7920 Jones Branch Drive
McLean, VA 22102Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://harthrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7037615131x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: Monday-Friday, 6:30am - 11am (Breakfast Buffet until 10:30am);
BREAKFAST BUFFET: Saturday-Sunday, 7am - 1pm
BREAKFAST: Monday-Friday 6:30am-10:30am
LUNCH: Monday-Friday, 11:30am-2pm
DINNER: Monday-Saturday, 5pm-10pm
härth Lounge: Daily 3pm - 12am
*Harth Restaurant will be open this Sunday, September 7, 2014 and will be offering 50% off all wines by the bottle!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Luc Dendievel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Daily specials on beverages and food in both harth restaurant and harth lounge.
A word from Härth
An abundance of fresh, locally grown and farm raised food is featured at Tysons Corner's newest and exciting restaurant, härth. Celebrating modern American food that brings a fresh and contemporary approach to dining. Chef Luc at harth restaurant orchestrates a menu of locally sourced ingredients from farms scattered throughout northern Virginia’s countryside. härth also has a terrace level garden and one of the best apairies in northern virginia, with 4 bee hives producing our own honey. The menu features wood fired flatbreads, comfort food favorites and our signature bacon jam. Enjoy our wine list and some of our new signature honey cocktails! härth also has a great semi-private dining space perfect for business or social events. Come meet our new chef and see what the "buzz" is all about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Härth reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (30)fit for foodies (26)special occasion (23)good for groups (20)romantic (20)great for outdoor dining (19)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (15)great for brunch (13)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Mediocre HereNOVAMale4FoodDined on 3/29/2014I was looking forward to trying Harth and became excites about my opportunity in Weekend evening; arrived @ 8:30. Service was not slow but lagging even in a 15% filled dinning room. Nothing exceptional at all and we weren't even offered a cocktail menu. Dinner included the Veal Shank which arrived fresh, hot, moist but NO flavor whatsoever, blabd at best. Expected more, way moreSpecial Features:
- Team dinner at Harth.RDLearVIPDined on 3/27/2014Juan was our waiter for my work team dinner and took great care of us. Small plates were good for appetizers and everyone enjoyed their meals. Pretty decent wine list tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/27/2014My friend and I met for lunch last week at the restaurant - and I must admit the service was a bit odd. As we were only half-way through our salads, the waiter dropped off our check and said he'd take it whenever we were ready. No discussio as to whether we were planning to have dessert or coffee - the waiter just assumed 'we were 'done,' and we we were not! So - we finished or salads and then waited for the waiter to return (whichi took a while; we had difficulty catching his attention) to order coffee. He then pulled the bill and returned with coffee - and a new bill. The restaurant was not busy, so there was no reason to rush us. Just odd.
- Great food so so service.BonAppetiteDCVIPDined on 3/22/2014Our service was lacking in a few minor areas. Our waitress never refilled our water glasses the entire meal, even when requested; never bought us a wine chiller when promised for our wine and with the hot restaurant this was critical . I had to ask a bus boy to bring one. When it arrived it was not cold - cool. Our dinners were good. My wife ordered a delicious veal shank that was enormous. I ordered the rockfish that arrived in two scant thin slabs of fish. But the entrees were well presented, hot, and prepared with nice side vegetables. We also ordered the Margarita flatbread that was delicious. We enjoyed our meal at Harth, but their limited menu (hotel chain driven) and so so service will prevent us from a fourth visit.
- Upscale AverageexperiencemiseenplaceVIPDined on 3/11/2014This place is definitely trying to jump on the hip bandwagon but falls short. "Exciting" ingredients presented artfully, they are just like every other new restaurant who boasts "fresh" ingredients- like we would have been expecting something different?Special Features:
- Farm-to-table Chef Tom hasOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/6/2014Farm-to-table Chef Tom has interesting menu and creative recipes (try the fig-bacon jam). Flat-breads and dessert tarts are well prepareed in the brick ovens.Interior desin is striking with the mutiple wall-mounted fire places. Overall, a good in experience. Who knew Tyson's corner cwould produce a modern and fairly gourmet restuaruant??!!Special Features:
- A fresh optionJbwdelaukDined on 3/6/2014Always been delighted with Harth for lunch. The staff appreciate lunch breaks can be short and will move your order as fast as you ask them too. Helpful polite service and the food is excellent in a warm, modern environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticAmandaVIPDined on 2/28/2014Excellent food, drink, and atmosphere! Amazing bacon jam!!Special Features:
- Limited Lunch MenuDredVIPDined on 2/27/2014The lunch we had was very good, but the selection was extraordinarily limited!Special Features:
- Excellent food, great locationsBarbaraDined on 2/20/2014This restaurant is in the Hilton in the area surrounding but not in Tysons Corner which makes it an ideal lunch spot if you work in that area. I thought the food was excellent and it was easy to park.Special Features:
- My husband and reserved aVanessaDined on 2/14/2014My husband and reserved a table for Valentine's Day at Harth. We arrive at what we thought was going to be a good experience and were disappointed. We arrived and were seated and waited for 10 to 15 minutes. As I thought we were forgotten about. My husband went and looked for a waiter and found one and she advised we were seat in her area. But that same waitress we observed walking around the restaurant. So we ordered our food and she forgot our side dish. She then stated it would be out shortly. 15min later our side dish comes out! If you forgot it just say you forgot! Overall a terrible experience and will never go back! For such a nice ambience the service was terrible!
- Very good food along withScarboroDined on 2/14/2014Very good food along with great employees. Fast service and great atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Good Food; Lovely SettingAmericanBiscuitDined on 2/14/2014The food overall was very good. Two of us ordered a delicious fish dish with fava beans and carrots and a very tasty sauce (The only thing less than excellent was the dessert that went with the fixed menu. It was merely ok.) The decor is very nice. While somewhat noisy, the noise level really wasn't intrusive-- more like a comforting buzz of very engaged people enjoying themselves. Our waitress was good and we really enjoyed talking to her the one chance we got to do so, but she had a couple larger groups that took a lot of attention, so we had to track someone down for refills and a needed utensil. I overheard other diners complaining about slow service in the very full restaurant, so I don't fault our individual waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day dinnerBLawDined on 2/14/2014I tried this restaurant for Valentine's Day because I had a gift certificate. It was a lovely experience. The wait staff was helpful and friendly, the food was great, it was a nice, relaxting atmosphere, even on a pretty busy day for restaurants. I would definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Solid - Good ValuegoalieDined on 2/14/2014I have been to Härth a couple of times now, and the food is always good, and pretty reasonably priced - nothing to write home about (except maybe the bacon jam) / but nothing that has really disappointed me. The items on the menu are always unique. I can't say that I'm necessarily going to rush back, but if I'm in the neighborhood looking for a good meal, they would definitely be on my list. I have been to more expensive restaurants and had food that wasn't nearly as good as Härth. Ambiance is great - love the fireplace dividers between seats. Staff is always super friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen Under RenovationDeborahVIPDined on 2/11/2014We were a little disappointed at the limited menu, but everything else was good.Special Features:
- All in one.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014Fantastic ambience. A fireplace in view from any seat. Great service. Knowledgeable and courteous staff handle special diet needs with skill and creativity. Amazing food from local sources.Special Features:
- No brunch or lunch on Sat. or Sun.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014I made a reservation for Saturday brunch with a group of friends. Less than an hour before the reservation, someone from the restaurant called to tell me that the restaurant doesn't serve lunch on the weekend. They have a very limited breakfast buffet that they serve until 1:00, but everything is pre-made so by noon it was pretty tired. Since they didn't call until less than an hour before we were to meet, it was too late to change the reservation to another restaurant since everyone was already en route. Open Table needs to correct the information about this restaraunt so that others don't make the same mistake.Special Features:
- Unhappy ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2013Harth has potential. The ambiance is lovely. My group and I had looked forward to checking this place out for brunch. However, the service that we received with our visit guarantees that no one from my group of four will return. Our service, Irina, was extremely short with our group. Since we were dining at Harth on a Sunday that only offered a brunch buffet this level of treatment was surprising. In short, an request for a coffee refill or condiment took time and left the table feel as if we were inconveniencing her. Irina even provided my group with our check, and repeatedly visited our table until we got the hint and paid her. Whether intentional or unintentional all members of my party sensed a certain attitude. This place is a pass.
- DisappointedKattDined on 12/25/2013Made a reservation for Christmas Day brunch because it offered both the buffet and the menu. Received a call at 8:30 Christmas morning that only the buffet would be available - sorry for any confusion. Way too late to make other arrangements for our party. Buffet was ordinary - the usual motel breakfast - had expected much more from a Hilton, particularly for $25 per person. The service was poor - obviously not the usual crew. Replenishment of the buffet was slow and spotty - had to ask that things be refilled. Embarrassed that I had been the one recommending this restaurant for our party.
- ambiance is really great,wantedittobebetterDined on 12/17/2013ambiance is really great, but the service was really bad. in an empty restaurant our server came over in the middle of our entree course to "borrow a chair" from our table. food wants to be good - but has a way to come. butternut squash shoup was watery, chicken noodle soup was far too salty, rockfish was overcooked and on a bed of curried vegetables that just didn't make sense. our server indicated without prompting that the "kitchen is undergoing renovation" which shouldn't matter, but seemed to come through in the food. ambiance is really exceptional. I will come back because the dining room is comfortable and professional and attractive, but i will give it a few months for them to work out the service and "kitchen renovations"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible servicethomasVIPDined on 12/16/2013While I realize that there was a large group attending a conference at this hotel, I would have thought they would have been better staffed. Our server was indifferent and evidently forgot to put in our order. When questioned she shrugged it off and said she would check. 15 minutes later still no food. Meanwhile we had been there over and hour and were the first to be seated. She also misinformed us how we could pay for the check, since there were 7 different parties involved. Unfortunalety a 19% service charge was added since we were a group of 8. None of us would have tipped more than 15%. Food was just ok. Bread and spread were the best part. Too bad, nice atmosphere.
- If you are staying at the hiltonDaveSVIPDined on 12/14/2013If staying at the hilton it's fine, otherwise skip it. Menu is extremely limited. It's inside the hilton but hotel valet won't valet you if only there for dinner. It was pouring rain and we had to park in back lot and got soaked walking in. Chicken was fine, nothing unique. Fireplaces are visually nice but put out way too much heat. It's a perfectly fine place, but too many better options are nearby - the valet issue with the hotel was really rude.
- Great service, atmosphere and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/11/2013We just had dinner with friends at Harth. It was a repeat visit for us; a first visit for our friends. The food is great. We decided to skip the entrees and split a number of small plates. Beet salad and Caesar were excellent. Shrimp small plate was very good and perfect to share. Pear and date pizza was delicious. We had the margerhitta pizza too and next time I will have the mushroom and caramelized onion pizza instead. Service was excellent. Best of all, we could actually talk without raising our voices. The tables are nicely spaced and the room was half full. What a pleasure to enjoy a great meal in a nice atmosphere with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tyson's JewelOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/11/2013The menu at Harth is limited but blessedly so because the chef sticks to perfect, organic, in-season ingredients and everything is made in house, expertly. A roof aviary supplies honey for a sinful signature bacon jam that is served with very good bread and is also used on some dishes like a superb roast salmon. I have made a memorable dinner ordering all of the sides, my two favorites being the cheese grits and brussel sprouts. Flatbreads are exceptional, chicken, fish and burgers equally memorable. Rather than present a three page menu that is hit-or-miss, the chef is wise to offer only what he can do best in season. Everyone wins in a gorgeous setting with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchVickiDined on 12/6/2013This is a great place to take clients to lunch. Food, Service and personal touch allows for a great experience! I frequent this restaurant for business lunches and dinners and is my preference over others in the area.Special Features:
- I Want to Like This Restaurant MoreDSDKDined on 11/23/2013I want to like Harth better, but have left disappointed each time. The restaurant has a sleek, yet warm contemporary design. I love its emphasis on healthy, locally sourced ingredients. However, I find the menu limited and the meals not very flavorful or exciting. Furthermore, the servers were not very attentive. For example, no one explained what the bacon marmalade (yum!) was when it was presented. Our main dishes were simply placed on the table without even an "enjoy your meal". Several times, we had to pour our own wine. To top it off, we noted in our reservation that it was a birthday celebration and no attention was paid to that. With a bit more training for servers and revamping of the menu Harth could fix this. Please try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always like coming backAnnabellaVIPDined on 11/23/2013We ate several times at Harth in the summer and dined outside which was wonderful. First time eating inside and it was a great experience as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect venueKaitDined on 11/20/2013Whether you are looking for a place to have a business meeting, a relaxing fine dining experience, or an esccape from the hustle, this restaurant will exceed your needs. I brought my daughter and mother here to celebrate my daughter turning four years old (I do NOT recommend doing this unless your child can sit quietly-there were various business luncheons and the noise level was at all times respectfully subdued). I was fully expecting this to be a fine dining experience and my daughter is very well behaved for a small child, but the level of attention was surprising. The whole experience was superb, much better than would have been expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harth is a solid dining presenceScottVIPDined on 11/16/2013In the Tyson's Corner area of Washington DC's Virginia suburbs, Harth is one of a handful of reliable choices for very good food and service and pleasant ambiance. The menu exhibits some worthwhile creativity by the kitchen, bread is very good, and there are many good wine choices. The food and table service were up to their usual standards this time.Special Features:
- Flavorful and beautifulpaulaDined on 11/16/2013I'd been itching to try HÄRTH since I had a conference at the Hilton Tysons Corner. The decor is gorgeous, modern, and luminescent. Service is attentive but not overbearing. The menu is seasonal and limited, but varied. I was a little disappointed that 7.30pm on a Saturday night they had already run out of the veal. I really wanted to try that dish. Instead I got the porkchop (which was huge). Perfect wood fired spiciness and moist inside. My friend had the rockfish which was flavorful and not dull like other white variety fish. The salads are large enough to share, and cheddar/sausage fondue- awesome. For dessert we had the butterscotch pudding and cake. Unique presentation and perfectly sweet. Great experience overall and will return.Special Features:
- Perfect for a Happy BirthdayCK34Dined on 11/16/2013This is a great place! We dined before going to Wolf Trap Barns...so we had an elegant meal while in business casual clothes. Great food and excellent selection to appeal to all. Nice pairing wines. Love the ambiance with fires burning ... very cozy yet modern. And they surprised us with a lovely included birthday dessert for my sister.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2013Food and service very good. Had the mushroom risotto with scallops! Must try the bacon jam the chef makes!Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointingDinesOutDailyDined on 11/12/2013If I had never been to Harth prior to this visit, I wouldn't return. However, this was the first time (out of many times dining there), that we experienced less than stellar service and 2 of the 3 of us were disattisfied with our meal. The chef appeared to be heavy handed with the salt & seasonings.We had to ask twice for bread to be served. Our waiter wasn't as attentive as he could've been. It was somewhat disappointing as we were there to celebrate a birthday & one friend drove an hour to get there. I'll probably stick with Seasons 52 from now on & skip Harth.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only problem - serious oneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2013Only problem - serious one in my view - is lack of parking. Such pricey fare should merit valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-day dinnerJust2ofusDined on 11/7/2013From the smiling host to a very attentive waitres-Maria, the evening couldn't go any better. The ambience of the place is a perfect setting for a romantic dinner for two or bigger group dinning out. The food was excellent and the stuff made sure to bring the dishes at the right moment. At the end of the evening the HÄRTH helped us to celebrated the b-day with the special surprise. Will come back in the heartbeat :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was excellentParkCVIPDined on 11/2/2013The service was excellent and we enjoyed the atmosphere, but the food was pretty terrible. I had the vegan curry, which appeared to be whatever vegetables they had handy in the kitchen in water with a touch of curry powder. The vegetables were unevenly cooked and just didn't go together. We tried "the cupcake" for desert - it seemed they were going for an elevated take on the Hostess chocolate cupcake, but it came out more as just a homemade attempt at a Hostess cupcake.
- Excellentadam71Dined on 11/1/2013The food was great, and the wait staff was kind and helpful. We waited a long time for our entrees, but the manager was profusely apologetic and she comp'd a round of drinks, which more than made up for our time. The entrees were creative and the desserts were sinful. What an amazing restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for date night dinner!DateNightFoodieVIPDined on 10/30/2013My fiance and I had a date night here at Harth and we will be back! He had the BBQ Shrimp and Grits and the Roasted Cauliflower, and I tried the Wild Mushroom Risotto. All were very flavorful and delicious. As for the cocktails, I had the Hive and I loved it! The fact that Harth has 4 beehives of their own makes this drink that much better because you can taste the honey in it which gives it a very fresh flavor - it definitely is not store bought honey! Then for dessert, we tried the Butterscotch Pudding, based on our waiter's recommendation. It was perfect! The presentation was neat because they give you the ingredients and you put it together yourself - it was definitely enough for the both of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treat for the eyes and palateHankorejVIPDined on 10/29/2013A beautiful setting in the McLean Hilton. Spaciously set so that there is a sense of privacy yet in a warm environment. My pork sandwich was delicious and the service was good yet unobtrusive. Somewhat pricey, but that goes with being in a hotel setting. In sum, excellent overall for a business lunch.Special Features: