207 S. Main St.
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sobys.com/
- Phone: 8642327007
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Sunday Brunch: 10:30 am - 1:30 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shaun Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Soby's offers full service off-site catering with custom tailored menus for events of any type or size, from developing themes and planning menus to securing rentals, set up and staffing.
- Private Party Facilities: With 6,100 square feet of space, Soby’s is the perfect place to host your event. Soby’s can seat parties up to 100 on the semi-private Mezzanine level with the option for limited menus or ala carte ordering. For completely private events, The Loft at Soby’s can accommodate groups from 20 – 100.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Tollison; Lauren Van De Water 8888415724
A word from Soby's
Soby’s New South Cuisine is an eclectic blend of Contemporary Continental cuisine infused with traditional Southern ingredients, transforming old favorite into something fresh and new. The restaurant is located in the heart of downtown Greenville, in a renovated cotton mill built in the 1800s. The atmosphere is warm and energetic and the staff is well-trained to provide a fantastic dining experience for all of our guests. In addition, the wine list offers more than 500 selections and is a Wine Spectator Magazine award-winner for the past eight years, a 'Best of Award of Excellence' the past two.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Soby's - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Soby's reviews from OpenTable diners
281 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (168)special occasion (155)great for outdoor dining (120)notable wine list (118)neighborhood gem (106)good for groups (101)romantic (85)hot spot (72)great for brunch (57)vibrant bar scene (44)late-night find (23)scenic view (20)kid-friendly (18)great for lunch (14)Show More
- DlouDined on 8/8/2014Awesome to Pimento cheese, Wine and snapper!!! Great meal!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLittleBeanCounterDined on 8/7/2014My first visit was outstanding. I had to plan an evening for my work's corporate visitors from Toronto and it was a knockout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub-par foodFoodie123VIPDined on 8/6/2014Took my parents, who were visiting me in the south for the first time, to Soby's because I've always had a good meal there. Both mine and my mother's meals were poor quality. My mother's crab cake was dull in flavor and made with cheap crab meat. My shrimp and grits was served with small shrimp and the grits were swimming in sauce that was too salty. Barely any grits. I won't be taking my visitors here anymore. Very disappointed. Fortunately, our server was friendly and cheerful.
- Great service and foodJohnPDined on 8/5/2014Just a great expereince........service was very very good, great recommendations and with all the large groups at resturant, we did not feel left out.Special Features:
- Southern UpscaleVirginiatravelerDined on 8/3/2014Soby's offers southern food with a flair. The grilled Salmon was paired with jalapeño corn fritters and homemade biscuits. You won't find that combo in very many places, but it was excellent. The wine-by-the-glass selection was quite extensive and varied from North America, to Down Under to South America to Europe. The waiter was knowledgeable and suggested a French Sauvignon Blanc from Sancerre France. Excellent choice. This isn't the cheapest place to dine, but the food was up to the test!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sunday BrunchJohnGooseDined on 8/3/2014They have a fantastic Sunday Brunch. Reservations are recommended. Grits are amazing and the build your own Bloody Mary is fantastic. This restaurant adds 2 hours of driving time to my trips to the coast and I never regret it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The service was great!!!! Hector was wonderful. The food was deliciously appetizing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.....periodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014They had a problem with seating. Gave us a free appetizer on the house. The waiter was great, engergetic, and was excited about the food he was serving. Everything was cooked to perfection. It's got a price tag, but normally quality does.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Outdkporter62Dined on 8/2/2014Thanks so much for the great meal. My wife and I came with a couple friend of ours and it was fantastic. We sat out on the patio and the weather was gorgeous. I recommend Sobys to everyone who wants a great meal at a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServicesenecakidsDined on 7/27/2014The food was amazing, and the service was spot on. I'm a waiter myself and our waiter was perfect and helped out for any and all questions we had. The restaurant itself is beautiful and the over all atmosphere was great. The food arrived timely and hot, which was awesome for how busy they were. Overall, very very pleased.Special Features:
- First visit to Gville and Soby's!LizzieDined on 7/26/2014Happy we made the weekend escape from Charlotte to Greenville. All reviews pointed to Soby's and we are glad that we selected this place to eat dinner. Saturday night and packed inside and out, we were seated on the upper level which was just ok and a bit noisy but the food was outstanding. I had the crab cakes and my husband had the shrimp and grits which were both prepared to perfection. We even had desert, the peach cobbler warmed with vanilla ice cream, YUMMY. The entire downtown area was bustling. What a great time we had. We will be back.Special Features:
- Soby's FanfoodietayDined on 7/26/2014Soby's is a must try in downtown Greenville. Great dining area inside and out. Our entire party raved about the fried green tomatoes. The shrimp and grits were the best I have ever eaten and I have tried them at many restaurants. The trout and pork tenderloin were also excellent. Amazingly attentive wait staff made several well received suggestions and answered all of our questions. Wonderful atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite spotFavplace2dineDined on 7/25/2014I am so glad I found this place. They are GREAT. The food is awesome. The staff are some of the best I have seen. The whole vibe of this place is great. Makes for a great night out. And as a bonus being able to walk downtown and that the rest of downtown in is a big added plus. I just love this place.Special Features:
- DisappointedBirthdayFiascoDined on 7/24/2014I have been to Soby's before and absolutely loved it, however this experience was a bit of a disappointment. You have recently changed the menu, and I don't think for the better... It was my birthday dinner and I was so excited for my family to try it, but my sister's medium rare steak was burnt, my dad's meal was so spicy he couldn't enjoy it, my meal was also spicy yet bland (not sure how that combo happened) and my mom was really disappointed in the duck, which used to be one of my favorites. Also the Creme Brule was removed from the desert menu, so I wasn't even able to enjoy the desert I wanted on my birthday. Overall it wasn't a very good experience, but maybe I had just set my expectations to high. I'm not sure I would try again.Special Features:
- 32aniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014Food, wine, and service was magnificent. Is one of our favorite dinning venues.Special Features:
- dtgrestaurant1Dined on 7/24/2014wonderful experience for farm to fork dining. would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent WinesBusinesstraveler2014VIPDined on 7/23/2014Being a fan of good wines, I was very surprised and delighted to see BR Cohn and Schug on the list. They steamed mussels were exceptional, our server Lisa extremely accommodating and attentive, and the grouper, steak and salmon were all fantastic choices. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014We had a large group of 13 and then added a single at the last minute. We had a great time and food was excellent. Liked it so much I went back the next night with my parents and aunt and ordered the Ribeye again!Special Features:
- marstelesDined on 7/20/2014This was our first visit and the entire staff made us feel at home. The menu was creative, the food fantastic, and the service was flawless. This is now one of my favorite places in Greenville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great price for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/20/2014Had a wonderful Sunday brunch - good selection of food, GREAT desserts. My problem, not theirs: Bloody Mary was a little stronger and spicier than expected, but the price was great.Special Features:
- Trapped in the cornerAnnoyedmotherof3Dined on 7/20/2014Everything was good!food, service, clean ect. We were sitting in the bar at the high top in front of last window to the left.All was ok until a larger party came sat at two little round tables beside each other between us and the side of the bar. A man moved a third round table to the end of those and asked was that ok with us...once the chair was at the end even the two small girls couldn't walk in between their chair and ours without bumping...mind you this is a buffet style so we had to get up...would you tell the OWNER no that's not ok she can't even get out if you put that table, chair, and child right there...I will say the children they had at least four were well behaved but to be in a place like that paying good money it was RUDE!Special Features:
- Great!GregDined on 7/18/2014I had a great meal and our server Joe took great care of us. My wife and I were very happy to celebrate our anniversary in such a wonderful resturant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but slowCalico77Dined on 7/15/2014Everytime I have been there, the food is awesome. The only problem we ever have is the time from requesting a refill of even just water to a glass of wine takes longer than I think it should at a "nice" restaurant. This past time, our biscuits had a long black hair in them which of course we sent back and presumably got a fresh batch....let's just hope they didn't just remove the hair and send the same basket back out. I love being able to eat outside as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great diningTennisGirlVIPDined on 7/12/2014Was happy to see the menu is improving so much - several great appetizers and several fish entrees made choosing difficult but fun! Had a great server too - Joe.Special Features:
- JayBoVIPDined on 7/12/2014One of our favorite spots in Greenville. Always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014It was a great spot to celebrate my husband's birthday. Thank you Soby's!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014The meal and service were both quite good. We dine @ Soby's several times per year and will likely continue doing so.Special Features:
- Another great dinnerSCGalDined on 7/10/2014Once again, Soby's came through for us. We were entertaining out of town guests, and wanted to show off Greenville. Food and service were outstanding as usual. Of note: pimento cheese appetizer, the shrimp and grits and the pecan smoked duck breast. Thanks, Soby's--we'll be back!Special Features:
- good2goDined on 7/9/2014We knew Soby's had a great reputation and my husband and I wanted to try somewhere different to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were not disappointed! Our dinner was excellent, from the fried green tomatoes and she crab soup appetizers. My husband said the duck was the best he has had and the yellow fin tuna special was outstanding. Our server "Soup" helped make it a great dining experience and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/8/2014I work at the Westin and I sent guest to your restaurant all the time! I moved here from NY and I finally got to try out your amazing place! I loved it!!! Food was amazing! The server was good not bad, could have been more friendly but overall was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!ShelDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I came to Soby's for our anniversary on July 5th. The service was excellent and the food was great. We had the calamari, crab cakes, pork tenderloin, and banana cream pie. Everything was delicious. We will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently very goodfhm1125Dined on 7/4/2014We always enjoy dining at Sobys. This time we had a group of six and dined outside on a perfect night on the 4th of July. We had only to walk out on the street to enjoy the fireworks. Great food, great service, great fun! Always festive.Special Features:
- A great place to eatBigCheeseDined on 7/4/2014We came here with our friends and had an excellent meal. Our server was personable, funny, and gave wonderful recommendations. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because we ordered the mussels and 6 of them were bad. I mentioned it to the server and he said he would take care of it. It was a busy night and he forgot. It was not a big deal, but slightly disappointing. I would definitely go back, it was a fun and tasty experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Juliax517Dined on 7/4/2014The food was excellent and the waiter was very knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!coolmamaDined on 7/4/2014Great 4th dining outside on a beautiful night enjoying the festivities on Main. The food was delicious and the service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRugbyplayerDined on 6/28/2014It was a very busy Saturday night, our reserved table was ready promply at 7:00pm with a good greeting and immediate seating. Menu choices, although not large, covered all tastes. Specials were explained well. Service was polit, attentive and professional. A good wine list, once again, covering all tastes and pocket. I would reccomend this Restaurany to anyone visiting downtown Greenville.Special Features:
- Amazing!!!!!!Jayfin82Dined on 6/28/2014The food was great, service was great and it had a great vibe. Would eat there all the time if I could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014This was our 2nd visit to Soby's. There was a slight wait even with the reservation, but the table was very nice, the food incredible, the server outstanding! Christa was our server and we agreed she's the best we have had at any restaurant we've visited in recent memory. She was informative, very knowledgeable, personable and friendly, and provided excellent service. The experience was something we'll remember very fondly for years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A downtown Greenville gemBlaire710Dined on 6/28/2014I can see why this restaurant is always full. The food is excellent, the staff is most accommodating, and there's always a great atmosphere. I've never had a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knowledgeable and honest serviceLacerichDined on 6/27/2014Food is always great. Our server led us well with what to order and answered our questions well. Always had what we needed and we felt taken care ofSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.