Talley's Kitchen and Bar
31 S Prospect
Clarendon Hills, IL 60514Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Talley's Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.talleyskitchenbar.com/
- Phone: 6309087295
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER sun-thurs 4pm-9pm fri 4pm-midnight HAPPY HOUR mon-fri 4pm - 6pm SUNDAY BRUNCH 10am - 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Krista Talley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Talley's Kitchen and Bar
Talley's Kitchen + Bar is the perfect place to bring a date, enjoy cocktails and wine with friends, or come with your entire family and taste bold flavors while creating memories. Our cuisine is a very approachable New-American cuisine. We pride ourselves on providing the freshest ingredients and creating food you will crave.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Talley's Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in Clarendon Hills ›
Talley's Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (17)kid-friendly (9)romantic (6)notable wine list (6)good for groups (5)special occasion (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- The restaurant went from extremelyCHresDined on 1/18/2014The restaurant went from extremely hot to chilly throughout the evening. Even though we had made a reservation almost 2 weeks in advance, our party was not given a table in the dining area, but rather stuck at a tight, hightop table in the bar. For a party of 8, it made group conversation impossible. I explained that this was unacceptable and nothing was done. On the plus side, our server was pleasant and tried to address our concerns regarding the uncomfortable temperature.
- Small venue & a little priceyhappydinerVIPDined on 1/18/2014Not a near 5 star experience as shown here.. we were happy with the food but drinks were small & expensive..$15 to $20+ for meals... . but plain cold bread sticks ??? the server was a little more like a bartender than a waiter & had to send him back for my soup ...1 soup 2 salads 5 drinks & split a sandwich $100 ....We would go back if it was in walking distance.Special Features:
- A new find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/17/2014We are always looking for new places near home (Western Springs) that are "upscale casual"--a nice place with good food that won't break the bank, but goes beyond burgers. Talley's fit the bill nicely. Good wine list, nice selection of entrees, good service. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!EatoutoftenDined on 1/16/2014We were looking for a new place to try and happened upon Talley's. My only regret is that I wished we lived closer so we could come back more frequently. Ambiance was nice, wine selection good, food was great, and prices were reasonable. It has a cozy, neighborhood flare and the ingredients are fresh and flavorful. We eat out quite often and Talley's is really a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talley's ---great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/15/2014Talley's is an excellent spot. We had great, great food and everyone cleared their plate! Always a good sign. We also enjoyed a 1/2 price bottle of wine--such a great deal! The heat/cold regulation was awful. We were either sweating or freezing at our hightop table. This was a little annoying and when we asked our waiter about it he gave us a very odd answer. He gave us a new candle and told us to look at that and maybe we would forget how hot we were. Random. Lastly our service was great but out server was very odd. He made multiple odd/rude/random comments. We didn't let that deter us from how great the food and atmosphere was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DIningChuckDined on 1/14/2014Steak special was outstanding. The Talley's burger can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to Talley's aOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/10/2014We have been to Talley's a half-dozen times and each time the food has been excellent and likewise, the service. It is a cozy spot with exposed brick walls and unlike most restaurants these days, the noise level is moderate. For appetizers, try the green beans and pork wings. The bone-in rib eye is excellent and also the fish dishes. You should definitely not miss the banana fosters bread pudding for dessert. We had a party of 8 and order 2 bread puddings and fought over them!Special Features:
- intimate and friendlyhinsdaleVIPDined on 1/8/2014Our waiter has served us before and he is great. The food never disappoints and it is very cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talley's a nice place for dinnermbluvsneVIPDined on 1/3/2014We ate here for the first time with friends who had been several times. They recommended their favorites and we were not dissatisfied. The food was very good, not amazing and unique, but high quality ingredients cooked well. The staff was lovely, start to finish, from the young lady who greets and seats to our waiter and busboys. I had scallops on risotto and the scallops were cooked perfectly, a little gritty, but that is hard to avoid with scallops sometimes. My husband had the seafood stew, which he loved. Nice kick to the spice level. We shared a tuna appetizer that was top-notch. We will return and definitely recommend Talley's. Try it - you'll like it!Special Features:
- Cozy spot with delicious food.PamMomDinerDined on 1/3/2014Cozy local spot with large menu. Creative bar food as well as steaks and some seafood and a kids menu that includes cotton candy at the end of the meal (if parents are ok with it). I would definitely go back. A terrific dining spot in the near west suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellent. They havemrbotchagalutDined on 12/24/2013Food is excellent. They have an interesting mix of dishes, menu is not overbearing (which is a good thing). It appears everything is made fresh. We so enjoyed the restaurant, planning to return this Friday. One more thing - prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It seems we are there once1sonofabutcherDined on 12/7/2013It seems we are there once a month and Talley's never disappoints. We had some dear friends we hadn't seen in a while who live in LaGrange who said they would definitely be back. Of the two couples both men are hard of hearing and while the noise level is energetic they both could hear to participate in conversation. Talley's remains a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Love this placeJessicaBarrettDined on 11/8/2013The tacos are cravable....x10 I love that I can walk to this wonderful restaurant. We are lucky ducks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eventBaileyFineDined on 11/7/2013We had the pleasure of dining at Talley's this past Thursday to celebrate our daughter's engagement. The service was outstanding as they made the celebration personalized, special and memorable for us all. The appetisers, main course and dessert were delicious with gluten free options available. This is a neighborhood gem in Clarendon Hills and Krista Talley and her staff go the extra mile to make your dining experience a special one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great combo of casual and tasty!scottpfeifferVIPDined on 11/2/2013While it is not inexpensive, and the portions are right for a satisfying meal, it was a comfortable environment for sharing a nice meal with our high school-aged kids and us. We will go back, I am sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2013Ths is a great place to have in town. We were able to get right in with an advance registration of only 30 minutes before. The place was packed, lots of energy, and good food. The crispy green bean app is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time visitbirthdaygirlDined on 10/29/2013My friends and I were very happy with our decision to go to Talley's. We went on steak night and were more than pleased with our dinner. Would also go back for their french onion soup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfy dining spotTarheelborn1VIPDined on 10/19/2013We enjoy Talley's for a relaxed dinner with good food and decent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We brought our kids for dinnerkshawDined on 10/13/2013We brought our kids for dinner and they both ordered the kid pizzas. They were pleasantly surprised to see the kid's pizzas were flatbread and absolutely delicious. I had the scallops and my husband had the grouper, both were fantastic. Our server was also wonderful! We look forward to our next meal at Talley's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous neighborhood gem!WestSubDinerVIPDined on 9/28/2013It was our first time at this restaurant and we will definitely be back. The restaurant is so warm and cozy on the inside, the service is wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed our food selections, especially the grilled romaine Cesar salad!Special Features:
- Great local findMomof3Dined on 9/28/2013The decor is warm and inviting. The wait staff is attentive and knowledgable. The food is outstanding. A great place for dinner with friends or family.Special Features:
- Never disappointsJonFromILDined on 9/24/2013$10 for steak & fries on Tuesday? Delicious and a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute Dinner1sonofabutcherDined on 9/20/2013It was Friday. My wife had just gotten in from work and we both were tired. We both had the same thought, 'Let's go to Talley's for dinner. We weren't sure we could get reservations that were only 15 minutes out but we did. Talley's is a neighborhood restaurant for us and we are lucky to be in such a neighborhood! I had the panko encrusted chicken and my wife had the pork chop with fruit salsa. My chicken was great. The wife said her chop was good but not as outstanding as other dishes she has had at Talley's such as their scallops. It was a relaxing evening for an exhausting week. Talley's never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!Mom2boysDined on 9/15/2013We love Talley's! We often go on Sundays because kids eat free but have gone almost every other night of the week too. Food is amazing, service is incredible and our experience has always been stellar! Clarendon hills is lucky to have such a great placeSpecial Features:
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/14/2013The ambiance was warm and friendly. The food was creative but expensive. The drinks were also strong but expensive . Next time split an appetizer and 1glass of wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2013Found this through Open Table while in the Oak Brook area and thought we would give it a try. Decor is modern and comfortable. Food: Great flavors. Nice wine list. Fresh ingredients. Excellent service. Food came out quickly and well timed. Our 16 yr old son was with us and thought the burger was great. Will definitely be back and will bring friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/10/2013We ended up at Tally's because we couldn't get a table at the restaurant we had planned to go to. That turned out to be a lucky break for us. The food was excellent; of special note were the scallops and port tenderloin. The pork wing and tenderloin tidbit appetizers were also great. Nice touch - cotton candy for dessert (but watch out for that market price). Not inexpensive, but reasonably priced for the quality and uniqueness of the dishes. Service was great too. We definitely recommend Tallys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally, this one should stick!LizWDined on 8/10/2013Talley's is a definite treat! While it's family friendly, the atmosphere is definitely more refined than your average family hot spot. Our server was such a doll and entirely knowledgeable about the menu and preparation overall of the food and drinks. Each course was melt in your mouth tasty, in smaller portions allowing us to try more options. The bite sized steak topped with bleu cheese were a show stopper, as were the scallops. The wine list by the glass is has many acceptable options. We did not have dessert, but viewed the cotton candy coming out of the kitchen. In fact each dish leaving the kitchen appeared mouth watering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of good; needs some workOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2013The Pros: Very nice hostess; waiter's assistant was hard working and efficient, always filling water, clearing dishes, etc.; food was very good; good value. The Cons: Music way too loud, pounding, and intrusive. Waiter disappeared for long periods of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun local placebl26Dined on 8/7/2013We went to Tally's during the week and received half-priced wine (bottle). The service was excellent and the food was wonderful. We will return to try new dishes. Very fun local restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a great experience.knicknameVIPDined on 7/30/2013This was a great experience. Their drinks were wonderful and the staff was bright, friendly and warm. The food was outstanding. Perfectly cooked to order. The five of us we raving on how each steak was cooked to perfection, from rare to medium-well. We will be back, again and again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2013We've tried almost everything on the menu and love it all! Some of our favorites are the tuna app, Asian tacos, and beer can chicken. Her soups are phenomenal as well; especially the corn chowder! Save room for the amazing gelato!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was fine exceptsharpstickDined on 7/6/2013Everything was fine except the host who checked us in. He was very unfriendly and had a very snippy and sarcastic attitude. We will not be returning mostly because of him.T
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2013Talley's always has such great food. This wasn't my first visit and it certainly won't be my last. The buffalo shrimp was phenomenal. The shrimp were really fresh and the flavor of the sauce was sweet and spicy, the best combination. It was a Tuesday so we had the $10 steak and fries. You can't be that deal. The steak was tender and perfectly cooked. The drinks were delicious as well and priced accordingly. A very delicious and reasonably priced meal. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dont miss this great little find!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013This is the best neighborhood find! The food is simple but excellent and so reasonably priced. We go there for a nice atmosphere (sometimes a little noisy with the tables so close) to get treated well and have an excellent meal.Special Features:
- Definitely a Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/16/2013Talley's is a wonderful small restaurant that is great every time we go! Favorite menu items are always on point and specials are.... special. It's a perfect place for a weeknight dinner and ideal for something special too. The servers are friendly and they are a stable crew who treat customers personally. It's quiet and perfect for couples but comfortable for families with kids as well. Somehow, Talley's has managed to get it together to satisfy a wide swath of customers with varying tastes. Great place! Great job, Talley's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meals for a good price!ChillsfoodieVIPDined on 6/11/2013Great meals for a good price! Tuesdays are $10 steaks and Wednesdays are 1/2 bottles of wine. The menu is diverse but has simple options like flatbreads or burgers. I love the short rob grilled cheese and the Asian tacos! Servers are knowledgable and nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2013Open table incorrectly listed last seating, however, Talley's Kitchen called me to discuss alternatives before it was too late. This means they are on top of building a clientele. The ambience is very nice, the food is delicious, and the wait staff pleasantly polite and present. I will recommend this as an excellent neighborhood restaurant. I was there on a Thursday evening, the sound was low and i could actually have a conversation with my guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2013I love to introduce my friends to Talley's. The food and service are always great and their $10 Steak night is always a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quaint little placeDineOutOftenDined on 5/17/2013We have frequented Tally's Kitchen numerous times this year. It is a quaint little place that prepares gourmet food and appetizers. Tally's Kitchen is where we go when we are stumped to choose a restaurant or do not have a craving for something particular. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.