98 Washington St
South Norwalk, CT 06854Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.matchsono.com/
- Phone: 2038521088x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Storch
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Facilities: Match offers a small private stage area in the front of the restaurant with a max capacity of 20 guests. This space acts as a four wall private room for private functions.
Match also offers the back dining area which holds up to 60 guests or there is always the option to buy-out the restaurant which can hold 110 guests.
Match also caters many private parties at The Loft Martini Lounge across the street. For more information on The Loft go to www.theloftsono.com.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Storch 203-852-1088x4
A word from Match
A fourteen-year veteran of South Norwalk’s dining scene, Match has earned its reputation as one of the state’s most consistent and award-winning restaurants with its global approach to New American cuisine led by chef/owner Matt Storch. Match has focused on retaining its loyal clientele as well as welcoming new guests by emphasizing high quality local ingredients, plate presentation and great service along with an award winning wine list. All of these elements come together in a radiant room that pulses with energy. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Match reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (20)hot spot (20)good for groups (20)great for outdoor dining (18)notable wine list (16)romantic (14)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Unique food with great tasteeastcoastfoodieDined on 8/23/2013Just reading the appetizer list made us realize that since we would not be back soon (we don't live in the state), we would just eat appetizers. They were all unique and delicious. The best were the figs stuffed with cheese - melted in your mouth and had such great flavors, the gazpacho soup with crabmeat was very different - not chunky tomatoes, but had great flavor and the sausage and hot pepper pizza was great - it had a very thin crispy crust and just the right amount of kick (though I did put a few of my hot peppers on my husband's slices! The service was great & the waiter even suggested an alternative to the order in which we wanted to receive the appetizers and it was a good suggestion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- have funSalamanderDined on 8/20/2013Great Restaurant, Great Drinks, busiest place on a tuesday in SONOSpecial Features:
- Another great mealBarbarafhVIPDined on 8/12/2013This was our fourth time back to Match since moving to Connecticut 2 years ago. It was a beautiful night, so we sat ouside. It was my daughters birthday and we wanted someplace special to eat. Match fit the bill. Everything we ordered was delicious. The bottle of wine was half off being it was Monday. It was truly a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food. Weak DrinksDirtyWaterDined on 8/10/2013The food is delicious, although the menu hasn't changed much in the last 5 yrs. I will say that when you go out for an expensive meal (and yes dinner for 2 can be quite expensive here ) I expect my drinks to actually have alcohol in them and not just a splash. Also, give the price of the meal, I expect better serviceSpecial Features:
- Match gets it rightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2013Innovative menu... never the same old same old. The chef incorporates seasonal items and adds an original twist or two to each dish. I've only dined here twice, once in its first year and again last week, but I enjoyed it thoroughly each time. The staff is marvelous. They are attentive without being intrusive, they're bright and they aim to please. What more could one ask?Special Features:
- Still greatDanielL17Dined on 7/16/2013Match-has been here since 1999!-We haven't been back since 2003... Still interesting and fun food. Esp very good and attentive "wait-staff'.--Suggest going on a week night -& book if more than 2 people. Matt still greets and makes fab. desserts!!. Will not break the bank, if you stick to Starters and Appetizers...thus leaving 'room' for dessert!! Recommend!Special Features:
- Consistently StrongNorwalkRobDined on 7/13/2013Matt, executive chef, is talented and proud. This produces a great experience every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was excellent.rleachVIPDined on 6/30/2013Food and service was excellent. We had a great time!!!Special Features:
- Always great!KPKCTDined on 6/16/2013It was a great experience as always, the food was wonderful and the service was good. The carpetbaggers are one of my favorite things I have eaten. Every time we go it is a must have! Pizza is always a good choice there! The fish, scallops, and pasta were cooked perfectly. Just was a bit salty on the Gnocchi Corn special. 1/2 Wine on Sunday and Monday night is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but PricyPeterDined on 6/15/2013Very good food but extremely expensive $$$$. It's a large space so I don't know why it was so loud.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2013Never disappoints. Food was creative and unique. A bit loud on Saturday nights but it is very popular. Server was hardworking, although not as experienced as some. Did a nice job.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceBentleyfamilyVIPDined on 5/23/2013Match has a creative menu that tastes great . It is inventive without being eclectic. The flavor combinations work exceptionally well. The service was very attentive without being overbearing. The Tuna appetizer is outstanding. I had grouper that was perfectly cooked. Even the simplest side dishes such as peas and carrots were prepared using fresh peas and perfectly cooked and expertly seasoned, Desserts are fantastic as well. Everything we had was top quality and expertly prepared. Prices are reasonable for the quality and portion size. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have never been disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2013We have never been disappointed in Match. The food and the staff were excellent. The best restaurant in SONO, and one of the best in CT.Special Features:
- I aways like coming here.JLIPP3Dined on 5/13/2013I aways like coming here. Good, quality food at fair prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menu-exceptional serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013The menu had a nice mix of fresh, local dishes from the farm and the sea. All were crafted with a unique and flavorful presentation. There was a nice accompanyment of wine, beer and specialty cocktails. The dessert list was short but amaxing! The staff was professional and exteamely accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchHeatherDined on 5/12/2013They don't always have brunch, but when they do, it is fabulous. We were in on Mother's Day, and had an almost 3 hour, 3-course meal. At no point did we feel rushed, and everything brought out was fresh and fabulously prepared. We were even given a delicious donut as a take-away "gift".Special Features:
- Great brunch if its featuredOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/12/2013Went here for Mother's Day brunch with our 6 and 8 yr old kids. Food was delicious. The kids had the chocolate chip waffle and breakfast burrito (half each). I don't think they always have brunch however. Its worth checking in advance.Special Features:
- ConsistentBobbiVIPDined on 4/20/2013Great as always. Enough chicken for 2 so I had a great lunch the next day!Special Features:
- The ever changing menu allowsEKG1VIPDined on 4/20/2013The ever changing menu allows Match to be a regular in our restaurant rotation. Been going since they opened, food and service have been consistently outstanding. A rarity these days.Special Features:
- Loved the place very trendyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2013Loved the place very trendy and the food/drinks were great! I will be backSpecial Features:
- A Gem in So NoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2013As someone who knows food and restaurants and lives in New York City, I lower my expectations sometimes when I travel out of town. My meal at Match was by far one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had in a long time. The meal was outstanding; the service great. The appetizers were awesome; had the bacon and mozzarella and the calamari. They were surprisingly spicy in a good way and were great. The pear salad was phenomenal. I had the swordfish, my date had the pork. Great great and great. Dessert was the gooey cookies and the apple cobbler. Both made fresh and the tastes were great. I am telling you there was no one negative in the whole experience.Special Features:
- My favorite Sono place! FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/14/2013My favorite Sono place! Food is fabulous, pizza is great, Martini's are excellent. I ordered a Prosecco with dinner and was even given the mini bottle "extra"Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsCady9Dined on 4/6/2013One of my favorite restaurants in the area. I live close by, yet, it has been about a year since I last visited. While a few faces might have changed, the food and the service were exceptional as usual.Special Features:
- GREAT INNOVATIVE FOOD WITHOUTdissapointedDined on 4/5/2013GREAT INNOVATIVE FOOD WITHOUT ATTITUDE. NICE WINE LIST AND GOOD SERVOCE BY KNOWLEDGABLE WAITERS.Special Features:
- Very disapointingCaddieUSAVIPDined on 3/29/2013Well 1st time saying I did not like an OpenTable restaurant. They tried very hard but the service was extremely slow. I was looking forward to the Osso Buco but it was not good at all. Sauce was too thick and sweet and meat was dry. It just didn't match up to what I expected
- The staff is very professional,BoricuaNYCDined on 3/26/2013The staff is very professional, attentive, courteous, approachable, and helpful when asked questions about the menu.Special Features:
- Good food, good service, mellowBigBlueReviewVIPDined on 3/12/2013Good food, good service, mellow dining room. The best restaurant in South Norwalk.Special Features:
- We had a great dinner...foodMargaretVIPDined on 3/9/2013We had a great dinner...food and service were excellent!!! Loving going to Match.Special Features:
- As always the food is amazingToddDined on 3/8/2013As always the food is amazing and the service top notch. We usually sit in the front, by the window. We got "stuck" in the back this time and it's a different experience. Make sure you ask for the front when booking.Special Features:
- I've been raving about MatchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013I've been raving about Match since we left. It was a great night and the food and portion sizes (just enough) were superb! Our waiter was great, suggested a few things for us to have and had a great personality! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Food was delicious. PortionsthefridaygroupVIPDined on 2/17/2013Food was delicious. Portions huge can definitely split appetizer and even main course especially if you order sides. Dessert was delicious. We were celebrating a birthday and they automatically brought dessert with a candle. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Food was a bit off tonightOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/16/2013Food was a bit off tonight - everything is usually great but overall experience was a bit underwhelming on most recent visit. The peanut butter and jelly halibut dish is unfortunately, no longer on the menu - it was always a well prepared dish. The hot chocolate souffle cake was very good.
- Always a favorite place toBellaVIPDined on 2/14/2013Always a favorite place to dine - creative and elegant menu,Special Features:
- Service was excellent! MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013Service was excellent! Menu varied; food very well prepared.Special Features:
- Great food and service. MustOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2013Great food and service. Must get the carpetbaggers. Expect to pay. Our dinner for 2 was $250, including drinks, apps, entree and dessert and coffee.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good Service, Good ValueScragglewartVIPDined on 1/21/2013Great food and service at reasonable prices. Excellent choice for dinner after a film, or meeting friends. We enjoyed arugula salad with parmesan and cream, butternut squash soup and steak frites. Monday night half price wine was a special surprise! Will return.Special Features:
- Worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2013Great food. Great wine. Really nice restaurant. Prices are fair. The service is great though the water guy seems to be paid by the ounce. I dont think my glass got down to the half-way point. Gotta love his dedication but my wife and I would prefer a little less appearances by the water guy. Try the oxtail and short rib ragu!Special Features:
- Recently went to Match forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2013Recently went to Match for the first time and for a birthday dinner. Food was amazing. Portions were very generous. Calamari was one of the best I've had in a long time. Definitely getting what you pay for, will return again!
- A+OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013The food was A+. Our waiter should win an award, he was so nice to my pregnant wife and even concocted a special (non-alcoholic) cocktail for her to enjoy. Something like that really goes a long way. Thank you.
- We had such a spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/5/2013We had such a spectacular dinner over the holidays that we had to come back with our family. Dinner was as delicious and service was equally terrific.Special Features: