1515 Westlake Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pastafreska.com/
- Phone: 2062831515x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Mike Horri
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We also provide catering, banquet and private party services. Please visit our catering page and get an idea of how we can transfer our simple, sweet, warm, generous atmosphere and food to your next event. We currently do caterings for the likes of Amazon, Microsoft, etc.
- Private Party Facilities: We provide services for Private Parties, both internally and outside our restaurant at such venues as the Mercer Island Yacht Club, The Swedish Cultural Center, and the Puget Sound Yacht Club, among many others. We do graduations, weddings, wedding rehearsals, private parties, corporate affairs, box lunches, corporate meetings, breakfast and lunch catering & meetings in and around Seattle, The Eastside, Mercer Island and surrounding areas.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Horri 2062831515x
- Special Events: Pasta Freska can provide for all of your Wedding Reception needs in one complete package! Let us provide the silverware, chaffing dish, napkins, dishes, plates, tablecloths, and six romantic locations for you to chose from! You focus on your special night and we will handle the rest!
A word from Pasta Freska
At Pasta Freska Italian restaurant in Seattle, you'll find a unique dining & restaurant experience missing from most restaurants today. It really is unlike any other. Not for everyone, but if you look at our reviews online, you'll see that most love it. The word on the street in Seattle is that people love it - they love the intimacy, the fun, the casualness and the warmth of the experience with Mike, and they love the warm, tasty, scrumptious and well appointed Italian food that consistently comes out of the oven and kitchen. How often would you like to just sit down without having to make your own decisions, and just know that whatever comes out of the kitchen will be warm, fulfilling, amazing Italian food like you hear "grandmother" used to make?!? Then Pasta Freska Italian Restaurant is for you.Continued
Pasta Freska offers private dining experiences a minimum of 20 guests on Sundays. Please contact the restaurant for more information.
Pasta Freska offers private dining experiences a minimum of 20 guests on Sundays. Please contact the restaurant for more information.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pasta Freska reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (7)special occasion (7)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (5)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Best Restaurant Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2011This was our 4th visit and every visit is wonderful! The food is amazing - always fresh and delicious! There are no menus - you just tell the chef what you don't eat and he comes up with your dinner. Because of this, every dinner is different and a surprise. There are always 5-8 courses. We usually go with another couple and sometimes the men get different dishes then we do, so we share.Special Features:
- The food is fair for an ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2011The food is fair for an Italian buffet, but it is served as a five course meal (and you pay accordingly). The chef comes out to each table and asks what you will not eat, which makes you think you are in for more of a culinary experience then you really will be. I would not recommend it due to the price for the less than average quality food.
- Don't worry about a menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2011A must experience dining experience! It's quite relieving to not have to worry about a menu. It's great to just state what you don't like and be served awesome food. Every single course was delicious. Vegetarians are well accommodated. A $$$ place but worth the experience in my opinion.Special Features:
- Pasta Freska isn't much forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2011Pasta Freska isn't much for decor but it will take you back to an old school New York Italian joint. Being from the East Coast, my fiance and I thoroughly enjoyed the time travel. We loved the no-menu approach. Each course that arrived was better than the last (with the exception of the dessert, which was not our ideal way to end such a fabulous meal). The service was excellent and the bottles of wine chosen for us were affordable and delicious. We will return again.Special Features:
- Pasta Freska is one of myFantayssiaDined on 8/4/2011Pasta Freska is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is always amazing, and the service usually is as well, though our last visit was a little spotty in that area. We still thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, though. We took out of town guests and they are still raving.Special Features:
- This food experience was unlikelaurenamberbellVIPDined on 7/30/2011This food experience was unlike any other! No worry of what to get because everything you are served throughout your dining experience is amazing. Each time we were brought a course I would say "this is the best thing I have ever had" and then the next one would come out and I would say "no, wait, this is the best one!". Everything you get is worth the price and whether you are with a group or on a date it is a great location.Special Features:
- I and everyone I ate withOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/29/2011I and everyone I ate with got sick the next day from the food. They missed serving us one of the courses during dinner. The tablecloths and whole restaurant look cheap. Overpriced for all of the above reasons.
- You must try!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2011The food and the chef are the reason to come. Be prepared to spend a lot of time here--the portions are small (and very good) and there are several courses (we had 9). No menus: the chef talks to you and then sends out whatever he thinks you'll like.Special Features:
- Great First Time ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/8/2011This was an amazing experience. I knew what to expect, but the amazing taste of all the dishes was perfect. It was a great experience for anyone who loves food. One of the most exciting things what not knowing what the next dish was going to be. expect about 35-40/pp not including wine, but very much worth it.Special Features:
- Quirky Italian-ish place thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2011Quirky Italian-ish place that looks like a neighborhood dive from the outside. No menu here, owner/chef Mike serves up what thinks you'll like and from my my experience, you will like it! Bring an open mind and a relaxed attitude, dinner can last a while as the dishes keep on coming.Special Features:
- This was my second trip toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2011This was my second trip to Seattle and my second trip to see Chef Mike at Pasta Freska. I love this place! I introduced 4 more people this year and they all confirmed that it is now a 'must' on any visits to the city. Fantastic food, good atmosphere. Everything was delicious and it is a very unique experience! You definitely need to go!Special Features:
- Pushy as the night wore on...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/24/2011This was my first visit to Pasta Freska. The chef and staff kept course after course of food coming - even after a couple of people in our party clearly had been stuffed beyond belief. I think that after spending so much time there and so many courses, I found them to be a bit pushy - leaving a second bottle of wine and 2 plates of 3 desserts each at the table, even though we didn't really want them. The mussels, beef, eggplant and spumoni were all good - everything else is already lost from my memory. I would have been happier if they hadn't encouraged quite the level of gluttony - and the high price that comes with it. I don't think I'll go back, but it was a fun experience once - and the big eaters seemed satisfied.Special Features:
- AMAZING....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2011Just one word... AMAZING. Probably best Italian food we have had so far. Concept of surprise and personalized food is awesome. We really liked it. Restaurant was a bit noisy; but you will forget that coz of the amazing food. It is a bit expensive. But its worth it and we will go there again.Special Features:
- This was recommended by aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2011This was recommended by a friend and was a refreshing dining experience. No menus, the owner comes over and ask what you don't like, after that the wine and food starts arriving. Kind of like going over a good friends house for dinner. Would definitely return to our next time in Seattle.Special Features:
- No menu? Such a great treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2011To be personally served by the owner and chef is a great experience. To have Mike pick your wine, create the menu and entertain you with his great personality ... nothing better. To receive an extraordinary wonderful surprise with each course ... unbeatable. To enjoy supremely prepared food, flavorful, exotic, easy-on-the-palette ... almost heaven! You'll be wishing dinner does not end. You gotta go!Special Features:
- Great Service and Food. PlanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2011Great Service and Food. Plan some time to relax and not be in a hurry. 7 courses of wonderful food and wineSpecial Features:
- A different dining experience.donnalawDined on 4/29/2011A different dining experience. The chef sits with you to talk about food, the dishes start to appear. Many courses. Fun timeSpecial Features:
- Everyone eats the same thing!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/27/2011They dont cook anything special for the tables, my table ate the same thing every other table in the restaurant ate. When asked for a wine list or to have a specific wine we were told that he paires the food with the wine, odd thing is, he hadnt asked us what we wanted to eat but he had opened the wine? Horse before the cart! We will not return!
- Always a fun evening. YouOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/22/2011Always a fun evening. You don't know what dish is coming next but you do know it will be great!Special Features:
- I thoroughly enjoyed my experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2011I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Pasta Freska with my father. The food was excellent, as well as the service. It was a different type of restaurant in that you don't order, which was fun and interesting. It was exciting not knowing what was coming next. My only gripes would be that the meal was pretty expensive and that when asked if we wanted dessert, we didn't realize that it was an additional cost. Other than that, it was a great time.Special Features:
- Pasta Freska is the type ofOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/8/2011Pasta Freska is the type of place to go when you have plenty of time - both to wait and savor your meal. We arrived about 10 minutes in advance of our reservation to an extremely packed house. 20 minutes after our reservation time, we still had no idea when we'd be seated, and we didn't get much info from the waitstaff - it was also very apparent that other groups had reservations but were just kind of waiting as well. However, I do have to say that we were given a glass of wine and something to nibble on while we waited. And, with some pressing, we were seated. From there, the meal was fantastic and my table felt very well cared for. I recommend going ahead of the reservation, relaxing, and enjoying the extra time to chat with friends.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance, good food/valueKarasceneDined on 4/1/2011Pasta Freska never disappoints. Mike makes everyone feel like part of the family, and I've enjoyed (and scarfed) everything I've eaten there -- even food I don't normally like (seafood, eggplant). There's no menu, and you never know what's coming next, but you can trust that it'll be good. Dinner can be on the pricey side for an Italian restaurant, but it's a good deal for a several-course meal with wine.Special Features:
- The claim that they make aKatieVIPDined on 4/1/2011The claim that they make a menu personally for you isn't true. They make big pots of everything and bring everything around to everyone's table. If you don't like it, they don't serve it to you. You get the same menu as the table next to you, unless you refuse something. Also, the "sales" aspect is too pushy. My dining partner and I order a glass each of wine. They came over, popped open a new bottle and tried to set it on the table. And then seemed offended when we wouldn't keep it. They also pushed dessert hard. Had multiple people ask us if we wanted it, and when we continued to say no, got very pressured, "Come on, it's very good. Very, very, good. You want it, yes." NO. Wouldn't go back.
- Great time, food, and people.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/26/2011Pasta Freska was wonderful as usual! Mike, the owner, is a great host and he and his staff made our dinner a great experience. We were there as a group of six, four of which had not been before (I and my wife had). Everyone had a wonderful time. I really look forward to going back again.Special Features:
- Wasn't sure what to expectDandSVIPDined on 3/26/2011Wasn't sure what to expect when I found this on Open Table and found out there was no menu, sounded like something we had to try and we are glad we did. Chef Mike asks a few questions about dislikes and likes that then plates begin to follow along with a wonderful bottle of wine he selected. I was a unique dining experience, it was wonderfu.Special Features:
- The trill of not having toMickeyDined on 3/26/2011The trill of not having to order your food ! Chef was very friendly and food was great ! It is a keeper.Special Features:
- Overall, great service. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/25/2011Overall, great service. Food comes at a slow pace and gets crowded quickly.Special Features:
- I have brought many peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2011I have brought many people here and everyone enjoys it with the exception of one. Those who are extremely picky in their food or unable to relinquish control of a meal probably won't be open to this experience. However, those with a taste for yummy meals, and a sense of adventure will love it!Special Features:
- Dinner cooked JUST FOR ME? No.FeChefDined on 3/11/2011I have to say I was fairly disappointed by what was advertised, and what we got. Instead of a menu, Pasta Freska promises to cook a meal "just for you" based on your likes & dislikes. But Pasta Freska cooked the same meal for everyone in the restaurant. Every table got pretty much the same thing. Food was scooped off of big trays onto diners' plates by waitresses and the "chef" (who never set foot in the kitchen) from table to table. Now, the food was decent, and the service was OK, but it just wasn't anything like it was billed.
- My second time there.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/26/2011My first time was better this time it was ok. Definitely an experience not sure I really have to do it again though.
- Bravo Pasta Freska!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2011Mike is a consummate entertainer, but an even better chef! He makes you feel at home even if you haven't been there in ages. We went for a girlfriends' birthday dinner/ ladies night and it was great. I love the out of the box thinking and how the "non menu" dining here is structured. Great wines were paired with GREAT food made fresh and flavorful. Also, you really should sign up for his email list. He has these great dinners he hosts on his boat with multiple courses and amazing wines!Special Features:
- If you are on a budget - don'tPNachborDined on 1/15/2011If you are on a budget - don't go. If you don't care that a bottle of wine is open for you, without knowing the cost - GoSpecial Features: