57 JFK Street
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maharajaboston.com/
- Phone: 6175472757x
- Hours of Operation:
Open all day from 11:30AM to 10:00PM.
Lunch Buffet (and a la carte lunch) from 11:30AM till 2:30PM.
Dinner - 2:30PM-10:00PM.
Open all day from 12:00PM to 11:00PM.
Lunch Buffet (and a la carte lunch) from 12:00PM till 3:00PM.
Dinner - 3:00PM-11:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Maharaja
Located in a heart of Harvard Square, The Maharaja is the Top Indian restaurant in Boston/Cambridge. The Maharaja serves an authentic Indian cuisine in a stunning setting, with floor to ceiling windows overlooking bustling Harvard Square.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Maharaja reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (2)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- The Best Indian Buffet in CambridgeHoggerVIPDined on 8/17/2013I've gone to just about every Indian buffet in Cambridge and most of the ones in Boston. I think that most of these places are average. But Maharaja is above all the ones I've tried. The location is great for people watching while you eat (because it's on the second floor at the corner of a busy street in the heart of Harvard Square and the façade is all glass. Also, the waitstaff is well-trained, even for the buffet. Fortunately, someone there realized that it was absurd to put the condiments at the beginning of the buffet line, and this is one of the few Indian restaurants that actually puts it at the end of the line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in Harvard SquareOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2013Courteous, impeccable service. Food well prepared, served hot, spiced as requested (mild for me, medium for my husband). Scenic view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very solicitous and engagedTheSeriousFoodieDined on 7/11/2013Very solicitous and engaged chef/owner. We had made some requests ahead of arriving there. They were all met. Someone actually reads these. The food is amongst the best in Boston. Good Indian food is hard to find but this place takes its food seriously. I did not notice any attempts to cut corners. Everything tasted fresh and complex. If you think Chicken Tikka Masala is Indian food then you will not notice the quality of food here. If you know Indian food, this is the place for you. Cheers.Special Features:
- Excellent place for large groupghornikDined on 7/6/2013All 11 of us were seated at one long table and it was quiet enough in the restaurant for all to hear and converse. Our waiter was terrific! He took care of every need, made sure we had enough for the group, and generally made the evening a pleasure. I would wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant for anyone who likes good Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/15/2013The ingredients were fresh, but the food was rather greasy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2013We have eaten here several times and have always had wonderful experiences. The restaurant is beautiful, the service is impeccable, and the food is delicious and has great portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2013Celebrated my husband's dinner here. We love Indian food and this place did not disappoint. Food was excellent and our waiter was the best! Very pretty decor. We were also seated by the windows which was a plus. My fave was the tandoori chicken. We will be coming back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2013Tasty and variety. If you are a student, please show your ID, and you will get discount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Indian Restaurant in CambridgeNYVisitorDined on 5/12/2013Was up for daughter's graduation and was looking for moderately priced Indian restaurant with a good selection of vegetarian entrees in Harvard square and came across The Maharaja. Food was good, service was courteous, had a decent atmosphere. No complaints and would certainly come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a large group dinnerMlsfVIPDined on 5/10/2013We had a party of 25 in town for a reunion. Maharaja has a large upstairs room that was perfect -they put us at two tables in the back and were great about bringing over more tables and chairs as our party expanded to close to 30. The food was good, and portions were large.Special Features:
- Amazing place that has greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013Amazing place that has great food that everybody should visitSpecial Features:
- Great PlacePickyEaaterDined on 3/31/2013Location: Great, especially with a seat by the window Food: Had amazing food the first time and second was eh. I am picky since I am indian but overall one of the more decent Indian restaurants Decor: Maharaja means King and this delivers - absolutely royal Go for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lunch buffet never disappoints.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2013The lunch buffet never disappoints. Great variety and great service.
- Amazing Indian food. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/20/2013Amazing Indian food. Everything we ordered was delicious!Special Features:
- Excellent Indian food andDanGDined on 3/3/2013Excellent Indian food and a more than suitable replacement for its predecessor in this spot the Bombay Club. Very nice to re-visit and enjoy (even if the carved wood furnishings and decor are a bit over the top) Would definitely eat there again!Special Features:
- Met a friend from out of town,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Met a friend from out of town, and was surprised by the wonderful view, great food, and noise level that was low enough so we could talk and catch up. We weren't rushed through the dinner by the staff, and had a very enjoyable time. The food was very good, and the prices very reasonable.Special Features:
- Excelent weekend buffet, beautifullkentVIPDined on 2/16/2013Excelent weekend buffet, beautifully presented and lots of variety, great value and great placeSpecial Features:
- Went for the lunch buffet.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013Went for the lunch buffet. I would call it a cut above all the other Indian lunch buffets in Cambridge.Special Features:
- Saturday SatisfiedTheComputerMedicVIPDined on 2/16/2013We went with 8 people to the Saturday lunch buffet and found the food to be surprisingly good, especially for a buffet. The dishes were well maintained so they did not taste old or cold as they tend to on buffet tables. Also, the dishes were prepared with a reasonable about of flavor. This was a concern for us; indian dishes have wonderful spices but they tend to be played down by many buffets, even more so in the Northeast. Not here, the food tasted as it should have had it. For those of us that like their food with some fire in it, this is not what I am referring to. They do have a bowl of green chiles and a sauce you can ask for, but the buffet is mild.Special Features:
- Food - delicious and plentiful SerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2013Food - delicious and plentiful Service - waiter was very attentive and kind Atmosphere - nice royal feeling and great view of harvard sq Definitely recommend itSpecial Features:
- A big disappointment!!!tripletmomVIPDined on 1/25/2013The food, although ordered "medium spicy" was bland. The sauces were plentiful but the meats were sparse, tough and tasteless.
- We were in a rush and theygoodeaterDined on 1/25/2013We were in a rush and they could not have been nicer and quicker. We will be back to enjoy the great food, views, and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Reliably good Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/13/2013We have been to Maharaja a few times now and the food is always good. The service was good although our server did reach across us while serving some of the dishes. They offered extra rice, which was nice. They are good about toning down the spices if you ask. The restaurant is well-decorated, the lighting is low, but this affords a fun look onto the happenings in the Square.Special Features:
- Delicious Indian food. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/12/2013Delicious Indian food. Had a nice spot near the window overlooking a park. We all would go back again and recommend it.
- Excellent service and tasty foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2013We went rather early, so if your kids like spicey food this place is fine. They did offer to prepare our meals to our preferred spice level but we received rather bland food as far as spice ... but the over all taste was good.Special Features:
- Buffet lunch was fresh andOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/5/2013Buffet lunch was fresh and delicious. Tried everything but the goat ( next time). Great appetizer station as well. You don't often see dosa's on the menu. Want to go back with the family.Special Features:
- This was our first time hereGBearVIPDined on 1/4/2013This was our first time here under ownership of Maharaja (we had been there years ago under different ownership). We had a Groupon. We had a WONDERFUL meal. Our food was delicious, and our waiter was attentive and thorough but not bothersome at all. The servings were also large enough that we took leftovers home for another meal at least. We will come back, as the Indian food was excellent!Special Features:
- Excellent lunchtime buffet,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/30/2012Excellent lunchtime buffet, very good value, great views of Harvard Square.Special Features:
- Buffet Lunch is good for groupOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2012Buffet Lunch is good for group gatherings. Food quality and selection was average. They serve same dishes at better quality from a la carte dinner menu. Great corner location that overlooks JFK street. Would go again for dinner but there are better buffets in the area.Special Features:
- The ambiance was great andFMFisherDined on 12/24/2012The ambiance was great and the service quite satisfactory (except that one minor dish never arrived). But the food, while perfectly acceptable really wasn't very special,and we will probably go elsewhere the next time.Special Features:
- Nice setting with very goodmrpeabodyVIPDined on 12/15/2012Nice setting with very good food. Good view of Harvard Square area.Special Features:
- We ended up sitting at theDaveVIPDined on 11/30/2012We ended up sitting at the bar so we could watch the Celtics game on TV and had an excellent experience. We received great recommendations from the staff, fantastic and attentive service, and delicious food! Highly recommended!
- Great food, friendly staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/29/2012Great food, friendly staff. Very positive experience, thanks.Special Features:
- The food was better when thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/24/2012The food was better when this restaurant was called Bombay Club.Special Features:
- Our local favorite spot forTheWiseBardDined on 11/24/2012Our local favorite spot for Indian food. We are recognized and greeted warmly on each visit. Excellent lunchtime buffet and a good variety of tasty dishes for dinner., including some from South India. Look for daily specials. Rarely disappointed here
- We went to Maharaja on ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012We went to Maharaja on Thanksgiving night. The staff was courteous. We had a great view of Harvard Square from our table by the window. The place was pretty empty, but was likely due to the holiday-can't say how they are normally. The food was spicy, but not enough to overpower the flavor. Everything was delicious. Looking forward to going again.Special Features:
- We had a fantastic dinner.Sarah205VIPDined on 11/17/2012We had a fantastic dinner. My only "complaint" is that we asked for more spice on certain dishes and it came as mild. Otherwise, it was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great Indian good, great service,MischVIPDined on 11/3/2012Great Indian good, great service, and great location! Totally need to check this out!Special Features:
- Great, flavorful food - myOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/1/2012Great, flavorful food - my only recommendation would be to specify to the server not to make it too oily.Special Features:
- Excellent, food and wait staff...WoScottparkerVIPDined on 10/27/2012Excellent, food and wait staff...Would definitely recommend to anyone.Special Features: