A Voce Madison
41 Madison Ave
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
A Voce Madison
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.avocerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2125458555x
- Hours of Operation:
A Voce now offers a $28 prix fixe menu for lunch only.
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:45am-2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm-10:00pm
Friday-Saturday: 5:30 pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ben Lee
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us directly for details.
- Private Party Contact: Pierre Fernandez 2125458555x
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR
offered between 4p-7p
Monday to Friday
Margarita in Fuoco
Pepper Infused Tequila, Solerno,
Fresh Lime Juice
Pasqua Prosecco, St. Germain, Crème Yvette,
Pasqua, Treviso, Brut, Veneto
A word from A Voce Madison
The word is out: Marlon Abela, the restaurateur behind London's Michelin one-star with two-stars rising Greenhouse, has opened a new modern Italian restaurant A Voce ("word of mouth") on the edge of chic Madison Square Park. The emphasis is on grown-up, deeply delicious Italian cookery set against a back drop of Italian style and organic East Coast elements.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
A Voce Madison reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)special occasion (51)notable wine list (47)great for lunch (45)great for outdoor dining (44)neighborhood gem (43)romantic (32)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (8)great for brunch (8)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- First TimeRockyroadVIPDined on 2/19/2014We thought the food was outstanding and the service excellent, The Tables were a little to close together although the noise level as moderate. A great buy during restaurant week. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2014We are a group of friends who have quarterly lunches. We rotate among top restaurants and have included A Voce for the past thee years. It is reliably excellent. Service is impeccable and ambience quiet enough for easy conversation. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Lot -- for a LotEdwardoDined on 2/15/2014Designed to look impressive and to impress the one percent. The cuisine is good, but over-priced. Impressive wines, if price is no object. Perhaps this place is for those on an expense account.Special Features:
- A Voce is well worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014A Voce was a perfect introduction to an high-end restaurant. The feel of it was relaxed as well as professional. It came off of as intimidating in the very beginning but thats because of my inexperience. Everyone was personable and helpful at the same time. The service was never stuffy nor there was a need for me to call someone over because of something that was lacking. The food put the experience way over the top. It was immaculate. My taste buds were taken for an adventure during each course and at the end of the ride they wanted to go again. Thank you A Voce for an experience I will never forget. I will definitely come back for another fantastic meal. Dining done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but not amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2014The food and service were both excellent. However, I would not put it on the same category as Daniel, Bouley, Marea, etc. I live in the neighborhood so it's a quick walk for me to get high cuisine for those occasions where I want to splurge. I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Valentines Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014A wonderful dining experience, with fantastic food, and great service. This is a beautiful restaurant that will make you feel comfortable and special while you dine. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurant timeCeeceeVIPDined on 2/7/2014Outstanding restaurant time after time- absolutely delicious food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with LondonersHappyeaterDined on 1/28/2014We brought foodie friends from London to A Voce on Madison Avenue. Our server was not the most sophisticated, seemingly not matching the restaurant's ambitions, but he tried his best. There were two exceptional dishes - the Italian Shabu Shabu take- really exceptional - as was the crudo. Decor was quite tired, and the Steelcase seating now flat after so many seaters. I would say in general that the ambitions were greater than the execution.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding (ICC2004Dined on 1/25/2014The food was outstanding (I had the octopus and my boyfriend had the rib-eye) and the service impeccable. The interior is a bit 70s modern but who cares. The appetizers were beautiful with only fresh ingredients. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go backElizabethDined on 1/21/2014We stumbled upon A Voce on a blizzard night when most people cancelled, so we enjoyed a serene ambience for what turned out to be fabulous, delicious food. The room is airy and beautifully lit. The fried ravioli appetizer with speck, stuffed with smoked mozarella and tuscan kale, was succulent and new. I had red snapper - perfectly cooked, crispy skin and tender meat - with sunchokes, brussel sprouts and lamb sausage - so savory! Friend had fettucine with rosemary, stewed rabbit and black trumpet mushrooms, fabulous. The port I had for desert was smooth and delicious, and the dessert of doughnuts delightful. They nailed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ImprovementMarkusVIPDined on 1/17/2014When this restaurant opened several years ago, it was always overbooked with long waits despite having reservations. The menu was overpriced and not very appetizing and during one of my early visits it was one of 3 times in my life I had to send back a bottle of wine which was a lukewarm white wine that arrived after we were done eating, I heard good things about the new chef and we tried it in November. We've been back twice since then. The menu is revamped with great reasonably priced selections and the wines are excellent. The service is friendly and attentive and we love it. Try the Gnocco Romano which is a slowly braised octopus in a red sauce. It literally melts in your mouth.Special Features:
- Pleased with this choiceUtdajxDined on 1/15/2014Had a choice of restaurants in the Madison Park area and was well pleased to have chosen A Voce. The service is top class, pleasant without being smarmy. The atmosphere was fantastic, nicely lit by the wall of glass facing the street. Not the greatest scenery but that's not their fault and besides, they are set back far enough from the street that what you experience is good lighting. The food is excellent. I enjoyed the octopus gnocco. I didn't expect it smothered in tomatoes, though, so just one point off for that. But it's the cassonciin with speck that was unbelievable! I could eat this antipasto all day, it's so light and flaky. The filling is well balanced and just enjoyable! This is a can't-miss restaurant, every way you look at it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve - gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The resturant retained it's usual menu, and although the column was increased due to new year sittings, the food and service remained excellent.Special Features:
- Worth a tryMARYA1Dined on 12/31/2013Good food, great ambience. Many tasting samples brought in between courses by staff. Sweet surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013The food, the service, the wine...all wonderful. Take our advice and go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service.StomperDined on 12/30/2013This was a top notch eating experience. From the warm welcome to the incredible service to the excellent food, this was an overall great dining experience. Very nice menu choices and the food presentation was as expected for a restaurant of this quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love both this location andSanchoPanzaJrVIPDined on 12/24/2013Love both this location and the Columbus Circle spot. Great prix-fixe. The app (shown in photo on website) with the soft boiled egg is fantastic and transcending!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect lunchMangiabeneDined on 12/19/2013I always enjoy A Voce. The food is amazing, the service is so genial, and the room absorbs sound so that you never have to speak loud and can hear you dining companions. I had the raw scallops and the agnolotti with lemon ricotta, pesto and shrimp. You couldn't do better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always dependableJabronVIPDined on 12/18/2013whenever I need to pick a place and can't think of anything, my go-to restaurants are A Voce Madison and A Voce Columbus Circle. Out of town guests are always impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialTrackerDined on 12/18/2013Two of us had lunch. The food was good, the service was weak. There is no excuse for weak service in a restaurant of this caliber and price point in NYC.
- Impeccable Service, Food Fell ShortallychunkVIPDined on 12/17/2013I've walked by this restaurant hundreds of times, living in the area, but finally pulled the trigger. The service was amazing, from start to finish. Very friendly, not pretentious, attentive, and helpful - at all levels of staff, from the maitre d' and host, manager, to the server and busboy. Unfortunately, the food they so wonderfully sold us on fell flat... there were little things wrong with each dish that just made each dish, on the whole, unmemorable. Appetizers were either too salty or bland, boring on the palate and not at all as advertised. All three pasta entrees were extremely overcooked, to the point of being gummy and sticky, and one-note flavor profiles. A beautiful venue with wonderful service but sadly, will not be returning.
- New ChefDavidlillianVIPDined on 12/14/2013Our first visit since the chef changeover took place several months ago. It was a very cold and snowy night but the restaurant was buzzing. Food absolutely outstanding. We shared the casconcini. Slight difference in this presentation. A little spicy tomato sauce added. For the main course the agnolotti and the braised short ribs. Everything excellent. For dessert we shared a superb bread pudding. One of the very best I have ever had. Since the weather was bad and driving difficult we just had one drink each. Would have loved to enjoy a bottle of wine with dinner but not possible. We highly recommend a Voce. Try the new team. You will love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snowy Evening at 'A Voce Madison'TonyOfromNJDined on 12/14/2013Snowy Saturday evening and braved the elements to 'A Voce'. Unfortunately, the weather and tough taxi stand at the Waldorf delayed the other couple 45 minutes. During that time, I spoke with the maître d', Tom, who was very comforting in telling us that this happens and not to worry. Various times he emphasized that 'We are just pleased that you have decided to join us'. Well, he was absolutely gracious and set the tone for a wonderful dining experience. The 2008 Brunello as recommended by the Sommelier, was right on and reasonably priced. The various appetizers, pasta, and fish (with truffle shavings requested) dishes were well presented and unique. Dessert and cappuccino closed a wonderful evening. Highly Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience and ServiceMaineBigDaddyVIPDined on 12/13/2013Cannot say enough about our meal here. From the staff at the door to the server and front of the house staff everything was exceptional. The food was perfect, the wine list fantastic and wide ranging. This is quite the unique thing in NYC, but they had many bottles that were very reasonable and quite good. Highly recommended if you are in the city.Special Features:
- Food was mostly good, however,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/12/2013Food was mostly good, however, service was not great. Specifically, our waiter was not very nice and had no personality; basically, rude. As a result, I will not go back.Special Features:
- GoodJamieDined on 12/10/2013Not as good as before on any level. Think they have a new chef. Menu is not as good nor is food. And why don't they have that incredible bread served with Ricotta anymoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant, Friendly stafffoodeliteDined on 11/19/2013The main server treated us like royalty but his behavior changed when we refused to order Antipasti, Primi and Secondi for each one of us, telling us we would be hungry (assumption because of our age?-24yr) We shared antipasto caldo, the Capesante (Armani Cafe in Paris has it as a main dish) and it was very good here too! We ordered the Pollo, the Maiale and the Tortelloni. The portions for the Secondi were extremely hearty, whilst the pasta dish was tiny, so I would recommend ordering the former if you are hungry. The server was definitely wrong as we had so much food leftover, kind of a waste. We ordered the Chianti and it was extremely smooth! The night definitely improved thanks to the staff was extremely kind and was definitely caring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & great serviceC2NYCarrieDined on 11/19/2013This was my first visit but have been hearing rave reviews from colleagues for a while now & I have enjoyed a glass of wine or 2 outside in the warmer weather. It is a great go to business lunch spot. It's modern sleek design is a great for setting a business tone, as in professional not stuffy. The wait staff is helpful but not pushy; anticipatory but not smothering, which brings us to the food! The flavors, the combinations, all delicious! I had the Zuppa Di Fagioli to start & squash tortellini with sage blue cheese sauce and my dinning companions had the fish special; we all greatly enjoyed our meals! We even had room for desert, they 3 enjoyed the cheese cake; I tried the donuts, while very tasty far too large after a 2 course lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New is even BETTERfreq7VIPDined on 11/9/2013The New chef at A Voce is even better The fish dishes are out of this world. Light perfectly cooked fish with fantastic sauce, light and so good you will spoon up any remaining bits.....go at onceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All-round terrific.LolaVIPDined on 11/9/2013A great experience, beginning to end. Food, service, ambience--all sensational. Makes for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Much EnjoyedGrazingThruLifeDined on 11/8/2013Have to be honest, was locked out of some first choice places and this was recommended to me as a great restaurant. So I took my guests to find out that it is! What a find! The service was great, the room is lovely and the food was great. There was space to move and not feel cramped. The entire staff was so friendly and engaging. There were great menu selections, prepared well and in good, not crazy, portions. The wine list has something for everyone. Yes, I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our expectationsDenver2828Dined on 11/1/2013Exceeded our expectations. Highlight of our visit to NYC. Service excellent. Food parings superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodKateDined on 11/1/2013I have eaten here a couple of times in the past and have never been disappointed. A Voce provided us a lovely meal and wonderful environment which I used to catch up with family members and prepare for the marathon. The only thing I felt could have been better was the amount of time that elapsed between courses. Our appetizers came out right away, but after the plates were cleared about 45 minutes passed before our entrees arrived. I appreciate them not rushing us through the meal, especially on a Friday night, but it could have been a bit speedier.Special Features:
- Quiet dinnerFreddyVIPDined on 10/28/2013My old friend and I had a delicious and peaceful dinner at A Voce Monday evening. We were comfortable and the reataurant took good care of us. The one thing I would change is that we were given a small table form two which was adequate. However there were many larger tables unoccupied. It seems to me in such a case it is in everyone's interest to seat those people who have had the curtesy to reserve at the roomierSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it!MaggieDined on 10/25/2013Great place. Very good service. You should definitely go to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal was excellent but serviceBruceDined on 10/25/2013Meal was excellent but service seemed to wane toward the end of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunchluv2eatoutDined on 10/23/2013Not busy, we were having a later lunch. The food was very good. The portions were perfect size, not too big but definitely filling. The staff was wonderful, very attentive without getting into your face. The atmosphere was quiet but not too intimate for a work lunch. All in all, a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairCecilioDined on 10/22/2013The food was very spicy. Almost impossible to eat. The ambience is good.Special Features:
- AvoidTheMaggiestDined on 10/18/2013The food was fine, but the service was AWFUL. The staff mixed wines because they weren't paying attention and mixed sparkling water with still, which means our water was just grossly half-flat and undrinkable. We ordered Remy Martin with dessert and our server brought back something not right. We asked the sommelier to see the bottle and he was rude, but went to get the bottle... only to return and tell us they don't sell Remy. Aside from the server pawning off something else, for the sommelier to not know what they serve is unacceptable. I understand this happens, but if you pay a certain price you expect service - the service you get at WD50, Morandi, or Landmarc. I'll never come back and recommend the same to all my friends.Special Features:
- A Voce Madison - The next episodemissmouseVIPDined on 10/17/2013I have visited A Voce Madison three times since Missy Robbins left and I have to say I am delighted with the new Chef. I loved the restaurant before but was getting a little tired of the menu. It still offers a modern but authentic take on Italian food, but with fresh choices including two wonderful crudos as cold antipasti, delicious pastas - (my favorites are theMaine Lobster linguine and the black pepper sausage ravioli) For secondi, I recommend the East Coast Halibut with salsa seracena, the Atlantic swordfish with cannelini beans and black kale and the colorado Lamb chop with chickpeas and rosemary. All Amazing! If you haven't gone back to A Voce Madison since the new chef do yourself a favor and go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.