1515 Westlake Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pastafreska.com/
- Phone: 2062831515x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Mike Horri
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We also provide catering, banquet and private party services. Please visit our catering page and get an idea of how we can transfer our simple, sweet, warm, generous atmosphere and food to your next event. We currently do caterings for the likes of Amazon, Microsoft, etc.
- Private Party Facilities: We provide services for Private Parties, both internally and outside our restaurant at such venues as the Mercer Island Yacht Club, The Swedish Cultural Center, and the Puget Sound Yacht Club, among many others. We do graduations, weddings, wedding rehearsals, private parties, corporate affairs, box lunches, corporate meetings, breakfast and lunch catering & meetings in and around Seattle, The Eastside, Mercer Island and surrounding areas.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Horri 2062831515x
- Special Events: Pasta Freska can provide for all of your Wedding Reception needs in one complete package! Let us provide the silverware, chaffing dish, napkins, dishes, plates, tablecloths, and six romantic locations for you to chose from! You focus on your special night and we will handle the rest!
A word from Pasta Freska
At Pasta Freska Italian restaurant in Seattle, you'll find a unique dining & restaurant experience missing from most restaurants today. It really is unlike any other. Not for everyone, but if you look at our reviews online, you'll see that most love it. The word on the street in Seattle is that people love it - they love the intimacy, the fun, the casualness and the warmth of the experience with Mike, and they love the warm, tasty, scrumptious and well appointed Italian food that consistently comes out of the oven and kitchen. How often would you like to just sit down without having to make your own decisions, and just know that whatever comes out of the kitchen will be warm, fulfilling, amazing Italian food like you hear "grandmother" used to make?!? Then Pasta Freska Italian Restaurant is for you.Continued
Pasta Freska offers private dining experiences a minimum of 20 guests on Sundays. Please contact the restaurant for more information.
Pasta Freska offers private dining experiences a minimum of 20 guests on Sundays. Please contact the restaurant for more information.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pasta Freska reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (7)special occasion (7)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (5)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A refreshing approach to dining!asuarez129Dined on 4/12/2013A refreshing approach to dining! They use the use of freshest simple ingredients and bring them together in culinary, non-pretentious perfection.Special Features:
- Pasta Freska is an incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2013Pasta Freska is an incredible find. Chef Mike greets you warmly and asks about your food preferences, then the magic begins! Seemly nonstop delicious food flows to your table. Mike checks in with you periodically to make sure that your expectations are met. Ours were exceeded! I would whole heartedly recommend Pasta Freska.Special Features:
- Turned out to be very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013I like Pasta Freska's approach: there's no menu, you tell the chef what you like and what you don't like and they bring you delicious food in several courses. However, I would advise people with food sensitivities and allergies to ask before the wait staff put anything in your plate, because they don't seem to be keeping track of what you can and cannot eat. Also, when the maitre asked if we wanted wine, we said yes and he brought us a $33 bottle of red wine. I would have been happy with just a glass, and honestly half a bottle was way more than I was willing to consume or even pay for. So, unless you really don't mind someone else deciding what you are going to eat and how much you are going to spend, I'd say this is a good restaurant.Special Features:
- The food was awesome but don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2013The food was awesome but don't expect to order anything. Just tell him what you don't like and enjoy!!!!!!Special Features:
- The setting is very dimlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013The setting is very dimly lit with candles on each table, so it seemed casual/romantic. The service was good: the chef would go around asking everyone at each table if they didn't eat anything, controlled amounts of food came around every so often so everyone would mostly be eating the same menu unless preferred otherwise, and plates were changed after every two or three courses. The food was delicious, the mussels had a delicious accompanying sauce, the serving of salmon was well-cooked. The dessert was not so pleasant as it was a plate of a variety of cakes that were very heavy with flavor and sugar and didn't go well together, let alone with the rum-infused ice cream on the side. The salad, spaghetti, and steak were not so memorable.Special Features:
- Love this place and Chef MikeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2013Love this place and Chef Mike Horri's attention to his guests. I've been a dozen or so times, usually with out of town business guests, and it never fails to be a hit. it's relaxed without being noisy, it's sophisticated (with it's 'no menu' style) without being snobby. On every visit, everyone has enjoyed themselves. If you're looking for upscale, trendy, this isn't the place. But if you want a quality meal, an interesting dining experience, and careful attention, definitely give this place a try.Special Features:
- i would say this is buccaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013i would say this is bucca di beppo without a menu. i loved not having to order. it was italian comfort food, A LOT of it.
- Best ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013The food was excellent and the service was even better. I enjoyed eating and not knowing what was coming next. Thankyoufor a very lovely evening we will surely come back and recommend it to our friends. 17 years in service lets make it 17 more !!!! Oh and by far the best Italian food in the Seattle area.Special Features:
- Twisted Italian/GreekjtzillaDined on 3/19/2013It was a fun experience, very quick to serve you, did not get anything we would not eat. Eating out side on a nice day was fun as always in Seattle. Good wine. Overall good experience. Will probably try again. Not my style of an every week type of place but fun to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant has a definiteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013This restaurant has a definite Wow factor, and everyone who works there goes out of their way to make sure that the customer is happy. The food is plentiful and good, and the presentation is a lot of fun. The atmosphere is cozy and friendly. This is not a place for a quick bite, but it is the place to go for a treat. But make sure you're hungry when you go.Special Features:
- Grazie!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/15/2013I love the welcoming feel it's cozy – Don't let the outside fool you. I definitely would return again. No menu so if you're not open to adventure this is not for you. The only thing you might be able to choose is red or white wine and expect to get a whole bottle. We enjoyed ever dish that came out to us 6-8 smaller plates. So full we had no room for dessert. We'll be back again.Special Features:
- I love the concept of thisJasonDined on 3/15/2013I love the concept of this restaurant. There is no menu. The chef comes out to your table and chats with you about what you do and do not like. Then you are served some amazing food. :-)Special Features:
- We had a Livingsocial couponOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013We had a Livingsocial coupon for a 7 course dinner for two and it was a great deal! We were in for a pleasant surprise! It was cozy and the energy was vibrant. The courses came in random order except for dessert at the end and the al a cartes were all off the hook and were as spontaneous as the chef himself. We had great interaction with the staff and really look forward to returning when we go to Seattle again!Special Features:
- Eat here!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Best restaurant in Seattle. Mike , the owner, makes you feel like family!Special Features:
- NO PRICES for food or wineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013NO PRICES for food or wine posted,extremely crowded and noisy. Reservations were late so they gave us a piece of garlic bread to appease us. No wine list so server asked "what kind of wine do you like?" one person said Chardonney so the server brought us a bottle of Chardonney, $36 for something I had never heard of and I didn't find out the price until we got the bill. No idea of what was being served and it was so dark we had to hold the candle over it to see what it was. Don't think I will go back or recommend.
- ExquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013The chef created everyone that came through the door and brought waiting parties a glass of wine. That is how packed it got for this great find. The chef stopped by the table to ask our preferences. Everything that was delivered to our table was tantalizing and exquisite on the pallette.Special Features:
- Wonderful, fun, relaxing adventure.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013We've been there twice now and there was very little repetition from our first experience. The food is amazing! I'm not generally a big mussel fan but I could have eaten a bucket of the mussels. The sauces are superb. Eggplant parmesan outstanding. There are no menus which adds to the adventure as you don't know what you are getting and are not always sure what you just ate! (You can always ask -- after you try it!) It's a nice change of pace to walk in, sit down and be served without having to make any menu decisions. Some food feeds the body. Some food feeds the soul. Pasta Freska definitely falls into the latter category.Special Features:
- Superb ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2013Not what I expected at all, so I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't know how kid-friendly it would be, because I had my children with me, but the staff was wonderful with them. The Chef and servers brought course after course, and it was all so amazing. I wish I could describe it to you, but I wouldn't do it justice, so you'll just have to check it out for yourself. Amazing wine. Bring someone you like to talk with, because this could be a long occasion.Special Features:
- Very good place to eat. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Very good place to eat. The food had excellent temperature. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- My husband and I enjoyed ourmsfaustDined on 3/2/2013My husband and I enjoyed our meal and the atmosphere. Having said that, if you are particular or have high expectations, you may feel differently. One review said that the food is like a good home-cooked Italian dinner from your mother who isn't Italian. That is an accurate analogy. The food was good, not great. The service was family style (think Buca di Beppo before it was a chain--just a neighborhood restaurant). And family style in this situation means the chef cooks something for the entire restaurant and serves each table individually by course. If you have food allergies or preferences, they amend their menu to your table. It's good and fun, but not for everyone.
- DELICIOUS!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Fantastic food. I wish they would have told me what the dishes were (Chef said 'Surprise Number 1!'), but even if I didn't know what it was, the food was spectacular. Go go go go go eat it!Special Features:
- As expected, Pasta FreskaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013As expected, Pasta Freska delivered the romanitic experience I was hoping for when I took my husband there for our 3 year anniversary date. Although, i've dined here twice before, he had never been and as I had talked it up quite a bit during the week of our date, I was really hoping he would enjoy it, and he did! Great food, cozy ambiance..Pasta Freska is amazing! I can't wait to go again, though next time, I hope I get an extra piece of their delicious garlic bread! Don't forget to make reservations!Special Features:
- Fun Atmosphere, Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013Would definitely recommend! Not cheap, but worth a try for the money, especially for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Amazing food. Chef Mike surprisesBoondockersVIPDined on 2/26/2013Amazing food. Chef Mike surprises you with a 7 course meal that leaves you full and satisfied. A one of a kind restaurant and a one of a kind experience.Special Features:
- I love the fact that theyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013I love the fact that they don't offer a menu. The chef asks what you like and don't like to eat and the then food starts to flow. Portion sizes are just right so you can enjoy a lot of different dishes. Good moderately priced wine too. We can hardly wait to go back.Special Features:
- The pre-fixe dinner was oneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/18/2013The pre-fixe dinner was one of the best meals I have ever enjoyed.Special Features:
- Best dining in the westOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2013Always fantastic. Chef Mike always creates a great experience.Special Features:
- owner was great, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/18/2013owner was great, food was better cant wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Expensive, even with a LivingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Expensive, even with a Living Social coupon. We were asked by the chef if their was anything we don't like out of a table of 6, 3 said eggplant. First thing we were served was eggplant. Really? Our reservation was at 830, we were seated at 9. The food was very very rushed. We felt like they were trying to get out of there for the night. We will no be returning to Pasta Freska.
- Fun, but not high qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013It's friendly, it's fun, but it's also a bit fussy and noisy. My friends and I enjoyed our meal and wine, and the adventure of having our menu picked for us, but overall, the food was not top quality and it felt a bit overpriced. One of the waitresses seems very stressed out.
- The food was absolutely incredible.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013The food was absolutely incredible. I had never been to Pasta Freska and was greatly impressed by the taste and quality of the food.Special Features:
- We were greeted upon arrival,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013We were greeted upon arrival, quickly seated (for those who had to wait, wine was brought out!) We were asked if there is anything we dint like, and when our response was no, we were in for a treat from there! We were presented several courses of wonderfully flavorful food, we learned to stop asking questions and just savor the taste! It was wonderful and different. Chef Mike brought us the perfect bottle of wine to accompany our food, it was just so relaxing to not worry about a menu and trust they know what they are doing! I was so full walking out of there but it was worth it! It was a one of a kind experience, we'll be going back!Special Features:
- We love this place. We lovePatRDined on 2/15/2013We love this place. We love to go with friends and spend a leisurely evening in conversation and sampling Chef Mike's delicious food.Special Features:
- Like being a guest at chef's house.OncDocVIPDined on 2/15/2013It's an unusual but charming experience. You tell the chef, who greets you at your table, about your dietary restrictions & preferences. One incredibly great feature is that he/they are able to accommodate all sorts of needs: having a die-hard carnivore alongside a vegan in our group was never so easy. He & the servers are also attentive & personable. The food was all very good, though much of it buttery & rather caloric. The only real challenge is the need to be flexible, not really ordering a specific entree but getting surprised with what comes out for you, & being asked if you want "wine", not red vs. white or specific type. That said, I suspect they'd happily accommodate any changes. Overall very enjoyable & would go again!Special Features:
- The experience dining thereSeattlefoodieDined on 2/14/2013The experience dining there was unique and really fun. It is kind of refreshing to release control of the menu to somebody else and just eat whatever shows up (when whatever shows up is constantly top tier). It was a great pick for valentines day.Special Features:
- I've been going to Pasta FreskaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013I've been going to Pasta Freska for years; regular dinners and special occassions with my date. Mike is always such a character. The food isn't fancy; I'd call it home-style and that's part of the fun. Eating real food with fantastic wine in a quiet neighborhood secret spot. Portions are small but many. Service can be hit or miss because they're constantly preparing small bites for various tables. Sometimes you go 10min without anything then you may get 2-3 items back to back. Overall, it's fun and I'll definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Interesting experience ofabcdDined on 2/14/2013Interesting experience of turning over your choices to Michael after he greets you and assesses your likes and dislikes. Special needs, such as vegetarian options requested, are met without hassle.
- I just love the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/13/2013I just love the experience that Pasta Freska provides. When you are seated the Chef comes out and asks what you don't eat. You are then served several different courses based on your choices. I really enjoy the mystery of not knowing what is coming next. This is my second time and I do have to say that I have loved everything I have tried.Special Features:
- The service was terrible andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2013The service was terrible and the food was average.
- We felt as though we had beenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/9/2013We felt as though we had been invited into the chefs home. All his favorite dishes were served. Really a fun atmosphere. Can't wait to go back!Special Features: