ROCK'N FISH - Laguna Beach
422 South Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
ROCK'N FISH - Laguna Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rocknfishlb.com/
- Phone: 9494973113x
- Hours of Operation:
Restaurant open daily M-F at 4:00pm
and Saturday and Sunday at 11:30am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Roberto Navarro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: At Rock'n Fish we have Three different rooms to choose from, Our Main Dining Room, The Wine cellar, Or Our Snug.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Wind 949-338-9122x
- Entertainment: Rock'n Fish Laguna Beach Proudly Has live music Friday and Saturday Nights!
- Special Events: Prime Rib Sunday starting at 4pm, Choice of Soup or Salad, Prime Rib Dinner, and desert for $28.95 . Limited Quantity. Once we're out we're out!
- Cross Street: Laguna Avenue
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Metered parking is available in the three story public lot on the corner of Laguna Avenue and Glennerye just behind ROCK'N FISH along with metered street parking. Meters accept coins, bills, and/ or credit cards; please read all posted signs carefully. Handicap access is available through the front of the restaurant.
A word from ROCK'N FISH - Laguna Beach
ROCK'N FISH proudly features oak-grilled, fresh seafood & great steaks, classic New Orleans' specialties, hand shaken cocktails, ice cold artisan beers, and boutique California wines in a lively Laguna Beach atmosphere overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Our American regional menu includes jumbo shrimp, fresh crab & oysters, a large selection of bar bites, signature sandwiches, gourmet burgers, fresh tossed salads, and creative pastas. Enjoy an oak grilled artichoke, Kapalua ribeye, and famous Navy Grog watching a fabulous Laguna sunset. Open for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ROCK'N FISH - Laguna Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (52)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (25)special occasion (23)great for lunch (22)hot spot (21)romantic (18)kid-friendly (16)notable wine list (13)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (11)great for brunch (6)Show More
- I liked it!NoVAtoSoCalDined on 6/15/2014What I liked the most is the location, smack dab in the middle of 'downtown' Laguna Beach, across the PCH from the ocean. The food is good, not great. The service is wonderful, with staff really friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reason why ROCK'N FISH is it's name2desertratsDined on 6/13/2014The Beef ribs left a lot to be desired; they were overcooked and mushy. The steamed clams were excellent, the broth was very different and the cheese toast sopped it up. I would have liked a few more clams for the price. The Swordfish was wonderful, perfectly cooked and the dipping sauce was super. The wedge salad was great cold and crisp and plenty for two. The Key Lime Pie for dessert was the perfect finishing touch. The view at sunset was wonderful and the service was outstanding. Our server was there when we needed her but was not hovering. I noticed that all the servers circled the room frequently and took care of any requests that any customers had whether it was their table or not. Noise got louder later in the evening.Special Features:
- Birthday occasionCucaDined on 6/7/2014Took my boyfriend for his birthday and had a great time. The birthday cake was so good. Sat by window with great viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 425 reviews are from the ROCK'N FISH - Laguna Beach reviews archive.
- Another Rock'n Dinner Outing!Dinner4twoDined on 5/17/2014I find myself dining here every time I visit Laguna Beach and always leave satisfied. I went surf and turf on my first visit but went all seafood since. For those seeking numerous perfectly grilled seafood selections, you found the right place. The friendly service compliments the experience and offers personal advice on suggesting items. I have yet to have any reason to consider going some place else for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rockin FishMiloDined on 5/11/2014The restaurant was great and the waitress was awesome. We did ask for a larger table and the hostess said she was reserving it for 5 tops or more, however, she sat 2 tops there pretty much right after our request. The table was a bit tight that we were at and we could have used a bigger booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectbethVIPDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's day and it wasn't hectic. Nice, casual meal with a view of the ocean, but mostly of all the people on the streets of Laguna on a beautiful Sunday! Parking was a challenge because it was a great day and the beach was packed. Add some time to find parking. Usually the paid lots are available, but not always!Special Features:
- Loud with No ViewLEO1Dined on 5/10/2014Kids next table over the top loud with no curbing by parents. Sent gumbo back and didn't eat.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/20146 of us went to lunch for Mother's Day. Everyone enjoyed their meals! The décor is nice. The staff is friendly. The service was good.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsmvgrandmaDined on 5/6/2014My husband and I have been here, just the two of us. This time, we brought our daughter and son-in-law to celebrate her birthday, and it certainly lived up to our expectations, and theirs. We would classify them as "foodies", and they loved the menus choices, as well as the wide selection of beers. Our server, Stacy, was right there when we needed her, without "hovering." Our party ordered the calimari (best I've had) and the oysters for appetizers. We had the hangar steak, the stuffed salmon (the risotto was excellent), the signature New Orleans BBQ shrimp, and the seafood jambalaya. Everything was great! We finished our meal by sharing the Sticky Toffee Pudding and Warm Chocolate Lava Cake A la Mode. Amazing!!Special Features:
- NOT!TNT2EATVIPDined on 4/30/2014Wait staff was very accommodating and service very good. Unfortunately the meal was marginal. The wedge salad tasted sour and presentation was horrible. My salad chopped with chicken was good, a little warm but not fabulous. Atmosphere dark, mostly tourists, a little depressing even though you can see the ocean. We asked if Chef was here, Sous Chef was cooking that evening. We are locals and for the amount of money will probably go to one of our regular haunts in Laguna.
- Sunday Birthday lunchCherubDined on 4/27/2014Good choice in all respects except parking ! Street parking on PCH impossible and the parking lot above the restaurant which you enter off Gleneyre St. only permits 3 hrs for $6.00. You have to buy tix and put on yr windshield and we were told that parking enforcement gives tickets even on Sundays so.... you really can't park , eat leisurely and then walk around without moving your car which was a turn off. Food was good and server Anna from N.Zealand was outstanding! THey were very kind and brought a slice of cake w/cream and berries and a candle to celebrate my friend's 70th Birthday which was generous and appreciated.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2014With a great location and your popular 'surf and turf' menu, the food was nothing special. Our waiter was very helpful and attentive, although he was supported by a group of busboys that seemed to be rewarded for the number of dishes removed from the table! Became kind of an uncomfortable game it seemed. Often times we were not finished.Special Features:
- Nice start to the weekend!SteveBVIPDined on 4/18/2014After a long week my wife & I needed a nice meal & a couple of drinks. Our waiter was terrific & perfectly described the specials. He was quick with the drinks & calamari appetizer. The drinks were perfect. The calamari was lightly breaded but tasted a little fishy. We both ordered the seafood jambalaya. Mine with rice & my wife's with pasta. Both were great.Special Features:
- Noisy but niceFastjakeDined on 3/29/2014Everything about Rock 'n Fish is great. This is a place with a personality, which is a hard thing to pull off in a food-frenzied world. Walk up a steep flight of stairs (or take the elevator if you must) and you will explode into a world you never knew was there - a world of something very different. Great food, great service, even great music .... But if you don't like pub-style noise, you'd be better off to pass and go to one of the few other places in town with food and service this good, and this different!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Anniversary DinnerDash88Dined on 3/28/2014I took my wife here for our anniversary since we had been married in Laguna Beach many years ago. I won't say how many ;) We live in Yorba Linda, so neither of us were familiar with Rock'n Fish. We looked at the reviews and it seemed like a good bet. From the moment we walked in, everything unfolded very nicely. They had my note requesting a window seat for our anniversary. The fish - halibut - was very fresh and flavorful. We had veggies and sweet potato fries as sides, plus a bottle of sparkling wine. Tasty and delicious. The service was very accommodating and genuine. Just a great evening! We'll have to go back. The nearby parking lot allowed three hours, which was more than enough time for dinner, dessert, and a nice walk by the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- False advertisingFamilyDined on 3/23/2014The clam chowder tasted like something you buy out of a can. The steamed clams was a lot smaller in size than what you see in the picture. For what we ordered, it wasn't worth the money and would never go again. I would have preferred going to Taco Bell
- Good place to bring friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Good place to bring friends for a casual dinner and drinks. They had a guy playing guitar. Waiting staff seemed to be busy, but we were able to get her attention to get what we needed. We dinned at night, so I don't know what it is like during the day, but the night crowd was busy and the restaurant was full.Special Features:
- Excellent Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014The service was excellent and the food was delicious. We are always treated with warmth and great hospitality and remind ourselves to come back sooner next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/15/2014Had two small children in tow and wait staff made special accommodation for them. Very attentive and friendly. The food was fine, not great, and menu could use some expansion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsPetroDined on 3/14/2014This was our 3rd trip there and as before we were very satisfied. The service was good, we were seated right on time and the food was excellent.
- So sad/So badChiTownDined on 3/8/2014Rock'n served the worst meal we have had in 20 years. Only the crab cakes were edible. The jambalaya and gumbo were horrible.Special Features:
- Great dining experiencemvgrandmaDined on 3/3/2014We had early reservations on a Tuesday evening, and the restaurant was practically empty when we arrived. The service was excellent, the food delicious. We shared the calamari appetizer, and were pleasantly surprised by the lightness and flavor. My husband had the seafood jambalaya, which he loved and would order again. I had the cioppino, and was happy to see the variety of shellfish it included. The garlic cheese bread was to die for. The broth was well seasoned, but not overwhelming. We finished off the meal with warm chocolate lava cake a la mode. It was the perfect size to be shared, and the exclamation point to a great meal. The place has a full bar, and it was getting crowded when we left. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Service was great and the food was excellent. Can get pricy when buying drinks but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, will come backTNT2EATVIPDined on 2/23/2014Was not crazy about the seating as we were by the handicap access elevator but the food made up for it. Excellent salad and fish. Service was fair as they were under staffed so it was not attentive. However when we did get their attention, it was very pleasant. A little pricey overall, but would come back as they offered a nice variety with excellent flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rock n Fish is a nice additionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Rock n Fish is a nice addition to the Laguna scene. Food and service are better than just acceptable although not at the highest end. The prices reflect that choice. The wine list offers plenty in the moderate price zone. The bar music is loud enough to be aware of from the dining room but not offensive. Overall it's a nice enjoyable experience without being snooty and when done you are right in the middle of the downtown scene. Kudos for having a nice table ready at the reserved time!!!
- Last minute gemSoCalnewbieDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant was more than expected In terms of the food and service. It may have been where we were seated that our view of Laguna was not great. Still the coziness of the venue was well appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey yet good food.scolgateDined on 2/14/2014Great service and food was good but it is so pricey. If you have the money, go! If you're a recent graduate and are price conscious (like my boyfriend and I) not the best place.
- Good Food and Good Memories2ufromusDined on 2/14/2014I took my date to Rock 'N Fish for dinner on Valentines Day. We were pleasantly surprised at the great quality, and quantity, of very good and delicious seafood. I must say, the swordfish I was served was fresh, hot and unbelievably flavorful. My date commented that the seared ahi tuna she was served was delicious, tender and plentiful. This was our first time eating there and we left the restaurant raving about the good food, the good service, and how it was the perfect setting for a memorable Valentines Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was an okay place but we won'tavdeaterDined on 2/14/2014was an okay place but we won't be going back...parking was a bear..........prices did not befit the food it appeared to us that they have favorites here....as we requested a table with a view at the time of our reservation, and were available, but were told we could'nt have one.....
- We went for the Sunday primeswimmer8Dined on 2/9/2014We went for the Sunday prime rib set dinner special. Prime rib came just as we ordered it -- medium rare. Nice cut of meat and a good sized portion. Mashed potatoes and creamed corn came with dinner and were also good sized portions. We had a choice of soup or salad, and a choice of two desserts. Overall, a very nice experience, and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood and other fare,Pasadenafoodie1VIPDined on 2/8/2014Great seafood and other fare, in a well-appointed, fun location, with ocean views from many tables. Attentive, accurate service. We would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood & musicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014The chopped salad, grilled salmon & mojito were great. There was also a fantastic singer as well. Good Friday night funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummoMammacatDined on 1/31/2014Ahi poke was delicious . Oysters were fresh . I would chose the ahi over the crab legs. I garlic spinach was yummy ! My cucumber martini with st Germaine was a love beverage a little sweet but still good. During the winter months it's quiet and the live music is a nice touch relaxing ( jack Johnson ) vibeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Hawaiian ribs were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/30/2014The Hawaiian ribs were great as well as their signature artichokes.Special Features:
- SuperbFood &GreatMusic @ Fine PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/18/2014Love this restaurant so much, it is now my go to spot! Fresh fish and seafood consistently excellent, music always entertaining, and staff are uncompromisingly welcoming, accommodating, and genuinely friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rock"N Fish RocksLizzyDined on 1/11/2014Great find! We had the best table in the restaurant... right corner where you have a great view of the water. Amazing crab cakes! Would not get the macadamia mahi mahi again ... would try their gumbo next time!Special Features:
- Great location, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2013Great location, great service & great food with good pricingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013RocknFish is always an enjoyable dining experience. Food is great and so is the service. Not too noisy like so many places. We keep coming back for special occasions or just an enjoyable evening. I would recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute New Year's ReservationNewYearsEveDined on 12/31/2013We decided on 12/30 to go out for dinner on New Year's Eve. We were happy to find that Rock'n Fish could accommodate our extended family of 8, including seniors and kids. The food was great, and our waiter was wonderful too. He had the best customer service! It was our first visit and we will definitely go back. Unfortunately, we forgot his name (ugh!), but he could not have been more patient with the grandparents and our table's general indecisiveness in ordering. The busboys were friendly and courteous too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/14/2013I took my wife out for her birthday. It was a party of five, with our son and my parents as well. The food was great. Good selection of steaks and seafood. Food can be prepared a number of ways, but for me, simpler is better. They just lightly season the fish and put it on a mesquite grill, it was awesome! Great service by our food server and others. And nice wine selection and great cocktails! I highly recommend Rock N Fish!Special Features: