Vines Grille and Wine Bar
7533 W. Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Vines Grille and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vinesgrille.com/
- Phone: 4073511227x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Happy Hour Everyday: 4pm - 7pm in our Bar & Lounge area
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Jazz every evening
A word from Vines Grille and Wine Bar
Discover one of Orlando’s premier upscale restaurant and jazz lounge located on the famed ‘Restaurant Row’, minutes from the convention center. Offering an unsurpassed dining experience in an intimate Chicago style ambiance. Specializing in PRIME USDA BEEF, FRESH FISH & SEAFOOD, cooked over live charcoal. Also featuring an impressive selection of fine wines from around the globe, with live jazz performances daily, great martinis & various chef selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Vines Grille and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Vines Grille and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (41)special occasion (39)notable wine list (37)vibrant bar scene (30)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (14)good for groups (14)hot spot (13)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not again!JrojDined on 2/22/2014Ive had better steak for much less. Our bill for 2 was $165.00 with a $20 off coupon. They cooked it wrong. The place is beautifully set up with a great jazz band that gets loud around the bar. Good place to mingle and have a glass of wine for sure. Best Ceasar salade ever. Would not spend that amount again for a steak that isn't great.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceMrsGLBDined on 2/19/2014Vines is fantastic. I go frequently when visiting friends in Orlando. I have never been disappointed. How can a place that serves fresh bacon as a bar snack not be amazing?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedDavidDined on 2/17/2014Great food, awesome wine selection and very knowledgeable serving staff. I entertained business associates.Special Features:
- Always enjoyed going to VinesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014I've always been a fan of this restaurant and decided to go for Valentine's Day dinner. As expected, it was very busy and as a result fairly noisy, which wasn't too bad. I was just difficult at times to have a conversation at the dinner table. I've always recalled great service but our waiter this time around wasn't too attentive with us and had to flag other waiters to come to our table. Overall, it was a good dining experience and certainly would come again, food is excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak???????Wild4everDined on 2/15/2014We finally found a restaurant that preps your steak the way we ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your walletPappDined on 2/14/2014If you're looking to splurge on a really good dinner then check out vines. Excellent food but if you're on a budget this isn't the place for you. Service is excellent and the food is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular servicePamperedhusbandDined on 2/14/2014Especially considering it was completely packed on valentines day. If you love bacon, great steals cooled your way, and to be pampered, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion RestaurantCaptainDined on 2/14/2014Vines is on the pricey side...but well worth the little extra for special nights. We have been there for Valentine's Day, Birthday's, and Anniversaries. We like to dress up...but perhaps only half or fewer of the guests were looking sharp. Food was exceptional and service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High profile spotThunderfan68Dined on 2/14/2014We had a Great Valentines dinner and enjoyed the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great findSurprisedDined on 2/14/2014We went on open table to find some restaurants that we have not been to. This restaurant was a great find. There isn't one thing I would say bad about it. From the time we entered and left it was a great evening. We were seated in a private room with probably 10 other tables, so the noise level might of been different in the main area. James and another waited on us, and continued to the entire evening. The food came out in a timely fashion, and from salad to entree, to wine, everything was done to perfection. The pricing is comparable to higher end restaurants including the new Eddie Vee, but the food is better. We had the sea bass at both restaurants and The Vine's wins. We can't wait to go back and try the bar menu next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Service & Ambience whereMiamiMikeDined on 2/11/2014Food, Service & Ambience where the best. Entertained inportant VIP customers and alll where extremely pleased. Vine selection huge and bar one of the best I've been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance and RomanticismAntonioUDined on 2/10/2014Dinner at this restaurant was absolutely amazing. From the minute you walk in, you feel a warm and welcoming environment. The staff is highly cordial and well trained. Great for special occasions. The food is delicious although there is not much variety, the dishes that are offered are top quality. Not only do you have live music, but also you get a romantic, dark, cozy, environment as you have dinner with that special someone. I would totally recommend anyone looking to have a nice time to try this restaurant. Valet parking is a plus (complementary).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced menudavidVIPDined on 2/8/2014This restaurant has been very good over the years but recently their menu changed with a wider selection of options including steaks and seafood. The problem is that their food prices are too high now. Their burger is $28, bone-in rib-eye is $68, and the wagu steak is $85. These prices are extremely high even for this area of restaurant row. These prices are much higher than the newly opened Eddie V's across the street which has a much nicer decor inside. The jazz music was always the incentive at this restaurant so I still highly recommend it but just visit the bar area instead. Eating dinner at this place has gotten ridiculously expensive. Just eat across the street and come enjoy the music afterwards.Special Features:
- Too noisy to have a pleasant dinnertennisdr99VIPDined on 2/7/2014The food is good, but does not compare to better choices in the area. The server was non-existent - felt he already had his 20% tip built into the check. This is an energetic bar pick-up scene for the over 45 group. The live music was too loud for us to have a table conversation - we were frustrated trying to converse across the table. The food was good, although the veal chop ordered medium rare was served well done. Sending it back was not truly an option as we were in a group of 7 people. Wanted to have lamb chops, but mint jelly was not available as the chef felt that "was for dinosaurs." Have no reason to return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Happy repeat visitorsSheryllynnDined on 1/28/2014We were introduced to the Vines with friends two years ago when we came to Orlando for a golf outing. There were 3 couples and we all had wonderful dinners and enjoyed the entertainment. We have since returned twice on our last two visits to the area and will return in the future. While a little pricey it is well worth it. The food was scrumptious ( lamp chops and filet) and done to perfection. The staff is personable and knowledgable. The environment is 'upscale relaxed'. It has an air of sophistication without being stuffy or pretentious. Don't miss it!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2014Have been to vines a dozen times as I come to Orlando for an annual conference. This was the poorest service experience I have ever had there. Waiter basically forgot about us, our group was 8. Not sure if this was the Sunday night "b" team or what. My experience earlier in the week, table of 5, was much better. Probably 45 minutes from the time we finished out salad before our entree came out. Waiter left $250-$300 of revenue out there as we couldn't find anyone to order more wine and drinks. Not good. I will try vines again on my next trip, but definitely one strike against.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Service was great, theCitySlickerDined on 1/26/2014The Service was great, the NY Strip & the Lamb Chops were delicious, and we had an all-around wonderful evening at the Vines!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but loud ambiance, bad steaksBarAndWineOnlyDined on 1/25/2014We were two couples and the ambiance was nice, however the level of loudness allows only for good 1 on 1 conversation in closeness at the bar or sitting right next to each other at the table. Our steaks were burned and originally not even cooked to order. Whatever you do, do not get the long bone ribeye. It sounds nice at 24oz to share but in reality, you get 14oz of a very, very long and very thick bone and a tiny thin stake attached to the end with lots of fat on it which makes only about 8oz of realm meat. That stake is a scam and they should warn you about it if they are a serious business or not even have it on the menu as it is. Finally, the flavor and texture of the steak was not near the quality we expected from this place.Special Features:
- RepeatableDocDJCDined on 1/22/2014This is a happening place with excellent food. One complaint is that we had a reservation and were not seated for over an hour. We were repeatedly told table would be ready in a few minutes. Live music in the bar area made it almost impossible to hear but was a nice touch once we were seated in the dining room. Service in the dining room was very good and the food would bring me back in spite to the long wait. Hopefully, the delay in getting seated was a fluke but if it happened again I would not return as there are lots of places with good food and dining out is all about the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!NaVelDined on 1/22/2014The food was outstanding. Crab cakes were delicately spiced with a flavourful, crunchy garnish. The sea bass was cooked to perfection. Molten chocolate cake came with a delicious salted caramel ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceCBrownDined on 1/19/2014The Vines came as a recommendation for a customer meeting due to the food selection and wine list. All were just as described - Great! We were seated immediately and the staff was on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live jazz and delicious foodMKMKDined on 1/11/2014Lots of tvs for the sports fans in the bar area although a bit loud with the music. The music /singing was really good! The sound level was fine in the dining area. Although it was a Saturday night, the dining area wasn't completely full. There is a lot of restaurant competition on Sand Lake Rd. The bar was very crowded and lively though. The food was fantastic - we ordered a few of the appetizers that the waiter recommended and he was correct - octopus, crab, tuna - all terrific. Everyone enjoyed their main courses too - osso bucco, lamb and steaks - top of the line. It is pricey - but worth it for a special night. I want to go back again and just enjoy the music and bar scene and bar food.Special Features:
- Great food, ambience and service cWhetstoneVIPDined on 1/2/2014Vine is a great find. It was recommended by a friend and it was outstanding. There is live jazz in the bar that provides just the right background so that you can enjoy the music and still easily have a conversation. The food was unbelievable and the wine list was very extensive. I had the server help pick the entire meal and was extremely pleased with everything. I travel for a living and eat out 3/4 nights a week amd I will tell you that this was one of the BEST dining experiences that I have had in a very long time.Special Features:
- VinesNeighborDined on 12/26/2013Food was very good and steaks were cooked exactly as requested. Sides were large enough to share. Music in bar was so loud we couldn't talk at dinner without leaning close to the person we wanted to speak with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for late dinnerfrieswiththatVIPDined on 12/15/2013Looked for late meal around 10:30-11 after arrival in Orlando, and this place appeared to serve late, according to OpenTable. In fact it DOES serve late and kitchen was open. But be aware that there was no one in the dining room and on a Friday night the entire front of the place morphs into a VERY loud bar/club scene with live band. Food was quite good though, as was service. But it was odd eating in an empty dining room with loud music and partying coming in from the other side. (It certainly did look like a good place for a late drink or dancing.)Special Features:
- We reserved a large tableLoriDined on 12/12/2013We reserved a large table for a girlfriend birthday party. For a weekday the restaurant was fairly full, the light was perfect and ambiance was great. Our server arrived quickly and will extremely attentive, friendly and efficient and added to the festive party atmosphere. The bread was some of the best we ever had, the food was amazing and everyone enjoyed the celebration! We had a few reservations going in, perhaps too stuffy, perhaps too expensive.....but it was a perfect experience. We girls opted to share salads and entrees, getting around the price issue. I would highly recommend for the celebration of a special event.Special Features:
- Missed cuesJazzguyDined on 12/7/2013I brought my wife there for her birthday, upon the reservation i notified them it was her birthday and if we can have some one there waiting for us. In which I was told they will have done. Neither thing happened or any acknowledgement of it.Special Features:
- OVERPRICED AND UNDERSERVEDOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013For a pricey place you expect the food to me properly prepared and served in a first class fashion. I have never sent a steak back 3 times. The final delivery was charred. How awful. The bread pudding was soggy and doused with too much sauce. A really poor showing for a "pricey place"
- Great Group Nite!virtualginaDined on 12/6/2013Had an enjoyable group date nite with three other couples and we all enjoyed ourselves. Prices a bit high but overall the experience was excellent. Wait staff were top notch and the ambiance was great if you are looking for that million dollar feeling! The decor was exceptional and perhaps one of the best I have seen as far as a wine cellar goes. The live music added to the overall experience especially since we were serenaded at our table! (It pays to know ppl who know ppl!!!!) Thanks for a great nite out.Special Features:
- Just a discover! Very very good!DaniloTVDNDined on 12/1/2013For shure I can tell, one of the bests restaurantes in Orlando area! Steaks was the best! Wine list tremendous! Service just could not be better! Yes, it is expensive, but expected to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentjonwbradyDined on 11/21/2013Once again Vines produces a great dining experience with excellent food, wine, and service.Special Features:
- Never againDissatisfiedVIPDined on 11/15/2013This restaurant pretends to be this wonderful upscale steak house, but failed at pretty much every step. Service was very poor. It took 25 minutes until a waiter came to our table. Once the waiter arrived and had taken our orders, it took 1 hour and 15 minutes before our food arrived. One salad was ordered with the dressing on the side. It was all over the salad. When I mentioned it to the waiter, he promised he would look into it and get back to me. He never did. The steaks were mediocre and not very warm. When one of us was about the eat the last bite of his steak, the waiter delivered the steak sauce. Instead of acknowledging that he screwed up, he just put the sauce on the table with a "better late than never" comment. Wrong again.Special Features:
- Not as good as last timeTurtleDined on 11/12/2013Maybe they were crowded but filet orders were mixed up: medium got rare and vice a versa, plus the service was just not as customer focused as I am used to. The bar music varied from soothing jazz to raucous ...making conversation difficult. Excellent wine list but overall my business associates and I were disappointed. I will return, but for wine and apps at the bar (octopus excelled) or a late "post-crowd" dinner, but definitely not a business dinner at 8!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They go the extra milePatrickwkDined on 11/8/2013I took my wife here for her birthday and they made it a night we'll never forget. The service was fantastic, the food is incredible and the experience was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the waygu filet...orlfairyDined on 11/2/2013We had the waygu filet... it was very pricey but absolutely delicious....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confused serviceConfusedDined on 10/24/2013During our service we were asked 4 times if we would like sparkling or still water before we where given anything by four different servers. Our main server used our table as a side station for the wine service of other tables, which in no world would ever be considered exceptable especially if they are all sommelier's. The food was excellent and while the room was tight and crowded it wasn't too much of a bother the only problem was the confusion and by the server assitance and oversight by the servers.
- Good Findsthoms3355Dined on 10/24/2013Great lamb chops and salad. Great service. Very nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJasonDined on 10/19/2013Make reservations weeks ahead as they fill up quickly. The place is located on what they call restaurant row; bit of a strip plaza with a bunch of restaurants of both high and low class fare. The service here is absolutely top notch and extremely attentive. Actually the best I may have ever had. They're always there the second your water or wine is low in the glass but you never see them. The food was so tasty it's difficult to compare. The plates came out hot and beautiful. I doubt there is a wine list anywhere in the country that compares. The live jazz is a great touch. It was a great experience and would go back in a heartbeat. Still thinking about the food days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfect! Jay,RoganDined on 10/18/2013Everything was perfect! Jay, our server, was incredible. One of the best steaks I've ever had. Apps and sides were incredible. We couldn't finish, good amount of food. Great wine list. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and even better serviceDoublebbDined on 10/18/2013The food was outstanding. The wine even better. And to top it of Jay was a great server. When you go ask for him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.