A Voce Madison
41 Madison Ave
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
A Voce Madison
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.avocerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2125458555x
- Hours of Operation:
A Voce now offers a $28 prix fixe menu for lunch only.
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:45am-2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm-10:00pm
Friday-Saturday: 5:30 pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ben Lee
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us directly for details.
- Private Party Contact: Pierre Fernandez 2125458555x
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR
offered between 4p-7p
Monday to Friday
Margarita in Fuoco
Pepper Infused Tequila, Solerno,
Fresh Lime Juice
Pasqua Prosecco, St. Germain, Crème Yvette,
Pasqua, Treviso, Brut, Veneto
A word from A Voce Madison
The word is out: Marlon Abela, the restaurateur behind London's Michelin one-star with two-stars rising Greenhouse, has opened a new modern Italian restaurant A Voce ("word of mouth") on the edge of chic Madison Square Park. The emphasis is on grown-up, deeply delicious Italian cookery set against a back drop of Italian style and organic East Coast elements.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
A Voce Madison reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (60)special occasion (47)notable wine list (44)great for lunch (43)great for outdoor dining (42)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (30)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- OutstandingLolaVIPDined on 6/13/2014Top-notch from beginning to end. Great food, knowledgeable servers and a handsome venue.Special Features:
- NYCfoodieDined on 6/10/2014excellent delicately seasoned food --- awesome service, attentive and friendly, very accommodating....we had a great time and will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Very goodJintfanDined on 6/7/2014Service was excellent and food is very good. Service seemed a little rushed for a restaurant that was maybe 1/2 full. The wine list is long and very pricey. A retail $25 that goes for $87 on their list seemed a bit extreme. Overall a very nice restaurant just be sure to there is plenty of room on your credit card limit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special PlacekenyonVIPDined on 6/5/2014Wonderful service, great food, marvelous wine list, and vibrant atmosphere. That is a combination which is difficult to beat - even in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1330 reviews are from the A Voce Madison reviews archive.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014We went to A Voce for our wedding anniversary. Foods were so good that even our 16months old son liked them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodMarcBarakatVIPDined on 5/30/2014A voce is always a great bet, the food is great and the the service as well. Strongly recommend to anyone.
- A perfect eveningJhadevdineVIPDined on 5/29/2014Now that Columbus is closed for the month, Madison is ready to serve and excel. Professional staff and sublime food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding.PeUlDined on 5/29/2014Fantastic food, excellent service and a wine list to die for.Special Features:
- Superb!LaurenLVIPDined on 5/29/2014Lasting impressions: the professional yet warm welcome from the charming hostess... an intimate curved booth perfect to see the lovely room while enjoying a private conversation... the signature cocktail was a home run: an intriguing twist on an old favorite ... delicious, creative, beautifully balanced food: perfectly seasoned starter, exquisite pasta, heavenly poultry and fish... Expert advice on wine pairings steered us to a mind-blowing Brunello... Chef Ben Lee came out to say hello -- we were impressed with his quiet passion for perfection in the dining room. Altogether, a wonderful, memorable, meal. We shall return!Special Features:
- StephCDined on 5/19/2014Fabulous restaurant with excellent service, menu, and ambience - but very expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Food and Service!BasiaDined on 5/12/2014Went to A Voce for the first time for my anniversary and was extremely impressed. The food was exceptional as was the service. I was very impressed with not only our waiter but the management and other service staff. We let the manager pick our wine and which we were very pleased with!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New chef, better foodlikestoeatVIPDined on 5/11/2014The kitchen staff has changed and the food is mostly better. At least the pasta is better. The lamb we had was just OK. The service needs work. The staff is friendly but seemed distracted. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodTitoDined on 5/10/2014The food was excellent and the service as well. I wish we had had more time to eat dessert but we were running late to our Broadway show.Special Features:
- Great great great foodbdaygirlDined on 5/9/2014The staff were all friendly, outgoing, and helpful. The food was incredible-- I'm still dreaming about the rosemary parpadelle with duck ragu as well as the creme filled doughnuts with salted caramel dipping sauce. I cannot wait to go back, ready to eat well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting daughter's boyfriendTomatefritoDined on 5/7/2014We were looking for a restaurant with ambiance and good food where you could be able to talk and hear the conversation. The noise level was adequate . It meet all our expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularLindaIgDined on 5/3/2014We had dinner at A Voce Madison to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Although this is a highly rated restaurant, this was our first visit. It was as close to perfect as is possible. Starters (fois gras and agnolotti, were delicious and beautifully prepared. The shared steak is the find of New York. Better than any of the steakhouses we have been to, including Peter Luger and Morton's. Bombolini for dessert is a great choice as a shared finale, AND the coffee is superb.Special Features:
- Always TerrificpeterpostVIPDined on 4/28/2014I eat here 8-9 times a year. The cooking is exceptional. There are always adventuresome items on the menu, I always try to have one, and I am never disappointed. Wonderful spot for a business lunch or dinner. The tables are well spaced and the noise level conducive to conversation. The wine lists looks great. I am at the restaurant mostly for lunch and seldom drink then, but the wine list is innovative and well priced. Just a great spot. The Captain does a wonderful job welcoming people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014We enjoyed our meal but the restaurant was quiet and did not have a lot of energy. Service was friendly and prompt.Special Features:
- Always outstanding, ALWAYS!almin1204VIPDined on 4/23/2014I'd like to thank Chef Ben Lee and all staff at A Voce to make my business lunch a special occasion for me and my clients. I will see you very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too warmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014I think the air conditioning was not working. It was too warm in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining everjchan88Dined on 4/19/2014We went here for our 4 year anniversary and we had an amazing experience. The food was exceptional and the service was impeccable. I would definitely recommend this place for any special occasions or if you're looking for a great meal. Definitely worth the try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2014We enjoyed our dinner. Siabu siabu carpaccio was good and so was the ravioli appetizer. Our entrees were also good. The wait staff, managers were gracious and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our fifth trip to A Voce wascbcbrewerDined on 4/5/2014Our fifth trip to A Voce was as good as our first. This was our first time dining since Chef Lee took the helm and I have to say the kitchen has not lost step. Great food....great service.Special Features:
- Lovely service! More romanticJamieVIPDined on 4/4/2014Lovely service! More romantic and cozy feel than the Columbus Circle restaurant. Delicious pasta and great desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Held dinner business meetingSteveDined on 4/3/2014Held dinner business meeting ( clients) who all remarked about the exceptional food & service.Special Features:
- We have been dining at A VoceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/29/2014We have been dining at A Voce for years now, usually before theater. This is a great place. The food is always wonderful, cocktails and wine are excellent and the staff is very attentive. They have a new chef but the food is still "spot on". Love it.Special Features:
- It's ;location makes a VoceHarbarVIPDined on 3/27/2014It's ;location makes a Voce a choice restaurant for midtown dining. Great in the evening when offices nearby are closed and the crowds not too noisy. Great food and friendly service. Comfortable, and nice ambience. A very pleasing choice.Special Features:
- Put A Voce on the top of your list!jazzyjoyceDined on 3/27/2014The menu selections were intriguing for an Italian restaurant. No heavy red sauce here, no red sauce at all. The pasta dishes were creative and delicious. I had the chicken which could be boring but here it was tasty and juicy. My daughter had the Bronzino, she said it was the best she has ever had. My appetizer, an egg dish was so good a wanted to order another . The staff is knowledgeable and always on hand. Not hovering just helpful. We had a round table for 4 with comfortable leather chairs. I will definitely go back. Oh, I forgot to mention we sat next to a well known celebrity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italianalmin1204VIPDined on 3/27/2014I wish I could rate it 6 stars! Thank you, Chef Ben Lee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!almin1204VIPDined on 3/26/2014I've been a regular at A Voce for years now. New Executive Chef, Ben Lee has been keeping up the level of finesse and pushed it even further! Crostaceo Crudo bay scallops is full of flavor and citrus notes, scallops just melt in your mouth. Burratina another wonderful dish, delicate and flavorful at the same time. But the best highlight, Pizzoccheri! It's such an usual and regional Italian dish, so simple and unique at the same time. Thank you, Chef Lee! Thank you also to the whole staff. I will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLuvItalianDined on 3/19/2014My dining experience was fantastic. The ambience and noise level was perfect, in fact, very romantic. The appetizers were very creative and delicious. The range of entrées included a nice mix of the traditional with some newer concepts. The service was attentive without being overbearing. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new and improved!kcpbustanVIPDined on 3/18/2014I have been dining here for years…there's a new energy in the kitchen which is visible on the plates and in the tastes. That energy has been transmitted to the service staff, which makes the experience one worthy of mentioning.Special Features:
- Better to worsedondraperVIPDined on 3/14/2014Menu limited but selection were good. Steak tartar was delish while the bronzini as average with the desserts just poor. Wine was hyped but it too was average and over priced.Special Features:
- OK but, foodwise, nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/7/2014OK but, foodwise, nothing special for a Restaurant Week lunch. The bread served wasn't fresh and the no-choice desert was a melange of ingredients from which only sweetness and no distinctive flavors emerged.
- Really enjoyed my lunch. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2014Really enjoyed my lunch. The waiter recommended the wine and it was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and ambience,KtoniDined on 3/5/2014Great food, service and ambience, But the dessert was disapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sublime Food59momVIPDined on 3/3/2014I have been to this restaurant a number of times and always left having had the most sublime meal! I had skate yesterday and it was the most delicious I have ever eaten! I will dream of this lunch! Mt guests enjoyed it as much as I. It is a wonderful neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always One of the BestBuddyVIPDined on 2/28/2014This restaurant never fails to be one of the best Restaurant Week lunches offered. They are always excellent whether for lunch or dinner with innovative dishes that and excellent ingredients.Special Features:
- Generally speaking it's goodsylviaDined on 2/27/2014I had lunch with a friend during restaurant week. The food was great and, to my amazing, makes us quite full. Wine selection is advisable and the overall ambiance and service is good. I may want to returnSpecial Features:
- great food, lovely lunchtwofoodiesDined on 2/21/2014We came here for the first time for a restaurant week lunch recently and had a great time! The food was delicious - for once I couldn't get enough of my salad appetiser (I'm not really a salad person), then our choice of mains (mushroom ragu pasta and rosemary & lemon marinated chicken) was so good that we had to swap halfway through to enjoy each other's selection! Finally (during a Restaurant Week experience) the service was great - friendly, attentive, but not pushy. Also loved the cosy but airy feel of the dining room. We'll definitely be back, for lunch or dinner!Special Features: