124 South 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thedandelionpub.com/
- Phone: 2155582500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English, Gastro Pub, British
- Executive Chef: Robert Aikens
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Meg Torpey 2672383649
A word from The Dandelion
London's culinary revolution comes to Philadelphia with this unique gastropub. Cozy rooms and intimate bars create a storied, Old World aura, while updated seasonal takes on British food make up the menu. In keeping with tradition, our casks and tap craft beers are always rotating, a proper afternoon tea service has a sweet and savory menu and classic family-style roasts are served on Sundays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Dandelion reviews from OpenTable diners
397 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (218)neighborhood gem (199)good for groups (142)great for lunch (129)special occasion (122)hot spot (110)great for brunch (106)romantic (101)vibrant bar scene (100)late-night find (31)great for outdoor dining (22)scenic view (19)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (18)Show More
- Bad serviceCaesar1VIPDined on 9/27/2014Food was ok but our waitress was rude and impatient. I have never left a review before but feel compelled to do so. I have eaten at this restaurant before and at several of Mr Starr's restaurants and have never experienced such bad service. I had friends in from out of town and wanted to take them to a place that had not only good food, but good service too. I picked the wrong place to take them.Special Features:
- Fun hot spot with great food, drinkantiqmeisterVIPDined on 9/26/2014Best Bangers and Mash with rich onion gravy, sticky toffee pudding, very knowledgeable sommelier, people really enjoying themselves........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousDavidDined on 9/25/2014My second time here and better than ever! This time came with my daughter and wife and were kindly sat at a comfortable table with a great view of the city. They were more than considerate to my daughters needs and brought her dish out first. We were also invited to take our time even though it was a busy night. Wife agreed the food was marvelous: pork belly-wow, liver parfait, beef tartare, ceasar salad, fish n chips. I can't say enough about this place. The historic building and decor are worth seeing alone, offering out of towners like us a real Philly feel (even though it's a British themed pub). Will be back again for sure! Try the Dark and Stormy cocktail!Special Features:
- Second visit. More impressed.SnowVIPDined on 9/24/2014Excellent good, amazing service. Happily go back. The half roasted chicken was my favorite. The fish and chips looked good, by tiny portion of fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!SvaroopiDined on 9/21/2014Warm, welcoming staff. Love the decor, the curb appeal, the food & drink. We definitely will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 time did not disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014This was the 2nd time we came with the same group and we all had the same wonderful experience as the first time. I think this will be our spot to celebrate our girls birthday brunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014The Dandelion is one of my favorite restaurants in Philadelphia. I love going here!Special Features:
- We recommendcarolegVIPDined on 9/20/2014First time at this delightful restaurant. We ordered house-made ricotta and duck-chicken liver parfait. Both were totally delicious and came with yummy breads. Portions were plentiful. The cod used in fish and chips was excellent. Our server was exceptional.. attentive, knowledgeable, pro active and friendly. An overall great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch!ElyseDined on 9/20/2014They even noted my open table comment that there was a birthday in the group and surprised us with a small dessert and a candle. I was really impressed. The brunch was delicious too!Special Features:
- KEVINkuaichangDined on 9/19/2014I cannot rave more about my server kevin. knowledgeable, helpful, and considerate without being overbearing. dandelion is a very nice place, but what puts it over the top is staff like kevin.Special Features:
- Nice but way overpricedMetscocDined on 9/19/2014Nice atmosphere, although very noisy, food tasty but some of the meals hardly have anything on the plate. I paid 27$ for literally 3 sea scallops with 4 gnocchi with some raw peas and a small lettuce leave on top, the whole covered by a special green sauce. The other 3 meals were tasty pies, less expensive and with more food to enjoy. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodJewelEatsDined on 9/19/2014I didn't know what to expect for British food, but I was surprised to find several items that I enjoyed. The duck foie gras was delicious, and the London Underground was a great ending. The atmosphere was charming, and our waiter was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/17/2014Came for lunch with business associates and it was excellent. Cool decor, fast service, great food. Perfect.Special Features:
- pleasantly surprisedjpddsVIPDined on 9/14/2014i've been to dandelion a couple of times, but this time i was pleasantly surprised with the food. for some reason, it seemed to be much better than previously. food was already good to begin with, but this time it exceeded my expectations. service was great too. our party had a blast and we all very much enjoyed our food.Special Features:
- Food was exceptionalMarODined on 9/14/2014We went for brunch and the food and service was exceptional! One of the best meals I've ever had in Philly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not "Star" serviceLoveFoodVIPDined on 9/14/2014All 6 of us enjoyed our meal. Food quality and taste was the same as times before. Service was not good and frankly disappointing for being a Steven Star restaurant. Expectation of his restaurants are not only great food but great service. Certainly Dandelion this time and to some extend the time before did not meet the expectation. If you have company and want to make sure the experience is SUPERB all around, I would pick Parc in this neighborhood for a great brunch and much much better service. Also, just a minor note: bread basket was not as diverse and as good as before. Clearly the baker is not the same.Special Features:
- AAAAHHHH-MAAAZZINNGGG!DowntowndishDined on 9/14/2014This was probably one of the best meals I have ever had. From the outside, the restaurant looks like it was transported directly from the streets of London. The interior decor was so unique-with a different theme in every room. My friend and I ate in what was dubbed, the "dog room" with portraits and trinkets of different breeds of dog. The service was excellent, and our server was very kind, the food was to.die.for. The bloody mary was delicious as well :) I'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Delicious & Convenient!NicoleDined on 9/14/2014The food is decent. Coffee was a little strong or the cream was a little weak. Scones are the BEST! The ambiance is AMAZING! So cute! And you can make reservations so that is exciting. :)Special Features:
- BrunchVinsMomVIPDined on 9/14/2014We have been here several times for lunch and enjoyed it. I thought it would be fun to try the brunch menu. The food was so-so, most of it in deep need of salt. Super bland. We also had bloody mary's and mimosas which were tasteless.....not enough booze?....not sure what it was. Strange. We enjoy the ambiance, but I think we will stick to lunch in the future.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinesalot2VIPDined on 9/13/2014brought friends with us from London england and they loved it!!!Special Features:
- DandelionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Service is always impeccable here, food was just as good. It is expensive but well worth it.Special Features:
- AccommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014We had a large group and due to the rain ran a bit late, but they still allowed us to order off the brunch menu and took great care of us. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of EnglandIrishgalDined on 9/12/2014If you are looking for a taste of England, The Dandelion is a must. Great ambiance, reminiscent of an English pub/restaurant in the heart of Philadelphia. Service is excellent and food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- England visitedCARMDined on 9/12/2014English decorum and menu along with a Welsh server who was very personable and attentive. For just a moment it was like stepping off the street in Phila and into a restaurant in England. Fun drinks, good appetizers and fish and chips-all good. A really lovely lunch on a beautiful day in the city.Special Features:
- ExcellentBarbDined on 9/11/2014Love this place. It's cozy, food is comforting, never feel rushed.Special Features:
- Back at the Dandelion PubwebsterDined on 9/10/2014I returned to the Dandelion for the second time in a week and this time was even better than the previous time. Kudos to Jillian, our server. What I most appreciated was that we were not rushed and when I told Jillian that we hoped we could take our time, she was very gracious in saying that was "absolutely fine." The ambiance is still a bit noisy but one van get used to it, depending where the table is. The service was especially attentive this time.Special Features:
- Great for group lunch!KashDined on 9/8/2014Awesome food, refreshing cocktails, and the right ambiance for a group get-together. Our group of seven was seated on the 2nd floor by the window and it was perfect!Special Features:
- great brunchbrileyDined on 9/7/2014Stopped by the Dandelion with my fiance's parents and siblings for a quick brunch before we had to head to the airport. It was perfectly casual (since we were so hungover from a wedding we needed something easy) and the food was great. The beet and salmon appetizer was divine. We will definitely be back next time we're in Philly!Special Features:
- Dining DelightLou28DawnVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was my first visit to The Dandelion and my wife and I both found it wonderful. The atmosphere was warm and friendly, the service was great from the hostess through the numerous members of the wait staff that supported our waitress. The waitress was very attentive, without being intrusive, knowledgeable, personable, and professional. The food was delicious beginning with the warm bar olive appetizer and ending with a newly created dessert and everything in between. The wine list was very good and there creative cocktails that were equally as good. I highly recommend The Dandelion and intend to return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal & atmospherembweinDined on 9/5/2014My parents were in from out of town and this was a great spot to take them! We all enjoyed our food (we had a hard time deciding… lots of great options!). Great service. Our waitress was very friendly, funny, and helpful with the menu. Loved the atmosphere of the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- websterDined on 9/3/2014I always enjoy The Dandelion. This time (September 3) the service was outstanding, as was the food. The issue for me is always the noise. I would love it if such a great restaurant could have 3-5 "quiet tables." The absence of quiet,however, won't keep me away from going again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- English pub with extraordinary foodMarkDined on 8/30/2014I never thought I had food issues until now. I'm sure that we all have had good or perhaps great food before. However, the sauce on the fig cake dessert will make you want to smear it all over your body so that every pore can drink in/absorb/enjoy this remarkable toffee sauce. Now that I have that covered I'll move on to the review. The establishment is a quaint English style pub. Make reservations early. There are few outdoor tables available and the remaining seats are on two floors but the interior can get loud when busy. Any issue can be overlooked because the food is ... in a word ... amazing - with perfectly cooked fish and chips, or roasted chicken. The chef here is an expert at sauces... This establishment will become a staple!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodfoodjunkie11Dined on 8/30/2014just like eating at a pub in England except the food is much better at dandelion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sweet Place to BegingerpupDined on 8/29/2014Many times going to a new restaurant you don't really know what to expect. From the moment you walk through the front door you're greeted with smiles and a very warm family feeling. The service was astonishing, and the food was fabulous. We could not have asked for a better start to the holiday weekend. We were there with a group of 7, and we all highly recommend checking this gem out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good ..TheeDined on 8/28/2014Either it's for lunch, dinner or just drinks, it's a great place to hang out with your friends. Very relaxing and chill-out atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014Fast, quick, great service, good food. The perfect lunch spot if you're strapped for time.Special Features:
- Fun AtmosphereglensidegourmetDined on 8/26/2014Lots of stuff to look at and a great personality. I was surprised by the fish and chips - I was expecting the entire meal to come in an open cardboard box, as I have had it in the UK, but they served it as a single piece of cod on a plate, with just the chips (French fries) in the box. The fish was very light - really excellent. I think the fish pate would have been better if they had served it with crackers or lighter bread instead of the heavy bread they served it with, but my companions loved it. They also need to work on their wine selection - it's limited. That said, the wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable, and it's a very fun restaurant, especially if you like beer. Overall, a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've returned yet againsavannahtraveler2013VIPDined on 8/24/2014This was my fourth time at Dandelion in the last 6 months. This is all about what a restaurant should be. The whole dining experience was perfect in every way. From the ease of reserving a table, to the friendliness of the staff when leaving. This trip was extremely notable because of the number of people who attended to us, and the knowledge and attitude of the staff. I have never encountered one employee with an attitude. That is the way all restaurants should be. The decor is over the top--funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Dining in the CitySMCizMeDined on 8/24/2014I was greatly pleased by The Dandelion. The crowd is energetic no matter what time of day I have been there. The staff is abundant and all welcoming and pleasant (special thanks to Ronnie for her insight and individual attention) The selection is surprisingly big for such a niche establishment and even has a few classic standbys for the less adventurous diners in your group. There is a nice depth to the flavors that is unexpected from such simple dishes, but even down to the batter on the fish and chips, there was a complexity not generally expected from such a dish. Highlights included: Heirloom tomato salad, oysters, fish & chips, and the sticky toffee pudding. Seating note: Snag a table in the upstairs bar if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidAlBDinerDined on 8/24/2014Had brunch, which is difficult to distinguish, but the food was solid. Great Bloody Mary. Service was excellent. Atmosphere was also very nice. Overall, it had the quality and theatre one expects from a Starr restaurant. Would recommend and return without hesitation. I'm curious about dinner options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.