstanding but the entree of the evening was the cod with forbidden rice! It was excellent. We will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2013I have eaten here on several occasions as well as frequenting the bar. The place is very nice, bar is vibrant and the food and service are outstandingSpecial Features:
- Another incredibly happy patronJeffMachDined on 10/21/2013It's so rare to go to a restaurant for a special occasion, order three appetizers, three specialty cocktails, two entrees, and two desserts, and find that each and every item was absolutely mind-blowing. I find that spectacular appetizers sometimes lead to disappointing entrees, or excellent entrees are followed by desserts which mar the rest of the meal. I'm not a perfectionist, but if I ate here more often, I'd become one. The service could not have been friendlier - or, at least, if they'd been any friendlier, I would have found myself with a desire to name them in my will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall dining experience.golfkingVIPDined on 10/21/2013This restaurant never disappoints. Food is excellent and service is very good. Could have better wines by the glass but not awful. Overall, very comfortable place and a good dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, an outstandingKidZimDined on 10/19/2013Once again, an outstanding dinner with some of the best service one can receive in MorristownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerNanFluteDined on 10/15/2013My husband and I recently celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary there. We shared a delicious Caesar Salad. The romaine lettuce was crisp yet flavorful, with just enough sprinkled Parmesan cheese and topped with a whole anchovy. We each had the Filet Mignon which was accompanied by very decadent potato purée and roasted baby carrots. The meat was cooked to perfection: mine rare and my husband's medium rare. It was served with a generous portion of creamy bearnaise sauce served on the side. To drink. I ordered a red wine flight consisting if 2 cabs and 1 blend of cab, can franc, and Merlot. The 3 pours which were supposed to be 2 oz. more than generous and well worth the 16.00 price tag,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! Everything about theMartmDined on 10/7/2013Wow! Everything about the food from the awesome presentation to the selection, to the wine, was terrific! Server very attentive and engaging (although it was Monday night, not busy). Dining room quiet, bar tables a bit more lively. Dessert selection was a little light - creative list, but limited, We opted to go to ice cream next store instead. Great spot for special occasion dinner - will impress!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal..JJGuyDined on 10/5/2013A real gem in Morristown. The establishment needs to be careful taking an 8:15 reservation and not having tables ready. They were FAR overbooked and didn't even offer us a free drink for making us wait for availability. We ended up taking a table in the bar not a huge deal but I could see other patrons were upset. The delicious food and great service made up for the issues.Special Features:
- AwesomeTheflash01Dined on 10/5/2013David Todd's city tavern is a great place for a special occasion. Great bar great food great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just rightJLB928Dined on 9/28/2013My husband and I went to a concert in the area and wanted to eat within walking distance to the venu. The food was delicious. Our server was great. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- First TimerLuv2dineDined on 9/27/2013We had never been to this restaurant before but it was walking distance to the theater so we thought we would give it a try.To our surprise we were given a 10 percent discount for attending the show. My husband and I both ordered the salmon which was a good size portion for my husband and delicious. The arugula and spinach salads were tasty. The wine list is extensive but don't worry the menu offers smaller size "samplers"if you can't make up your mind. The place has a dining room that will accommodate groups as well as intimate tables for 2. We had a great waiter which was vigilant of the fact we needed to get to the show on time. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Great food and drinkGeomanVIPDined on 9/27/2013Great bar scene, very professional service, great food selection . The short rib perogies were outstanding ! Very enjoyable experience , would definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lived up to reviewsLuvGdFdDined on 9/27/2013I chose this restaurant based on the reviews in open table and the proxcimity to the theater. No disapointments here. Great food and service in a timely manner. Very nice job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite SpotthelumpersDined on 9/21/2013The atmosphere, food and service at David Todds was fantastic! We definitely plan on going back! Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!GARKVIPDined on 9/21/2013First, as a reservation for a table of two we were pleased to find a corner table promptly ready upon arrival. The waiter was affable and knowledgeable about the menu and he nicely paced the courses. We loved the mussels and the ceasar salad, and appreciated that the anchovy was placed on the side. My scallops were seared to perfection and we found the portions to be larger than expected. The price point was fair for the quality and size of the portions. If I had to find one weakness it was the bread. Granted it was a humid night but the rolls almost seemed soggy and they were served with flavorless unsalted butter. This is a very minor nuisance since we typically pass on the bread.., We will return again, hopefully many times and soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner SpotBrilesDined on 9/18/2013David Todd's City Tavern is a nice friendly restaurant. The food was good and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Menu!pcarlnjDined on 9/18/2013I have been to David Todd's several times and it's always consistent. The menu is inventive and I always have a hard time choosing. Many times I do a tapas off the appetizer menu - which is a great way to try different things. The staff is friendly and knowledgable. I highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/14/2013This is the third time dining at David Todd's and we continue to love this restaurant. The drinks are creative, the food is outstanding and while they're always busy, the service is excellent.Special Features:
- Restaurant is beautifullyJcs519VIPDined on 9/14/2013Restaurant is beautifully decorated, very chic. Older crowd, not too surprising as its a bit pricey. Food was good, not amazing but certainly worth a shot. I had steak, too much pepper and it was a little tough. Garlic spinach was great! Dessert was ok, I had the salted caramel mousse, which is misleading since its more of a cake sitting in a bowl of chocolate soup, which was good but should have been a sauce instead of a whole bowl of soup. Our waiter was a bit odd, as I ordered a non-alcoholic beer and he rolled his eyes at me asking if I was the driver for the night. I said no (I'm pregnant) and smiled. Overall good experience, very loud however, must be all the hard surfaces. Parking can be tough especially on weekends, there is no lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morristown SurpriseNJfoodieVIPDined on 9/14/2013We went there for my birthday with my son and granddaughter as I had wanted to try it again. We had been to this place when it first opened and found it to be o.k. This time I thought the food was very good - we all had steak so the bill was pricey - service excellent. Great energy here and lovely bar area as well as dining room. However, my only complaint is the noise level. Since there is nothing to absorb the sound the place is fun but noisy. I think reservations are a must here as many of the well dressed locals have discovered it. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Good experienceEdw123VIPDined on 8/29/2013Nice food, good service, not too expensive. Noisy active bar scene. Lots of outdoor seating and activity. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specialty Cocktail MenuFood4FunDined on 8/23/2013D&T's offers a variety of specialty cocktails. One of my favorites is the " iced tea lemonade" - nice summer flair!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Florida Grouperkeaton7VIPDined on 8/19/2013I order grouper a lot when in Florida because it is freshly caught. I was hesitant to order it here, but I was not disappointed. It, as well as the corn dish and vegetables were excellent!Special Features:
- Summer Lunchkeaton7VIPDined on 8/16/2013I had lunch here today with a friend. I had the Salad Nicoise which was made to perfection. My friend had the Smoked Burger, which she also said was delicious. We have not seen one another for a long time, so we spent a long time at lunch, but we were not rushed at all. Service was excellent. One can eat outdoors in the summer.Special Features:
- Great foodDonJDined on 8/10/2013All 4 entees were excellent! Opa special, Redfish, Duck and Scallops, as was the foie gras appetizer.Special Features:
- Pleasant surprise!CityZDined on 8/9/2013A small group was in the area for a special occasion and wanted a bite to eat beforehand. We came across this restaurant because of OpenTable and not knowing what to expect, this place blew us away. The food was delicious, the staff was extremely friendly and fun, and the chef was very social. We were a little too energetic but that wasn't a problem for anyone there and we had a great time on top of a fantastic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.