Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar
115 Fourth Street
Santa Rosa, CA 95401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jackandtonys.com/
- Phone: 7075264347
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 Am - 4:45 Pm; Dinner: 5:00 Pm - 10:00 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jack Mitchell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful historic dining room may be reserved for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Angela Brierly 7075264347
A word from Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar
Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whisky Bar is located in the heart of Sonoma County's Wine Country, in Santa Rosa's Historic Railroad Square. We are just 50 miles north of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge. We feature Modern American Regional cooking and an exclusive wine list focused on Sonoma County's incredible wine producers. The adjacent Whisky Bar shelves over 200 expressions of Scotch, Bourbon, Irish, American and Japanese whiskies.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (7)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (6)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (4)special occasion (3)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Service was a little slowjazzfanDined on 1/26/2013Service was a little slow because the restaurant was very busy, otherwise, I would have given the service five stars also. All the dishes we had were excellent, my steak was cooked perfectly. The whisky/whiskey selection is awesome, and the "do it yourself flight" is a great idea.Special Features:
- I was not impressed with JackOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013I was not impressed with Jack and Tony's whatsoever. I thought it was too noisy and very expensive. The bill for one dinner and one appetizer dish along with six drinks ended up being $132.00 not including the tip. The food was good but served in very small portions. My date and I were initially seated next to a noisy group in a booth with a wobbly table. When we complained we were then moved to an uncomfortable booth away from the group that had a small, makeshift table. The service was adequate considering it was a very busy night however I would not reccomend this restaurant if you're looking for a quiet, romantic place to dine with your date.Special Features:
- Cozy brick and Glass diningJarnyde49Dined on 1/19/2013Good food, attentive service, crab bisque was exceptional as the cornmeal trout...be careful of the dessertsWOW! No Pinot but had Viognier then local zin 09', very nice. Thanks again.Special Features:
- We've been going to Jack andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2013We've been going to Jack and Tony's since they opened. Happened to luck into their establishment and love it. We had the opportunity to introduce some dear friends who live in Santa Rosa and had never been. Jack and Tony's has become our 'go to' place and can't wait to share it with others.Special Features:
- Great veggie entree served.KimmieVIPDined on 1/18/2013Great veggie entree served. Not on menu. Should have veggie option on menu In this town. I picked the restaurant for five meat eating Friends but almost skipped it since the menu featured Online had nothing for me.
- My friend and I were verypoetessDined on 1/4/2013My friend and I were very pleased with our dinner and drinks at Jack and Tony's. Our waitress recommended the whiskey sours, and we weren't disappointed. I wish I had gotten her name because she deserves praise. She even told us that if we wanted to take our time with our cocktails, to signal her that we were ready to order by placing our menus on a certain spot on the table so she wouldn't be checking in with us too often and disturbing us. Her menu explanations helped us to order the right meals. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Once again, the best.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/3/2013Out of this world, both in food and selection of drinks!Special Features:
- We had a very nice time, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We had a very nice time, great staff, nicw way to start our New Year.Special Features:
- My girlfriend and I choseBobbyDined on 12/31/2012My girlfriend and I chose Jack and Tony's to celebrate New Year's Eve. The crab bisque we ordered was a little too salty. We shared a salad, the portion of which was very small. She ordered the grilled salmon, which was okay. I ordered the braised lamb shank. The meat was tender, but the sauce it came with was rather bland. We each ordered dessert and, once again, the portions were very small. Overall, we left unsatisfied, feeling that our dinner with 3 drinks was overpriced at about $120.00.
- New Year's Eve dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/31/2012We ordered from the special NYE menu but each item was priced separately so that was nice because we were able to share an appetizer and dessert. Lobster pot pie was great with plenty of meat and crisp puff pastry. For a busy night, the kitchen seemed able to still put out well prepared food. Friendly waitress gave good recommendations.Special Features:
- Waitstaff is very helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Waitstaff is very helpful and knowledgeable about whisky. Selection of whisky is immense, which is a good problem to have. Portions are a little on the small side but not bad. Food is excellent.Special Features:
- Good food not too hipster-ishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Good food not too hipster-ish but still interesting. I wanted the Scottish salmon to be wild, it was farmed, but I loved it anyway. We had a noisy the party nearby that later apologize for the noise. I love the huge choice of whiskeys available, and the Railroad Square neighborhood. Lunch here is affordable and mellow.Special Features:
- Leaves you hungrySonomaCountyBaryDined on 12/5/2012Location and atmosphere are great. Service also very good. But the food leaves you wanting. Very limited selection and the portions are very small for the price. I had the pear and walnut with greens salad. It was probably 1/4 of a pear, a couple walnut, a sprinkling of crumbled cheese and a few leaves of lettuce. For the price it was not a good pick. The main course, salmon with red potatoes and leeks was also not a value. probably 4 ounces or less of salmon, one red potato quartered, and about an ounce of leeks for over $25. My guests commented the same regarding their plates. If the menu had a better selection and portions aligned better to price this would be a rare find. Right now I can't recommend unless you eat like a bird.Special Features:
- What a pleasant surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/3/2012What a pleasant surprise! We tried several Santa Rosa restaurants during our visit that had higher ratings than Jack and Tony's and were disappointed in their food and service. The food(and wine) at Jack and Tony's was great and the service was excellent! The staff was welcoming and helpful with food and wine selection.Special Features:
- They had no server and I hadSuzyDined on 12/3/2012They had no server and I had to conduct my business lunch at the bar. It was ok, but not the experience I wanted for my clients. the dining room is much more impressive. We did enjoy our lunch.
- Perfect for a first date.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Perfect for a first date. Not over the top expensive but nice enough to show you're not a slouch!Special Features:
- Good food and service, butMikeVIPDined on 11/24/2012Good food and service, but the noise level is extremely high. Have a listen before you sit down, if it is busy or a large group is present.
- We had a delightful ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012We had a delightful Thanksgiving Day dinner! The butternut squash soup is out of this world. I make an excellent one and this was better than mine! The pecan pie was also exceptional. Can't say enough about the service..superb!Special Features:
- Very good service but ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Very good service but ambience and food is good,not great.
- Delicious food for great price.CalgalDined on 11/13/2012Delicious food for great price. Started with a delicious macaroni and cheese. Then had roasted chicken served over butternut squash with a brown butter sage sauce. Very nice! Dessert was an incredible up Pumpkin bread pudding. Server was attentive and meal was timely.Special Features:
- A nice surprise for downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2012A nice surprise for downtown Santa Rosa. Excellent food, wine and extensive whiskey collection.Special Features:
- The restaurant distinguishesDonLDined on 11/7/2012The restaurant distinguishes itself with a great selection of whiskies and good service, but it falls short with its food. The New York Strip steak is served sliced from the kitchen (always suspect) and, indeed, it was dry, tough, overcooked, and stringy. You can't deliver a good steak when you begin with poor beef. However, the buttermilk-fried quail starter was superb. The wedge salad was as it should be, but the homemade pork bolognese and papradelle was one-dimensional and unremarkable. Server sensed a lack of quality and tried hard and did a great job, but is constrained by the kitchen quality. This was a first-time visit and we would be hard-pressed to repeat with so many other excellent choices in Sonoma wine country and Santa Rosa.
- The food was wonderful, everythingkdwcpaDined on 11/4/2012The food was wonderful, everything from the lobster to the pork chop. Service was equally great. The servers were not invasive, but we never wanted for anything.Special Features:
- Comfortable atmosphere, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2012Went with girlfriends for a night out. Food was nice, we had a comfortable booth with a very pleasant waiter. Would go back.Special Features:
- Great, as usual!!! Never haveDarleneDined on 10/29/2012Great, as usual!!! Never have to worry about bringing new friends here......the food, service, etc. - always consistent!!! Thank you......Special Features:
- There was a very large weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012There was a very large wedding rehearsal party. If we had known this ahead of time, we might have chosen a different night to go there. The restaurant called me earlier in the week to confirm our reservation. Had they mentioned the large party, which was loud and required a lot of service, we could have adjusted accordingly. As it was, this affected the timing of our service, I believe the quality of the service and our enjoyment of the evening. However, the food was good. I would like to give it another try sometime, but being from out of town, that is not likely to happen anytime soon.
- Celebrated my birthday hereastavr01Dined on 10/20/2012Celebrated my birthday here with my fiance and had an absolutely wonderful experience. Food and wine were both superb! Along with excellent service and ambience to boot, we will certainly be back ( with a whisky flight in mind!)Special Features:
- Good Food and good value!JohnVIPDined on 10/12/2012Great food and service with reasonable prices; $22 for a steak dinner... Huge whiskey and bourbon list which for me is a plus. Nice historic building but the decor is bland and uninspiring. Go for the food, no outdoor dining that I'm aware of...Special Features:
- We ordered three entrees ofEarlDined on 10/7/2012We ordered three entrees of top sirloin pepper steaks to be cooked Medium, however they were brought to table very rare and had to be sent back. Waitress was very apologetic, and had them cooked longer. On top of it all, the steaks were VERY tough and difficult to chew. For the price of the evening, we had expected better. Sorry.
- Our first visit to a whiskeyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Our first visit to a whiskey bar. Our server was very polite and helpful, educating and guiding us through the drink and food menu. The selection of whiskey is amazing, the guidance of our server was truly appreciated. I would recommend letting your server know if it's your first time visiting. The craftsmanship displayed by the bartenders was amazing, top notch in all regards. The food was outstanding, fresh ingredients, well prepared, and the obvious attention to detail was evident in every dish. The dining area filled up quickly after 7:00, if it's your first time visiting I'd recommend arriving a little earlier.
- good steak, but lacks atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2012It was my daughter's 26th birthday. the drinks were good. the service was slow. The STEAK was great. Everything else had bacon added to it: salad, soup, polenta. Not very creative. The dark carpet on the floor makes the room look dingy and no table cloths. But the steak was great.
- Food was hit and miss. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Food was hit and miss. Good wait staff. Nice atmosphere-great location looking out on railroad square night life. Overall a pleasant experience-but not fantasticSpecial Features:
- Fantastic dinner and service.CanuckchuckVIPDined on 9/29/2012Fantastic dinner and service. Our waitress was wonderful and very knowledgeable about whiskey. Great dining experience!Special Features:
- VEry good food. Wait staffmefgamesDined on 9/29/2012VEry good food. Wait staff was very friendly. Whiskey menu was very large.Special Features:
- small plates are great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2012Being from out of town its was a nice place to grab a bite to eat. We weren't super hungry when we went there but they had a nice choice of small plates. So the three of us just ordered 3 small plates and shared, it was plenty and very tasty. I will revisit next time i'm in the Santa Rosa area. Wait staff was great too! Very attentive.Special Features:
- Absolutely enjoyed Jack &PBeagleVIPDined on 9/28/2012Absolutely enjoyed Jack & Tony's before going to a play at the 5th Street Playhouse on Friday night. The food was extremely fresh, creative, and delicious. The wine has some good selections, and I've never seen so many choices (page after page) of whiskey. I will definitely return. What a great find in the heart of Railroad Square.Special Features:
- Visitors from Florida, weBigindyDined on 9/16/2012Visitors from Florida, we went on a Sunday evening with very little local traffic. We split the steak which was nicely cooked to order. We also had a good salad, which we split, since we don't need leftovers when we are traveling . Hubby had a very good Mahattan and I had Chardonnay which we both enjoyed.We would recommend this place to friends..Special Features:
- The wait staff was great,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2012The wait staff was great, She was very well versed on all menu items including wine and cocktails. My wife and I celebrated our 36th anniversary, great staff, great food and drinks thanksSpecial Features:
- what a surprise, this placejuliewilliamsonDined on 8/27/2012what a surprise, this place was fantastic. The food was so delicious. We were a party of 6 and everyone enjoyed every bite, appetizers, main dish and desserts. Really interesting menu. The pork chop is excellent, but so was everything else including the drinks with mostly homemade mixes. Don't miss this place,Special Features:
- The bacon wrapped sea scallopsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2012The bacon wrapped sea scallops with the apple risotto was a creative, delicious appetizer. My crab stuffed maine lobster was great too. The restaurant seemed surprisingly uncrowded for a Saturday night but that was great for us because it meant that it wasn't too noisy. We brought our own wine that we purchased during our day of wine tasting in the area so I can't comment on the restaurant wine list. The four of us all enjoyed our meal and would return if we're in the area.Special Features: