Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar
115 Fourth Street
Santa Rosa, CA 95401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jackandtonys.com/
- Phone: 7075264347
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 Am - 4:45 Pm; Dinner: 5:00 Pm - 10:00 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jack Mitchell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful historic dining room may be reserved for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Angela Brierly 7075264347
A word from Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar
Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whisky Bar is located in the heart of Sonoma County's Wine Country, in Santa Rosa's Historic Railroad Square. We are just 50 miles north of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge. We feature Modern American Regional cooking and an exclusive wine list focused on Sonoma County's incredible wine producers. The adjacent Whisky Bar shelves over 200 expressions of Scotch, Bourbon, Irish, American and Japanese whiskies.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
Jack and Tony's Restaurant and Whiskey Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (8)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)special occasion (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- very nice dinner at the barDylanPhileDined on 11/21/2013courteous and knowledgeable bar staff and gracious host/manager. two salads were very good. will be back. my dinner companion said the scotch and whisky selections were spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and beverages!Jay64VIPDined on 11/5/2013Great food and beverages! My wife had the scotch flight and thoroughly loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!MoemagicDined on 10/25/2013The food was delicious especially the bacon wrapped scallops with risotto which was fantastic!!Special Features:
- Good not greatjjgoogsDined on 10/24/2013Nice atmosphere, fun serving staff. some of our food arrived cold. salads were small for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningJefmelVIPDined on 10/23/2013Really enjoyed the wide array of whiskey. The bacon wrapped scallops were awesome. Our server was great. She went out of her way to help us pick some new whiskey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal at Jack & Tony'sgolfergalDined on 10/12/2013We have been to Jack & Tony's before and were not disappointed on our latest visit. We all started with salads, which were delightfully dressed. Two of us had the pork chop with a wonderful grilled peach chutney, one had the hanger steak (very good flavor) and the fourth had fish which was perfectly cooked. We had to have dessert because we were celebrating all of our birthdays..... All four desserts were terrific; butterscotch parfait, chocolate/banana breadpudding, mexican chocolate pot of creme and strawberries over rum cake. We also like the proximity with the Marriott Courtyard (where we stay when we visit Santa Rosa); it is an easy walk over to Jack and Tony's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great job Team!RAofSRVIPDined on 10/11/2013Almost ashamed to say that this was my first time dining in at Jack and Tony's. Your team provided professional service and the food was delicious. Didn't catch the busser's name but he did a great job on Friday the 11th. Big Thank you to Sarah for making our anniversary special, the pot de creme was a nice touch ;) I look forward to sending many more of my guests your way, thank you for your hospitality :) Ryan Alton Chief Concierge Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel and SpaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLuv2trynewplacesDined on 10/5/2013We were a little worried about the limited selection of food options but once we got our food it was amazing. Everything was delicious and we can see that the few items they have, they have perfected! I'm already dying to go back to try what my brother ordered. He got the filet mignon, sosososo good! I had the Mac and cheese, best I've ever had! The Brie was delish and lobster! The scallops and fish were also amazing! Def going back! We really enjoyed the drinks, I wish we were provided with a reg cocktail menu outside of the whiskey family. We went there for the guys to have whiskey but for us ladies we felt it hard to order a reg cocktail tat was non whiskey. Would've love a few things on menu to choose instead of racking our brainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableFrequentTravelerDined on 10/4/2013My husband and I had reservations for a Friday night and were glad we did. There were quite a few walk-ins waiting for tables. The restaurant was busy and energetic with a mixture of couples and groups. The wait staff was moving quickly but we never felt rushed. Our waitress spent time welcoming us and chatting throughout the course of our meal. After dinner, we chose to move into the bar where we had cocktails for dessert. They have an extensive whisky menu and the bartender was very helpful. We are not from Santa Rosa, but will be sure to stop in again the next time we visit the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything extremely saltyLinlogVIPDined on 9/24/2013Everything extremely salty If you have high blood pressure Don't eat here .
- dinner for 2kcgpgDined on 9/24/2013Excellent food! The whiskey list was huge and my husband really enjoyed the whiskey flights. The cocktail menu was great too. I got a cable car and it was delicious!Special Features:
- Great food for good price pointWineloverDined on 9/23/2013Service here was outstanding. Our waitress was very attentive and knowledgeable. The food was great without the big price tag. My only complaint is the steaks weren't seasoned enough. Would definitely recommend! Pretty good wine list as well, but of course they are more attentive to their whiskey selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off night int he kitchen?caadam4Dined on 9/13/2013Would like to try again as the place itself is nice and the service was excellent. The food however was disappointing. The oysters, although they insisted fresh, were overly salty and not firm.. The steak and pork chop both very salty...and I enjoy a heavy hand with season salts, this was too much!Special Features:
- All very nice except veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2013All very nice except very disappointing desert list.Special Features:
- Variety of WhiskeyWtrskigrlDined on 8/2/2013Jack and Tony's.... What a great selection of Whiskey/Bourbon! Love the variety to try different Whiskeys around the world.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greattallguyDined on 8/1/2013We enjoyed our time there, service was great and the food was good. Sea Bass little over done but still very good.Special Features:
- Great place for a meal & a cocktailOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2013Excellent meal choices, not extensive, but very good and adequate variety. Nice bar and unique drink optionsSpecial Features:
- Great food!eyelike2eatDined on 7/14/2013We went on a Sunday and it was very quiet. We are normally there on loud busy nights w/ fun outgoing vibes. Everything was great. We were celebrating our one year anniversary and our expectations were more than met. The food is ALWAYS fantastic and I will always recommend friends and family to go to Jack and Tony's if they are wanting to splurge for the night or celebrate a special occassion. The food melts in your mouth and the flavor alone fills you up! Although we didn't have our usual server Star, the service was fantastic as well. Star remembers us and our orders each time we are in for a food visit :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service/Average FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/12/2013No one in our party of six thought the food was anything special, but the young woman who waited on us was very pleasant and efficient.Special Features:
- Awesome!!foody2eatDined on 6/15/2013Went here for Father's Day and it was terrific. The service was great and the food was awesome!! Thank you for making a special day very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing spectacularBNPPDined on 6/15/2013This was our first time there and based on the reviews I picked this place for a nice Father's day dinner. The food choices were limited and because they just came up with a new menu there were no specials. The food was okay, but not spectacular. Would not be my first choice to come back here.
- my favourite go to restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/4/2013This is by far my favourite restaurant close to home. Very reasonably priced and delicious food. We come here whenever anyone visits us. Erin and Esther are the best.Special Features:
- Good for lunchddvaiaVIPDined on 5/23/2013Reasonably priced. Excellent burger. Good selection of whiskeys and bourbons, but we didn't have any drinks as we were saving that for our wine tastings that afternoon. Bartender served us, since we came during a quiet time between lunch and dinner. Very friendly, although he struggled with the Open Table reservation. (But we did get credit for the meal.)I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visit, I'll be back...DeeRDined on 5/11/2013Celebrated college grad and had dinner with some family & friends. Everything, all around, was solid, good. Would reccomend to others, and will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the wine list. The whisky listSonomaFoodieDined on 4/28/2013Jack knows his stuff. This is the best whiskey collection in the county. Food is decent but the competition in Sonoma County is stiff in that category. Good place for a date if you are trying to find out if she can hold her liquor :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I cannot compliment the staffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013I cannot compliment the staff enough, the service was excellent. The food was very good, the meat cooked to perfection, both the filet and prawns. Everyone was pleased with their choices, nothing negative to say. We did not order wine so I cannot comment on the list. We will certainly go back again.Special Features:
- We were in town celebratingBeagles2Dined on 4/26/2013We were in town celebrating a 50th birthday and dined at Jack & Tony's. It was great, friendly atmosphere, delicious food and great service.Special Features:
- It was my first time goingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013It was my first time going to Jack and Tony's and have always heard great things and WOW do it live up to the reputation!!! From the food, service, and the amazing flight of bourbon everything was outstanding. I was looking for a romantic night out with my girlfriend cause it had been awhile and it was the perfect choose, the ambiance brought back a certain spark like it was our first date!! I would hands down return to Jack and Tony's soon and recommend it to everyone wether your looking for a great place to eat or a fun romantic night out!! Thank youSpecial Features:
- Good but not exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2013After the reviews I read I thought this place was going to be great but it was just alright. The food was good. The four of us all ordered an appetizer and a seafood main. We all agreed the app (beet salad and artichoke) was the best part of the meal. When we arrived the bar was full but the restaurant was empty at 7:15. The service was good. It was nice not to be rushed by the waitstaff or the kitchen. Our meal took us about 2hours.
- Tasty food, noisy crowd.sffoodieDined on 3/22/2013Better than your average steak place, fresh and well prepared food--my salmon was great, and the butterscotch parfait also very special--but it had a pretty good jolt of real scotch in it, so not for everyone. It was restaurant week so the service was fairly slow and they forgot to give us the wine list until after we ordered (I had to ask for it.) But overall a good experience.Special Features:
- This place is a gem!eyelike2eatDined on 3/22/2013My boyfriend and I went to Jack and Tony's during restaurant week and were pleasantly surprised. I have always wanted to try this restaurant but never had the opportunity to go. I am so happy I finally made it and sad that I have been missing out on such great food and service for so long. I had the braised lamb and polenta.... which was by far to die for! Everything had fabulous flavor and appearance! I will totally be coming back to this restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:
- soup was barely warm, meatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/21/2013soup was barely warm, meat was supposed to be NY, but was some lesser cut
- Brie appetizer, leek and potatofoodaholicDined on 3/20/2013Brie appetizer, leek and potato soup, braised lamb shank and butterscotch parfait were excellent. The service was just right and my 58th birthday was a rousing success. Or maybe the 2 Manhattans my husband drank that made him start singing...in the middle of the street... on the way to the car... made it memorable.Special Features:
- This restaurant has reallyHope4suninAKDined on 3/13/2013This restaurant has really good food and a great atmosphere. Our server was okay and charged us for gratuity on a big group and didn't tell us but the proprietor called the next day and quickly reversed the extra charges. I would definitely eat here again for the food and attentive service. It was a great pick for Santa Rosa dining.Special Features:
- My husband loved the lambtapdancerDined on 3/2/2013My husband loved the lamb shank special. He said it was one of the best he has had. Also the mussels are delicious. We liked the little bites of sausage that gave it a little different flavor. Since this was a whiskey bar I felt I needed to have a whiskey drink so had a whiskey sour. I enjoyed and would recommend trying a whiskey while there. There is also a great wine list which we enjoyed. And for dessert you must have the ButterSCOTCH parfait. You can taste the SCOTCH....decadent is all I can say.Special Features:
- the waiter got my wife's orderOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013the waiter got my wife's order wrong, delivered snapper, instead of sea bass special. it was acceptable, and what were we going to do, sit there and wait 15 minutes, for new dish, as mine was getting cold? appetizers were great. dessert was disaster - butterscotch parfait, had no ice cream, was just like they dumped an entire bottle of butterscotch in a glass, then some whipped cream and another bottle, could not eat it. i dont want a response from restaurant, if they cant get it right the first time, its not worth the makeup, after spending $125 for dinner for two
- My New Go To Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2013I have been a fan of Jack & Tony's for quite some time now.. It's a great spot to go to on that first date or even just to stop in and have a great meal with a good friend. Food is excellent and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I went out on a first date last weekend and the server was kind enough to not rush us and let us take our time in deciding what we wanted. Very attentive and gracious.Special Features:
- A discovery.DavidDined on 2/15/2013Four of us were looking to discover a new good restaurant in Santa Rosa and decided to give Jack & Tony's a try. The place smells good as we walk in - always a sign of a good kitchen. The preparation and presentation of the the food was really quite nice and we were all pleased with our choice. I had the rabbit which was well-prepared, though to my taste, a bit rich, a comment I could make about several of the other dishes I sampled at our table. The service was excellent despite a full evening crowd. We all felt we could add this place to the handful of better than average Santa Rosa restaurants we like, and will go again.Special Features:
- GreatnessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Some of the best food we ever had. If you haven't been you are missing our.Special Features:
- Excellent food, a little noisy,RocketRobDined on 2/14/2013Excellent food, a little noisy, but good atmospere, attentive waiting staff.Special Features: