98 Washington St
South Norwalk, CT 06854Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.matchsono.com/
- Phone: 2038521088x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Storch
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Facilities: Match offers a small private stage area in the front of the restaurant with a max capacity of 20 guests. This space acts as a four wall private room for private functions.
Match also offers the back dining area which holds up to 60 guests or there is always the option to buy-out the restaurant which can hold 110 guests.
Match also caters many private parties at The Loft Martini Lounge across the street. For more information on The Loft go to www.theloftsono.com.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Storch 203-852-1088x4
A word from Match
A fourteen-year veteran of South Norwalk’s dining scene, Match has earned its reputation as one of the state’s most consistent and award-winning restaurants with its global approach to New American cuisine led by chef/owner Matt Storch. Match has focused on retaining its loyal clientele as well as welcoming new guests by emphasizing high quality local ingredients, plate presentation and great service along with an award winning wine list. All of these elements come together in a radiant room that pulses with energy. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Match reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (19)hot spot (18)great for outdoor dining (18)good for groups (18)notable wine list (16)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- After many years Match staysOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/26/2008After many years Match stays on point. Keeping up with food that is on trend. Great relaxing fun had by all.Special Features:
- We felt ignored by our waiter,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/21/2008We felt ignored by our waiter, who spent lots of time chatting up the bar staff, even though we were only 1 of 3 tables in the restaurant.Special Features:
- We had a great meal at MatchrickDined on 6/14/2008We had a great meal at Match -- heard about crowded tables, etc....but we felt there was good spacing between tables. Wife had the Halibut, and I had the osso buco -- a must. Wait staff was attentive, and we will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- This menu offers a wide varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/4/2008This menu offers a wide variety of food choices. Portions may be short but they are "enough". Service is the way it should be when dining. The ambiance was comfortable and the staff is personable and effecient. Prices are what they are. Nice job Match! I was extremely pleased with my table seating it could not have been better! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Our server had too many tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/25/2008Our server had too many tables to be effective for all of them, which is why I rated service as fair. He was a competent server but was too overwhelmed.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2008The food and service were wonderfull. I would go back to Match again at any time! The place was packed and rather loud with a constant conversation din. Although not the best place for an intimate conversation, it was a great meal and I would recommend Match to my friends.Special Features:
- Service is a bit too casualOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/20/2008Service is a bit too casual but next to that a fine meal.
- Match is one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2008Match is one of our favorite restaurants! Great food!!Special Features:
- Match has lost their touch...theunhappyVIPDined on 4/19/2008Match has lost their touch...the restaurant opened at 5pm and all the waiter were getting an overview at this time, no service. finanlly, someone brought bread and took our drink order...the bread was leftover from the day before, extremely hard after they re-heated to seem fresh...i ordered ceasar salad, it came drenched w/dressing, nothing fabulous. my partner ordered the shrimp cocktail, it was okay. thank goodness for the entrees, my halibut was excellent and so was the osso bucco my partner ordered...however, it will be a long time before i go back. service continue to be bad, not very attentive.
- THe food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008THe food was very good and the service was as published, they were verry attentive. The restaurant was very crowded and they had tried to fit too many tables in making so that one of our guests was bumped by everry person walking by both guests and wait staff alike. If we were at a different table it would have been super.Special Features:
- Interesting menu, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2008Interesting menu, service was terrific, food was very good especially the chocolate souffle and warm cookiesSpecial Features:
- Match is trying to be something,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/2/2008Match is trying to be something, at least that's what their prices say, the food on the otherhand, while the intent is there, doesnt match up (no pun intended). The service was pretty bad, from the busboys up to the waiter and host.
- The food was great. EveryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2008The food was great. Every appetizer and entree was yummy! The desserts were delicious too. The best part was our waiter. The was very attentive, had a good personality, and even though it was extremely crowded, he didn't make us feel rushed. I would definitely eat there again, and highly recommend Match to others.Special Features:
- We always love to go there.WecpotentialDined on 3/12/2007We always love to go there. We have teens and that is there favorite local place to go. It is always nice to know or at least get the opportunity to say hello to the chef. He always comes by to ask you how your meal is!Special Features: